Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's (1075 Views)

Alleged $2bn Fraud: FG Asks Court To Revoke Dasuki’s Bail / Call Your Wife To Order, Group Warns Jonathan / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by sadlerrr: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2013
Here are his statements on the issue

“We must sound it clear to our brother, Jonathan, that if he fails to do something about it, we shall take our destiny on our own hands,” he said.
“It’s not a threat, but a warning to our brothers to act fast.” According to the leader of the Niger/Delta Peoples Volunteers Force, the revelation has justified the reason behind the restiveness in the Niger Delta.
Asari said: “Can you now see what we have been fighting for? We own the oil and we are suffering for it. Is it a curse to have oil in our land?

Now, you see why these Northerners want to die in power. The oil we have is being controlled by them. Is that not funny?”See, let me tell you, if Jonathan fails to revoke the licences, we will take our destiny in our hands. We will not sleep any more for people to take what belongs to us. Nigerians must stand to resist a set of cabals that turned our country to their personal empire.

“One single person is richer than Nigeria. They are sucking our blood. Our land is being destroyed every day. No water, we can’t fish anymore; the land is polluted. Yet, none of our people in the Niger/Delta controlls an oil bloc” he fumed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They say that the love of money is the root of evil. No where else is this statement as exemplified like in Nigeria.
Your thoughts?

http://www.eventjara.com/blogs/news-features/item/niger-delta-oil-is-the-reason-northerners-want-to-die-in-power-asari
http://www.eventjara.com/blogs/news-features/item/niger-delta-oil-is-the-reason-northerners-want-to-die-in-power-asari
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by nke001: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
If this individual ownership of oil well is not revoked then GEJ is to be held accountable for all the suffering the people of Niger Delta is facing...

Oh come on, I cant believe my eyes when I visited these areas:
bad road
polluted water
chinalized air
unemployment...

OMG

Bleeping GEJ and SOUTHERN POLITIANS ONCE AGAIN.
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by Itoroetti(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Asari is correct.how many ss people owns groundnut plantaintion in d north?d must be a change or...
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by M17: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
shocked
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by Rossikk(m): 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
To be honest you have to wonder at the very audacity of a situation where one Nigerian can just ''OWN'' an oil block worth billions of dollars. Someone like Danjuma, purely based on his being a former military officer, owns an oil block worth untold billions. That's got to change.
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by deshclones(m): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
I support asari on this...its only someone that has not been to the hinterlands in ND dat will scatter yarn opata on this thread...those guys are suffering...no light,no gd roads..its dat bad that bonny is yet to get a linking bridge...bad water..deep rooted poverty etc..its a shame...d north has played us all for so long..things just gats to change..
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by takedat(m): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by Bobandgreat: 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am of the opinion that the whole allocation be revoked and equity emplyed in sharing these blocks with the sole purpose of beneficiaries developing their communities...... I dont support Asari making the call though. Some genuine demands loose their credibility when made from certain individuals. @Op next time choose a better leader's comment when presenting a genuine demand. I am sure Asari is not the only one that is calling for the withdrawal of these licences.
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by Demdem(m): 11:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
Rubbish talk. Ffuck Aboki, but what about those oil blocks controlled by westerners, middle belt and even SE?
Besides we are talking about less than 10% of total Nigerian production. As it is now, the SS is currently in charge and control of the bulk of oil wells in full collaboration with their JV or PSC partners.
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by Eziachi: 1:00am On Mar 11, 2013
M-16:
Please JONA bring all our oil well back .Again my president and my lord Jonathan you have the chance . ALL OUR OIL WELL SHOULD BE RETRIEVE BACK AS SOON POSSIBLE .LET THE NORTHERNERS AND WESTERNERS STAY CLEAR OFF FROM OUR ANCESTOR LAND . OIL WELL BACK IN FULL

NIGER DELTA OIL WELLS BELONG TO US ,AT THE SAME LAND OUR ANCESTORS HAS FARMED AND FISHED THOUSANDS OF YEARS TILL TODAY .
LEAVE OUR ANCESTRAL LAND FOR NIGER DELTA
It was the same gain from the oil bloc that they used to put him into Aso Rock, so if you are waiting for him to do your kind of bidding, I am afraid, you might have to wait forever.
Nigeria is PLC with main shareholders drawn from all over her-once they become a member they forget all the ranting.
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by Eziachi: 1:05am On Mar 11, 2013
Rossikk: To be honest you have to wonder at the very audacity of a situation where one Nigerian can just ''OWN'' an oil block worth billions of dollars. Someone like Danjuma, purely based on his being a former military officer, owns an oil block worth untold billions. That's got to change.
And who is going to change it? Jonathan? Dream on.
I thought Danjuma is one if his selected wise men?
Re: Asari Warns Jonathan To Revoke Oil Block Licences To Northerner's by tomakint: 2:03am On Mar 11, 2013
Nigeria is structured in such a way that you are almost concluding that if the leaders have any developmental plan for her citizens undecided the good news is that 'the once upon a time mighty north' is fast becoming a spent force! Definitelty, Jonathan will revoke those licences come 2015 which will lead to the much anticipated political paradigm shift in the political history of this country! I support Asari on this cool

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo;s Have Begun To Prepare For Another Un Avoidable War. / The Baboon & The Monkey Will Both Be Soaked In Blood! Who Said This & To Whom? / Governor Okorocha's Aide Is A Beneficiary Of The Missing N458m - Agbaso's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.