Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s (83701 Views)

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With / Nigerian TV Programmes Of The Past / Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 8:52am On Apr 05, 2013

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2013

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 9:00am On Apr 05, 2013

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Bawss1(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2013
The Flaxton Boys!! I remember that one!
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
Bawss1: The Flaxton Boys!! I remember that one!
come to think of it, was that seires Flaxton boys or Flaxton halls
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
drnoel:
come to think of it, was that seires Flaxton boys or Flaxton halls

The name of the series was Flaxton Boys. The name of the house they lived in was Flaxton Hall.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
naptu2:

The name of the series was Flaxton Boys. The name of the house they lived in was Flaxton Hall.
ok, cos the name has always eluded me

Alo we all forgot maggi kitchen on NTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBWQKoGWpJQ

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by kolah: 4:27am On Apr 21, 2013
I thought i'd contribute to this thread. Well done everyone. Here are more that i don't think i saw posted yet;

1)Alias The Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SklU6f5rkoM

2)Vision On(Intro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhVz8BGOoVU

This is still Vision On. But this gallery theme is more popular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcCHRW8G9yY

3)Bertha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9b53hVL2ZI

4)KIDS Incorporated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnsHpPNltBw

5)Robin Hood(Of Sherwood)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jmZ77-bvw
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by kolah: 4:34am On Apr 21, 2013
Anyone remember "Clapperboard Television"? They had a series of kids tv shows in the afternoon for an hour or two straight. This was one of them. Another was about some troublesome girl, but can't remember the name. I think it's "Lady Marmalade". This one however is called 'Chocky'. The intro theme music always scared me, so i never watched it until last week. I know i'm an agbaya as wellsmiley. Turns out it's really good. Some of you may know it.

Chocky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ztIDFU2P8
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
I have a question for u guys. Does anyone remember Kiddie Video? I have been looking for a link when I can see the theme song again since I remember it but couldn´t find it. Anyone that comes across it should please post it here....
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by SpicyMimi(f): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2013
Woooow
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
SpicyMimi: Woooow
lol, looks like u got something to add. Pls feel free to do so...
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Biggyd2: 9:00pm On May 04, 2013
Very beautiful thread. Betty Boop was good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pjSBO6GVSA

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Biggyd2: 9:07pm On May 04, 2013
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by morganken: 12:42am On May 15, 2013
I will like to cast you guys mind back......,Who still remember the cartoon that the balls and cubes all fight each other they both have masters,and i think one of the ball is been refer to as ZERO or TEN-TEN,they all live in a space ship.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 1:23am On May 15, 2013
morganken: I will like to cast you guys mind back......,Who still remember the cartoon that the balls and cubes all fight each other they both have masters,and i think one of the ball is been refer to as ZERO or TEN-TEN,they all live in a space ship.

That's Terrahawks. The video has already been posted.

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
naptu2:

That's Terrahawks. The video has already been posted.
Yes thats it. What about kiddie video does anyone know or has a link where one can find it.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 4:32am On Aug 15, 2013
It took me forever to remember the name of this movie. This was one of those "holiday movies" (movies that NTA showed virtually every holiday in the 1980s). It's a delightful, but long, cartoon movie.

The Little Convict (1979).

After failing to sell any of his paintings at a funfair, an artist begins to tell his granddaughter about the origins of his paintings.

We are then transported on board a British convict ship headed for New South Wales where we meet six convicts; Toby Nelson (a young boy), Polly Nelson (Toby's older sister), "Dipper" Davey (an old pick-pocket), Big George (a Blacksmith), Jack Doolan (a highwayman), and "Silly Billy" (a village idiot). The five men are selected to do hard labor for the military - under the supervision of Sergeant "Bully" Langden and Corporal "Weasel" Wesley - while Polly (secretly in love with Big George) is sent to work as a servant girl at the governor's home.

Toby in the meantime saves a baby koala after Bully and Weasel kill it's mother while hunting, and keeps it as a pet, naming it Yo-Yo. But when Bully's continuing abuse of the convicts ends in old Dipper's death, Jack Doolan, fearing a similar fate, escapes and Big George is thrown in jail for helping him to escape.

Left with only Yo-Yo to keep him company, Toby sets out to find Jack Doolan in order to free Big George. Along the way he meets an Aboriginee boy name Whooranga, who has a strange power over animals. Together with Jack Doolan, our three heroes plan a daring rescue attempt for Big George, only to be faced with making the ultimate sacrifice upon carrying it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7euPLsj7SA

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
naptu2: It took me forever to remember the name of this movie. This was one of those "holiday movies" (movies that NTA showed virtually every holiday in the 1980s). It's a delightful, but long, cartoon movie.

After failing to sell any of his paintings at a funfair, an artist begins to tell his granddaughter about the origins of his paintings.

We are then transported on board a British convict ship headed for New South Wales where we meet six convicts; Toby Nelson (a young boy), Polly Nelson (Toby's older sister), "Dipper" Davey (an old pick-pocket), Big George (a Blacksmith), Jack Doolan (a highwayman), and "Silly Billy" (a village idiot). The five men are selected to do hard labor for the military - under the supervision of Sergeant "Bully" Langden and Corporal "Weasel" Wesley - while Polly (secretly in love with Big George) is sent to work as a servant girl at the governor's home.

Toby in the meantime saves a baby koala after Bully and Weasel kill it's mother while hunting, and keeps it as a pet, naming it Yo-Yo. But when Bully's continuing abuse of the convicts ends in old Dipper's death, Jack Doolan, fearing a similar fate, escapes and Big George is thrown in jail for helping him to escape.

Left with only Yo-Yo to keep him company, Toby sets out to find Jack Doolan in order to free Big George. Along the way he meets an Aboriginee boy name Whooranga, who has a strange power over animals. Together with Jack Doolan, our three heroes plan a daring rescue attempt for Big George, only to be faced with making the ultimate sacrifice upon carrying it out.

hmm, I didn't know NTA aired so much programmes like these along the years
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
The holiday movies I remember were The Scarlet Pimpernel (virtually every New Year's Eve), The Little Convict, Sandoka, Superman 3, Splash, Oliver Twist (the cartoon), The Night of A Thousand Stars, The Kid With The Broken Halo (Gary Coleman), Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, Romancing The Stone and more recently, The Never Ending Story and The Boy Who Could Fly.

There was also a movie about an american high school footballer, named Bobby Turtle who got a magic crystal as a birthday present (at least I think it was a crystal). He rubbed the crystal and it transported him to ancient Egypt.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by cycline404(m): 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
I remember watching Voltron on our Black and white TV using lucozade nylon..... All Yellow...
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
nobody is talking of robin hood... mehn, that was a great series of the 80's
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Tayomi37(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
OP, you really made my day with all these wonderful cartoon but noone talk about Spiderman and his amazing friends. God bless you. Someone in the house should enlighten me on how to download these cartoon. I want to download voltron, superted, sesame street and globetrotters which are my favourite
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by igbo2011(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
We need more cartoons made by Africans.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 4:35am On Nov 22, 2014
naptu2:
It took me forever to remember the name of this movie. This was one of those "holiday movies" (movies that NTA showed virtually every holiday in the 1980s). It's a delightful, but long, cartoon movie.

Bros thanx alot. I watched this as a baby but could never place the name. Now I know it. There are more out there. Pls let's remember them and place here. Has anyone mentioned captain scarlet or thunder birds.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 11:19am On Jan 25, 2015
Does anyone have more to add?
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by tpiar: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Probably not, unless you want to rehash whats already been added.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Ozymog: 2:14am On Mar 20, 2015
Ahhhh OP God bless me! I done look for terahawks and Thundersub, for were I no see until now kaiii God bless me far. By d way is it d complete series?

yehhhh I miss dat Robin hood of Sherhood I bought d DVD sometime back and person way think say em like am pass me carry am waka.
Op U fit send Therahawk, thudersub, robin hood, voltron, g force as an attached folder to my email @ ozymog@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 9:42pm On May 26, 2015
Ozymog:
Ahhhh OP God bless me! I done look for terahawks and Thundersub, for were I no see until now kaiii God bless me far. By d way is it d complete series?

yehhhh I miss dat Robin hood of Sherhood I bought d DVD sometime back and person way think say em like am pass me carry am waka.
Op U fit send Therahawk, thudersub, robin hood, voltron, g force as an attached folder to my email @ ozymog@gmail.com

Bros like say this one sweet u die
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by kolah: 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
kolah:
...Another was about some troublesome girl, but can't remember the name. I think it's "Lady Marmalade".

Found it! This is the program i was referring to in my previous post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PmHr1f2s1Q
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by stillreal(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
naptu2:

shocked You are a legend for this . Amazing , cant get the song out of my head now " work with the man of the iron gang" and wasnt this the same movie with Wankuru wankuru? lol haven't seen this since the 80s

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

K.brule And Khloe Disqualified From The Big Brother House (details) / BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration / Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.