Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,785 members, 7,956,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? (799 Views)

A Tithe Envelop With Money Found; What Do I Do With It? / What Is The Difference Between A Tithe, An Offering And A Seed? / How Did Joagbaje (a Tithe-preacher) Win The Religion Section Poster Of The Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by Alfamann: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
The church wants me to give 10 percent of my income to them. What if I made loses in my business? Does the church give me 10 percent of my loses? Do I get a credit on my future profits to cover for past losses?
How does it work?
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by Goshen360(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
grin chei, tithe topic don suffer for this forum this in the past 2-3 weeks. grin Anyways, I'm NOT a tithe teacher so, I can't answer your question. Wait me for the teachers on this forum e.g Image123, Olaadegbu, Joagbaje, Bidam, Snowwy, Alex etc to come answer your question. The are in the best position to answer because they have the anointing to teach tithing better.
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by truthislight: 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
grin grin grin. Abi! It sounds like a business parkage.
very funny though. lol.

Alfamann: The church wants me to give 10 percent of my income to them. What if I made loses in my business? Does the church give me 10 percent of my loses? Do I get a credit on my future profits to cover for past losses?
How does it work?

Btw, tith paying is not a a christian thing, it was a Jewish religious exclusive thing but we are Gentiles.

Goshen360: grin chei, tithe topic don suffer for this forum this in the past 2-3 weeks. grin Anyways, I'm NOT a tithe teacher so, I can't answer your question. Wait me for the teachers on this forum e.g Image123, Olaadegbu, Joagbaje, Bidam, Snowwy, Alex etc to come answer your question. The are in the best position to answer because they have the anointing to teach tithing better.

they should come and face their reproach and answer the op.

I just hope they will not let shame to cause them to hide.
*sigh*
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by georgeehis(m): 8:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
We ar not under obligation to pay it. Christ coming changed it all. 9s question by the way!
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by alexleo(m): 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Alfamann: The church wants me to give 10 percent of my income to them. What if I made loses in my business? Does the church give me 10 percent of my loses? Do I get a credit on my future profits to cover for past losses?
How does it work?

You sound so stu.pid.

truthislight: grin grin grin. Abi! It sounds like a business parkage.
very funny though. lol.

Btw, tith paying is not a a christian thing, it was a Jewish religious exclusive thing but we are Gentiles.

they should come and face their reproach and answer the op.

I just hope they will not let shame to do them to hide.
*sigh*

You sound same way. And you think your position can stop me from giving my tithe? Go try another person.
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by Joagbaje(m): 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
How does it work?

How did the church ask you ? They came to your house to ask for your tithe abi?
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by manmustwac(m): 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
How does it work?
I never hear this kind question about tithes before you have some good points but then think about it churches only interested in what they can get get they never give or shall I say they give you blessings they give you prayers motivational sermons which all just = words. And in return they expect 10% of your physical hard cash
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by Alfamann: 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
alexleo:

You sound so stu.pid.

You sound same way. And you think your position can stop me from giving my tithe? Go try another person.

Joagbaje:

I would have prefered that you guys answer the question instead of attacking and dodging.

Jo, I heard a preaching on the telly about tithing and why we must all give 10%. I have been wondering about those that don't have to give and those that lost money and wanted a good answer from here.

You can tell me if there is no discount or refund. I'll understand.
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by saintvc(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
trade by barter, - the church bless you , u pay tithe. you are paying for blessing, whether u like it or not, weather u make profit or not
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by PastorKun(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2013
How does it work?

No true christian can answer this question as there is no biblical injunction for christians to tithe in the first instance. Even then the biblical injunction to the Israelites to tithe was of farm produce and NOT money so even going by Jewish law, your question is still not answerable.

1 Like

Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by Alfamann: 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

No true christian can answer this question as there is no biblical injunction for christians to tithe in the first instance. Even then the biblical injunction to the Israelites to tithe was of farm produce and NOT money so even going by Jewish law, your question is still not answerable.

Haba. How can you say that joe and ola are not true christians?

So you mean that there was no provision in the jewish law for those whose farms did not produce any crops? What of those that didn't own farms like the labourers, soldiers or tax collectors? No tithing for them?
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by PastorKun(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
Alfamann:

Haba. How can you say that joe and ola are not true christians?

So you mean that there was no provision in the jewish law for those whose farms did not produce any crops? What of those that didn't own farms like the labourers, soldiers or tax collectors? No tithing for them?

Joe and ola are both hypocrites masquerading as christians who specialize in mixing error with truth. And yes people in other professions apart from farming amongst the jews were not required to tithe of their income as biblical tithe had absolutely nothing to do with money.

1 Like

Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by Alfamann: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Joe and ola are both hypocrites masquerading as christians who specialize in mixing error with truth. And yes people in other professions apart from farming amongst the jews were not required to tithe of their income as biblical tithe had absolutely nothing to do with money.

Hmmm. Interesting.
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by frank317: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
Na waooo

But waitoo, I thot it had been said here quite often that wen one reads the bible with a pure and honest quest for truth, the holy spirit will make him understand the word of God so as o make good use of it...

Are there different holy spirits or is it one but interpretes different things to different pple?

It is good to pay tight, no it is not
It is good for woman to wear trouser, no it is not
There is hell fire where pple will burn and gnash their teeth for ever, no there is none
Women should wear earings and perm their hair, no they shuldnt
It is good to worship on sunday, no its saturday
God knew man will fall before creation, no he didn't know

And it goes on and on... Is the holy spirit a confusion spirit? What are we reallu doing?
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by Goshen360(m): 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
^^^
The reason is men have refused to interpret scriptures with scriptures which amounts to God's way of 'literal' bible interpretation. I hope to do an intensive course\thread on bible interpretation if I have the time to. God's word doesn't contradict; it compliments. Genesis must agree with Matthew and Luke must agree with Revelation.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by truthislight: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

He was promise 100% guaranteed/assurance that he will be rich, that the gates of heaven will be opened for him for paying tith, so, any disappoitment is a fraud and refund should be made. QED.

So, please, answer his questions.
Re: Do I Get A Tithe Credit Or Refund If I Make Loses? by truthislight: 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The command was for Jews and not christians.
The Jews were exceedingly bless by yahweh for paying tith.

It is not a christian thing, so, those that say they are christians and still collect tith should better answer, otherwise they are fraud.

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Prayer And Fasting / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Saturday 18th May, 2013 He Does The Impossible By Pas / Port Harcourt Based Bishop Rapes 15 Years Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.