Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier (30976 Views)

Woman Baths Step-son With Hot Water, Victim Machetes Son In Reprisal (pic) / Student Killed Over ‘girlfriend With 6 Boyfriends’ - (pictured) / 21-Year-Old Student Killed At Party He Organized For Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by sammmiey1: 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Barely one week after Damino Damoche, the final year student of the Lagos State University, Ojo, was killed by suspected cultists in front of the institution’s gate, another student was Thursday, murdered by suspected cultists on reprisal attack.

Although the deceased identified as Karim Abiodun, was reportedly not a student of LASU, but he was alleged to be a member of Buccaneer confraternity, whose members were said to be at war with members of the Eiye confraternity.

Report said the cultists stormed Karim’s home located on Afolabi street around PPL in Okokomaiko area at about 4a.m yesterday, from where he was chased to Peoples bus-stop around Ajagbandi and shot dead.

The late Karim, a second year student of Economic Education at the Lagos State College of Education, LACOED, would be the second person to be killed during reprisal attacks by warring cultists since the death of Damoche.

The first person shot dead, was identified simply as Kabiru. He was reportedly killed in the presence of his mother and siblings at their Abeokuta street home, also around PPL, Sunday night.

The Police as gathered, have arrested a member of a vigilante group in the area in connection with yesterday’s killing.

The suspect whose identity could not be immediately ascertained, reportedly admitted to have seen when the late Karim was being chased. He was also said to have identified one of the assailants .

Meantime, students of other institutions living around PPL have vacated their homes for fear of same fate befalling them.

Following the recent development, President of the  Lagos State University Students’ Union, Comrade Ibrahim Agomeji, has advised students to vacate off-campus hostels within PPL, Iba, Casidi, Franklass and Igbo-elerin..

According to him: “This became imperative as the lives and properties of students are no longer secured in these off-campus hostels around the university. It is beyond the powers of the university to provide you with security in your various off-campus hostels. Since the Police and the relevant authorities have failed to do this, I advise you return home to your parents, thereby coming to school from your various homes”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/another-student-killed-as-lasu-cult-war-gets-messier/
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by ifeegee(f): 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is just so disheartening!!!!
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by acidtalk: 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
Nigeria needs a data bank for all its entire 170million citizens. Getting this boys is just a matter of few clicks away assuming we have a database that is functional for our entire citizens and immigrants.

The State and Federal Government should deploy soldiers around that vicinity.

10 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Debbielicious1(f): 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
Wen wil al dz end 4 christ sake..d govt shld plz do smtyn b4 tinz gts out of hands.. sad
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 08, 2013
Why will someone decide to join cult, I don't understand... Do dey pay dem monthly salary? Everybody want to claim bigboy no money for pocket. Na dem dey task pass, #10 for don chester. I know one day dey we all regret what dey have done to their selves , but God love you guys

9 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by oddy4real(m): 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mr Fashola, over to you!

4 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
failed state. no values, no morals, nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by israel007: 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hmmmm.

God's grace and mercies

1 Like

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by HyconBc: 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
As usual !

1 Like

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jobless fellow
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by ynas002(m): 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
when will we emancipate ourselves from mental slavery..?

4 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Valto(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
cult activities at peak..may God protect the innocent ones.. its high time,LASU put up a very strong anti cult group..its getting too much!
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by baby124: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
Can they sack the VC and employ someone who is more active towards the cult menace. This is ridiculous. If they can do it in IFE they can do it in LASU. The VC is responsible for the safety of each student in that school. Expel all cult members. Shikena.

4 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Really sad !
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Opoki(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nemesis... Those highlighted areas has turned to Residential Evil, till they learn that "Cultism has no benefit, we will continue to have the same news
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by mosesohu: 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
When are we going to experienced peace in our university,today wahala,tomorrow gunshot. o suu mi o
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Igbo Elerin ke? that area is very dangerous with lot of criminality by students. Is not high time LASG built hostels for students inside the campus? The school has enough land to build hostels to accomodate students. This will go a long way to curb cult activities. 250k per session no be beans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Summersland(m): 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hoboi,i tire ooo it's easy 2 join gansta but it's very hard 2 quit...May God help ooo undecided
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by ELgordo(m): 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
These Nigg*s would never ever learn. . . They been killing people ever since that damoche guy was gunned down . . . " Let us hold hands . . . And pray"

1 Like

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by momodub: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
wahala dey ooo
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
Never get caught in the game of cultism. This is very heart breaking but who will fashola blame for this killings.
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by olempe(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
OMG!!! na wa ooooooo... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
baby_123: Can they sack the VC and employ someone who is more active towards the cult menace. This is ridiculous. If they can do it in IFE they can do it in LASU. The VC is responsible for the safety of each student in that school. Expel all cult members. Shikena.
A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ u O̶̲̥̅̊п̥̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ of them so˚˚°º that ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ α♏ being appointed as Τ̲̅ђe ЛЄw vc i° will ђƏνЄ 2 expel u first.
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by omoba533: 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
A yoruba adage says and i quote ''who does nt av mother shuld nt be found inside dangerous forest''
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by hbrednic: 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
OKADA RIDERS AT IT AGAIN tongue

3 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Delafruita(m): 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
baby_123: Can they sack the VC and employ someone who is more active towards the cult menace. This is ridiculous. If they can do it in IFE they can do it in LASU. The VC is responsible for the safety of each student in that school. Expel all cult members. Shikena.
you're a baby so i understand your irrationality.do you assume the cults take a roll-call and publish same in the university journal?you said "if they can do it in ife..." as if ife is now the model.it took that disastrous killing of Africa and others for the government to wade in.despite all the accusing fingers,omole wasnt sacked,at least not immediately.perhaps you can lecture us on how it is the responsibility of the VC to provide security for all the students even when they dont live on the campus

3 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by temitemi1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Lasu VC should contact formal VC of university of ilorin on how to curb d problem of cultism n other Anti-society behaviors. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Bryancrox(m): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
yhu can neva make a wronq decision and end up qetinq d riqht answer,y wil yhu belonq 2 a cult qroup dat wil nt earn yhu any money? dats y i admire sm sucessful people dat ve paid dere dues wit@ involvinq demsef in any ocult activities...youths b wise,dey cn kill demsef 4 all i care bt shld nt kill any innocent person
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by GChux1: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
Choices... Nothing but choices.
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by jane441: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
is very bad....what do dey gain in being a cultist....may be govt is paying monthly salary to run dia dirty escapade.....i dey wonder o....men get heart o....shot ur fellow kpuuu kpuu for body....i dey fear o...shaaa guy man rest in peace n not in pieces.....
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by cheezkid(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
Airtel in trouble!! Now you can get more than 500mb on your airtel sim. Yes this is 1000% real and is not a scam.This tweak has been working for some months now_i decided not to give it out so that it won't be blocked. how will you feel whenyou browse without the
Fear of exhausting your mb..currently my airtel sim is loaded with about 31gb and will expire march 2014. the
Secret is the
More u do it ,the
More your mb increases.
You won't want to miss this great chance.
Contact me 08088012261 and you will 4eva be grateful. I will be giving this out to only 20 persons
Re: Student Killed As LASU Reprisal War Gets Bloodier by Soso990240(m): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
*yawns* una dn chop dis aftanoon?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Narrowly Escapes Being Used For Ritual By Neighbour In Imo / Battery Thief Caught And Paraded Publicly In Bayelsa (Photos) / CCTV Captures The Moment A Man Stole A Phone In An Office (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.