Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,263 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses (10692 Views)

Burnt Buses At Forte-oil Tanker Ojuelegba Accident Scene (photos) / My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by buchibabe: 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
From d bad stAte of d buses,broken chairs,broken windows(esp wen it rains),abusive drivers n conductors,conductors mouth n armpit odour esp wen he stretches his hand to collect his fare frm a passenger.....infact eh,it is a wa

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by DonaldGenes(m): 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Talking about one's individual experience in the hands of so-called Nigerian nightmare-travelling buses,I have got enough repertoire of most menacing and crasiest experiences am I the only one who likes boarding Peace mass transit buses?qosh!! Those buses are one heck of a bullshiiiiiiit,In retrospect,en route on my way from ibadan to port harcourt,can you believe that their rickety hell of a bus broke down four times along the way,i was so livid with anger deep within me,"oga driver,Do you know we fit bundle you and beat the living shit out of your life"so quipped some of the frustrated passengers"felt like strangling the driver that I had to reach ph in the death of the night 1.pm...can you imagine?
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by doctokwus: 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
Poor grammar.This is a poor advertisement for d fp of nairaland,nay nigeria.This is d www for pete's sake& pple far& wide view nairaland.This shd av bn tucked somewhere in d...anyother place dan d fp.
@topic,dose interstate buses dat only buy fuel or pump their tyres wen d bus is filled is simply because d driver only gets d mony for these services after fares wud av bn collected.It acts as an informal accounting system for d owner or transport company.
As for d other issues u mentioned,take time to find out& d answers wud b gven to u
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by omaigala(m): 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
grin grin I was engrossed in scrutinising her write up that I forgot to attend to her request.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by gen2briz(m): 6:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
DnigerianPrince: It's not as bad as your grade 1 English, I can guarantee that.

Chai..... Nairaland, land of professors.... I beg point out my blunders also
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by xynerise: 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
@op. You dont wanna know my experience. It was awful grin
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by DaMayor1: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
To all attacking the young ladys English skilz, na inferiority complex dey wory una. When u suceed in geting an english man to pronounce a nigerian name properly, then you can fault a nigerian for murdering english. Or dem tel una say english na her first language? The point is that the mesg is pased and you understand what the op is trying to say. If u dont, look the other way.

5 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by vokalguy(m): 6:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
Temi 23: Good day Nairalanders,
I will love to share my experience with Nigeria Bus;why is it that some of the owner of these bus don't know how to service their machine. For example if you board a bus going to any state in nigeria, until the passenger filled up and the bus start to move that's when the driver will know that he doesn't have petrol,he has not pump is tyre and βε̲̣ wasting the passengers time. Does Nigeria Bus really worth it? If you put on white cloth and you enter into any one of them before u get to your destination the white would have turned to black especially dry season oh gush can't imagine.

Pls feel free to share your experience

I noticed you created this thread using your beloved blackberry device. I would recommend you sell your blackberry device and use the money to hire a private tutor.You have murdered the English language. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by DnigerianPrince: 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
doctokwus: Poor grammar.This is a poor advertisement for d fp of nairaland,nay nigeria.This is d www for pete's sake& pple far& wide view nairaland.This shd av bn tucked somewhere in d...anyother place dan d fp.
@topic,dose interstate buses dat only buy fuel or pump their tyres wen d bus is filled is simply because d driver only gets d mony for these services after fares wud av bn collected.It acts as an informal accounting system for d owner or transport company.
As for d other issues u mentioned,take time to find out& d answers wud b gven to u
shocked shocked

Are you kidding me?
I don't mean to be the grammar police but your English is just as bad as the poster's.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by UnimkeAk(m): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
95% of the Commercial buses in Nigerian cities are crap, so when I'm not driving I don't do buses. But when I was in the university between yr1/yr2 I did buses when going home menh "Metrol Blue. Yes very comfy,good times it was, you see the bus route passed through two universities and a lot of chics picking was done. *Back to the matter*
Thumbs up to the interstate buses, there are actualy kept in good shape, have air conditioners and tis very comfortable 3persons per seat.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by vokalguy(m): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
doctokwus: Poor grammar.This is a poor advertisement for d fp of nairaland,nay nigeria.This is d www for pete's sake& pple far& wide view nairaland.This shd av bn tucked somewhere in d...anyother place dan d fp.

Well am sorry but your grammar is not that impressive either...
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by great063(m): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
andyanders:

My brother, I wonder how a young lady like this would write as if she no go school. Na waooooooo. If she want to avoid entering them,let her improve her life and get better and she wouldn't find herself in there.
My guy,it's not entirely her fault.Put the blame on the experience,she has not recovered from it.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by phaya(f): 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
Donalð Genes: Talking about one's individual experience in the hands of so-called Nigerian nightmare-travelling buses,I have got enough repertoire of most menacing and crasiest experiences am I the only one who likes boarding Peace mass transit buses?qosh!! Those buses are one heck of a bullshiiiiiiit,In retrospect,en route on my way from ibadan to port harcourt,can you believe that their rickety hell of a bus broke down four times along the way,i was so livid with anger deep within me,"oga driver,Do you know we fit bundle you and beat the living shit out of your life"so quipped some of the frustrated passengers"felt like strangling the driver that I had to reach ph in the death of the night 1.pm...can you imagine?

Did u use all these grammar to intimidate the @op?

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by cooltony09: 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
I will love to share my experience with Nigeria Bus;why is it that some of the owner of these bus don't know how to service their machine. For example if you board a bus going to any state in nigeria, until the passenger filled up and the bus start to move that's when the driver will know that he doesn't have petrol,he has not pump is tyre and βε̲̣ wasting the passengers time. Does Nigeria Bus really worth it? If you put on white cloth and you enter into any one of them before u get to your destination the white would have turned to black especially dry season oh gush can't imagine.

Are yu related to the first lady of this nation directy or indirectly?buh i salute ur courage and confidence.yu made front page in grand style..it was a masterpiece

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by bayahadafada: 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2013

Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by bayahadafada: 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
buchibabe: From d bad stAte of d buses,broken chairs,broken windows(esp wen it rains),abusive drivers n conductors,conductors mouth n armpit odour esp wen he stretches his hand to collect his fare frm a passenger.....infact eh,it is a wa
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by lonelydora: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
It depends on the transport company you entered. Try Cross Country, Calculux, Autostar, 1st class executives,etc., you will tell a different story. It's like you entered Peace Mass Transit and their likes.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by hardbody: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
I last enjoyed the benefit of those misfits more than a decade ago, so presently i cannot even remember what it used to be. Suffice it to say that when i drive, i see those moving coffins and sometimes sypmathise with the cargo of people being conveyed. Even intra state, i do 'the air', so presently, no recent experience. I however relate with what you guys are going through whenever i drive pass the yellow buses. God will do it for all of you.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/livialives

....^lol@this audience member
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by punche(m): 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
DnigerianPrince: It's not as bad as your grade 1 English, I can guarantee that.

Must you pass a comment to insult people? There are better ways of correcting people and if you have nothing to say, why not keep quiet.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by DnigerianPrince: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
punche:

Must you pass a comment to insult people? There are better ways of correcting people and if you have nothing to say, why not keep quiet.

Mind your business
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by vision2050: 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
@op, What is your qualification?
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by UnimkeAk(m): 8:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
That's what you get, when you choose to travel by Odili Chukwu Ekene motors, Abakiliki line, Ekiti line,Afikpo trans & Nyanya and co etc. Wif fares as low as 2000 to sokoto.
Next time, try Calclux, Cross County, ABC etc. Okbye#
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by 360command: 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
Our commercial buses needs decongestion. We do not need 4 on a sit , we need 3 on a sit . I am sick and tired of our yellow commercial buses constructing seat where it is made of wood for sitting and iron as stand . We no dey try abeg. Go to kenya and you will have a marvellous feeling of their commercial buses at the 'danfo level' .
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by crackhaus: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bob Izua buses and Agoufure buses are quite ok for inter-state travel, just don't mess with Bob Izua drivers...rowdy set of nicompoos, the lot of them.
I guess the commercial buses you're referring to are those used for intra-city transport...those ones are really terrible
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by Zakkyoz: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
ffo: i just moved to Abuja from Minna (got a job in Abj). Everyday i have funny & different experiences. i alwaz watch and laugh/smile at he experiences.
let me share 1 with you.

on monday, the driver was trying to driving rough cus of the hold up, thereby he was not dodging the potholes, so some passengers where shouting at the driver, but one guy in the front was persuading the passengers that "its not his fault" that we shld bear wit him. so another guy started insulting the guy (d 1 pleading on behalf of d driver) saying he is encouraging the driver. u need to hear different kind of insult between both guys, they said they will continue with physical fight when they disembark from the bus. i was just smilling and laughing at the drama.
I ASSUME I DON'T SEE THAT YOUR GLARING GRAMMATICAL BLUNDER. I RECOMMEND YOU READ DELE ASHADE'S A-Z JAMB USE OF ENGLISH.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by MissOpe(f): 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
jhydebaba: Is anything functioning properly in Nigeria Even if na ur family house I come to seek ur hand in marriage, the type of customer care I'm going to receive won't fair better cheesy

Hahhahahaha....how do u want them to treat u? Like Jonathan when U're an ordinary Agbero....LMAO.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by andyanders: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
great063: My guy,it's not entirely her fault.Put the blame on the experience,she has not recovered from it.
cy
My brother I hear you jari. No bi small thingoooooooooooo.May the Lord have mercy on us.
Re: Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses by Philolos: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Da Mayor: To all attacking the young ladys English skilz, na inferiority complex dey wory una. When u suceed in geting an english man to pronounce a nigerian name properly, then you can fault a nigerian for murdering english. Or dem tel una say english na her first language? The point is that the mesg is pased and you understand what the op is trying to say. If u dont, look the other way.

I concur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Hustling Life in France, Share Your Experience / Kaduna Marathon Holds Tomorrow. List Of Closed Streets / Dana Air Introduces ‘smart Booking’ On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.