Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police (1296 Views)

Northern Governors’ Move To Obtain Loans From Islamic Bank Illegal—senator Sani / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / CCT Trial: APC Members Tormenting Saraki – Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by aminho(m): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
Senator Sani’s statement to the
police which we serve our readers
below:
“My name is Senator Ahmad Sani,
former Governor of Zamfara state
and now Distinguished Senator of
the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Federal Radio Corporation (FRCN)
Kaduna invited me for a phone-in
programmed which took place
today 9th of March 2013 at 10:00am
and ended at 12:00pm. During the
phone programme, I was asked if
there is any move not to register our
new party APC, what can we do?
And my response was that if we met
all legal requirements and INEC
refused to register us, we shall
embark on a peaceful protest to
INEC
until we are registered. Then the
moderator asked me, what I mean
by peaceful protest? Then I
responded by saying just like it
happened in Egypt. We can go to
Eagle Square together with General
Muhammad Buhari, Asiwaju Bola
Tinubu, Sardaunan of Kano Alh.
Ibrahim Shekarau and others to
mobilize people without using any
weapon for a peaceful protest until
our party is registered.
1. The police asked me assuming our
peaceful protest is not yielding
desired result, what do we do next?
And my answer to this question is
that we are practicing democracy. If
the president of Egypt can yield to
the pressure of his people in a
peaceful protest, I am sure that with
the integrity of Prof. Jega that I
know personally, he will yield to the
people’s pressure and make sure so
long as we met all the legal
requirements, we are registered.
2. The police further asked that
knowing the security situation in
Kaduna and that been a PDP state,
don’t I think that some people may
read meaning to it or may try to
make mischief? My answer to this
question is that, we are talking of
registration of a political party and
the process has not even been
completed and there is no attempt
by INEC because we have not even
completed and there is no attempt
by INEC because haven't even
applied for registration. We only
notified them of our desire to form a
new party APC. In addition to this,
the peaceful protest mentioned is
only when INEC refused to register
APC after meeting all the legal
requirement, I will not see basis for
any mischief.
However, I am also surprise to be
invited by the police because the
programme was carried live and as a
former Governor and Chief Security
Officer of Zamfara state at that
time,
a Distinguish Senator of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria, I will never call
for violence, never participate in
violence and never support violence
in Nigeria my dear country. For eight
(coolyears I served in Zamfara state
as
a Governor, even with the
implementation of Sharia, there was
never violence between Muslims and
Christians because of my firm belief
in peaceful coexistence. So whoever
called the CP from Abuja is the one
trying to be mischievous and cause
crisis in Nigeria.”
Please what is wrong with his
(Yarima) statement? Muhammad musa amshi
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by bappahman: 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
Noting as far as I can see..its pure intimidation and fear by the PDP police...
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by Mmiriariugwu: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
I see desperation&overzealousness.What happened to our courts? in otherwards they will intimidate inec into registering them without a 3rd party like d court having to hear both parties. he cant compare our system with that of sit tight rulers of the arabs. the should screw him well because out of d abundance of d heart the mouth speaketh.He might have something upsleeves.if they find out its mere unguarded uterance they should free him
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by takedat(m): 12:36am On Mar 10, 2013
When did exercising one's freedom of speech and calling for a peaceful protest without inciting imminent lawless action become a superhighway to harassment and police invitation? Obviously, the rising profile of APC is unsettling and unnerving PDP, leaving it in a disoriented state. They have now resorted into laying of landmines, and all manner of blackmail and intimidation in order to suppress what will eventually overwhelm them! God pass them!

1 Like

Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by dc555: 12:41am On Mar 10, 2013
Police arrested the wrong guy. What happened to freedom of speech?
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by Reptyle(m): 12:49am On Mar 10, 2013
Since when did calling for a peaceful protest become a crime against the state
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by masu: 4:11am On Mar 10, 2013
the police arested him to asertain how peaceful the demonstration will be?

we once has a peaceful demonstration last year january yet innocent nigerians lost their dear lifes.

we the north central made a mistake to join last year protest, we now realised it is a political game plan between the north
and west to dominate oil sector,

the only way we can join the protest is if we all are to protes against people like IBB,BUHARI,ATIKU,GOWON,ORJI KALU,TINUBU,OBJ etc,

if not i see it as northern and western game plan.
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by kettykings: 5:17am On Mar 10, 2013
Then the
moderator asked me, what I mean
by peaceful protest? Then I
responded by saying just like it
happened in Egypt. We can go to
Eagle Square together with General
Muhammad Buhari, Asiwaju Bola
Tinubu, Sardaunan of Kano Alh.
Ibrahim Shekarau and other

Why not apply the same rule when it comes to protesting against activities of Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 10, 2013
kettykings:

Why not apply the same rule when it comes to protesting against activities of Boko Haram
donr mind them.
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by miiraaj: 7:10am On Mar 10, 2013
masu: the police arested him to asertain how peaceful the demonstration will be?

we once has a peaceful demonstration last year january yet innocent nigerians lost their dear lifes.

we the north central made a mistake to join last year protest, we now realised it is a political game plan between the north
and west to dominate oil sector,

the only way we can join the protest is if we all are to protes against people like IBB,BUHARI,ATIKU,GOWON,ORJI KALU,TINUBU,OBJ etc,

if not i see it as northern and western game plan.

Shut up! These north central people are beginning to get on nerves. You guys are so foolish, confused and clueless that you don't even know where you stand. Your region produced Head of States for 18 yrs and you still cry foul! You have have for long been in control of the millitary, even during the reign of Abacha, and you still shout marginalisation. You are your own worst enemies as long as you continue to look at others as the cause of you despairs. You shall all continue to be arss lickers from now till eternity unless you know where you stand.

Iddiioooots. angry
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by miiraaj: 7:16am On Mar 10, 2013
take dat: When did exercising one's freedom of speech and calling for a peaceful protest without inciting imminent lawless action become a superhighway to harassment and police invitation? Obviously, PDP is unsettled by the rising profile of APC and are in a disoriented state. Therefore they have resorted into laying landmines, and all manner of blackmail and intimidation in order to suppress what will eventually overwhelm them! God pass them!

Very soon,Fashola will be arrested for closing down Ladipo market! gringringrin

Foolish PDP!
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2013
But y r all dis press people asking leading questions? Did they want the man to say "blood will flow". Haba!

1 Like

Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
miiraaj:

Shut up! These north central people are beginning to get on nerves. You guys are so foolish, confused and clueless that you don't even know where you stand. Your region produced Head of States for 18 yrs and you still cry foul! You have have for long been in control of the millitary, even during the reign of Abacha, and you still shout marginalisation. You are your own worst enemies as long as you continue to look at others as the cause of you despairs. You shall all continue to be arss lickers from now till eternity unless you know where you stand.

Iddiioooots. angry
Hmn. Good response.
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by teskyg: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
Blind followers.All this people will never lead any protest.Their family are safely far away in Dubal and Europe enjoying their loot while you foolishly listen to their sinister plot aimed @ enriching themselves further.

When the odds are down,they will flyout in the private jets to join their Families and leave you to your fate.

It is high time we carry our future in our hands and tell all this evil men,Buhari,Tinubu,Atiku,IBB and co to go to Hell.
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by kgbd(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2013
Pls what has happened to our freedom of speech? Just so obvious pdp is feeling the heat of the immenent fire that looms.
Re: Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police by Gbawe: 5:12am On Mar 11, 2013
When the PDP bragged it would "rule" for 60 years did anyone think they were seeking to remain in power by performing. This is only the beginning because a highly dictatorial, cluelessly power hungry President will do anything, however openly undemocratic, to remain in Aso Rock. The sad news for GEJ is that things are changing even for Nigeria that is one of the nations most resistive to change in the world. Simply trying to cheat, bully and intimidate everyone into submission won't work.

(1) (Reply)

A Serving Senator And Former Governor Gets N100m As Monthly Pension. / Catherine Acholonu To Rochas Okorocha / Nigeria Has 20 Billionaires Out Of The 55 Billionaires In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.