Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Such Dilemma - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Such Dilemma (842 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / The Fatoyinbo Dilemma, Your Thoughts..... / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Such Dilemma by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, I am well aware of what I am about to do. But due to the anonymousity( hope I can use that word), I feel a bit secured.

Been trying to drown my thoughts by listening to the extremely talented bruno mars. But after trying a mix of hardcore raps, serenading blues, heavy metal and mild rocks, someways, these thoughts keep surfacing,drawing life saving breaths and staying afloat reminding me of a tough decision.
Seee, I am based in abuja, with one of the network instrumentation companies. Its a very flexible Job and gives me good time for many other activities. As a field person, I manage uncertainties well. But nothing is to prepare me for the hard reality I met at my parents residence in lagos.
Dad is retired and doing quite well, his investments are paying off. Mom manages a mini sized supermarket and has a handfull of daily routines that keeps her up from early hours of the day to late at night. Sometimes as late as 11pm.
I Had little time on my hands and resently finished from a technical site audit at one of the central states.since I finished ahead of schedule, I decided to visit my parents and have a change fomr hasty bachelor meals; often times half-done. I got home at night, I wanted serious relaxation so I dropped my car at abj.
Seee, I must explain that I am the last child in the family and the closest to home. On getting home I met a little girl in the house, not older than 13 I suppose." Have my parents heeded my advice to adopt a child?" This was just one of the questions that roamed my mind. After the usual welcome frenzy, I asked my mom who this little girl was.
Miss k, is the third child of a large family, lost her mom at the then abakiliki-ebonyi chrisis(last year I suppose) her dad passed on too. So at that tender age, miss k became an orphan. Resently my elder sister travelled home and out of sympathy for miss k, managed to convince my mum a maid could help with her many routines. As expected, mom took her in not as a maid but a child(could that have been the mistake?) Dad also took a likeness to miss k. Well they say don't judge a book by its cover.
2 weeks latter,miss k had most things girls her age should have, she just needed to ask. However, she began displaying annoying habits and behaviors like anger.
She sleeps to as late as 11am, eats even things been sold at the supermarkets. Overily stubborn and dissobidient. Mom is hindered by the fact that she is an orphan and often times shout at her, rather than metting out good discipline, the whole episode is forgotten.
This was where I met them last friday when I came back. I saw nothing wrong with miss k's attitude, knowing well that my elder sister was more stubborn at that same age. My emotions clouded my judgments despite initially been upset that I wasn't included in the plan to bring miss k into the family.
When I learnt miss k would be returned to the village, I adviced against it, encouraging my parents that she could be corrected( I had the best intentions). now my one week break will be over by Monday, but within these few days, I have come to realize that, miss k, might be wicked or just possesed. And I fear for my parents. Yesterday I had to do the dishes and sweep the house in full glare of miss k. She was caught using my dads choice dish to clean a wound she sustained. She was shocked but never apologised. Now she is beginning to inqiure from neigbouring houses how she will leave this area( high brow Lag). I have since withdrawn my advice to mom and encouraged mom to send miss k home.
The whole house is drawn between moral choices of helping better an orphans future and playing safe.
My parents are great disciplinarians but are being very cautious. They fear any discipline may encourage this girl to run away. Many times caring neighbours have reported seeing miss k asking questions and scouting the area. A habit She never does when my parents are around. She occupies my old room and as such I had to use one of the rooms my elder once used.

Please Nairalanders advice.
Will head back to abj soon and would like to put down a solid decision that I will like to seee through before leaving.
Thanks
Re: Such Dilemma by baby124: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
Village children are very wise and more advanced than all these butty lag kids. The fact that you people caught her trying to purposely and seriously harm your dad is cause for concern. Una no beat am? Chei! I support serious beating in that case. I understand that she may be going through trauma of losing her parents, but that is just too much. Why will she want to kill your dad? Sorry to say this, but hope no abuse is going on from your dad. Maybe you should sit her down and ask her. She is trying to poison him and runaway from you people for a reason. If it turns out that there is no abuse going on, please return her home. Am sure she has extended family who she is more comfortable with. Before the next time, she decides to use rat poison. Its always tricky picking kids from all over. You never know what issues or mental illness runs in some families. If she wants to leave, take her back home!
Re: Such Dilemma by mawuqueyan(f): 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
Send her back home ASAP....
Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
The trauma was exactly why I favoured her staying. But like you said, if she wants to go...........
Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
Lord have mercy! What manner of hyperemotional OP is this? So because of a petty devious teenager, that's why you're drowning your sorrows in Bruno Mars? That's why you're writing an epistle with such a lengthy intro that has nothing to do with the main subject of the thread? I was even scared initially to read the entire thread because I thought it was going to lead to something very depressing and difficult to stomach. My initial thougt was, I hope this guy is not contemplating suicide? Imagine my surprise (looking for a mild word here) when I got to the gist of the post!! angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided

Anyway, send the girl away, her eye is way too open, she will soon graduate to more serious crimes. Sponsor her outside of your house, give her conditions to meet, in terms of her commitment to her education +/- good behavior. That solves the moral dilemma you all are facing cos you won't just be throwing her out to the dogs.
Re: Such Dilemma by maclatunji: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
^LWKMD
Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
ileobatojo: Lord have mercy! What manner of hyperemotional OP is this? So because of a petty devious teenager, that's why you're drowning your sorrows in Bruno Mars? That's why you're writing an epistle with such a lengthy intro that has nothing to do with the main subject of the thread? I was even scared initially to read the entire thread because I thought it was going to lead to something very depressing and difficult to stomach. My initial thougt was, I hope this guy is not contemplating suicide? Imagine my surprise (looking for a mild word here) when I got to the gist of the post!! angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided

Anyway, send the girl away, her eye is way too open, she will soon graduate to more serious crimes. Sponsor her outside of your house, give her conditions to meet, in terms of her commitment to her education +/- good behavior. That solves the moral dilemma you all are facing cos you won't just be throwing her out to the dogs.

I am terribly sorry if I have left the wrong impression, I am only trying to capture the whole development in writting... Your advice on sponsoring outside the home with conditions........ Very thoughtul.
Re: Such Dilemma by maclatunji: 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
^That girl is fire, your family should return her to her people.
Re: Such Dilemma by biolabee(m): 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
I no even fit read the original post; too much textspeak
Re: Such Dilemma by slimyem: 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
Much as we like to believe that the "village girl" stereotype is an unfair one,this girl fits well into it.undecided
Your fears and concerns appear to be well founded and is understandable IMO.I wouldn't leave my aged parents with a kid that devious/cunning.
I think she's just acting her age though plus the factors surrounding her presence in your house and your parent's reluctance in disciplining her appropriately might be catalysts.
Take Ileobatojo's advice.
Help/assist her from a distance.cool

1 Like

Re: Such Dilemma by aadetoyin(f): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
Abeg advise ur folks to deport her to the village asap. Abi u want to wait till when she tries to poison ur parents.
This village babes are usually wild even at very young age. Ve had experienced enuf evil from those village champions. They are not to be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
Thanks guys, just called a meeting, we'v decided that remote assistance might be the best option. Mom and someone else will take her to the park. So we'll keep an eye on her while purchasing the ticket. Her aunt is devastated but that's the much we can do.

Thanks again.
Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
Re: Such Dilemma by ifyalways(f): 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
Is she an only child?Have you talked with her as you would to a kid sibling?
She simply wants to be with her people in the village,her granny perhaps.Send her back and help her from afar.
You cannot force anyone to be with you no matter how good your intentions are.

I hope you and your folks don't discuss her and her plight to everyone?She might have overhead one of yous talking about her(how u picked,brushed ,feed her etc),such people can be overtly sensitive and emotional.Or she's just grieving and reacting to the ball life has thrown at her.Some kids act their pain by being rebellious.

Regardless of what might have been the case,she wants to go,send her home.shikena

1 Like

Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
chaircover:

Please what does this mean?

Dad has a particular plate he loves eating with. She got hot water into the plate sought a secluded place and was treathing her wound with it.( You know, use a piece of clothing). That plate had to be thrown away.

The decision has been taken, thanks for your concern anyways.
Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
I still don't get the dish treathing with your explanation but it's all good you've made a good decision to take her back. Scary shît! lipsrsealed
Re: Such Dilemma by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
ileobatojo: Lord have mercy! What manner of hyperemotional OP is this? So because of a petty devious teenager, that's why you're drowning your sorrows in Bruno Mars? That's why you're writing an epistle with such a lengthy intro that has nothing to do with the main subject of the thread? I was even scared initially to read the entire thread because I thought it was going to lead to something very depressing and difficult to stomach. My initial thougt was, I hope this guy is not contemplating suicide? Imagine my surprise (looking for a mild word here) when I got to the gist of the post!! angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Marriage And Infidelity / The One Thing Holding You Back In Life (and How To Overcome It) / Nairaland Charity,please Raise Money For The Quadruplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.