Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! (3663 Views)

Obasanjo's Adopted Son, Udoh Henry At His 79th Birthday In Ogun State.pics / We Don't Belong To The Biafrans! A South/south Voices Out. / Doctrine Of NECESSITY Will Be Adopted To Swear In WIKE As Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by Alfamann: 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
Another strategy Biafra should have adopted is that of wickedness. The mistake Biafrans made was trying to treat Nigerians as they would like Nigeria to treat them. That was wrong. There is no such thing as a kind war.
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
T9ksy:

Ojukwu didn't exactly trust Banjo rather like you opined, he was using Banjo as his "Trojan horse" into

yorubaland. Remember the mid-west invasion and how ojukwu unbeknown to banjo had instructed a unit led by Lt. Col. Ochei (a

Midwest Ibo officer), to specifically attack the Government house in Benin, ostensibly to capture the governor, Lt. Col. Ejoor

dead or alive.

Thank you fo ur civilzed respnse, I will ignore dat stwupid one quoting me out of contxt!
But I thnk Ojukwu was still wrong in using Banjo! Could I, as a Yorubaman, use an Igboman to destroy Onitsha? or use an Hausaman to destroy Sokoto?
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by T9ksy(m): 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2013
cogitoErgo:
Thank you fo ur civilzed respnse, I will ignore dat stwupid one quoting me out of contxt!
But I thnk Ojukwu was still wrong in using Banjo! Could I, as a Yorubaman, use an Igboman to destroy Onitsha? or use an Hausaman to destroy Sokoto?

Ojukwu was trying to be smart and cunning by halves. Infact, i believe ojukwu was expecting Awo to declare a civil uprising when he gets back to his base. Remember, he asked Ojukwu to give him 2weeks before declaring seccession which ojukwu of course, renaged on. He miscalculated that with this uprising the northern troops would have made mincemeat of the yoruba population who would then be just happy to welcome Banjo ahead of BLF, with open arms. Ojukwu's letter to Banjo was quite presumptuous and leaves nothing to the imaginations as to what to expect when the "liberators" finally reach lagos, as they did in the mid-west region.

This is one of the grouse the ibos have with Awo and the yorubas, i.e not falling for ojukwu's childish prank which they thought was a masterstroke. As if there's any yoruba boy over the age of 12 who does not know of the story of Afonja and mallam alimi. Lightening, they say, does not strike in the same spot, twice.
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by tpia5: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
what i find amazing is there were so many interventions to stop the war, yet it still happened. Maybe the interventions were too late?

oh well, i guess when the wind of war is blowing, there's really little that can be done to stop it.
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by Alfamann: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
T9ksy:

Ojukwu was trying to be smart and cunning by halves. Infact, i believe ojukwu was expecting Awo to declare a civil uprising when he gets back to his base. Remember, he asked Ojukwu to give him 2weeks before declaring seccession which ojukwu of course, renaged on. He miscalculated that with this uprising the northern troops would have made mincemeat of the yoruba population who would then be just happy to welcome Banjo ahead of BLF, with open arms. Ojukwu's letter to Banjo was quite presumptuous and leaves nothing to the imaginations as to what to expect when the "liberators" finally reach lagos, as they did in the mid-west region.

This is one of the grouse the ibos have with Awo and the yorubas, i.e not falling for ojukwu's childish prank which they thought was a masterstroke. As if there's any yoruba boy over the age of 12 who does not know of the story of Afonja and mallam alimi. Lightening, they say, does not strike in the same spot, twice.

Even goats sometimes find the need to bleat.
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
SmartTalk: Now, before you start reacting to the topic without understanding my reason for this post, a few caveats:
1. War is unnecessary. The Nigerian Civil war would have been avoided if Nigeria stuck to the terms agreed on in the Aburi Accord.
2. Biafra would rise again, but I do not think war with Nigeria would recur. Nigeria is doing a good job of destroying herself, so Biafrans only need to opt out when the madness reaches a head. .

1. Yes, the accord should have been adhered to and Ojukwu should have been pseudo-emperor of the Eastern Region with no one to call him to order whenever he decided to go nuts. Or dont you know that one of the main contentious issue that led to the civil war was Ojukwu demanding that the Head of State not have the power to remove him as Governor for any reason? Does that make sense to you? 2 Presidents in one country? Ojukwu got at least 8/10 of whatever requests he made to Nigeria, issues like the one I enumerated above are what drove him to war.

2. Yes, Biafra will "rise". Nigeria will fall and that will be "partly" because 5th columnists like the Eastern Region played their part perfectly to undermine the Union. I do not say this to absolve any other ethnic group, and I understand that the igbos want out of Nigeria so they'll do anything to weaken it like: not standing up to be counted when everyone else is railing against the removal of subsidy or that Nigeria deserves better than GEJ. What the Eastern Region does not understand is that---like your comment about 'Biafra opting out when the madness reaches its head'--- it will be heading into an unsolvable quagmire. I'd like to see how it would subjugate the minorities in the Eastern Region and bring them under the control of Biafra with Igbos at the head now that the Ijaws tasted what power and money feels like. Remember, Igboland is landlocked.
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
Alfamann: Another strategy Biafra should have adopted is that of wickedness. The mistake Biafrans made was trying to treat Nigerians as they would like Nigeria to treat them. That was wrong. There is no such thing as a kind war.

Right, like all the Afemais in present day Edo state that they murdered just because they had the "Hausa/fulani" tribal marks, clothing and because they adhered to tenets Islam. I bet those ones were murdered nicely, kindly and politely in cold blood for their own good by the "Biafran Expeditionary Force".
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by SmartTalk: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
kingoflag:

1. Yes, the accord should have been adhered to and Ojukwu should have been pseudo-emperor of the Eastern Region with no one to call him to order whenever he decided to go nuts. Or dont you know that one of the main contentious issue that led to the civil war was Ojukwu demanding that the Head of State not have the power to remove him as Governor for any reason? Does that make sense to you? 2 Presidents in one country? Ojukwu got at least 8/10 of whatever requests he made to Nigeria, issues like the one I enumerated above are what drove him to war.

2. Yes, Biafra will "rise". Nigeria will fall and that will be "partly" because 5th columnists like the Eastern Region played their part perfectly to undermine the Union. I do not say this to absolve any other ethnic group, and I understand that the igbos want out of Nigeria so they'll do anything to weaken it like: not standing up to be counted when everyone else is railing against the removal of subsidy or that Nigeria deserves better than GEJ. What the Eastern Region does not understand is that---like your comment about 'Biafra opting out when the madness reaches its head'--- it will be heading into an unsolvable quagmire. I'd like to see how it would subjugate the minorities in the Eastern Region and bring them under the control of Biafra with Igbos at the head now that the Ijaws tasted what power and money feels like. Remember, Igboland is landlocked.

1. Ojukwu's action is none of anyone elses's concern but Biafrans. I would rather have a "nuts" Ojukwu protecting me in Biafra than a "sane" Murtala or other hacks that were active participants in the genocide. And finally on this point, that was not a contentious issue - not recognising the power of Gowon to do crap - as at the time the Aburi accord was signed, Gowon signed the accord, remember? Whatever makes sense to you, being part of Nigeria at that time when nothing was done to stop the killings does not make sense to me.

2. Nigeria would fall, yes. But y'all don't need our help and don't try to blame it on us. We only need to bid our time. Standing up to be counted for anything would mark us out and we would get blamed. As far back as 1956, the independence movement - named an Igbo movement by some British civil servants - was good enough excuse to kill Igbo people. So please, do not blame us for the actions of your leaders. How many non-Igbo people protested when the price of fuel in the East was not subsidized? The price of fuel in the East has been about the highest in the country, why did you not protest? Why would Eastern based citizens start protesting because the price was raised to levels near what it has always sold in the East? We owe Nigeria nothing. We gave y'all independence. Our work is done. Now let my people go.

And the talk of Igbo subjugating minorities is delusional. They can stay in Nigeria if they want. Only the regions that choose to be full members of Biafra are welcome. Aceess to the sea is not as important now as it was in the 19th century. That blackmail does not move us. Whatever the minorities of the South decide on their identities, we would trade with them as our ancestors traded with their ancestors. That's all that is important. Like I said, we would pursue common interests with hard nosed policies that protect our interests. Territories that want to retain their control over their land but still want to have some commonalities with Biafra like common military umbrella and educational standards can do so by having partial nationhood with Biafra like Saipan, Guam, etc currently have with Biafra if they meet minimum requirements. I have addressed this before in this post: https://www.nairaland.com/1155411/tribal-war-noise-making#13830349
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by T9ksy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
Alfamann:

Even goats sometimes find the need to bleat.

Thank you..............anything else?
Re: Additional Strategies The Biafrans Should Have Adopted To Win The War!!!!!!!!!!! by SmartTalk: 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
I welcome those interested in discussing solutions to the Nigerian problem and the future of Biafra to visit www.nairaland.com/1248907/preparing-east-post-nigeria-future and comment.

Thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strong Indication That A Russian Backed Coup Will Soon Happen In Saudi & Turkey / Is Your State Governor As Wicked AS This One?? Please Expose Wicked Governors.. / BREAKING: FGN Approves N27,000 As New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.