Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. (11548 Views)

SEE List Of INEC Chairmen Since Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by eunisam: 8:58pm On May 06, 2015
AGONIES OF INEC ADHOC STAFFS

A case study of Eboyi state.

The Nigerian general elections has come and gone. The Presidential and gubernatorial election were conducted on the 28th of mach and 11th April 2015 respectively. It is very clear that the INEC cannot conduct a successful election without employing the adhoc staff,The INEC opened up their website to receive application for any interested person to work as an adhoc staff and millions of Nigerians applied for it and went for the training.

This training took place across the nation,some took place in a very conducive environment while a large potion of the applicant received their orientation under the mango trees and some under the canopy while others trained directly under the sun..

I was among those who were train under the canopy without a single chair to seat. Or any refreshment for four days in Ebonyi state.

Due to the fact that the election was postponed, JEGA mapped out another two days for refreshers training which was successful.

During the election,we left our homes on friday to the INEC center in preparation of the election.

It is inhuman that on the eve of the election we spent the night in an open field where they were no little protection to the cold weather, it was a pitiable pity that we did not bath,sleep or ate anything for the three days spent in the presidential election and same thing on the gubernatorial election.

Despite the suffering and agonies we pass through during the electoral process,we were able to deliver a transparent,credible,free and fair election In the history of Nigeria,The INEC (JEGA) are yet to pay us.

After the Elections,many of us got sick due to cold some had accident on their way home and we spent money to cure ourselves. many are still suffering from pneumonia, ulcer and many more due to the fact that INEC did not really cared for us like feedings and accommodating us.

In as much as the money to be paid by INEC is a peanut compared to the risk,challenges,and suffering we passed through during the electoral process, INEC has refused to pay us the nine thousand naira the feel like paying.
Few has been paid while majority are yet to receive an alert.

JEGA please answer my humble questions below.

1. What are the factors responsible for the delay in payment?
2. does it mean they is no money budgeted to the adhoc staff?

3. Could it be that some big guns (oga@d top) are holdig the money hostage?
4. could this inhuman act be link to corruption?
5. Is JEGA this heartless?
6. Why does the Nigerian government care little about their citizen except you shout and turns violent?
7. what happened to N120bn budgeted for the conduct of the poll by the Independent National Electoral Commission?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by eunisam: 9:09pm On May 06, 2015
more pix

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by otokx(m): 10:23pm On May 06, 2015
Same thing in Rivers State; payment not yet effected even after submitting bank account details of adhoc staff only serving corpers have been paid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 06, 2015
v
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by U235weapongrade: 10:40pm On May 06, 2015
My dear,i know how u feel..
I'm a corper serving presently in Lagos and was part of the election.
In Lagos state,all corpers have been paid and like wise other states of the federation..

But other Ad-hoc staffs, who happen not to be corpers have not been paid..
My dear,dia is so much to dat money dat we will Neva know..

From my deduction,INEC had plans of not paying dat money, and they knew they can't owe corpers, so dey gave our money to NYSC to pay us...

People dat worked with me, still call me up to dis moment asking me WADUP
If they happen to go to the INEC office in my LGA, they would get responses like ARE U A KOPA

NIGERIA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by tola9ja: 10:40pm On May 06, 2015
[size=18pt]chai diaris god hoo[/size]
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by juniormusa(m): 10:40pm On May 06, 2015
Jega please look into this
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by juniormusa(m): 10:41pm On May 06, 2015
Baba one chance
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by popesam1(m): 10:41pm On May 06, 2015
Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by juniormusa(m): 10:42pm On May 06, 2015
This ppl should pay dis corpers

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by juniormusa(m): 10:42pm On May 06, 2015
There's God
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by msmon(m): 10:42pm On May 06, 2015
Brb!
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by preizton(m): 10:44pm On May 06, 2015
March to their office and protest, thats the language that they will understand.

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 06, 2015
following ....
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by yimikaa: 10:44pm On May 06, 2015
Okay
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by babyfaceafrica: 10:46pm On May 06, 2015
Your suffering is less than mine...I was an adhoc staff of inec too in ogun state and I can assure you that all adhoc staff in ogun state has been paid..I think there is a problem with your state disbursing the funds ..its nots JEGAs fault ...someone is playing mario with you peoples money...sowieabout your plight but do not generalise unless you hear othe peoples story...

3 Likes

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by MrMcJay(m): 10:48pm On May 06, 2015
Why always Ebonyi? Always in the news for the wrong reasons.

It is only in Ebonyi that you hear stuff like "Our Governor Martin Elechi is a youth-friendly governor. His last born is a 42-year old youth".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 06, 2015
The Nigerian shame.

Makes me want to steal billions and get a 3million naira fine.
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by pantless(m): 10:49pm On May 06, 2015
Hehehe...see two dudes sharing one babe while d oga dem re chilling in A.C rooms with imported chikalas...life goes on in naija
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by okotv(m): 10:52pm On May 06, 2015
This is uncalled. for and callous. The government should do something.

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by okomogo(m): 10:54pm On May 06, 2015
Its thesame in Delta state, my cousin in Lagos told me she got alert since last week. She was paid 13K per election,and 9.5k for training, yesterday I got alert for 9k. I don't understand INEC, are we now not worthy of our wages. We deserve better treatment, some people were kidnapped discharging same duty you are owing them for, it's unfair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by baybeeboi: 10:56pm On May 06, 2015
when NURTW bin d pull staunts some people bin d call dem stewpid. Now learn from them.
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by youngwarlocks: 10:57pm On May 06, 2015
hmnnn
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by 1miccza: 10:58pm On May 06, 2015
U235weapongrade:
My dear,i know how u feel..
I'm a corper serving presently in Lagos and was part of the election.
In Lagos state,all corpers have been paid and like wise other states of the federation..

But other Ad-hoc staffs, who happen not to be corpers have not been paid..
My dear,dia is so much to dat money dat we will Neva know..

From my deduction,INEC had plans of not paying dat money, and they knew they can't owe corpers, so dey gave our money to NYSC to pay us...

People dat worked with me, still call me up to dis moment asking me WADUP
If they happen to go to the INEC office in my LGA, they would get responses like ARE U A KOPA

NIGERIA

Bros slow down,I am in Lagos and an ex corper,I have been fully paid
Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by olalat(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2015
I think the problem is from the state u served.you are a graduate for God sake. Take up the matter, challenge those corrupt individuals in that state inec. Open their yansh. They are suspected theives.

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. by habex005(m): 11:01pm On May 06, 2015
I feel your pain

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Sign Peace Agreement In Imo / Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office / PDP-USA Supports Lere Olayinka As National Publicity Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.