Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy (13965 Views)

Airtel Internet/apn Settings / Airtel Internet Data Bundle Double-Double Promo: 200mb (+ Free 200mb) / New Airtel Internet Bundle Plans, Prices And Activation Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by nsidible(f): 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
guys i nid ur help.is it dat airtel iz not fast atleast wit 3g? I want to port my mtn to airtel march 26 by God grace.for d sole reason of #1200 4 1gb..hope i won't b making a mistake..thank u.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
puskin: @luluosas......you have carried your Glo tales into this thread.

What is it with you and Glo sef?
Really? You must be an enemy of truth.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hotdiamond: Ah wonder o. No be by force to use airtel. If the always micro data plan is ok for him then let him use it. He thinks airtel network is not up to glo's Standard then use glo. And keep quiet for once. Haba!
There's no better admission than you posted that, your Airtel is actually crappy according to the creator of this thread.
It might interest you to know that, I have subscribed to another Glo Always Micro plan, due to your Airtel crappy network in Benin City.
Now, it rains this night in Benin and your Airtel fails to show up but, Glo is blazing with high speed in the midst of the rain. So, go and think well.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ciphoenix: 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
smh
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by shosky1794: 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
They are not just crappy or slow, they are now close to being dead when it comes to data connection. Imagine them taking off about 123MB data that i had left on my phone and i didn't use my phone to browse at all. Last their data connection went off on my phone and it's not since then. So, i wonder how i will use 123MB between last night and this morning when there's even no data connection on my phone. These are cheats(Indians are known to be cheats anyway).
Right now dropping their SIM and i will try MTN for now. F...cking Airtel.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by zinoemielu: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello! The Airtel FB and Twitter handles offer you direct access to the customer care representatives. With this, your network issues can be easily and quickly resolved. Thanks.

aze: you mean we should spend the whole day over your cra.ppy network trying to connect and reach you with almost a next-to-non existent data network?

Your empolyer must be embarrassed and ashamed of your.post here. They lack quality service hence the Twitter and Facebook addy.u posted Why? because customer care doesn't exist.

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Osumare2013: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2013
I think d reason for airtel's sluggishness is two. One, there's a cheat currently runnin on d network. Pple are gettin up to 200gb free fr airtel; imagine dat! Furthermore, since airtel MB can work on any device....d PC users are conjesting d network. Secondly, since Glo just blocked ppl frm usin their BIS plan on other devices, there's been a mass migration to airtel since they're d only one supportin BIS runnin on any device.

In summary, airtel's current network issue is due to congestion!!!

I'm quite sure the operatives are workin at top speed to resolve d iissue. Probably by bannin d use of d BIS on any other device apart frm BB.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
Osumare2013: I think d reason for airtel's sluggishness is two. One, there's a cheat currently runnin on d network. Pple are gettin up to 200gb free fr airtel; imagine dat! Furthermore, since airtel MB can work on any device....d PC users are conjesting d network. Secondly, since Glo just blocked ppl frm usin their BIS plan on other devices, there's been a mass migration to airtel since they're d only one supportin BIS runnin on any device.

In summary, airtel's current network issue is due to congestion!!!

I'm quite sure the operatives are workin at top speed to resolve d iissue. Probably by bannin d use of d BIS on any other device apart frm BB.
It might interest you to note that I am posting with MTN BIS BBCWEEK plan on my phone right now, and using it on my laptop through Hotspot. Thank you.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Hotdiamond(m): 12:59am On Mar 14, 2013
luluosas:
It might interest you to note that I am posting with MTN BIS BBCWEEK plan on my phone right now, and using it on my laptop through Hotspot. Thank you.
seriously . Who Who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ibietela2(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2013
nsidible: guys i nid ur help.is it dat airtel iz not fast atleast wit 3g? I want to port my mtn to airtel march 26 by God grace.for d sole reason of #1200 4 1gb..hope i won't b making a mistake..thank u.

its not
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by dapo338(m): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
Airtel Internet Was Slow And Crappy but DEAD Now. R I P Airtel Internet
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by walcolm(m): 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
Did any body get a call from Airtel that they need to register their number again because Airtel lost the information in their database?
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Bawss1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
walcolm: Did any body get a call from Airtel that they need to register their number again because Airtel lost the information in their database?

I'd say watch it, that looks like the hatching of a scam right there. Don't fall for it.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by busar(m): 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
It's not even connecting anymore.dis airtel don fuckup big tym
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 15, 2013
it's terrible.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by OmolodMilkman93(m): 7:52am On Mar 15, 2013
na una area dey bleeped up, yestanite i was browsing at 2MB/sec on a lappy and dis is a screenshot of my fone recently

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by busar(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: na una area dey bleeped up, yestanite i was browsing at 2MB/sec on a lappy and dis is a screenshot of my fone recently
perhaps
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Joe50(m): 10:43am On Mar 15, 2013
sometimes the network is very annoying!!! very very slow
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Anayordike(m): 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
It's very very slow here in Ilesha. Only one signal on my Tecno N3. I have been attempting to open 3 web site pages; only Nairaland is opening. Others simply ignore me. Honestly I have never known Airtel as a fast internet provider. The first time I bought the Modem some years ago, I had to resell it when it became unbearable. Very slow and annoying. Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by LeJeun3: 3:06am On Mar 16, 2013
walcolm: Did any body get a call from Airtel that they need to register their number again because Airtel lost the information in their database?
Its a genuine call, I beleive they suggested they come and do it for you? If not walk in to any of our shops and register your SIM as U risk disconnection.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Kamaye(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: na una area dey bleeped up, yestanite i was browsing at 2MB/sec on a lappy and dis is a screenshot of my fone recently
Dude What i saw on your screen shot is 196kb/s and you're lucky to get that speed on airtel network mine is 20kb/s.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
Kamaye: Dude What i saw on your screen shot is 196kb/s and you're lucky to get that speed on airtel network mine is 20kb/s.
d screenshot was on my fone bt d 2mb/s was on a laptop

1 Like

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by walcolm(m): 7:03am On Mar 18, 2013
LeJeun3: Its a genuine call, I beleive they suggested they come and do it for you? If not walk in to any of our shops and register your SIM as U risk disconnection.

i figured its genuine as the caller didnt ask me for any info. anyways, with the crappy connection you people have been dishing out, you can disconnect my line for all i care
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ibietela2(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
i browse for 5mins and network wahala for 20mins
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Besto(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hotdiamond: seriously . Who Who cares?
the fucka na noise marka!!
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by LeJeun3: 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
walcolm:

i figured its genuine as the caller didnt ask me for any info. anyways, with the crappy connection you people have been dishing out, you can disconnect my line for all i care

The network issues are regrettable, however if you are going to consider number portability registeration is of utmost importance! Salam.....
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Tinyemeka(m): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
luluosas:

Hi ya. Bro how do I do same on my Galaxy? I changed my APN the same way we did with Glo then, but after doing so, I could only update Facebook status and nothing else. None of my browsers could work. Not even Google play. Would appreciate your quick reply pls. I've been offline for a long time now.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Posharry: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
airtel nigeria internet suuuuucks!

1 Like

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Kajool: 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
Rarely it happen for me, i will do the following for increasing the speed.
few tips to speed up.
1. Upgrade your Internet Plan
2. Control Bandwidth Usage
3. Free-Up Temporary Directories
4. Optimize your Internet Settings
5. Update Microsoft Silverlight.
I can advise you to download this software,
Download CCleaner 4.15.4725 - FileHippo.com
Good Registry Cleaner which can extremely will improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ once it will sounds better ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Activate Airtel 1GB For N100 / 20 Best 3GB RAM Phones And Their Price In Nigeria / Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.