Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. (1040 Views)

Boring Biafra! - A Case Study Of Biafra Town , Biafra Republic And Ala Biafra / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. by emudiagaebbah: 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
The year 2011 in the NYSC was a very important year. It was the year when all were yearning for good goverance. The political temperature was hot . There was a sudden increase in patriotism of country men who spoke with one voice to bring back unity, peace, good goverance which was believed would tranform the country into what our founding fathers had so much desired , this kind of mass movement was seen last since June 12 1993. Today as I write am compelled to look at the year and do my best to show that Nigeria has forgetten about her heroes. This is what makes this writeup gain the title the unforgotten heroes. Like stated before that the 2011 calander was a different year for the NYSC; the question was why was this year so different? Why was it a special year for an organization whose duty it was to produce corpers from numerous graduate that are bound in Nigeria for decades. The answer is not far fetched. One answer is that there was a change in public spirit . People wanted change. The good people of this country did not want to be governed any more on the basis of tribalism, nepotism and other forms of negative nationalitics vices. The other reason was that there were groups of dedicated youths who wanted to make a difference. They sacrificed every thing for the country. This to a large extent includes their lifes. Their courage kept the country together and won to to it fame among comity of nations who adjudge the first election conducted by corper as free and fair. But this did not happen with some kind of magicians trick but rather with dedication, spirit , blood were criteria with which all this took place. So many lost their lifes over the anouncement of results, some were mained and while others were subjected to fear of the unknown. However, as a corper serving at that time in Yabo , Sokoto we got the news of all that happened in states like Kaduna, Gombe and many other northern state in the federation. The news, sent us to a temporary hell thinking they would soon come for us. This did not discourage my fellow corpers and I who decided to continue with the electoral process. It was a sacrifice worth giving for the country and NYSC that was facing public criticism on it relevance. However, silver or gold we do not seek neither do we ask for government or so ever to knight us as heroes . All we wanted was good governance, jobs for the youth who had on one time served the country and are still doing it today. Is this too big to ask for? The answer is best known in your heart. Today, the reverse is the case, as a student of History this is not new to me there is even an important statement to back it up. This statement is as follows: History repeats itself often than not. It is evident that the only way to break out from this nagative subjection of slavery put on us is if we take up to continuous peaceful agitation and not revolution. The federal government has it role to play to avoid violence for they have murdered sleep. We would not forget so fast a part of Nigeria national anthem which says thy labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain. The federal government have neglected these lines. Some section of the public would view this article as too extreme. This would either be that they would either be judging this paper with more of an emotive stand than a cognitive one. This type of judgement does not concern me because I know whatever any one may one say history would judge and like Alexandr Solzhensyn, I will want to be best remembered in such a way that all fact written against me would like dry muds fall off. It is in this light I dare say that with all the sacrifice put by a group to raise this country in presents of death and fear they have been forgetten allowed to leave in poverty without Jobs, some still depending on their parent who are now suppose to depend on them. GOD BLESS THE FORGETTEN HEROES AND MAY HE REMEMBER YOU. Paper written by EBBAH EMUDIAGA an historian .

3 Likes

Re: The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. by tirtimy: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
NYSC member who served, God bless them.
Re: The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. by emudiagaebbah: 9:09am On Oct 20, 2013
tirtimy: NYSC member who served, God bless them.
thanks.
Re: The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. by haddyboyz(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2013
na tru saying. am jst assuming wat dis country will be like in 10yrs 2 cme. wit all dis trash our leaders are doing. God bless d corpers 4 deir selfless service 2wards humanity. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. by Wsdm: 10:01am On Oct 20, 2013
Your pieces is ladden with great emotions. However, my Ameen goes to the innocent copers who served as a collateral damage to the guilty. Take the just concluded delta central senatorial election for example; the copers were fingered in the electoral manipulations in which an observer wrote a very aggressive article about that. What do you think will be the coper's plight next time in that region. The fact is that, there is hunger in the land, but should not reduce the copers also to street urchins.
Re: The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. by emudiaga1: 7:13am On Feb 06, 2015
Powerful work ; philosophically sound.
Re: The Forgetten Heroes A Case Study Of NYSC 2010/2011. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:32am On Feb 06, 2015
Story

We have heard..

We know ur motives are inclined, not pure, not real..just to incite..

(1) (Reply)

Another Brilliant Piece On Achebe From CNN Website / OAM4J What Exactly Is Your Problem? / When Is The N6 And N4 Call Rate Starting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.