Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 (59013 Views)

Worst Dressed Celebrities At Headies Award 2014 / Top 10 Worst Dressed Celebrities In Nigeria / Nigeria's 5 Worst Dressed Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ifedun2: 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
Genny is a beauty anyday!I love her smile.As to the white dress,na mistake.Genny,your sin is forgiven-go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Sogo10: 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
What is inside an old woman breast.even if she unbutton her dress,what is bad there.dere is too much heat around nowadays.let dem open d tin and let fresh air enter d tin.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by zenatta: 11:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
Find Out!:

Lol. Like i said not too long ago on a thread dealing with a similiar issue, she's FRAGAINST grin
I may be wrong but i think she's against it but she thinks she's not supposed to be against it since in her view there are more important things to be against apparently undecided

FRAGAINST, wow, you may have just populated the dictionary. Thanks for clarifying. For a moment, I thought she was eating her words. Thanks for letting me know she is against herself, for being for, what she should be against but is not against. Very clear I tell you.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by tpia5: 11:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
what award ceremony is this anyway?

is it a new one?
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
zenatta:

FRAGAINST, wow, you may have just populated the dictionary. Thanks for clarifying. For a moment, I thought she was eating her words. Thanks for letting me know she is against herself, for being for, what she should be against but is not against. Very clear I tell you.

LOOOL. That was just my opinion o. it'll be best if she responds herself.

[s]She's really intelligent and all but on top some kain issues, she dey disappoint me sha. But then, we no fit gree on every anyway.[/s]
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Maximus85(m): 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Agbalumo Breast Vs Plastic Breast. Plus this Karen gurl is so ugly. And Genevieve to me has never been a 100% natural actress. My opinion o! No beef!
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by zenatta: 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
tchidi:
grin
grin grin grin
U no well...

Would you blame me! I kept going in circles with her posts. I kinda understand it now - take a stand, cower behind a screen when the bullets start coming, push that stand aside and become an activist or own an ngo while using the stand as a prop. So illuminating!
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by basisop(m): 11:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
A-ZeD:
Those who say its not African to show b.west should please tell me if Africans invented cloths?

PS: I think they should cover up

Let's go back to the days of Adam and Eve. If that is the case.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Godogwu: 11:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
Strauskhan1: Ogugua, you surprised me with your comment. I least expected that from you! Tell me, what lesson does she want those who look up to her to learn? Xpose YOUR b*SS*ms??

I don't get how its anybody's buisness though, saw pictures of people who dressed way worse than the both of them. Frankly i find nothing wrong with Genevieve's white outfit, the yellow one suited her better nevertheless.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by buchai: 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
"Shame no catch person way dey expose yash na person way dey look nahim shame come dey catch". But my people make we comot monkey hand inside pot of soup before i go turn to humanbeing hand.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by samuelwillams: 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
Sluts, no b d babe wey de say mallam atiku screw for yansh,wetin una expect b4
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Melikam(m): 11:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm
it is unAfrica.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Kc0022000(m): 12:10am On Mar 11, 2013
I dont see anything wrong with the dress...na today we dey see breast grin
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by tpia5: 12:13am On Mar 11, 2013
abi o, first rule of showbiz, any publicity is good publicity, the customer [consumer] is not always right.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by topaz4: 12:23am On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by obowunmi(m): 12:27am On Mar 11, 2013
hoping to attract some politicians. They like breasts.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by coogar: 12:31am On Mar 11, 2013
gistyinka: Various celebrity attend yesterday for Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards which was held at Eko and Suites hotel in Lagos, Nigeria. Several celebrity from African and Nigeria rock the red carpet yesterday at Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.

Former Big Brother Winner, Karen Igho and nollyhood actress Genevieve Nnaji was voted as Worst Dressed Celebrities among other celebrity with decent dress yesterday.

The duo of them show their fans V- dresses that exposed their breasts.

What is your take about the indecent dress among Nigeria celebrity and Nigeria ladies...

http://www.gistyinka.com/2013/03/worst-celebrity-dress-at-africa-magic.html

you must come from a village!
genevieve's dress was absolutely perfect - what's wrong with it and what exactly did she show that is getting your knickers in a twist? it's an award night, that is the way ladies are meant to kill it. what were you expecting? you want her to wear raincoat?

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by fydence: 12:35am On Mar 11, 2013
I dont know why Karen makes me want to believe the Evolution Theory, she kinda reminds me of a movie: 'Planet of the Apes'
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by bizlinks(m): 12:48am On Mar 11, 2013
I love genny and her dress, its ok but karen is off cos its the V is much
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by volcanoash(f): 1:33am On Mar 11, 2013
Genevieve: Wardrobe malfunction. Karen: can't say.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by mach3: 1:39am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]

As my people would say "were dun wo, ko se bi lomo" crudely translated as "we are enthralled/fascinated by the antics of a mad man but we pray for our progeny not to run mad". Let them Halle Berry wear them not our children biko.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by mamagee3(f): 1:50am On Mar 11, 2013
Karen Igho is awful at everything. . .

Genevieve Nnaji just has her bad days
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by tucute: 2:05am On Mar 11, 2013
The point remains that Genevieve isn't known for this kind of half naked dressing...Seriously if it were to be Cossy Ojiakor wearing just a g string to the event, I wont even say a word because that's the life style and mode of dressing she has adopted ever since...So for me ,Genevieve should have known better than dress how she dressed...there are very many sexy and gorgeous yet decent dinner gowns or evening gowns to choose from for that event...I strongly feel she was felt she could overly copy the western world and woo the crowd but little did she know that in Africa, decency in dressing supersedes indecent dressing....
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by trolling(m): 3:05am On Mar 11, 2013
bible talk say "the unjust knows no shame"
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Ishilove: 3:39am On Mar 11, 2013
Find Out!:

Seriously, its sad. We are all not perfect and we can never be. but that should not stop us from condemning what is wrong. Everything is all about flesh and se.x and guns, se.xu.al & non-se.xu.al crimes are increasing, morals are deteriorating, those who dare to speak out and call for a change are told to mind their business that its a free world, forgetting that damage is being done to the society via these indecencies & it is every member of the society's responsibility to safeguard it.

There will always be those who will refuse to conform, who will know what exactly their business that they should mind is and isn't & who will still be able to draw a distinct line between civilization and sheer stu.pidity.
A 1000 likes

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by tunapawizzy: 3:49am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]
from ur comment its obvious u see her dress as not wrong because she is a nigerian
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by OCcool: 4:01am On Mar 11, 2013
How does dis pics affect d price of GARRI in Afghanistan huh?
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by tunapawizzy: 4:09am On Mar 11, 2013
ItsModella: Genevieve can get away with that look cos her böobs are small but Karen's own is another issue, so fake and big and very plasticky.
Chei all of una disciples of Gene sha, u peepu r so loyal to dt babe. She looks more trashy, with that slippers breast like a cheap street biatch. I still luv her though, much more charismatic dan others. And actually expecting decency from Karen is asking for too much, its Cossy wanna-be we talking about here
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by tunapawizzy: 4:17am On Mar 11, 2013
obowunmi: hoping to attract some politicians. They like breasts.
Those slippers bossoms on her chest wnt even attract a local govt councillor
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 11, 2013
Find Out!:
So because "teenage boys are molesting their junior sister to death and a woman is murdering her daughter in law", we should not condemn something else that is indecent?? believe it or not, indecent dressing has caused and will still cause a lot of harm to the society. You are entitled to your opinion tho, but that will never change the truth.

& aspar your 1st post here, can you kindly show us someone who applauded a similiar dress on "Halle berry, Jennifer lopez" or some other western celebrity and is now here to condemn it on Genny?

This attitude of "its his/her life, its not my business", "dont criticize this coz there are other worse things" e.t.c will not push us towards progress. We need to look out for the other person, support ourselves in good, caution ourselves when necessary and criticize ourselves when necessary. The Mind My Business attitude is not paying us at all coz collectively, we all make up the society.

Ogugua, assuming you are a mother of a 15 year old and you were both present at the awards last night (you took your daughter along coz she's a huge fan of Genevieve), now your daughter sees that dress and says to you "Mommy, can you please buy me that exact gown so i can wear it to my friend's birthday dinner next week?" What wil be your answer? Will you buy her the gown or not?

[size=13pt]You. Lol.

The truth is that this isn't indecent. Not in my opinion anyway. I made sure to say "negative influence" with quotations. By the way, what you said is not the truth. It's your opinion.

No, I will not show you anyone who hailed Halle Berry and criticized Genevieve Nnaji. I don't put people on blast. Let's not turn this discussion into a war.

Sure what you're saying may not push us towards progress, but I fail to see how Genevieve Nnaji's dress is pushing us towards regression.

You asked bad questions. As I'm Nigerian though, I'll answer your questions with questions.

1. Is the gown Genevieve wore appropriate for a birthday party?
2. Is Genevieve Nnaji a teenager?

I'll answer number two for you: no, Genevieve Nnaji is not a teenager. She is a fully grown woman in her 30s. This leads me to question number three:

3. Why should my hypothetical 15-year-old daughter be wearing gowns meant for fully developed women? Surely there are outfits for her in the junior/petite section that will fit her body better.[/size]
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 11, 2013
Find Out!:
1st bolded, EVERY CHOICE they make? seriously? Do we have to go all generalizing now? Just coz we said what whe wore to an event was not decent? relax.

2nd bolded, you just indicted yourself going by the 1st bolded. Why is it a "shame" that Genny is with Karen? Is Karen some sort of lesser being coz she is / WAS a stripper? Oh, i guess being a stripper and dressing indecently are totally unrelated right? I'm not supporting karen but simply commenting based on what you've saying. Funny you mentioned the word "hypocrisy" in this same post.

3rd bolded, So where exactly isn't the land of hypocrisy? Is it the countries that support gay marriage but condemn polygamy? or the countries that claim to be fighting terror yet unleash terror on other countries??

[size=13pt]Yes, every choice. That is not a generalization. Or maybe you can give me an example of a move or action performed by any celebrity that was not met with criticism by the masses. Go check the Rita Dominic thread. She covered her chest. The only things exposed were her arms, face, and neck. People are beefing her because her microscopic nips were pointing from her dress and she's not married. 2 Face got married, not to a virgin, not to a stranger, but to Annie Macauley, one of the women who bore a child for him. People are still complaining. You should know by now that anyone will have anything to say about another human being. That's how the world works unfortunately.

I didn't indict myself. Karen isn't a lesser being. She simply hasn't changed much from who she was in the UK. She isn't someone whom I'd call classy. Most of the time she's in the limelight for the wrong reasons. She's unclad to keep people talking about her. Her dress is ugly, in my opinion, because of the gross rumply bottom and the shoulders. She was trying to be sexy by flaunting her own bosoms but it's not appealing at all to me. Her dress is more like a costume. The rest of Genny's dress compensates for the modest skin she showed.

The US has its own share of hypocrisy. I never said it didn't. I can go on all day about US hypocrisy and that of anywhere else in the world for that matter. We're not discussing the US though. We're discussing Nigeria and its selective morals.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tboss Steps Out In Revealing Outfit / Olajumoke Orisaguana And Husband Eating Eba And Ogbono Soup (Photo) / Tiwa Savage Steps Out In Bra Top (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.