Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ (21124 Views)

Africa's high coiffure: Shocking And Beautiful Hairstyles / Creative/funny Hairstyles(pictures) / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
m.i i like her new cut - the take a bow vid.
I also liked posh's hair, my sis has got that. But to tell the truth, the time used to fix the hair even as its short na wahala and me and that kind wahala no dey blend.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:11am On Jul 01, 2008
m.i:

MC, youre a saviour!!! the first pic is spot on!!

~Glad to be of help!! You shud defo get it done N Rock it this summer!! wink
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2008
~iice . . .I suppose you aint getting the fauxhawk anymore tongue
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2008
I will oooo just not yet. I want to get my hair to a certain length. wink
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2008
~I wont hold my breath Then tongue
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2008
Don't rush it, one day u'll just see it tongue
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
~Okies . . . cool waiting On "One Day"! wink
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by asabie(f): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2008
me i like braids a whole lot
but for dis season, am gonna go 4
weaveon
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Nella(f): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2008
Oh! I luv those Alicia Keys hair styles! All those her Zig-Zags, they r my friends when it comes to hairstyles!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:35am On Jul 10, 2008
~Alicia Keys rocked those braids,her braids were all Such a work of Art !! Never tried it thu!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2008
MC, havent done the fauxhawk yet tongue grin
But am loving my hair right now cheesy cheesy
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2008
~lol iice,i see you chickened out of it huh? tongue

~Got me a proper pocahontas looking fusion bonded human hair extensions on,a far cry from my usual look,i wasnt prepared for my initial reaction when i looked in the mirror . . i was like "WOW" i seem to have forgotten how gorgeous i do look w/ hair . . i have to say thu the care that goes into looking after long hair/extensions is a little bit daunting for me . . soOo Not use to doing that anymore but its all gravy grin Neverthe less I Lurv It . .  Lurv It . . Lurv It!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 4:14am On Sep 10, 2008
Nope, didn't exactly chicken out tongue
I had always wanted to straighten out my hair, and now i finally have.
I want to enjoy it first before chopping it off.

Oh wow, your hair sounds cool. Sounds like work tongue
But am seeing that my hair also needs some work, i have to hot oil it, this that, that this angry
Am just happy though that i don't spend 20 mins combing the thing tongue

So how long does the fusion bonded thing last?
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2008
~Oh Wow,your straighten hair sounds cool too . . . having long hair can be really hard work!!

~The Fusion is suppose to last for 6 months but i intend to keep it for 3 . . thu i doubt i will make it to 3 months grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2008
Oh cool, that's long. Atleast its not something like a week - yikes grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:08am On Sep 11, 2008
~Lol,when i do get paranoid about my head itching every sec,hair extensions dont even last a week on my head,but am so much in love with this one & as i can wash it w/out the extension coming out,my mind's in the right place for struting my stuff in this new hairdo for a lil while longer . . already done a month & a half . . its all gravy grin
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2008
Oh wow. How is the fusion thing done?
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
~ Basically, Individual strands of the Human hair extensions are attached with hot bonding resin to create a seal about the size of a grain of rice onto my hair . . it gives a natural look me thinks & the big plus is i can style without restrictions grin which is just awesome!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by iice(f): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2008
shocked size of rice? sounds like long hours tongue
But wow, i can feel the enjoyment you are getting out of the hair smiley
nice! cheesy
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2008
~Lol . . . took almost 3 hrs . .& YES i am enjoying every moment of it!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by crush: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2009
tried afro it was a disaster,
braids are my best
dreads are cool 2
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by chijewel(f): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2009
@ mohawkchic
pls how did u do the diana king hairstyle. i want to cut my hair and thats wat i want it to look like
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by Epi: 6:13am On Mar 15, 2009
I love African box braids. however, i am unable to smile (2 days) after braiding
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:44am On Mar 16, 2009
~My natural hair when cut short is curly but to get the desired effect & get it extra curly,i apply S-curl texturizer/Curly Perm/Kiddy Perm Relaxers . . .

~Since am not aware of your hair type/texture i cant advice you on what product will give you the best results however maybe a stylist will advice/recommend a product that will suit your hair type . .

~Idealy, A Curly Perm,Kiddie Perm/Texturizer should get your hair curly . . .i'll also advice

*You dont cut your hair too low,otherwise it will end up looking more spikey than curly if the length isnt right enough to get it curly wink

* Dont leave the texturizer on for too long . . . it will likely straigten your hair instead of making it curly

~Dunno if this will work for you but To get tight curls,after applying the texturizer,i use a fine tooth tail comb & tease my hair in circles . . . Hope this helps?!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:53am On Mar 16, 2009
epi:

I love African box braids. however, i am unable to smile (2 days) after braiding

~No Kidding!  shocked Jeez . . .No Pain No gain Huh? tongue

~Had to google African box braid   i thought its a type of braid am not aware of only to see pics  of it and am like . . . Oh  grin ~That search has left me informed about a lot of names of different types of braiding i've never even heard of but defo would have seen and left wondering "whats this one called". .  wink

~Off to post pics on Hair Gallery Thread . .Y'll Check it out

~The Picture Hair Gallery For Short ,Natural,Weave Or Braids~

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202569.32.html#msg3601600
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by SeanT21(f): 5:16am On Mar 31, 2009
I have not hated any of my hairstyles.I make sure any style I put on my hair suits my face.I take my hairstyles very SERIOUSLY!!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Lol @ "Take hairstyles Very Seriously" cheesy I hear You SeanT21 . . .you didnt say which ones you've tried & loved tho . . ?

~Has Anyone tried doing a virtual hairstyle before doing the hairstyle ? or just for fun ? Its suppose to show you how you'll look with various hairstyles/haircolour. . .you upload your pic,try out different hairstyles . . .I havent fully experimented w/ it just yet grin as in actually try out a hairstyle that suited me virtually . . undecided The virtual hairstyles available are more for people who like weaves!

Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2009
~I like! Right up my street wink. . . Low maintenance,wouldnt require much effort other than straightner . . .
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by SeanT21(f): 5:42am On Apr 09, 2009
You guys are killing me with these short hairstyles.I can not wait to chop my hair off.I wont go as low as Mohawkchic though.That is 2 short for me. wink

@MHC

Hairstyles I tried and loved was the Rhianna cut.The one she had in her video for Umbrella.I rocked it.I forgot the name.
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2009
~ grin @ 'Too Short for you' wink Do You know what you want to do yet? @ 'cant wait to chop your hair'

~ Aaah The Inverted Bangs . . kwel hairstyle!
Re: ~What Hairstyles Ave You Tried & Loved Or Regret Ever Trying?~ by SeanT21(f): 12:08am On Apr 10, 2009
Yes,I already know!!

Exactly how I want it. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Women Flaunt Their Stretch Marks Via Sleeveless Tops? / Excessive Dependence On Makeup / Chioma Okoye Emerges Winner Of Miss Orumba Nigeria 2018, Gets Endorsement Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.