Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (549272 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
"Aro rugged you, how far?" i said "anchoring" KC with a frown on my face, "dis one wey ur face dey like dis, Prof Nwosu don nak u home and away?" Kc asked. "how u take know? guy him nak me home and away oh, what of u?" i asked, "guy my own na only away him nak me oh" Kc answered. "so we go stay for this town for another one year be dat?" I said. "naso oh, our mate go serve finish, we go still dey sch." Kc added.

Home and away was a slang we used in our department to refer to double failure. First of all, "Home" means if a lecturer is handling two courses(1st and 2nd semester) and you fail the first semester course, that means; "the Lecturer don nak u home". If you fail the second semester course, that means; "the Lecturer don nak u away". But if u fail both courses, that means; "the Lecturer don nak u home and away". In my case, the lecturer "nak" me home and away, Phy411 and Phy412.

"u get where u go dey stay?" i asked Kc. "i no get oh, i go dey come from Port-harcout, i go dey come once in a week" He responded. "me i dey stay with my cousin for Nekede, i go dey come anytime wey dem get lecture oh, u no say that Prof wicked, and him dey serious with attendance" I said. "him suppose consider us wey be spill over students na" Kc said. "u no know that man, set before our set wey get spill over dey come lecture, na God go save us oh" I said as we walked out of the sch compound.

"guy find me even if na 100 bucks make i take enter bus go Nekede na" I said. "take, manage am, na 50 bucks i get" Kc said offering me a worn out 50naira note. "u don try, u be correct man, half loaf of Agege bread is better than chin-chin" i said as i collected the money.

If there was one thing i seriously lacked lately, that thing was Money. Even 50naira was a huge amout of money to me.

I "anchored" Kc and walked slowly to where i would board a bus. What i never knew was that a bad news was waiting to be told at home.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Man wey dey reason!
Hope dis one go make sense like "ibo boy wey like yoruba"

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Aro flow abeg continue
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
kwangi: Man wey dey reason!
Hope dis one go make sense like "ibo boy wey like yoruba"

e go make sense die. Its undilluted comedy. I pledge never to fail your reading pleasure.

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Emyo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
Let see!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by IZUKWU(m): 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Oga flow , i dey salute you. I dey follow you like twitter. More fluid to your flow.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
"guy how far, chaw dey house? because the worm wey dey my belle don chop my intestine finish oh" i said to Brain Box as i got home. "guy chaw no dey house oh, we dey wait make u come sef before we go arrange chaw" Brain Box responded.(chaw was a slang for food) "because na me be una Mama na?" i said. "guy no be so oh, Tochiba no get money and me sef no get money" Brain Box responded.

Just then, Tochiba walked in and said, "our landlord come today oh. Him say make we pack comot for dis house oh, him say him give us from now to next week Tuesday to pack comot oh".

My bad!! i forgot to introduce my friends!! Brain box was a boy from Mbaise. His brain was his most priceless asset. In Nigeria, the most cunny set of human beings are from Mbaise in Imo state. An ibo Musician once sang that, "if u are in a room where an Mbaise man and a snake is, first kill the Mbaise man before u kill the snake, because the Mbaise man is more dangerous than the snake". Dangerous was the perfect word to describe Brain Box, sometimes he even scares me. His cunny nature fetched him the name Brain Box. He can even decieve the wisest of men. If i said he was an award winning dangerous con artist, i wasn't far from the truth. Brain box also had spill over, but not in my sch.

While Tochiba was my cousin, he was trained in Alluminium roofing and window assembling. His real name was Tochi, but he preffered to be called Tochiba.

They were both the roomates i had. I loved them so much. But what i never knew was that we would soon be divided.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
Dia must b problem
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by alfablondy: 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
oga flow. we dey follow u o!just came to lit session, realised you ve started. you cant leave us your fans behind na!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
alfablondy: oga flow. we dey follow u o!just came to lit session, realised you ve started. you cant leave us your fans behind na!

Alfablondy!! I see u ma nigga!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
"how we go do am now?" i said as we sat in the room the following day. "i don call PKC, him say make una come stay with am for him house" Tochiba said. "which one be make una come stay with am for him place? U no go follow us go?" Brain box asked Tochiba. "i dey go village go stay oh, because i hear say some people dey build new house for village, so alluminiun contract go dey for me" Tochiba explained. I saw sense in his decision.

PKC was a nice young pastor in our church. His real name was Kelechi, KC for short. So PKC was a short form for Pastor Kelechi. The guy was an easy going guy. He was the kind of person that could take a bullet for his friends, but he loved food so much. The had a "ruminant" stomach. He could eat a bucket full of Eba and still ask for more.

"but guy u no try oh, u for tell us since say ur house rent don dey expire so we for try hustle out money" I said to Tochiba. "i no wan disturb una na, abi na una follow me pay the last one wey i pay? Una dey pursue una sch tins na, una need money for una sch tins na" he responded.

Four day later, Tochiba had already packed his properties to the village that morning.

As i and Brainbox walked from Umunkoto; where we were staying, to Ozommiri; where Pkc was staying with our bags, i was happy i wasn't going there alone, i was happy i was going with my friend Brain box, not know i would meet alot of very funny friends in Ozommiri.

3 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Emperortj93(m): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bookmark'd
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Warlord3000(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ok..

Una no fit leave me behind abeg..

Oya Flow On cos am onboard smiley
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Josphine4good(f): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
Flow my man, how are u doing
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Kwinhapi(f): 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
flow flow,hope u av mny hilarious updates for us??
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
Am doing good. Am i really ur man? kiss
@josphine4good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Mologi(m): 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
My guy flow i dey enjoy ur para here o o o!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 001solar(m): 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
bros i don come make i deŸ like ever be4. Flow make u de Flow de go. Make dis one hit ground pass be4 ooo
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Josphine4good(f): 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
flow1759: Am doing good. Am i really ur man? kiss
@josphine4good
yes u are, or don't u want to be my man
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by donifez(m): 11:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Walks straight to the hightable.....wont miss this thriller.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by stanjohn57: 12:37am On Mar 07, 2013
Oga flow Ɣ‎​☺U̶̲̥̅̊ never give who go be chairman of occassion for the front seat O°˚˚˚°º‎​! Atleast mek I take my hand enjoy d priviledge for this one wey I follow start 4rm page 1! Abeg d knack me tory d go!!! #IsAlright! - in Zebrudaya voice#
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Baba419(m): 12:50am On Mar 07, 2013
Hmmmm *reasoning the thread*
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by yemi2plus(m): 4:02am On Mar 07, 2013
Hope u go quick dey update unlike d oda thread?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 5:12am On Mar 07, 2013
yemi2plus2: Hope u go quick dey update unlike d oda thread?

i will do my best, but my best might not satisfy u. because it aint easy typing.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by purpinkx(m): 6:52am On Mar 07, 2013
Flow flow ... If to say arsenal dey consistent like you ...
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 6:58am On Mar 07, 2013
We got to Pkc's house on time to meet a full house.

I quickly took a glimpse at the room or rather the hall to notice it was as big as two convention rooms put together. It had two wardrobes and a wallpaper of Jesus was hung on the wall, on the wallpaper was written; "THE LORD IS MY SHEPHARD, I SHALL NOT WANT" boldly.

Though the room was beautiful, the number of guys in the room added to its beauty.

I and Brainbox sat on the floor because there was no space to seat on the bed. "man the food never done?" one of the guys said with a loud voice, "e don dey done" a voice responded from the kitchen. "make e done quick oh, i dey hungry die" i almost said.

It was time for introduction.

"na me dem dey call Baba Jay, i graduate from FUTO, na me be the only guy wey collect award for guiness book of record as the world best mess, my mess fit break concrete" Baba Jay gave a short but precise description of himself. "Baba jay!! Baba jay!! Baba jay!!" the other guys cheered. I and Brainbox laughed at such a funny introduction.

"na me be Tega, the finest boy, fine boy no pimples, i graduate from Nekede Poly, but i never serve" Tega gave a short but sharp introduction of himself. He was indeed fine (dat kin Chris brown type of fine na).

"na me dem dey Call Snoop, i graduate from IMSU, I still dey wait to go serve" Another guy that really looked like Snoop Dogg said. Infact, if he had said Snoop Dogg was his twin brother, i would have believed.

"i am Pkc, the pastor of this house, i graduated from IMSU too, but am currently doing God's work" Pkc said what i already knew. One thing about Pkc was that even if he was in a gathering where people spoke pigin English, he always stuck to speaking English, and he had his way with English words if i must confess. "Pkc, a.k.a every mountain of Eba must be brought down" Baba Jay added. I and Brainbox laughed uncontrollably because we knew what that meant; Baba jay was trying to tell us what we already knew. Pkc just smiled in response.

"i be Brainbox, the wisest man, i even wise pass Herbert Einstien sef, na why people dey call me Brainbox" Brainbox said and i cheered him.

"na me be Flow, i dey Flow like butterfly and sting like bee" I said. "i get spill over for IMSU" I added.

One thing we all had in common was that we were all Spill over students that were nursing our wounds far from our sch premises. But i wondered why God used Pkc to bring us together. Maybe God had a plan for us, so i tot.

Now it was food time, and there was one person that haven't yet introduced himself; the person that was cooking in the Kitchen.

7 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by fabraham(m): 7:09am On Mar 07, 2013
Oga Flow------>pikin wey sabi.u too much
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by ebamma(m): 7:24am On Mar 07, 2013
flow please keep it up, u dey try
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by arizona145(m): 8:00am On Mar 07, 2013
If there was one thing i seriously lacked lately, that thing was Money. Even 50naira was a huge amout of money to me.

Oga flow. I'm just dumbfounded. I Lack words to qualify you. Just the keep the ball rolling my man. Scarcity of money isn't a big deal in school. The St na packaging.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by buskeske: 8:22am On Mar 07, 2013
Haha! Flow just dey flow dey go, me dey follow
U for back.
*singing* I have decided to follow flow, I have
Decided to follow flow, no turning back, no turning
Back.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2013
Flow u don start again. Cum dat tin u talk abt Mbaise, na lie. We be correct pple. Mke u no spoil us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Rapmaestro(m): 9:25am On Mar 07, 2013
I dey craze abi? 4 me 2 hav not bn here earlier, oya flow take Pen and Paper, Oya take keyboard, Oya take system, carry rat mouse.. Wait o, who carry my mat o? Na here i won sleep..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.