Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? (905 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by bingbagbo(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
i have tried many of them,, and its like they are all the same.
money, money, money, money.
is that what the bible says?
i will want to go to church to ask for forgiveness of my sins and also fo r God to help me and i am rather burdened with money demands.
offering: sometimes 3 times each service

tithe: every month

pastor's appreciation: once a year

harvest: twice a year.

is there a church in Africa that doesnt make all these demands? i don tire embarassed
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by ndukwejoe(m): 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
yes , go to Jehovah's witness, or Jesus Christ of latter days saint. there nobody will ask you for money.
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by Goshen360(m): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
Unfortunately, my pastor friend's church is in Calabar - Living Waters. They don't teach tithe for Christians, no seed sowing because they understand that the seed is the word of God. They only practice Grace based giving. I know many churches here in the United States that don't pressure you into giving but I don't know of much of them in Africa except for the aforementioned.

Also, the Grace based giving is the ONLY thing that is scriptural - whereby you give what you have with a cheerful heart and that's where the blessing is. It's a natural thing to give and receive apart from the bible saying it but we are to give whatever we have, not what we are forced or coerced to give.
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by brainpulse: 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360: Unfortunately, my pastor friend's church is in Calabar - Living Waters. They don't teach tithe for Christians, no seed sowing because they understand that the seed is the word of God. They only practice Grace based giving. I know many churches here in the United States that don't pressure you into giving but I don't know of much of them in Africa except for the aforementioned.

Also, the Grace based giving is the ONLY thing that is scriptural - whereby you give what you have with a cheerful heart and that's where the blessing is. It's a natural thing to give and receive apart from the bible saying it but we are to give whatever we have, not what we are forced or coerced to give.

I thought He was asking for a church that will not ask or demand for any form of money from the congregation, be it offering, tithes, freewill, offering for widows & orphans, pastor's welfare etc.
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by bingbagbo(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
ndukwejoe: yes , go to Jehovah's witness, or Jesus Christ of latter days saint. there nobody will ask you for money.

latter days hate blacks, jehovah witnesses dont vote embarassed
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by alexleo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
GO TO THE APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH.
NO OFFERING TIME DURING SERVICE.
NO RECORD KEEPING OR MONITORING OF TITHE(JUST DO AS THE SPIRIT LEADS YOU).
NO PREACHING ABOUT MONEY RATHER THEY PREACH HOLINESS WITHOUT WHICH NO MAN SHALL SEE GOD.
NO SPECIAL RECOGNITION OF A BIG MAN OR SPECIAL SEAT FOR THEM.
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
^^

advertising for your club , no ? Or is it a church hmmm.

Sorry denominations are contributing to the babel of confusion in the body of Christ.

the church can meet anywhere.

Besides you still collect tithes , no.

Don't be a hypocrite bro.
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by alexleo(m): 11:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
frosbel: ^^

advertising for your club , no ? Or is it a church hmmm.

Sorry denominations are contributing to the babel of confusion in the body of Christ.

the church can meet anywhere.

Besides you still collect tithes , no.

Don't be a hypocrite bro.

and imagine how foolish you sound and tomorrow you call an atheist fool not knowing that you are a bigger one. Keeep behaving like a mad cow all in the name of posting on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
alexleo:

and imagine how foolish you sound

No, he is more of a hypocrite. Notice how he never mentions the name of his own church
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2013
alexleo:

and imagine how foolish you sound and tomorrow you call an atheist fool not knowing that you are a bigger one. Keeep behaving like a mad cow all in the name of posting on nairaland.

I can see your apostolic faith holiness in display, keep it up.
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Is There A Church That Does Not Pressurise Its Members With Financial Demands? by bingbagbo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
FabChic:

My guess is that there would be some Churches that are not money-volves. Remember, we are not coerced into giving. I've been to a Church event where the Pastor was trying to raise funds for a visiting Pastor. He asked that members voluntarily stand up to give. Surprisingly, no one did. It got embarassing that members relunctanttly started getting up (I did too, out of pity cheesy ).

They usually start out with sincere intentions, but overtime may end up with prosperity gospel; fundraising, selling their books, DVDs, t-shirts, and most ominously spiritual rewards.

my fears embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 14th May, 2013 Leadership In Trial By Pastor / People Prefer Calling Our Pastors Mama An Papa, Why.. / Scandalous! Scanned copies of Watchtowers Letter To Hitler During The Holocaust!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.