Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 (59014 Views)

Worst Dressed Celebrities At Headies Award 2014 / Top 10 Worst Dressed Celebrities In Nigeria / Nigeria's 5 Worst Dressed Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Ukeme8: 9:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Karen dey dress like prostitute now. She no dey shame
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Genevieve got worst dressed because she "showed her breast"(there is not much to see or was showing) undecided. Hmmm there are more important things out there to worry abt then such a trivial or stupid matter. I hail Naija
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ypzilanti: 9:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
violent:

Nor mind them jor. The same people would have considered this "cultural" and acceptable.

It is all about context. The cultural ceremony is what it is: a cultural ceremony. If it was Karen in a swim suit at a pool party, only a prude would talk rubbish. Also, remember that this red carpet event was not age restricted. How would you like to take your little boy to the show and then get introduced to Genny who he has always idolized in that outfit? Think about that.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by markingday(m): 9:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
How many of you constantly wear your native attires? What types of music do you listen? What types of movies do you watch? Do you have a Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo console, Vita, etc? Do you have cellphones? How many of you will instantly abandon Nigeria for the USA or the UK if the opportunity arrives? How many of you speak your native language articulately? How many of you can write better in your native language than you can in the English language?

Why don't you just abandon everything Western and stick to your beloved African traditions? Since when does society dictate to a woman what or not to wear?

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by livebullet(m): 10:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]

what is dis 1 saying...cos ur a star doesnt mean u shud b naked...dis is Afrika bro, incase u lost cnt remember ur location. We aint Halle berry berry or Beyond-sea.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by datbay(m): 10:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
I just hope our so called "celebrities"will not walk naked one day.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
Good; at least we both agree on your quote below...
A-ZeD:

PS: I'm not saying the two ladies were dressed "appropriately",

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Take a look again at her dress and tell me it's horrible.

In a nation where teenage boys are molesting their junior sister to death, a woman is murdering her daughter-in-law, terrorists are executing foreigners, and cult killings are on the rise, we need a rethink about this thing we call "morals" or "values". Nigerian society isn't what moral-preachers bloat it to be. Genevieve's dress is the least of my worries in terms of "negative influence".[/size]

So because "teenage boys are molesting their junior sister to death and a woman is murdering her daughter in law", we should not condemn something else that is indecent?? believe it or not, indecent dressing has caused and will still cause a lot of harm to the society. You are entitled to your opinion tho, but that will never change the truth.

& aspar your 1st post here, can you kindly show us someone who applauded a similiar dress on "Halle berry, Jennifer lopez" or some other western celebrity and is now here to condemn it on Genny?

This attitude of "its his/her life, its not my business", "dont criticize this coz there are other worse things" e.t.c will not push us towards progress. We need to look out for the other person, support ourselves in good, caution ourselves when necessary and criticize ourselves when necessary. The Mind My Business attitude is not paying us at all coz collectively, we all make up the society.

Ogugua, assuming you are a mother of a 15 year old and you were both present at the awards last night (you took your daughter along coz she's a huge fan of Genevieve), now your daughter sees thatdress and says to you "Mommy, can you please buy me that exact gown so i can wear it to my friend's birthday dinner next week?" What wil be your answer? Will you buy her the gown or not?

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
I don't like what they are wearing because i don't think it suits them but abeg enough with this is Africa and we have a sense of decency talk. Our forefathers were naked and i don't think that makes them indecent, in fact if you remember correctly we were created naked and it was only sin that made us start been ashamed of our unclothedness. We only started wearing clothes because the white man told us it was uncivilized not to so abeg unclothedness is a big part of African culture.Please what exactly is moral about Africa sef, is it the corruption? terrorism or what? A continent full of some of the worst evils against each other and we are always quick to say how we are decent and moral...hisss.The problem with us is we always focus on appearing "decent" on the outside while the inside is full of evil!
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ypzilanti: 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
violent:

Nor mind them jor. The same people would have considered this "cultural" and acceptable.

It is all about context. The cultural ceremony you pictured is what it is: a cultural ceremony. If it was Karen in a swim suit at a pool party, only a prude would talk rubbish. Also, remember that this red carpet event was not age restricted. How would you like to take your little boy to the show and then get introduced to Genny who he has always idolized in that outfit? Think about that.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
ItsModella:
LMAO!!! so much for the "we are Africans and we have a culture to respect"..

what culture? like these folks are not Africans...mschew!!

In ancient African culture, people went about unclothed, bare assed, stark näked...so I don't know where all that "we are African" yarn is coming from.

That was before civillization. Orientation later changed. People eventually saw the need to cover their nud.i.t.y. God commands that we cover our nud.i.t..y. Common sense dictates that we cover our n.u.d.i.ty. So now are we to applaud Genevieve and co as they take us take us back to the era of uncivillization

can you post pics of how your grandparents used to dress & tell me if it has any semblance to the one above

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nice booob job! Btw I me like it
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by zenatta: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
markingday: Since when does society dictate to a woman what or not to wear?

...that very moment Nigeria's Sweetheart, Queen Genevieve ran to some two-bit boutique to change into that monstrous canary-yellow ill-fitting clothes.

Thing this, Genevieve knew, more than all in favour of her white evening gown here, that it was unacceptable. She was just testing the waters. Even the outrageous Denrele was aghast. Let's face it we are Africans and there are certain lines we cannot cross.

I salute her sensibility and humility for changing into another outfit. She's still my babe and let's stop thrashing her already - she knew we would, notice the raw fear in her eyes.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by mayenprety(f): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Genevieve suppose don big pass this kind dressing
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Don't lead an "immoral" life and then preach morality. The same way men brag of sleeping with numerous women and dreaming of a virgin wife in the romance section is how people oogle over perky, sexy westerners and then preach morals here.

I used to blame celebrities for not being better role models, until I had a discussion with one from Congo. Then, I learned that I needed to start keeping quiet. He said that a lot of celebrities didn't go into their industries to be role models. A lot of them are people doing what they love and are criticized for every choice they make. If I become famous, I certainly don't want anyone copying me as I'm not perfect. It's a shame that Genny is alongside Karen Igho, a former stripper who enjoys being naked. I'm sure Genevieve's intent wasn't to get people talking the wrong way. She probably saw an outfit she adored and wore it. The problem is that she's a Nigerian from Nigeria, the land of hypocrisy.[/size]

1st bolded, EVERY CHOICE they make? seriously? Do we have to go all generalizing now? Just coz we said what whe wore to an event was not decent? relax.

2nd bolded, you just indicted yourself going by the 1st bolded. Why is it a "shame" that Genny is with Karen? Is Karen some sort of lesser being coz she is / WAS a stripper? Oh, i guess being a stripper and dressing indecently are totally unrelated right? I'm not supporting karen but simply commenting based on what you've saying. Funny you mentioned the word "hypocrisy" in this same post.

3rd bolded, So where exactly isn't the land of hypocrisy? Is it the countries that support gay marriage but condemn polygamy? or the countries that claim to be fighting terror yet unleash terror on other countries??

6 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ypzilanti: 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am not a prude, I just think that the dresses are not inappropriate for the event. It is not an age restricted event or show. Even USA (NBC) had dressing guidelines for the last grammy awards, so as not to offend viewers. IF genny wore that outfit for a night of clubbing, I would not think it was inappropriate. A musician that wants to sell sex along with her music can also wear such to her concerts-at least I would understand the context. This one was a serious fail...and she recognized it and changed sharp sharp. Who knows, maybe the organizers whispered into her ear.[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Ishilove: 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]
Nay, I disagree strongly. I don't give a flying fucck if it's Halle Berry, J-lo, Genevieve or Iya Basirat wearing these kind of clothes. The fact is this kind of dressing is very disgusting and very shameful.

I'd rather see the quality of their grey matter than the colour of their bre.asts.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Nay, I disagree strongly. I don't give a flying fucck if it's Halle Berry, J-lo, Genevieve or Iya Basirat wearing these kind of clothes. The fact is this kind of dressing is very disgusting and very shameful.

I'd rather see the quality of their grey matter than the colour of their bre.asts.

Correct jor.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Ishilove: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
Find Out!:

Correct jor.
My brother, that is why I hardly watch TV these days. We live in a se.xual generation and everywhere one looks, one finds s.ex staring at one in the face. Just because society doesn't frown on it does not make it right.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by xoctic: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Abeg dem no try joor,especially karen she de lik who de kolo cos na only mad pple dress she knw hw 2 wear. 4 jenny I 4giv her cos she realised her mistak though her dress Cute wit class o bt just dat bobby part na it spoil her outfit
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by zenatta: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Could someone please explain to me what @Ogugua88 is on about. Is she for Genevieve's scandalous dress or against it or for and against it or for, for or for, against for... I could go on.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by funmemezy: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
On a gud day if dem pikin wear dis kind tin wetin dem go talk? Even a blind man knws dis is soo soo indecent. Why not seperat d dowm part too lik d upper part.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Dibiachukwu: 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
Genevive looks sexy as usual tongue
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by funmemezy: 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
But tel me how wil dey b comfortabl in dis tin dey cal dress?no wonder genevivie had to change to somtin more comfy. Did she looz her brain bfore?
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
zenatta: Could someone please explain to me what @Ogugua88 is on about. Is she for Genevieve's scandalous dress or against it or for and against it or for, for or for, against for... I could go on.

Lol. Like i said not too long ago on a thread dealing with a similiar issue, she's FRAGAINST grin
I may be wrong but i think she's against it but she thinks she's not supposed to be against it since in her view there are more important things to be against apparently undecided
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
Movingcoil: i pray ur child, ur mum or ur sis wear somtn like dz 2 ur burial

Dafuq undecided
Dude, why evils? undecided undecided so much hatred in you...why? cry cry
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Dibiachukwu: 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]I never praise anyone not wearing a see through dress or not leaving enough cleavage for me to see.....do you know how long i have wanted to see genevieve's b oobs.
At least i can use this one for one week. Abeg make i go buy vaseline..... shocked[/size]
My brother take am suffery. You go wound oh cheesy
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
zenatta: Could someone please explain to me what @Ogugua88 is on about. Is she for Genevieve's scandalous dress or against it or for and against it or for, for or for, against for... I could go on.
grin
grin grin grin
U no well...
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:
My brother, that is why I hardly watch TV these days. We live in a se.xual generation and everywhere one looks, one finds s.ex staring at one in the face. Just because society doesn't frown on it does not make it right.

Seriously, its sad. We are all not perfect and we can never be. but that should not stop us from condemning what is wrong. Everything is all about flesh and se.x and guns, se.xu.al & non-se.xu.al crimes are increasing, morals are deteriorating, those who dare to speak out and call for a change are told to mind their business that its a free world, forgetting that damage is being done to the society via these indecencies & it is every member of the society's responsibility to safeguard it.

There will always be those who will refuse to conform, who will know what exactly their business that they should mind is and isn't & who will still be able to draw a distinct line between civilization and sheer stu.pidity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tboss Steps Out In Revealing Outfit / Olajumoke Orisaguana And Husband Eating Eba And Ogbono Soup (Photo) / Tiwa Savage Steps Out In Bra Top (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.