Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche (29671 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by coldgate(f): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2012
HI NLDERS, I need your candid advice. My nine-month old son attends a creche run by the RCCG church which is only two blocks from my home.This is also where I worship.The Creche also has a tutorial class for afternoons. My 3 and half yr old daughter attends this after school. Now my grouse with the creche is that when my little boy started, the elderly pastor's wife who runs the creche also employed another woman to work at the creche. Recently, I noticed that whenever I go to the creche in the morning to drop my son (I work in a financial Institution on the Mainland and leave home at 7:45)the pastor's wife is no longer there. Instead, a young girl or at times, the pastor's ward dressed in school uniform is the one I meet at the creche. When I get to work, I try to call to find out if she is at the creche and she would reply that the she was there and the baby is fine. Now I have a strong suspicion that she leaves my child and others in the care of this young girl of about 15 yrs old. The other woman who used to work there no longer comes.I am seriously considering taking my son away from this creche because I am not satisfied with everything. Yet a part of me still clings on because THIS IS MY CHURCH. I guess I am just being sentimental. Pls, House, what do you advise?
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 20, 2012
Some questions you may need to pose to yourself first. Is she planning to hire adult staff anytime soon? Are you comfortable with the young girls watching all those kids even if it's just for a short time till pastor's wife shows up? How can you verify if/when your pastor's wife resumes care of the kids?

I think you should have your baby in a place where you are confident that he is being well taken care of. The fact that you can't really complain when something is wrong because it's your pastor's wife means this may not be the best fit for you. Move your baby first, 'apologize' to the church later.

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 20, 2012

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 20, 2012
I no get advise oh, wait till your child ends up in one of those internet videos, someone obviously not qaulified is left to care for your child but because "church" is involved you put church interest first ahead of your child.
Your Pastor wife is lying to your face you are still saying you are confused, what religion has done to my people, if it was another creche would you be here even asking? Wouldn't you have yanked your child away and given the woman a piece of your mind? So sad that we Christains have turned something else in Pastor worship.
Weldone ehnn, She Pastors wife na "Mummy", Goodluck.

24 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 20, 2012
Religion certainly is the opium of the people. Where religion is concerned,reason takes flight.
So because you do not want to offend Mrs Pastor,you are willing to put your kidfs in danger?
The mind boogles.
This is why I feel women should be FULL time house wives!

6 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 20, 2012
Oga Richy I am seriously struggling to Understand the logic. So Pastors wife has a free pass to put your baby in harms way. Na way oh I know when God matter enter people loose their senses but to put your childs life in danger to please Mrs Pastor is beyond me. This is really eaten deep into us
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by EfemenaXY: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
@Poster, take your kids out and look for alternative childcare.

I too have a 9 month old baby and nothing, absolutely nothing would make me compromise her safety.

The reason why childcare for the "under 1's" is so expensive is because babies at that age need a lot of care & attention. Typically, in a good nursery, you'll find that 1 trained adult is allocated 2 babies to look after.

How many kids are left in the care of this 15 year old girl??

3 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sad part is that I am sure "Mummy" will charge much more in her "daycare" than other daycares and members will feel compelled to bring their kids to that creche to "honor" mummy.
Me, I will not only yank my child out, give her a lecture in ethics and child care, I will call NAPTIP on her. She as a Pastors wife should be above board. Usining Gods name to cheat people. I don't blame them, people worship you when you carry church and God and do wicked business
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
debrief08: Oga Richy I am seriously struggling to Understand the logic. So Pastors wife has a free pass to put your baby in harms way. Na way oh I know when God matter enter people loose their senses but to put your childs life in danger to please Mrs Pastor is beyond me. This is really eaten deep into us

Madam,
Am glad that for once you and I agree on something,although I am not sure jenny will be pleased at that.
By the way have you been to any RCCG creches? Cheap article.
Some times awuf dey run belle.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by SisiKill1: 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
And people ask why daycares aren't cheap abroad. It's because crap like this will NEVER happen. undecided
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
For where Richy, I avoid most "church" things like a plague, you can't ask questions or demand standards, I stick to old churches where Pastors and their wives are not gods who can't be touched or queried.
I give my best at work and demand the same whenever I am paying for a service. I don't play with my kids at all, I take time to go through things I need to and will never compromise their safety. For a mother whose child is at risk to be reluctant to act because it is "church" hurts me so much.
I am very rational and not carried away by cheap sentiments.I am regarded as "anti christ" in my office because I refused to approve "office feloowship" so people who have been paid to work will use work time to be praying and preaching. Do your religion at your own time, don't bring it and impose it on others, the only time I want to know if you are a christain or moslem is when you see office money and resist the temptation to steal and embezzle, the people who want to do fellowship are the same ones cursing you for not allowing them chop money. Forgive my digression Christainity these days hurts me abeg

40 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
@OP,
Hope a word is enough for the wise?
Get those kids out of that place asap!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by debosky(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
If you have concerns, raise them with the pastor's wife - be firm and establish what you expect from the creche in terms of staff and supervision/care of your child. If you are paying for a service, you should be getting that service, not dealing with a child of 15 years old barely able to take care of herself.

If you think your child may already be in danger, then remove the child immediately - 'my church' will not pay your hospital bills (God forbid) if the child gets injured.

On a separate note, I'm sure this 'creche' isn't being regulated/inspected by anyone - no wonder people can do whatever they like.

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by greatgod2012(f): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
Obviously, its this 15yrs old girl that is taking care of this children, OMG, pls, op, take ur child asap, im begging u in d name of God dont be sentimental, because it involves church, u take ur child 1st, then u can explain later. May God help us all.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by debosky(m): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
chaircover: debo dont get me started on crèches o! the things my koro koro eyes saw when my aunty and I went creche hunting in Abuba ! lipsrsealed

Its God o! and that is why parents should use all their senses including the 6th common sense before placing their most precious gift in these peoples care.

it was reported on NL about 3 weeks ago where a family lost a baby who had wandered into the toilet and drowned in a bucket of water in one of these crèches. God protect our children Amen.

cry cry

This just makes my blood boil. You can take half measures in other areas of your life, but not regarding a child that didn't ask to be born to you. Just do whatever is required to safeguard your child.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tpia1: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
Madam, remove your child if you're not comfortable with her care, and stop slandering people and running mouth on nl.

Are you being forced to keep your child in that particular place?

All these witchcraft spirit out to destroy the church. undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by coldgate(f): 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
Thanks Nlders. After reading your comments, I began to ask myself the same Questions. I have also arrived at a conclusion.I would get my children outa there ASAP!. There truly shouldn't be any compromise where children are concerned. I totally agree that I am being sentimental because my church is involved. I will take my children away first, then I will offer my explanations to the 'Mummy' later.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
coldgate: HI NLDERS, I need your candid advice. My nine-month old son attends a creche run by the RCCG church which is only two blocks from my home.This is also where I worship.The Creche also has a tutorial class for afternoons. My 3 and half yr old daughter attends this after school. Now my grouse with the creche is that when my little boy started, the elderly pastor's wife who runs the creche also employed another woman to work at the creche. Recently, I noticed that whenever I go to the creche in the morning to drop my son (I work in a financial Institution on the Mainland and leave home at 7:45)the pastor's wife is no longer there. Instead, a young girl or at times, the pastor's ward dressed in school uniform is the one I meet at the creche. When I get to work, I try to call to find out if she is at the creche and she would reply that the she was there and the baby is fine. Now I have a strong suspicion that she leaves my child and others in the care of this young girl of about 15 yrs old. The other woman who used to work there no longer comes.I am seriously considering taking my son away from this creche because I am not satisfied with everything. Yet a part of me still clings on because THIS IS MY CHURCH. I guess I am just being sentimental. Pls, House, what do you advise?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Tgirl4real(f): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
At OP,

U've got nothing to consider dear. Please take your kids away from there ASAP. U know how messy kids can be. Imagine trying to fix his meal and change diaper at once. A 15 year old isn't matured enough to attend to a young baby alone at home not to now talk of a crèche where u have many kids on board.

They don't value your patronage. If they did, they wouldn't have left the running of the crèche in the hands of a teenager.

I have visited some of these Redeemed crèches and they are usually nothing to write home about. It's either they have so many unused educational toys locked up somewhere to rot or they don't have enough. The environment is usually clean but always too quiet for a place where kids are suppose to be. I take it that they don't engage the kids enough that is why they sleep all day.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by iaabc(f): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Honestly I was riled when I read this post. What does it being a church have to do with anything. Your child's safety must always be paramount, irrespective of whose ox is or may be gored.

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
At lots of these so called day care centres the kids are given sleeping tablets so that they can sleep off and not trouble the auntie in charge!
Take it from me- the kids are drugged most of the time.

6 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by debosky(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2012
Richvkunt: At lots of these so called day care centres the kids are given sleeping tablets so that they can sleep off and not trouble the auntie in charge!
Take it from me- the kids are drugged most of the time.

And you know this for a fact? I hope you've told parents with kids there to take their wards away.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
This kind of thread drives me NUTS!!!! Get those kids outta there and sit at home before you get a space or your sane trusted family member.....

How I wish I can get that name ..... Licensing supposed to drop in like a firecracker and shut it down!!!

come to think of it undecided....does she have the right qualifications? cos if she does she'd know the rules and etiquette of caring for children.

Church my bottom angry

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2012
debosky:

And you know this for a fact? I hope you've told parents with kids there to take their wards away.

Yep Richy's very right...my mom owns a school ...from infant to jss3... I remembered her charging one Igbo lady to court for that act and mom hired all ghanians then....it's brutal!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
debosky:

Brother RVK does not know how to tell lies.
I repeat-ONCE THE KiDS ARRIVE THEY ARE GIVEN SLEEPING TABLETS SO THATTHEY ALL DOZE OFF, and don't trouble the teen aged auntie in charge!

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
Richy is right. I handled a case for social welfare where a daycare was charged with drugging children leading to partial brian damage to a child.
That was some years ago. He is right, cases like that have been reported
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ha!Ha!
I know most people hate my moniker, but at times people need to ignore the messanger and take the message.
Parents should be careful about where they place their kids. The children did not ask you to bring them into this world. You wanted them and asked for them so you should take care of them properly!

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by SisiKill1: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
When it comes to buying shoes, we are so selective and conscientious about it. To make sure it is just the right fit, we try it on over and over and over again, check it out from the left, check it from the right, check it out on tippy toes, check it out using a back mirror before paying for it and if, when we get home, we try it on again and notice it gives us a tiny pinch. . .we return it without a second thought. But it comes to Churches and the decisions we make when it concerns our papas, mama, mommies and daddies we hesitate even if it a matter of life and death.

The first day you got to the daycare and saw a teenager should have been the day you got to the bottom of it...No IF or BUT about it. Ideally, It is not even all the Adults who apply for jobs at daycare centers are hired because some aren't capable of the doing the tasks required of them. . .not to talk of a teenager. I don't know how many people have been to a daycare center at time other than nap time. . .it is a MAD HOUSE!!!

One child is spilling milk here, another is child is trying to lick it off the floor, yet another is trying to snatch the littler baby's bottle, one has dropped his cookie and wailing because it's what is soothing his hurting gums and the baby that just wants to be held all day is crying because you have put her down to check up on the other two fighting over the barney teddy bear that belongs to the little boy standing in the corner because he is shy for pooping in his diaper.

These are the things one deals with at a daycare center and if you don't have the psychological makeup to remain calm in the middle of chaos, you can lose it. This is also why the law requires that a certain number of children require so so number of teachers and nowhere in that equation does a teenager under 18 comes in. How is that girl gonna handle multiple crying babies?

Does she understand the importance of cleanliness? That you can't go from wiping one child's bum to feeding another without washing your hand? Yeah it sounds like something that should be common sense but in the middle of chaos, one tends to lose all rationality and taking your time to wash your hand properly when a child is seriously crying her eyes out just seems silly. All your thoughts are geared towards picking that child up and stop the crying. If many adults aren't capable of remaining calm, what do we expect a teenager to?

What about first aid? A child sees a small object on the floor, picks it up, throws it in her mouth and starts choking. . .what does the teenager do? Does she even know there are certain things that shouldn't be in the vicinity of a child. . .enough to quickly get rid of such things as soon as she sees it?!!

Everything I mentioned here is just a teeny tiny aspect of the entire task oh.

Honestly, If people really understood what it means to care for a child, they will know that not just anybody will do. undecided

27 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tasandra: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
angryOp pls,get those kids outta there...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Single Mothers Are Generally Losers, They Raise Criminals & Sluts - Kenyan Lad / 13 Things You Will Recognize From Falling Sick In A Nigerian Home / Man Accused Of Chasing Away His Pregnant Wife Because Of His ''Mistress''.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.