Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties (8042 Views)

Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m / Aisha Buhari Takes Over Patience Jonathan’s Office-PUNCH / Nkanu Youths Threaten Showdown With PDP Over Patience Jonathan's Interference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by jt2010: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2013
Following the stunning revelation by wife of the President, Dame Patience Jonathan, penultimate Sunday, that some of her belongings were sold off upon rumours of her death, security operatives are said to be probing the incident and may have narrowed down their investigations to three suspects.

The First Lady had said that some of her close associates sold her belongings while she was on sick bed in a German hospital believing she would not return to the country alive.

A highly reliable source in Abuja disclosed to National Mirror that two choice properties belonging to the wife of the President had been recovered from the buyers.

The properties are believed to be held in trust for the First Lady.

Mrs. Jonathan had on Sunday, February 17, during a thanksgiving service at the Aso Villa Chapel revealed that while she was undergoing surgeries and passed out for seven days, those close to her sold off some of her belongings with the hope she would not come back to life.

Her words: “I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost. A black doctor who is with us in this service was flown in from London when the situation became critical.

It was God himself in His infinite mercy that said I will return to Nigeria. God woke me up after seven days.

“I know that some people somehow leaked the information that I was dead. They are people that I trust and rely on. To them, I was dead and I would never return to the country alive. Some of them even sold off my things.

“I won’t say everything here. It is the Lord’s doing that I returned alive.” Impeccable source close to the seat of power, however, told National Mirror that a prominent businesswoman, an aide of the First Lady and a top government functionary had been quizzed for their alleged involvement in the sale of the properties.

It was also learnt that the international passports of the three suspects had been seized by security operatives.

“Even before the President’s wife made it public that her properties were sold off by her friends, security agencies had been briefed about the development.

“After painstaking investigation by a team of detectives, three people were picked as the masterminds of the sale of the properties. “They have been interrogated and to forestall a situation where they will flee the country, their international passports have been seized.

“I am also aware that security operatives have also recovered the First Lady’s properties sold out by the suspects,” the source told National Mirror.

It was further learnt that the properties, valued at several millions of naira, were located in Abuja and Lagos.

The source said that the businesswoman, who is believed to be very close to Mrs. Jonathan, might have facilitated the sale of one of the properties while the presidential aide and top government functionary perfected the documentation of the illegal transaction.

As at the time of going to the press, it was not clear whether the three suspects have refunded all the proceeds from the sale.

The source added that the suspects might be charged to court after the investigation had been concluded.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/3-suspects-held-over-first-ladys-stolen-properties/
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 08, 2013
The evils that men do suprises the devil at times.

10 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by bakila: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2013
Yes the one stolen from the first lady will be recovered soon. The one stolen from the country will never be recovered.

62 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by sammmiey1: 9:18am On Mar 08, 2013
Naija,I hail thee

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by sayso: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2013
Vanity upon vanity.Why are you arresting them?Did you not steal those properties? They will all go away one by one and the properties will remain.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2013
Thief prosecuting thieves who stole from her loot. Held in trust my arse. Let them name them na. One has to wonder how daft this woman is. Does she not realise she is exposing herself and her husband as thieves?
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Jettage: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2013
How about the loots stolen from Nigeria, Who will Collect the many loots stolen by her from Nigeria In August 206, the EFCC seized the sum of N104 million from one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu, an associate of Patience Jonathan. On August 22, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court, gave EFCC the legal backing to retain the N104 million seized from an associate of Patience Goodluck, the wife of then governor of Bayelsa state, Goodluck Jonathan, who is now the president of Nigeria.

The order was to stay in place “pending the conclusion of the investigation of the activities of the said persons in connection with their involvement in the acts of money laundering and other economic and financial crimes related offences.” The EFCC’s position was that Patience Jonathan stole the money from the public coffers of Bayelsa and was trying to launder it through her friend, Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu.

Like a crack addict willing to do anything for a high, Patience Jonathan was not going to give up her addiction to treasury looting simply because Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC was on her trail. Determined to prove that only mere mortals shivered at the sight of EFCC, she continued with her looting of Bayelsa’s treasury with the full cooperation and assistance of her husband, Goodluck Jonathan, who was the then governor of Bayelsa state. The duo was so successful that on September 11, 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) again seized another $13.5 million dollars (US) from Mrs. Patience Jonathan. Criminal charges were brought against her and Nigerians were awaiting her prosecution to the full extent of the law. Shortly thereafter and in the face of these serious allegations, the insensitive Olusegun Obasanjo and his PDP that had become a den of thieves, nominated Goodluck Jonathan to be the running mate of Yar'Adua.

Fast forward to post 2007 elections. Goodluck Jonathan is now The president of Nigeria, when president Jonathan manages to wake up from his near-permanent slumber he rants about his “zero tolerance” for corruption, despite having an indicted man as his personal secretary and dinning and whining with James Ibori. Farida Waziri would want anyone listening to believe that the presidency does not interfere with EFCC’s decision making process and Yar Adua proclaimed this much immediately after the conviction of Bode George.

After trying to deceive the public by blaming the judiciary alone for the near snail speed prosecution of public officials facing corruption charges and then advocating for psychiatric assessment for public officials who dared to steal more money than she realized from defending criminals and scheming a percentage off the money she is recovering for the banks. Farida 
Waziri is in the news again. This time around, she is advocating for the death penalty for treasury looters. It will be easier to understand Farida’s cries if she had prosecuted and jailed the corrupt public officials under existing laws and was now seeking the death penalty to discourage reoccurrence. But we all know this is not the case.

Notwithstanding the hypocrisy involved in Farida’s “notice-me” advocacies, I am in complete agreement with her that public officials found guilty of corruption should be tied to the stake and publicly executed. My only concern is she is aware of the fact that she would be among the first to be tied to the stake and executed under the full glare of Nigerians should corruption be made a capital offence? Sorry for the diversion and back to the issue of patience Jonathan.

The case against patience Jonathan has gone cold since Jonathan Goodluck became the vice president of Nigeria. The case has gone cold despite relentless denials of political interference by the EFCC and the presidency, although the president has publicly acknowledged directing investigations into certain allegations when such suits his political purpose. It has gone cold despite Yar Adua’s broken-record equivalent repetitiveness of zero tolerance for corruption, a repetitiveness that leaves Nigerians with two options: the president is either “419”ing Nigerians with his proclamations or lacking the intellectual capacity to comprehend what constitutes corruption.

In the past, Farida Waziri has been quick to blame Sahara Reporters and its ardent followers for drowning out her so called anti-corruption message, despite her trepidations and failure to grant a single no holds barred interview to members of the “non-friendly” press since assuming office. This is her chance. Nigerians want to know what happened to the case of EFCC vs. Patience Jonathan. You can lie to a blind person that there is no oil in the food but you cannot lie that there is no salt.

17 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 08, 2013
I'm not a lawyer but I'm just wondering why the properties were held for her under 'trust'. Sounds fishy. A third party shouldn't have full rights over ones properties. IMO. happy for her she recovered her properties shaa.

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by tellwisdom: 9:24am On Mar 08, 2013
Blessing in disguise...Now, she's getting to know her true friends

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by laclass(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2013
Nawa oo nija and desperate moves..... undecided
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 08, 2013
bakila: Yes the one stolen from the first lady will be recovered soon. The one stolen from the country will never be recovered.
Exactly my thoughts.
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by OluEmmaAss: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2013
'Ole gbe. ole gba' a thief gets stolen from!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by billionman: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2013
Hmmmm some people really wished the first lady death and wanted a part of the free national cake.
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Regiblinkz(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2013
because we think she has stolen from the people does it make it right to sell her properties because they believe she's dead?....some nigerians are pathetic..smh
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2013
Nooonnnssseeennnssse
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by tunjiajayi: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2013
Ole gbe, ole gbaaa!
Theif steal am, thief sell am.

Spit!
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by israel007: 9:42am On Mar 08, 2013
Dame Patience LAZARUS Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by dady12: 9:42am On Mar 08, 2013
nigeria security think that they are dealing with fools,what is the name of the property?how much is the cost of the said property?how can an aid sell a firstlady property without having her name as the owner of such property?let the truth be told,patient bought all those iterms with the names of her friends , to be fare,they should charge her along with those arrested.let us wait and see how it goes

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 08, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
'Ole gbe. ole gba' a thief gets stolen from!

Exactly my thought. . .This is one woman that was indicted by Ribadu on corruption charges when as first lady in Bayelsa and also couldn't account for the billions of naira in her account when her husband refused to declare his assets. . . .patience has both directly and indirectly stolen from Nigeria,I guessed her aides are only retrieving their own share of her loots.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by ElCaballa(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2013
Pls what is the source of her great wealth? Did she make so much money as a civil servant or she is floating a company? Pls i sincerey want to know.
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by megareal: 9:49am On Mar 08, 2013
And the story continues........

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Yeeyo: 9:53am On Mar 08, 2013
First lady u supoz 2 4giv dem 4get abt it, simpl.
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Sweetapple007(f): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2013
Who else would kill u if not some one very very close to u.
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by pedrojustice: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2013
Nigeria we hail thee.. The Court should also look at how our first Mummy got the properties in question before sentencing those suspects
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by takedat(m): 10:01am On Mar 08, 2013
How did Dame, an absentee civil servant acquire those choice properties? Guess, through her overweight pilfering skill! She should allow her minions and friends to also enjoy from her spoils, after all na public money! Though we know herself and the husband do not give a damn, but abeg they shouldn't cart away the entire treasury before leaving office! Biko!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2013
They are too stained to fight corruption afterall.

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2013
*singing* Ebami kigbe ole ole ole ole ole!!!!
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2013
God punish you sayso or wateva they cal u? Them tif ur money? Watin concern you concern am? Abi na ur papa property. Infact watin ur papa get wey them 1 tif? Abi wat ur state get wey 1 tif or ur useles tribe! Idiot. Take time oh.. And al dos people wey insult. D firts lady.. Thunder fire una mouth. I no blame una. Una papa no teach una well idiot.
Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by doctokwus: 10:09am On Mar 08, 2013
Regiblinkz: because we think she has stolen from the people does it make it right to sell her properties because they believe she's dead?....some nigerians are pathetic..smh
Do u know how she acquired dese same properties,is it not also possible she acquired dem thru d same illegal means using her position.Meanwhile why is nobody raising highbrows as to d (1)source of wealth of somebody dat was a mere civil servant,now so suddenly rich,she has "choice" properties in places dat matter.My friend,PJ deserves no pity,because she is going to equity wt unclean hands.Those caught were just unlucky,90% of nigerian wealthy got their mony thru one fraudulent deal or d other,selling off d properties of others is just one such means

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by jawjaw1: 10:14am On Mar 08, 2013
Madam firstlady, the only way your property (I presume they are cars and houses) will be sold off by others is if they are not registered in your name.

The most likely reason why you have property not registered in your name and yet in the control of others is because you dont want people to know they belong to you.

Mrs Patience Jonathan, I put it to you that you dont want the public to know you own them because you acquired them shamefully and with funds you cannot account for. In summary with stolen money!

I beg to use the words of NLders and Nigerians, Madam, the God that saved you in Germany is 'still watching you!'

7 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by jaso1(m): 10:15am On Mar 08, 2013
Until your eyes open, then you will know the truth behind your been treated like a slave in your father land.
This country has grown gagaa, thieves now arresting owners! This is what you get when citizens failed to check excessiveness of the government; corruption strives when poverty engulfed the nation. People brain would have been eaten deep. A virus that eats brains is another definition for corruption in Nigeria scenario. They lack ability to reason logically. The government adopted this method so as to perpetually subject citizens into dreaded brain as strategy to continue looting treasury empty.

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties by mu2sa2: 10:16am On Mar 08, 2013
Thief thief from thief. shikena.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politician Dumps Stunning Wife For Posting These Sexy Selfies Online (PHOTOS) / FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. / Emeka Ihedioha Signs N197.6 Billion 2020 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.