Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ (21125 Views)

Africa's high coiffure: Shocking And Beautiful Hairstyles / Creative/funny Hairstyles(pictures) / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2008
~Aaaw i dont blame you for not wanting to try hair colour anymore Funkybaby,bet it must have felt horrible trying to get rid of the colour,the things we put our heads through aye!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 12:21pm On May 08, 2008
So am thinking of straightening my hair out before i chop it off. . .want to maximize the enjoyment of the hair before its all gone tongue It will be hella long but hmmmm it'l be easier to comb. . .i'll prolly dye it too tongue grin
I used to think about the Halle Berry cut before however i never was confident in the hairdresser so i didn't try it.  Although my sis did that cut, she dyed it a white blond with red highlights. . .hers though was for a loreal campaign thing so it turned out great.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by HRhotness(f): 12:27pm On May 08, 2008
iice:

So am thinking of straightening my hair out before i chop it off. . .want to maximize the enjoyment of the hair before its all gone tongue It will be hella long but hmmmm it'l be easier to comb. . .i'll prolly dye it too tongue grin
I used to think about the Halle Berry cut before however i never was confident in the hairdresser so i didn't try it. Although my sis did that cut, she dyed it a white blond with red highlights. . .hers though was for a loreal campaign thing so it turned out great.

I cut my hair cut really low, dyed it copper and had it textured,,, my hair grows too darn fast so it was a pain to maintain

a girl with Little or no hair makes a bold statement,,, plus u might enjoy it so much u wldnt want tohav o hav hair long,
the freedom is amazing and ur face is fully emphasised (esp if u're well made up), u'll notice pple do double takes
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 12:35pm On May 08, 2008
Yeah. . .how did the copper turn out? Am thinking of that hair color too.
My mum's hair is about an inch only hehehehe but she doesn't dye her hair
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by HRhotness(f): 12:38pm On May 08, 2008
mine was less than an inch,,, u cldnt even get a proper hold of the strands

copper turned out great, i'm light skinned so it blended well with my skin tone,,,  HOT!
too bad I have more hair than I knw what to do with, that hair style is def a keeper  sad
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 12:44pm On May 08, 2008
Ok copper it is then!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:58pm On May 08, 2008
~Hey iice you still gonna do the hawk? or You chicken out grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 11:51am On May 10, 2008
Yeah MC still gon' do it after i erhhh enjoy the long hair tongue grin grin My sis is like are you crazy? tongue Told her, heck i need a funky new do. . . grin grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by morado(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2008
my people, make una dey vex, I need an immediate answer asap.

i need to change my hair, it is a normal black hair, but i want it more silky and soft, u know kinda wet, no mind me o, plenty things dey hungry me

So what kinda hair products can I use to achieve this and maintain it, I have no clue. when suggesting mention products tht would be available in UK or switzerland, thanks a lot. I'll appreciate ur answers!

my hair looks something like this picture

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by morado(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2008
i want somethin a lil' like this

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:09pm On May 10, 2008
~Hmm can't help asap,soz tongue I'll have to do a research on the products that will give you the look you want!! let you knw if i find anything informative grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mukina2: 8:16pm On May 10, 2008
@ Morado
you want to do Gallas's hair style? grin

MC
how u do kiss
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Cadet(f): 11:10pm On May 10, 2008
Loved:
Short hair. . .loved it!! cheesy
Twists
Bobmally grin
and braids

Hated
ponytail with weave at the end
Drags

afro (this was in elementary school. hated it! angry)
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by morado(m): 11:19pm On May 10, 2008
@ Mohawkchic,
thanks anyway, I'd appreciate ur help!

@ Mukina
I'm not really going for the Gallas mohawk style, i'd just like his hair texture , and yes I'm a gooner! just in case u were wondering
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mystikal(m): 7:26pm On May 17, 2008
@ Morado

sorry I cant help!

People make una help this Guy now!!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:37am On Jun 26, 2008
~ @ Morado . . . Soz i forgot to enquire about your curly hair thingy embarassed Since you havent been back to find out anyways i suppose i dont feel that bad for not trying tongue!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by WesleyanA(f): 6:25am On Jun 26, 2008
morado:

my people, make una dey vex, I need an immediate answer asap.

i need to change my hair, it is a normal black hair, but i want it more silky and soft, u know kind of wet, no mind me o, plenty things dey hungry me

So what kind of hair products can I use to achieve this and maintain it, I have no clue. when suggesting mention products that would be available in UK or switzerland, thanks a lot. I'll appreciate your answers!

my hair looks something like this picture

get a texturizer? it's a relaxer but it doesn't relax your hair bone straight. sort of a semi relaxer i guess.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by WesleyanA(f): 6:59am On Jun 26, 2008
braids
close crop (nigerian schools)
relaxer
more braids
more braids. haha
natural
more braids
afro/natural hair pretty much.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by sexxxxy(f): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2008
i had a hair fashion disaster once,                                                                                                                                                                  i went to the saloon to have my hair cut and coloured,hmmmm,told the hair stylist i wanted it wine coloured and short,(old halle berry),the guy said i've got the perfect style and colour for u just trust me,of course i'll trust u ,he had the reputation of been the best in the place so i was happy,made myself comfy,with a mag and he proceeded to cut my hair,i noticed he was getting really short but i was like oh well the guy's a hairstylist,he knows  best(i wasnt facing the mirror,i just trusted him)

once he finished cutting and dyeing it,he told me to get up and go wash it(i'm still laughing thinking bout it)on the way to the washer,i passed some girls,they were smiling,grinning but i felt cool like they were admiring the colour,(the way i was even walking to the washing section sef,u all need to see),he washed my hair,towel dried it and i went back ,passed the same girls and they were totally grinning now.i sat down and turned to the mirror.  shocked ,!shock!my hair colour was bright yellow,imagine short bright sunny yellow,not blonde colour(halle berry ko,it was more like mark morrison),i just sat down quitely,too stunned to talk,realised the girls were making fun of me,asked the guy y the colour,he said when he finishes,it wont be so loud (it was louder when he finished),anyway sha the guy ended up doin those finger curls  for me,it was ugly,it didnt suit me at all,i left there with a scarf

i thought ok maybe it wasnt so bad ,so when i got home i asked what they thought about it,my brother said i looked like female wesley snipes in demolition man.washed it of immediately.

Now i wear straight Black[color=#990000][/color] weave,never experiment again
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2008
sexxxxy:

i had a hair fashion disaster once,                                                                                                                                                                  i went to the saloon to have my hair cut and coloured,hmmmm,told the hair stylist i wanted it wine coloured and short,(old halle berry),the guy said i've got the perfect style and colour for u just trust me,of course i'll trust u ,he had the reputation of been the best in the place so i was happy,made myself comfy,with a mag and he proceeded to cut my hair,i noticed he was getting really short but i was like oh well the guy's a hairstylist,he knows  best(i wasnt facing the mirror,i just trusted him)

once he finished cutting and dyeing it,he told me to get up and go wash it(i'm still laughing thinking bout it)on the way to the washer,
i passed some girls,they were smiling,grinning but i felt cool like they were admiring the colour,(the way i was even walking to the washing section sef,u all need to see),he washed my hair,towel dried it and i went back ,passed the same girls and they were totally grinning now.i sat down and turned to the mirror.  shocked ,!shock!my hair colour was bright yellow,imagine short bright sunny yellow,not blonde colour(halle berry ko,it was more like mark morrison),i just sat down quitely,too stunned to talk,realised the girls were making fun of me,asked the guy y the colour,he said when he finishes,it wont be so loud (it was louder when he finished),anyway sha the guy ended up doin those finger curls  for me,it was ugly,it didnt suit me at all,i left there with a scarf

i thought ok maybe it wasnt so bad ,so when i got home i asked what they thought about it,my brother said i looked like female wesley snipes in demolition man.[/b]washed it of immediately.

Now i wear straight [b]Black
[color=#990000][/color] weave,never experiment again

~Lol sexxxxy. . . .Aaaw i feel for you ooh grin

~Dont matter how highly recommended some Hair stylists are,the minute you're sat down away from the mirror, clueless to what's going on over your head,it could either go your way or their way!! Very Tricky!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 3:03am On Jun 27, 2008
sexxxxy:

i thought ok maybe it wasnt so bad ,so when i got home i asked what they thought about it,my brother said i looked like female wesley snipes in demolition man.washed it of immediately.

Now i wear straight Black[/color] weave,never experiment again

[color=#9900ff]Rofl grin grin grin Hah, i probably would have chopped part of his hair off before leaving that salon. I never trust people to do these things. Most often they never get it right.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 27, 2008

Lol. grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by queenniger: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2008
I wore my hair in a pixie cut a la Halle Berry for the longest time, maybe 6 years straight to the point that people could not imagine me look any other way. While it looked gorgeous on me it took me an hour every morning to get my hair ready. Most people think that short hair is so convenient but let me just tell you that hair was a second job. If I was lazy one morning I would have to head out with spikey hair and that didn't look great at all or I gel it down and that was hot and uncomfortable not to mention very bad for my hair. Now I am into weaves. I have been wearing them for 8 years and have advanced from regular beauty supply store hair ( Sensationnel) to Virgin Indian Remy hair ( I use www.bellenoirhair.com ). I love this hair. I have never worn anything more convenient and versatile in my life. Its just wash and wear. When you let it air dry it doesn't look a mess instead it forms beautiful curls and when they dry my boyfriend cannot keep his hands off me! LOL I can curl it, straighten it, its not messy, no hair all over my clothing and people think it is my real hair (those that didn't know me in the past) My own hair has grown so much now so I am thinking I might just take a break from the weaves for a few months and enjoy my own hair. I don't know, I dread the constant styling every morning. I have gotten used to brush and go.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:34am On Jun 29, 2008
~Noted the link for the weave Just In case i get tired of seeing myself bald cheesy maybe If i allow my hair to grow long enough,i'll bond weave,it's been a LoOong While . . . thanks for sharing wink
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by queenniger: 1:40am On Jun 29, 2008
Pleasure. Please Mohawk don't bond, you are better off with a sew in. Find a good stylist in your area that cares about your own hair and give you tips on how to take care of it. Your hair will grow and repair itself under the weave. Lots of moisture, massage and also take your vitamins everyday. You will be fine.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:07am On Jun 29, 2008
~I hear your concerns queenniger kiss. . .but I'll prolly have to grown my hair long enough to sew in any weave,which is the reason am thinking i'll opt for Bonding . . .got a wedding coming up in August,am thinking i want to rock a new look but am undecided dont think i have a lot of options considering there's no hair on me head now!!

~I not keen on wigs either,my hair grows fast anyhow. . i'll havent shaved it off for a week now,still considering what i want to get done!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mi3(f): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2008
never done anything remotely interesting to my hair, its just there, long and blah, never had a weave, planing on doing that really soon tho, Rihanna is givin my ideas!

loove the fauxhawk cannot wait to try that, only problem is that i feel its for people that got a lotta hair, my hair lacks in "fullness" what it makes up for in length,

relax it, but right now im going thru a "add condidtioner and go" kinda phase so its all curly and "brazillian" from comments ive been getting, it isnt half bad! but its usually blowdry for me, did braids wiv ghana weavin at the front, the baldness is stil going away wink,

infaaact i pwomish to have more fun wiv the hair so i can gist you guys!!

oh and wudup to iice and MC, missed you guys!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2008
m.i wink MIA huh? tongue
Haven't had much time, so haven't been to the salon. Wanting to straighten out my hair then after a few month's i'd cut it short. Am trying to get my hair to a certain length tongue Sadako! grin grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2008
~Hey m.i cheesy WB!! where have you been hiding? Good to see you on here again thu,miss reading your posts wink

~Waiting on the gist of whatever you experiment on your head this summer grin Tc m.i kiss
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mi3(f): 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2008
@ iice and MC, i feel wuved!! lol, hugs all around!!

and what i really really really want to do is gt a weave (for the first time ever!) and do one of the hair 'do's Rihanna has been rockin! the Umbrella one, the onei n the shut up and drive vid, or the one in the take a bow vid, they all HAWT!! but i cant cut my hair in that style, cuz it will just poof up and look wrooong! lol,

the only snag is that i cant seem to get a satisfactory pic of it!! the closest i came to wha i liked oas Viki Bechams asymetrical cut (have ya'll seen it!??!), oh well, so if you came across, please put up pics!! b4 i come outta the salon lookin like "wharrahell happened to her?!" lol
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:37am On Jun 30, 2008
~Posted some pics on this Topic about Ri's new Look,see if it helps wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-59018.0.html
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mi3(f): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2008
MC, youre a saviour!!! the first pic is spot on!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Women Flaunt Their Stretch Marks Via Sleeveless Tops? / Excessive Dependence On Makeup / Chioma Okoye Emerges Winner Of Miss Orumba Nigeria 2018, Gets Endorsement Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.