Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

[URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. (1780 Views)

Jamb Palava / Help Jamb Admission Letter Says No Admission Yet Am In 400level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

[URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 5:16am On Mar 09, 2013
2day, is one of the worst day of my life..

After hustling my hard-earned bar to purchase this jamb card 3 days ago i decided 2 registar 2day.

And to my surprise no more center in S.E region, and this not even the issue, Read on..

To make matter worst the stupid cafe attendant chose benue state as my center without my consent.. when i excused the cafe..

Meeen i culdnt believe my eyes, when i saw benue state as my center..
Imagine travelling frm LAGOS --to--> BENUE, for just jamb exam..

I was so confused an angry i didnt even bother to read the rest of the form..

TO MAKE MATHER WORST:
i got home, told mi parents, nd they said i should 4get abut the exam..
As if the disapiontment of the day was nt enugh..

I check my jamb exam date later, and it reads:
TUES APRIL 23 2013..
Shot Me!!!

Am so confused right now, i cant even sleep or think straight.. My eyes are still wide open as at NOW ==>05:02 AM

First, 10hrs drive to write 2hrs exam. Now wrong jamb examination date...

PLEASE I NEED SUGESTION ON HOW TO FIX THIS..

Mayb a change of center or how to retify the date issue. Please any help sugestion will be appreciated.

Menn am typing with a very sleppy eyes nd a blur looking mobile fone, so please ignore my TYPOS..

I will jst get some sleep now and 1st tomorow am heading down to the cafe to knw wats up,. Hopefully i will get a helpful reply here aswell..

Thanks and Good AM..

</MASTINO>
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by buchito1(m): 5:47am On Mar 09, 2013
Hahaha.. Wonders shall neva end oº°˚˚°ºoo!!!
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by pseudonomer: 6:03am On Mar 09, 2013
I don't think you can change your centre, better still buy a new scratch card and register again with different centre..
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Odunnu: 6:12am On Mar 09, 2013
Mastino: 2day, is one of the worst day of my life..

After hustling my hard-earned bar to purchase this jamb card 3 days ago i decided 2 registar 2day.

And to my surprise no more center in S.E region, and this not even the issue, Read on..

To make matter worst the stupid cafe attendant chose benue state as my center without my consent.. when i excused the cafe..

Meeen i culdnt believe my eyes, when i saw benue state as my center..
Imagine travelling frm LAGOS --to--> BENUE, for just jamb exam..

I was so confused an angry i didnt even bother to read the rest of the form..

TO MAKE MATHER WORST:
i got home, told mi parents, nd they said i should 4get abut the exam..
As if the disapiontment of the day was nt enugh..

I check my jamb exam date later, and it reads:
TUES APRIL 23 2013..
Shot Me!!!

Am so confused right now, i cant even sleep or think straight.. My eyes are still wide open as at NOW ==>05:02 AM

First, 10hrs drive to write 2hrs exam. Now wrong jamb examination date...

PLEASE I NEED SUGESTION ON HOW TO FIX THIS..

Mayb a change of center or how to retify the date issue. Please any help sugestion will be appreciated.

Menn am typing with a very sleppy eyes nd a blur looking mobile fone, so please ignore my TYPOS..

I will jst get some sleep now and 1st tomorow am heading down to the cafe to knw wats up,. Hopefully i will get a helpful reply here aswell..

Thanks and Good AM..

</MASTINO>
You wanted a centre in the south east but you say it is all filled up, isn't it? Benue is a central state in Nigeria, I dont see any problem in that.
What should have been the date?
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 6:40am On Mar 09, 2013
Odunnu:
You wanted a centre in the south east but you say it is all filled up, isn't it? Benue is a central state in Nigeria, I dont see any problem in that.
What should have been the date?

SAT 27 APRIL..
I think thats the right date
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 6:44am On Mar 09, 2013
buchito1: Hahaha.. Wonders shall neva end oº°˚˚°ºoo!!!

Funny, huh
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 6:46am On Mar 09, 2013
pseudonomer: I don't think you can change your centre, better still buy a new scratch card and register again with different centre..

i dnt think buying a card wil, solve d isue.. I mean, i may hav a duplicate thumb print or sumfin lik dat, IDK...
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Odunnu: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2013
Mastino:

SAT 27 APRIL..
I think thats the right date
maybe its written in batches
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by OkwaIfugo(m): 7:42am On Mar 09, 2013
What happened is that the cafe attendant didn't seek for your opinion before filling your form. May be you didn't put your phone number there.

I own a cybercafe and I do have more than 800 forms waiting to be filled once centers reopens in the east for the paper and pencil test.

The cafe person simply choose computer testing for you. Check at the top right hand corner of ur paper to see it.

Just buy another card, change the other names to the first name and surname will remain the same and then register. I can even reg it for you if you have done thumbprint but tell them not to register. When center opens in any state near you or your state will reg it for you.

Sorry for the stress.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by buchito1(m): 8:23am On Mar 09, 2013
Mastino:

Funny, huh
yes oº°˚˚°ºoo!!!.. Bt dnt wori ur self! Ʊ can go through dier site or Ʊ report 2 dier headquatres!!!
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by leunamme93(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2013
You are making the greatest mistake by deciding not to write the xam. Now I imagine, what if you channel your anger to the exam by doing your possible best in the exam knowing fully well you travelled from lagos - benue just for exam, that should just be enough reason for you to drive yourself in the right tune, go in there and write the exam. Knowing fully well you'll come out successful. You never know this year is the year God has destined you for that admission of yours and the devil only wants to use this as a strategy to sway and rob you of your admission.
My friend the ball(admission) is in your court. Don't let it go because of "DISTANCE"

1 Like

Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Koonbey1: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2013
your case better,a friend of mine was posted to kebbi state for the exam,dont know about the date tho,jamb is probably adopting a staggered timetable,if your form says 23,then 23 it is,check if its cbt tho,the thing is centres are filled up across the country,disadvantage of late reg...my advice to you is to jux reaaaad hard,so that it will be worh it at the end,you can use nairaland to find someone who can accomodate you for a night so you can go the day before and be fresh for the exam.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by kaysy(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
The Cafe Attendance was not professional enough to have made such decision on your behalf. (You can sue him if u want)
Change of Centre is not possible once submitted.
Exam date as it appears is correct and you have to accept it that way.

...........any other thing?

Why do you have to wait so late to apply for this exam? this is what u reap for coming late in everything in life (Not just JAMB) for crying out loud the form has been on since Dec 2012. This is MAR 2013.

Ask God to take over, u hear?
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
Thank guys,.
I just woke up (menn my head hurts)

I'had never decided not to write the exam, that was jst my parent opinion (mayb they were more angrier than i am then)..

I will send a mail to jamb about the date, mayb they wil reply. But first lemmie cleanup and head to the cafe..

Thanks
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
OkwaIfugo: What happened is that the cafe attendant didn't seek for your opinion before filling your form. May be you didn't put your phone number there.

I own a cybercafe and I do have more than 800 forms waiting to be filled once centers reopens in the east for the paper and pencil test.

The cafe person simply choose computer testing for you. Check at the top right hand corner of ur paper to see it.

Just buy another card, change the other names to the first name and surname will remain the same and then register. I can even reg it for you if you have done thumbprint but tell them not to register. When center opens in any state near you or your state will reg it for you.

Sorry for the stress.

I dnt want to complicate things futher, so buying another card to re-registar will do exactly that (more complication)..

I will just hav to find the Transport Fair somehw b4 the examination date..

Thanks
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Wisepac: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
I was posted to niger state too, i dont even know wot to do
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Odunnu: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
Okwaifugo, for as long as I am the moderator of this section, exam malpractice and illegal activities will not be encouraged. So, the next time you profer advice, it must be in line and within the confines of ethics, morality and law.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
Wise pac: I was posted to niger state too, i dont even know wot to do

i feel yur pain bro, wats yur examination date....
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ok My mind is at peace now, i went to the cafe and the cafe attendant gave me a welcomed explanation about the examination date.

She saiz it was due to the fact that am using computer base test, that is why the date is different frm the usual day (SAT) and she herself has confirmed it from jamb office + i saw someone with a similar date..

So date issue solved.

But how do i go about finding where to stay in benue b4 the exams, i don't even knw a soul over there..!!
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Odunnu: 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Are you a male or a female?
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
Odunnu: Okwaifugo, for as long as I am the moderator of this section, exam malpractice and illegal activities will not be encouraged. So, the next time you profer advice, it must be in line and within the confines of ethics, morality and law.

Read before you comment harshly Odunnu. I just gave him an instance. There are cafe attendants who made mistakes with students pictures, home town, date of birth etc.

They had no choice than to get another card, and call back the candidates and fresh registeration was done for him. So what will you say here?

I am being considerate. New jamb card and all reg process costs 5,500 and his going there and then coming back plus accomodation and other expensis and also considering the risk in my own opinion I prefer him going for another Reg.

You just have to air your own view and advice him. I am not forcing him at all to go with my view rather its just an advice.

I don't expect you to respond this way so please next time be slow in responding to comments so you won't rush into it and offend someone unknowingly.

Thanks.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mastino: Ok My mind is at peace now, i went to the cafe and the cafe attendant gave me a welcomed explanation about the examination date.

She saiz it was due to the fact that am using computer base test, that is why the date is different frm the usual day (SAT) and she herself has confirmed it from jamb office + i saw someone with a similar date..

So date issue solved.

But how do i go about finding where to stay in benue b4 the exams, i don't even knw a soul over there..!!

I think house of reps called them on the issue of cbt and they cancelled it so they might refer cbt candidates to take the exam the same day ppt candidates will do.

The cafe personnel didn't do what is right. He or she should have told you and you should have told him you don't need the cbt or else you needed it. In jamb now they have 4 states and others will be unlocked soon. Check the risk, and expensis and know if another reg or going there will be ok for you.
Its Well.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
I just checked now that the cbt centers are very much available. You can check it with them there. I still believe that the cafe personel made a mistake with your Reg.

May be they were rushing registrations that's why they put you there by mistake. And if you insist they will foot your expensis to the state I guess they see reason with you on that.

Where in benue state is it. Is it Markurdi or Zakhibiam or where. Have someone in the state may be some tips can help you.
Just feeling your pains.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Odunnu: 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
OkwaIfugo:

Read before you comment harshly Odunnu. I just gave him an instance. There are cafe attendants who made mistakes with students pictures, home town, date of birth etc.

They had no choice than to get another card, and call back the candidates and fresh registeration was done for him. So what will you say here?

I am being considerate. New jamb card and all reg process costs 5,500 and his going there and then coming back plus accomodation and other expensis and also considering the risk in my own opinion I prefer him going for another Reg.

You just have to air your own view and advice him. I am not forcing him at all to go with my view rather its just an advice.

I don't expect you to respond this way so please next time be slow in responding to comments so you won't rush into it and offend someone unknowingly.

Thanks.
Atleast you do understand the part where I said NL does not encourage exam malpractice. Always have that at the back of your mind next time you profer advice. What you are saying here is off from your post I hid but thats okay, you seem to understand me now.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Wisepac: 12:27am On Mar 10, 2013
Mastino:

i feel yur pain bro, wats yur examination date....
april 27th
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 12:46am On Mar 10, 2013
OkwaIfugo: I just checked now that the cbt centers are very much available. You can check it with them there. I still believe that the cafe personel made a mistake with your Reg.

May be they were rushing registrations that's why they put you there by mistake. And if you insist they will foot your expensis to the state I guess they see reason with you on that.

Where in benue state is it. Is it Markurdi or Zakhibiam or where. Have someone in the state may be some tips can help you.
Just feeling your pains.

Markurdi, sure any help atall will do.
Thanks
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 12:51am On Mar 10, 2013
OkwaIfugo:

I think house of reps called them on the issue of cbt and they cancelled it so they might refer cbt candidates to take the exam the same day ppt candidates will do.

The cafe personnel didn't do what is right. He or she should have told you and you should have told him you don't need the cbt or else you needed it. In jamb now they have 4 states and others will be unlocked soon. Check the risk, and expensis and know if another reg or going there will be ok for you.
Its Well.

I've already settled for going there.. I simply dnt think re-reg wil solve the isue (esp if theres no center in lag)...

Am looking forward to the experience tho,
thanks
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Mastino(m): 12:55am On Mar 10, 2013
Odunnu: Are you a male or a female?

100% MALE
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by Odunnu: 6:09am On Mar 10, 2013
Mastino:

100% MALE
Ok. I would have prefered you female
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by OkwaIfugo(m): 6:11am On Mar 10, 2013
Mastino:

I've already settled for going there.. I simply dnt think re-reg wil solve the isue (esp if theres no center in lag)...

Am looking forward to the experience tho,
thanks

Good for you. i also still say the cafe people made mistake. for CBT there is center in Lagos cos i just checked now. Just tell them you knew what happened and they should say sorry to you. you cant just allow it to go that way without talking to them on their mistake.
God will provide and guide you. Its Well.
Re: [URGENT] Help!!!.. Jamb Palava, Am So So Lost.. by OkwaIfugo(m): 6:16am On Mar 10, 2013
Odunnu:
Atleast you do understand the part where I said NL does not encourage exam malpractice. Always have that at the back of your mind next time you profer advice. What you are saying here is off from your post I hid but thats okay, you seem to understand me now.

what did you think I said ODunnu. did i tell him to hire people that will write for him or did i tell him to pay for me to help him write it neither did i tell him to bring money for any assistance. what malpractice was there in my Post?
I still advice you Odunnu my advice has nothing and absolutely nothing wrong in it so you don't just comment anyhow or hide one's topic anyhow on NL. when you want to make correction do it with all meekness of heart. do not just walk in on any thread and exhibit your high handedness. Please next time always be slow in reading comments so you can always take the right decision. Its an advice you wont get elsewhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE: FG Resorts To Force; Threatens No-work-no-pay Policy / I Need Help: I Cant Read / How To Download Satellite Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.