Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses (30618 Views)

5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by omokeji1958: 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
Lagos is a comedy zone half the time and moving from one part of town to the other in a public bus will leave you with interesting experiences which keep you reeling with laughter for most part of the journey.

If you lack a sense of humor, many situations you encounter can cause you to flip a switch but once you realize that public vehicles are boarded by people from various backgrounds, orientations and mindsets, you should feel better.

Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 Hotel Booking Portal rounds up a few crazy things you should try not do in a public bus.

Wooing a woman

Yes, you can meet your life partner anywhere. For this reason, men may want to take advantage of the opportunity of wooing a pretty girl especially when they know that the chances for seeing her again are pretty slim. However, thing can turn awry really quick as not all ladies like the idea of being wooed in a public bus or on the high street of Ikeja. To avoid embarrassments, suppress your urge to woo the lady till she’s ready to get off the bus and then make your move. If it’s a hit or miss, the memories are all yours alone.

Dozing-off on the shoulders of a fellow passengers.

Sleeping in a public bus is not an unusual situation. However, what many Nigerians can not stand is when you turn the shoulders of a fellow passenger to a pillow. It’s a little weird to have a stranger rub-off on you and if you can’t stand it, neither can they. Plus it puts you at mercy of pickpocket’s and you run the risk of being driven past your bus stop.

Not paying for your transport fare

Some people are fond of trying to avoid paying transport fares. Other persons go as far as saying a little prayer hoping the conductor will forget his money. In Lagos, you have got a large dose of faith, this prayer may not work and it often leads to bitter fights between the conductor and passengers….you do not want tied in a fist-cuff with a bus conductor.

Offering the driver ‘driving lessons’

The average driver thinks of himself as king of the road. No matter their flaws, they rarely accept caution or correction from anyone. Therefore, any passenger who attempts to caution the driver may receive a vitriolic reaction from him. In classic comical Eko fashion, he may threaten to abdicate the driving sit for the passenger…in a moving vehicle, you certainly do not want him to take his threat seriously.

Intervene when arrested

Members of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (Lastma) or the police may be overzealous and aggressive but this is as a result of the habitual recklessness of drivers who disobey the State’s driving rules. When arrested, the drivers feel remorseful while pleading with passengers to apologise on their behalf. Passengers do not need to intervene especially when the driver is at fault. To avoid getting caught in a free for all verbal onslaught, whenever the driver gets arrested, quietly disembark from the vehicle and get another one heading your way .

http://blog.ng.jovago.com/5-crazy-things-you-shouldnt-do-in-lagos-buses-680

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by expertman(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
First to comment ! Wow

Now to the topic how will you offer the driver some lessons?

Even if you tell them that you are getting down at ikeja would they stop for you not to talk of teaching him how to drive!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by dave2meek(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
^^^Why did you steal my ftc
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by sukkot: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
ermmm let me think
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Aside all these, make sure you obey the conductor when he tells you to enter with change i.e the exact fare...except if you are ready to collect an insult for your mother (if you disobey, the conductor will first ask you in a husky voice: abi oloshi ni iyaye?). grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by TheHeGoat: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
What of farting?
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by chinex276(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
6th to comment, lyk buhari i am slowly getting there!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by coldsummer: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
lol i hear.
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by surestsam(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by sigiyaya(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Can i at least ask a question my YO**BA friends? grin grin grin
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Slimmos(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by AsherStorm(m): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Okay I hear
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Nihilist: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
grin
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by gurunlocker: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
number 4 is crazy.....

I know u will scroll up to read number 4 after booking space

1 Like

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by pmc01(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Too dry and lacking in substance, I'm sorry to say.
I expected better.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by AfroKnight: 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
angry

Some passengers just play music from their phones without earpiece. Who wants to listen to your crappy playlist? Put on your fùcking earpiece!

The worst is when they try to sing along. Very irritating.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Eating boiled eggs.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by ShakurM(m): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
For the love of God, don't fart beside me angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by kelvine(m): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Don't be careless with your phones

4 Likes

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by djembadjemba: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sit beside fat people.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by dridowu: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Becareful with your properties , just like September 2014 when i lost 2 phones 1) From Ajah to CMS 2) From Ojuelegba to lawanson
Poor Me but ever since then omo na shine your eyes , this is lagos

1 Like

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Kufie(m): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
You shouldn't run outta ideas too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by darlenese(f): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
So what should we do in Lagos buses
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by sushieater: 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
GROPING
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by sandrel(f): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
op i believe all these are for men!

now tell us our own grin
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Oooops: 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
lies
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by adesegun121(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Eko Akete ilu ogbon...

Oyaa di apo ee mu..

Rep lasgidi..
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by djembadjemba: 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
undecided
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by free2ryhme: 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mstchew
Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Bsc(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Lagos the home of the homeless.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
The day i'll be FTC en?

Been online since morning nothing to show for it...

At least on page zero twice.... I need tips o, LadyF and Introvert

In Equity and Fairness...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Falls On A Police Van In Lagos (photos) / Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? / Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.