Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier (59344 Views)

The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} / See What A Nairalander Invented 6 Years Ago. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by 4teelaw(f): 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
jmoore:

You are not an animal scientist, leave that to the pros.. Boko harams are human beings like us yet we are not even safe with them.

well said jare
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by 4teelaw(f): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Burger01: Give the lion another three years for a true meaning of 'Hugs'... I pity the woman.

Wetin this one come de talk?
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by madridsta007(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
imoleayo55: Mods, i dont know where to post this but decided to put it here, since this woman and the lion behave like relatives. Below is their story and also a video

Read this before watching the video:
The woman in the video found the lion, injured in the forest, on the verge of death, 6 years ago. She took the lion home with her and nursed it back to health. Later, when the lion was better, she made arrangements with a zoo to take the lion. Some time passed before the woman had a chance to visit the zoo. This video was taken when she walked up to the lion's cage to see how he was doing. Watch the lion's reaction when he sees her!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRlD5ptuwcc

Hugging, while she stays behind the protective fence?

If it is really going to show affection, why don't she enter the gates and get to have a full hug from the lion?

Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by honeric01(m): 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
What a story.
femmy2010:
This is touching too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J9PlVtXd-0&feature=player_detailpage

What a story.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by greatgod2012(f): 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
harbibi: Omg what a hug shocked! This goes to show how beautiful paradise will be when we all dwell in peace and harmony with fellow humans and all wild animals.

you must be a Jehovah witness member.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by babaowo: 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
now i need to buy a lion....
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by groovie(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
4teelaw:

Bros, u obviously sound like you dont have any idea about Animal Behaviour.

Male Lions do not hunt (except when hungry, and the female lion has not brought food). u will pass in front of a well fed lion and he will give you a casual glance and continue picking his bones. The female lion...now that is who you should be afraid of. She is a born hunter, he job is to hunt and feed her cubs as well as the male lion. So any living flesh and blood will be hunted and stored.

And I write as a trained Zoologist smiley

yeah ur right, but u forgot to add dat wat a male lion does is to defend its territory from any intruder, even old friends can become intruders, and its an innate behaviour for a lion be it male or female to tear apart anything it considers food or harm
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Nostradamu(m): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mudley313:

if you ever watched the documentary below you go understand say things like these happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4enNZqNrwYc

Nice one......hmmmm,it's not only the four walls of the school you get "educated" this is an EDUCATION on its own. Watching this documentary makes me feel EUPHORIC to say the Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy least. thanks for sharing this with us,wish i cud "like" it a million times!!!
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by 4teelaw(f): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
groovie:

yeah ur right, but u forgot to add dat wat a male lion does is to defend its territory from any intruder, even old friends can become intruders, and its an innate behaviour for a lion be it male or female to tear apart anything it considers food or harm

U r right as well...territorial behaviour is inherent in every animal specie, even us humans.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by ANYPEN(m): 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]I hope all these things are not staged. Lion's business is to tear any living thing apart. Lion has no sympathy for non Lions, so whether you saved it or gave it food for 50 years. When it has the opportunity, it will tear to to shreds.[/size]

This lion is not hungry remember. i've seen antelopes and zebras grazing just beside a lion when it is not hungry. The narrator explains that the animals know when their predators are hungry. life would have been better if there is no hunger even among human beings.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Kelvin677(m): 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
*weeping 4 dis short reunion ohh dis z xo touching anyway waitin 4 d part2 of dis movie *
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Inoknowbook: 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]I hope all these things are not staged. Lion's business is to tear any living thing apart. Lion has no sympathy for non Lions, so whether you saved it or gave it food for 50 years. When it has the opportunity, it will tear to to shreds.[/size]

This wouldn't be the first time it's happening. I saw a programme on telly that showed two white men reuniting in an African game reserve with two lions that lived with them when they were young. They men had to give up the lions for relocation to a game reserve in Africa because they were getting to big. The two lions went crazy with joy when they saw the two men after 6 yrs. The reaction was even more intense than this. Try and watch more documentaries on nature and you will learn many things about these animals and you will definitely have more respect for them.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
reminds me of the days when we Pagans fed christians to the lions cool :

Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by slimyem: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
reminds me of the days when we Pagans fed christians to the lions cool :

for your warped mind!!undecided
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by imoleayo55(m): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
I no know book:

This wouldn't be the first time it's happening. I saw a programme on telly that showed two white men reuniting in an African game reserve with two lions that lived with them when they were young. They men had to give up the lions for relocation to a game reserve in Africa because they were getting to big. The two lions went crazy with joy when they saw the two men after 6 yrs. The reaction was even more intense than this. Try and watch more documentaries on nature and you will learn many things about these animals and you will definitely have more respect for them.

Its not even 6 yrs, its after 35years. they went to look for him and he still recognised them, its just one, the name of the lion is Christian. The other lioness in the video is his wife, surprsingly, he brought the lioness to them for introduction and she was calm around them. I couldnt help but wonder how she( the lioness) was calm around pple she was seeing for the first time, simply because the lion was able to communicate with her....With all that had been said on this thread, even though i was the one dat posted this topic, I NO TINK SAY I FIT DO AM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....NOT GOING NEAR A LION AT ALL...MBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
Do you know tigers remember the faces of people that have hurt them or done them good before. Maybe same applies to lions.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by largie(f): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
That is how the media encourage suicide.Some ignorant fellow will watch this now and think it is practical.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Magicdon(m): 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
imoleayo55:

U obviously havent seen the video of "christian the lion".its on youtube, and someone even posted it here...u need to see it. He was bought and raised by two good friends, but he got too big and they exported him to kenya into the Wild cos they dont want to keep him in zoo(they saw that as restriction to the freeodm he was used to). They went to look for him ater 35 years, i mean 35 years, he still remembered them and hug them so passionately....check the video on youtube for yourself...Human beings dont even remember anytin gud wey u do for them after 6days, not to talk of 6yrs or 35yrs
pls Imoleayo55 It is not after 35years they reunited in the jungle of Kenya tis after 6 years. I hav watched the documentary. Go n watch it again!
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by ejifranks(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
lrguru: Maybe it was photoshopped undecided
no it was videoshoppd
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Abrantie: 8:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
Sounds like the story of Christian The Lion. search for it on youtube. It's much more touching the this zoo one.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Deiok(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ok oh. Even a lion can be appreciative, and there are still some humans who dont know what it is to be appreciative, we all should learn from this. (cue from the lion king).
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Inoknowbook: 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
imoleayo55:

Its not even 6 yrs, its after 35years. they went to look for him and he still recognised them, its just one, the name of the lion is Christian. The other lioness in the video is his wife, surprsingly, he brought the lioness to them for introduction and she was calm around them. I couldnt help but wonder how she( the lioness) was calm around pple she was seeing for the first time, simply because the lion was able to communicate with her....With all that had been said on this thread, even though i was the one dat posted this topic, I NO TINK SAY I FIT DO AM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....NOT GOING NEAR A LION AT ALL...MBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lions don't live up to 35 yrs. The average life span of a lion is something close to 10 to 15 years. I may not be too sure though, but I'm sure its not anything near 35 yrs.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by usayab(m): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
Animal 4 that mata. When our leader(both religeous & polical) will allow southernerns and notherners hug themself. muslim and xristian hug theirself as well.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by omowolewa: 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
So touching.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Oyinprince(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
i neva tot dis was possible! i dont lyk dogs anymore,my next goal is to by a lion as my pet and name d lion 'Nairaland' ,lol
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
+1000
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by BashToks: 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
imoleayo55:

No be only 35 yrs.. na 100yrs..
I no know wetin b d life span of lion sef wey u dey talk say na afta 35 yrs..
It was 5 or 6 yrs can't remember precisely.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by BashToks: 9:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
largie: That is how the media encourage suicide.Some ignorant fellow will watch this now and think it is practical.

I dont wana know how ignorant u are.. U cant practise this anyhow.
U really have to be sure b4 makin any stupid move.
No matter how cuddly the lion is.. NA STILL LION KING OF THA FCUKIN JUNGLE!!
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by SIRcumalot: 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
everybody knows lions kill the cubs of pride that it as just taking over any animal capable of that kind savagery is not to be trifled with so anytime I see them in positive light am a bit sceptical or just attribute there meekness to a full belly or loss of predatory instinct due to prolong captivity.
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Ajengogo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
This is a pure case of "this man called animal". I'm sure the lion community is really dissapointed by this gesture... Lions are trained flesh shredders na!
Re: Lion Hugs Woman That Rescued Him 6 Years Earlier by Mization(m): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
lrguru: Maybe it was photoshopped undecided
Is that a photo.Are u a learner?

Jeff Bezos' $500 Million Yacht Has A Sculpture Of His Girlfriend Lauren Sanchez / Humpback Whales Photographed Having Sex For First Time – And Both Were Male / Lamb Born With Human-Like Face In Ghana (Disturbing Photos)