Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Imo Deputy Governor Resigns - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Deputy Governor Resigns (16733 Views)

Oregon Governor Resigns Over Corruption / Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor Resigns / Abia Deputy Governor Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by thirty(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
GOZILLA: Jude agbaso is innocent. This is a gang up against him. Rochas wants to disgrace him and his family name. We will see how dis patters out. But one thing I know is this- Rochas will pay for his treachery b4 his tenure runs out.
how are you sure it is a gang up?
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Symphony007: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
What's so wrong about this? Everyone does it. The deputy governour can resign rather than face impeachment and the governour gives him immunity and he goes free. That's what nixon/ford did!
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by mosesohu: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Governor and his cabinet shuld not accept the resignation letter from him. Let him face the consequence of being thief
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
asha 80: he was demanding ten percent kickbacks from contractors doind roads in imo.one he demanded from jpros construction co was confirmed.
10 percent, the $an na pastor ni, he should kuku set up a church.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Sweetapple007(f): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
I pray he shld resign, he is just a fortunate fool.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Qrisful: 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
meerkat: He's just been made a scapegoat, many commit worse crime and go scotfree. Men I hate politics, so dirty ese.
not under Rochas, if you commit a crime face it, I know jude very well he owns AGAD table water and pilgrim dry cleaner, was wanted in America for health fraud, never liked him to be IMO state deputy Governor but in Nigeria politics everything is possible, let him face the music, when he came on board he was singing that willy Amadi was using, 21 million Naira for monthly sanitation but he was using 3 million, now IMO is so dirty, let them deal with him
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Qrisful: 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
if you commit a crime face it, I know jude very well he owns AGAD table water and pilgrim dry cleaner, was wanted in America for health fraud, never liked him to be IMO state deputy Governor but in Nigeria politics everything is possible, let him face the music, when he came on board he was singing that willy Amadi was using, 21 million Naira for monthly sanitation but he was using 3 million, now IMO is so dirty, let them deal with him
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by eldoradoxx: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
~Bluetooth:

A young guy trying to hustle himself to riches after being motivated by the likes older politicians who have created a legacy of corruption and finally got caught in the intrigues of politics. . . . .sorry dude,I just pray your boss doesn't accept your resignation so that Efcc may deal with you accordingly and you will become a leading example for prospective thieving politicians.
There is nothing like rejecting resignation legally speaking. A resignation take effect immediately notice of it is communicated in writting to whom it is addressed and after that any impeachment proceeding terminates because u cannot impeach a man who has resigned from an office.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
What has he done both 4 good n 4 bad.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Fantacy1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Kx: As bad as it may seem, is this not d first deputy governor to resign his position in dis amnesty and chop and chop democracy?
No! He is not. Akwa Ibom State Dep Gov also did. Well am available 4 his replacement if only my pple wil buy in2 my vission
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Donnas: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Juda agbaso why do you want to disgrace Martin agbaso your mentor! Well nsima ekere resigned some time in january in fear of impeachment now you are next sorriooo! You are going to miss billions of naira bye.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Onyenna(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Let's wait and see......
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by imarena(f): 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Don't get it twisted, Okorocha is a scam!

1 Like

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by chiboyD: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
D deputy governor of my state,has NOT resigned! D MATTER,IS STILL ON-GOING
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by nwachinemel(m): 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
take dat: Pre-emptive measure to save face! He should be made to face charges of financial impropriety, and not a get away with a slap on the wrist of "just resign and we'll forget the matter ever happened!"
Maybe you should be the one to tell Owelle to take the log off his eye before attempting to take off another's.Financial Impropriety indeed,Owelle's case file grows by the day.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by kabaka1: 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
take dat: Pre-emptive measure to save face! He should be made to face charges of financial impropriety, and not a get away with a slap on the wrist of "just resign and we'll forget the matter ever happened!"

If he resigns, he should stll face the law.
Oooooh! Like say we don forget say him be one of naija's untouchable BIGMAN. ie no matter how much he loots, he'll still be shielded from prosecution as his fellow BIGMEN are always watching his back.

I sorry 4 Nigeria!!!
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by kabaka1: 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
valentino14: Nigeria is rily changing. He shud be impeached. Nd Efcc shud arrest him immediately until he provides d money.

Even if he provides d money, he should still be prosecuted in d court of law n if found guilty, he should spend some good time in prison n not just six months wey dem give Bola Ife
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
I'll admit I've not seen that kind of money before but lets face the fact; This is Politics, This is Nigeria and This is Imo State.. For a deputy governor, that amount <450m> is too small to be causing raised eyebrows. We know people at that level deal with much more cash than that without as much as a whisper from anyone. So I'll be patient to hear the real stem of their rift and hence, this trouble. I don't buy the probe/impeachment hullabaloo!
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by iota: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
meerkat: He's just been made a scapegoat, many commit worse crime and go scotfree. Men I hate politics, so dirty ese.
the fact remain is he guilty or not. This mentality that wen one is caught for wrong doing we politicise it should be discourage for nigeria to move forward.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Abagworo(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Politics is a dirty game. I believe the 10% story because a friend of mine has once had that issue but was told to settle with him without fuss. I also suspect other top Government officials could have been benefiting from the 10% but works commissioner/DG has always been the front man.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Odunnu: 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
GOZILLA: Jude agbaso is innocent. This is a gang up against him. Rochas wants to disgrace him and his family name. We will see how dis patters out. But one thing I know is this- Rochas will pay for his treachery b4 his tenure runs out.
Sharrap dia!
Nye nye nye nye nye nye are you a chattering bird?
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by rhymz(m): 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
Duru1: Unless the craps the news media in Owerre have been saying about Rochas Okorocha are falsehood, I have been meant to understand that Rochas Okorocha awards all the contracts in Imo State and rather judiciously too.
It is obvious you do not like the Man but please be objective with the way you criticize and paint untrue suggestive scenerios.
Mr Jude's calculated resignation actually shows that he is guilty of the accusations of graft leveled against him. Infact, prosecution is now as easier as he would have lost immunity and can now be arrested and investigated. I am presently in Owerri and I tell you this, even Owerri people support his removal. And for your information, he was the de facto commissioner for works, stop arguing if you do not have your facts biko.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Okeycima: 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Odunnu:
Sharrap dia!
Nye nye nye nye nye nye are you a chattering bird?
y u dey cause am abi wetin em talk no b so,well 4 ur information,it is a gang up against agbaso and his elder brother martin becos d refuse to follow rochas into apc rather they opted to remain in apga their by seeing dem as opposition becos d r siding peter obi,if u have any other tin in mind bring it on......we'll am LAUGHing at martin becos he fell 4 rochas tricks and he didn't check his past record
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by rhymz(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
AS the issue of whether the Imo State Deputy Governor,
Jude Agbaso, has resigned or not continues to make
round, Special Assistant to Governor Rochas Okorocha
on Media, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa, told The Guardian on
Friday in Owerri that no such letter has come to the
notice of the state government. In a chat, Uzoukwa also discountenanced the report by
a daily (not The Guardian) that the Secretary to the
state Government, Prof. Anthony Anwukah, was quoted
as confirming the resignation, as untrue, adding that
the SSG has denied such. “It is not to our knowledge that the deputy governor
has resigned, even the SSG said he did not grant any
press interview on such, ” he said. As at Thursday evening, Agbaso’s offices, sources told
The Guardian, was under lock and key with heavy
presence of security operatives. Trouble began when a petitioner and contractor
accused the deputy governor of demanding and
accepting gratification of about N458 million to award
contract for the execution of major roads going on in
the state. The deputy governor also represented his boss,
Okorocha at Umudim, National Youth Service Corps at
the swearing-in exercise of the current batch. On
return, unconfirmed rumours of his resignation began
to circulate Sources said the embattled Agbaso would address the
press between Friday and Saturday on the issue. Meanwhile the Imo Assembly members on Thursday
began the impeachment process formally following the
report of a six-man committee of the house headed by
Simeon Iwunze. The impeachment notice may have been served on
Agbaso. Majority Leader of the house, Mrs. Adaku
Ihuoma, (Ahiazu Mbaise), Deputy Speaker, Donatus
Ozoemena (Oru West), Luke Chukwu (Ohaji/Egbema),
Eudora Igwe (Ideato South), Emeka Offor (Ngor Opkala),
Ikechukwu Amuka (Ideato south), Dan Ndubuaku (Orlu), Acho Ihim (Okigwe), Victor Mere (Owerri Municipal) and
Ndunagu (Mbaitoli) signed. But issues unfolding indicate that forces loyal to both
the duo of the Governor of the state, Chief Rochas
Okorocha and Agbaso are busy pointing accusing
fingers to each other. Meanwhile the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) on
Thursday evening in a statement signed by Prince
Marshal Okafor-Anyanwu, accused the Presidency of
fuelling the plot to impeach Okorocha by allegedly
giving $50,000 each to 12 Imo Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) lawmakers to carry out the hatchet act. According to the statement made available to The
Guardian, the lawmakers allegedly met with the Special
Adviser the President on Political Matters and the duo of
the PDP’s Bamangar Tukur and Chief Tony Anineh, to
perfect plans to impeach Okorocha. Agbaso has been investigated by the House over a
petition of a contractor in the state that while the
deputy governor was doubling as the Commissioner for
Works, took gratification of about N458 million to
facilitate award of contract which its terms were
allegedly not carried out. The Speaker of the house, Chief Benjamin Uwajimogu, told journalists that the
house was on track by the investigation, adding that
due process was observed. Uwajimogu is being
rumoured of possible successor of Agbaso.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by asha80(m): 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
rhymz: It is obvious you do not like the Man but please be objective with the way you criticize and paint untrue suggestive scenerios.
Mr Jude's calculated resignation actually shows that he is innocent of the accusations of graft leveled against him. Infact, prosecution is now as easier as he would have lost immunity and can now be arrested and investigated. I am presently in Owerri and I tell you this, even Owerri people support his removal.
guy are you sure owerri people support his removal because i have hear someone else saying the same thing here.are you talking about average owerri person or the elite owerri people.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by rhymz(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Okeycima: y u dey cause am abi wetin em talk no b so,well 4 ur information,it is a gang up against agbaso and his elder brother martin becos d refuse to follow rochas into apc rather they opted to remain in apga their by seeing dem as opposition becos d r siding peter obi,if u have any other tin in mind bring it on......we'll am LAUGHing at martin becos he fell 4 rochas tricks and he didn't check his past record
your argument does not make any sense, who are the people investigating him, Rochas or the Imo State Legislature?
Which political party has a majority in the state's legisture, PDP, APGA or some phantom APC?
Guy abeg use your head take argue.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by rhymz(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
asha 80: guy are you sure owerri people support his removal because i have hear someone else saying the same thing here.are you talking about average owerri person or the elite owerri people.
Well, word on the street is that he got what he deserved. The guy does not seem to be anyone's darling, not even his own Owerri people.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by badesco(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
For an African Man to resign from a juicy position, incredible but true of Imo Deputy Gov. The man is truly a democrat.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by rhymz(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
imarena: Don't get it twisted, Okorocha is a scam!
A better scam than most state governors that pose as saints and stab you in the dark with a dagga. . .at least his work shows, yes he talks too much but not without action.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by rhymz(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
badesco: For an African Man to resign from a juicy position, incredible but true of Imo Deputy Gov. The man is truly a democrat.
Democrat my brown a$$, even Fashola will resign if he finds himself in such a precarious condition. .lol
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by asha80(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
jude has refuted that he has resigned.just watched channels tv news.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by ElCaballa(m): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
rhymz: It is obvious you do not like the Man but please be objective with the way you criticize and paint untrue suggestive scenerios.
Mr Jude's calculated resignation actually shows that he is guilty of the accusations of graft leveled against him. Infact, prosecution is now as easier as he would have lost immunity and can now be arrested and investigated. I am presently in Owerri and I tell you this, even Owerri people support his removal. And for your information, he was the de facto commissioner for works, stop arguing if you do not have your facts biko.
it is a fact too that you dont like Agbaso.Which imo people are supporting his removal.When did you conduct the opinion poll.Pls stop this keke napep mentality that has taken over imo state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari And Fg’s 20,000 Abandoned Projects- NEWSWATCH / Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) / JTF Arrests Immigration Officer Boko-Haram Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.