Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. (3203 Views)

Are LDS (mormons) Freemasons? / Thread For Mormons / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by Jsmyth(m): 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2013
truthislight:

Guy, why not go to the Mod thread and ask how to quote aspects of posters post?

As you can see, i could not really address(quote) or fully comprehend your reply to me as it all appeared quoted.

Better still, remove the part of my post and post yours directly so that your post will be clearer pending when you master how to quote aspect or other posters post.

Peace

If that is a sincere advice and not an insult, thank you...I apologize for not being clear, but I implore you, if you take time to read the post, you'll pick out my replies to your to earlier comment....anywaiz, i'll try 2 modify it.
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by truthislight: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
Jsmyth:

If that is a sincere advice and not an insult, thank you...

what is the value of my insulting you when you have not done any thing to call for it?

Jsmyth:

I apologize for not being clear, but I implore you, if you take time to read the post, you'll pick out my replies to your to earlier comment....anywaiz, i'll try 2 modify it.

ok.
This is the way to quote in parts,
see below:
From your post up there that i splitted in two, i will alter it so that it shows you what and how it is done:

[quote author=Jsmyth]

If that is a sincere advice and not an insult, thank you...
[/quote ]

what is the value of my insulting you when you have not done any thing to call for it?

[quote author=Jsmyth]

I apologize for not being clear, but I implore you, if you take time to read the post, you'll pick out my replies to your to earlier comment....anywaiz, i'll try 2 modify it. [/quote ]

see ^^^.
take not of the up and down of your comment how i inserted your comment between the quotes.

After the up and down quotes of your comment, i place my comment under it.
Peace.
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by Jsmyth(m): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
earliar post now modified @truthislight
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by truthislight: 12:28am On Mar 15, 2013
Jsmyth:

The Bible never said anything about creating animals in his own image....The animals like chimps were created for their own purpose whatever it may be.....God deals with Man(his children) that he created in his own image.

but you said we are in God's image because of our form as humans?

I was only telling you that the form that human have, chimps also have, animal also have it. Two hands, two legs, shape etc, are they also in the image of God?

My idea of "in God's image" is in the quality that God has as in Justice, love, freewill, intelligence. Etc.

Jsmyth:

We do not believe in trinity, trinity says that the 3 Gods are 1person.......we teach that they are 3 separate beings united in 1 purpose.

the word trinity is not in the bible.
But you express the idea of one of the varian.

you have the idea of trinity in the intruduction of your book of Mormon by James smith or so.

Check well, trinity has many varian, including your own.

Jsmyth:

The Book of Mormon - another testament of Jesus Christ which is found only in our church.

is that ^ not your own opinion(Mormon)?

Your words!
You are entitle to your own opinion though.

Jsmyth:

The Book of Mormon testifies of the bible to be true and the Bible testifies of the Book of Mormon to be true...

lol. You wish the bible to say what it does not say.

Lol about "sticks".
Cool down guy.

Read the bible well, they say different things.

Jsmyth:

Together, they provide the fullness of the Gospel......

lol. You only need the bible to proof your book of Mormon, once anybody takes you seriously you will denied the bible that it is wrong.

Jsmyth:

This is what we have that other Christian dominations don't have.

so, only the bible cannot saved right? Then, the apostle of Jesus may have deceived the majority of mankind.
Expercialy the once that have died in the past 1700yrs or so befor the book of Mormon.

Jesus christ have deceived all of these ^ people, since he did not "produce the book of Mormon" on time.

But the book of Mormon contradic the bible. No?

Jsmyth:

I never said anything about trinity or it being a Bible based teaching.

Jsmyth:

Yes!....he(Son) is the second in the Godhead while God(Father) is the head. Jesus Christ is [a]God.

lol. Is that ^ tutulogy?

Pls. Explain.

Jsmyth:

I hope you agree with me that Jesus Christ even when he had ressurrected had an immortal glorified body

Jesus is not almighty God that has no beginning.

We are talking about God almighty. We have seen christ but "No man have/can see God almighty".

Jsmyth:

of flesh and bone.....He told Thomas(coz he tot Jesus was a spirit) touch me, feel my hands, he ate and dined with them and told them that he is not a spirit for a spirit hath no flesh were it not so he would not av eaten with them.....(John 14 : 9) says ...HE THAT HATH SEEN ME, HATH SEEN THE FATHER, and how sayest thou then, shew us the Father.......(2Cor 4 : 4) ...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.......(Philip. 2 : 5-6) let this mind be in you, which was also Christ Jesus ; who being in the form of God.......(Col 1 : 15) ...who(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God...............( Heb 1 : 3) who(Jesus) being in the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person(God)...................many other scriptures tell us that Man was created in God's image, his form, ressemblance....which means that God has a body just like Man.......(James 3 : 9) therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.......(1Tim 3 : 16) ...God was manifest in the flesh ; justified ain the spirit.........I haven't included Book of Mormon scripture passages which testifies of and affirms and adds more knowledge to what the Bible has said alread, since am pretty sure you will outrightly condemn......

Beware of self deceit.
The bible can be quoted to support any thing, but it does not mean it will scale through Genesis to Revelation.

The bible is a different book from the book of Mormon and the quran.

And they teach completely different things.
Peace.
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by Jsmyth(m): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
Well truthislight, av given you passages in the Bible that support my claim of the eternal nature of God, I haven't added the Book of Mormon o which also supports what the Bible is saying, since you would just discredit it, yet you say they teach different things and you said something about self deceit....I don't want to go into much details sha but am challenging you today to try and get a copy of the Book of Mormon and read for yourself ; if you don't find any atom of truth in it, forget it and the church.......

For clarification, we don't believe in/teach trinity.....we call it GODHEAD which I explained earlier on.

Also, we believe the BIBLE very well to be the word of GOD as well as THE BOOK OF MORMON.
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by truthislight: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
Jsmyth: Well truthislight, av given you passages in the Bible that support my claim of the eternal nature of God, I haven't added the Book of Mormon o which also supports what the Bible is saying, since you would just discredit it, yet you say they teach different things and you said something about self deceit....I don't want to go into much details sha but am challenging you today to try and get a copy of the Book of Mormon and read for yourself ; if you don't find any atom of truth in it, forget it and the church.......

For clarification, we don't believe in/teach trinity.....we call it GODHEAD which I explained earlier on.

Also, we believe the BIBLE very well to be the word of GOD as well as THE BOOK OF MORMON.

as you wish!

By there fruit you will know them.

Even Olumba Olumba says he is God(the comforter) Holy spirit.

And people see him, believed him and worship him, so, you are free to claim whatever you wish.

Your bone and flesh god is seen you say and yet you worship him.

(John 4:24).
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. " (John 4:24).

That ^ is what the God of the bible is, your bone and flash god, na you sabi!

What about your belief in the immortal soul?
Care to explain that?
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by truthislight: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
This is 2nd to the last post i gave as a reply up there, i just notice that it was not clear so i corrected it and reposted it here:

Jsmyth:

The Bible never said anything about creating animals in his own image....The animals like chimps were created for their own purpose whatever it may be.....God deals with Man(his children) that he created in his own image.

but you said we are in God's image because of our form as humans?

I was only telling you that the form that humans have, chimps also have, animal also have it. Two hands, two legs, shape etc, are they also in the image of God?

My idea of "in God's image" is in the quality that God has as in Justice, love, freewill, intelligence. Etc.

Jsmyth:

We do not believe in trinity, trinity says that the 3 Gods are 1person.......we teach that they are 3 separate beings united in 1 purpose.

the word trinity is not in the bible.
But you express the idea of one of the varian.

you have the idea of trinity in the intruduction of your book of Mormon by Joseph smith or so.

Check well, trinity has many varian, including your own. Yours is just another version.

Jsmyth:

The Book of Mormon - another testament of Jesus Christ which is found only in our church.

is that ^ not your own opinion(Mormon)?

Your words!
You are entitle to your own opinion though.

Jsmyth:

The Book of Mormon testifies of the bible to be true and the Bible testifies of the Book of Mormon to be true...

lol. You wish the bible to say what it does not say.

Lol about "sticks".
Cool down guy.

Read the bible well, they say different things.

Jsmyth:

Together, they provide the fullness of the Gospel......

lol. You only need the bible to proof your book of Mormon, once anybody takes you seriously you will denied the bible that it is wrong.

Jsmyth:

This is what we have that other Christian dominations don't have.

so, only the bible cannot saved right? Then, the apostle of Jesus may have deceived the majority of mankind.
Expercialy the once that have died in the past 1700yrs or so befor the book of Mormon.

Jesus christ have deceived all of these ^ people, since he did not "produce the book of Mormon" on time.

But the book of Mormon contradic the bible. No?

Jsmyth:

I never said anything about trinity or it being a Bible based teaching.

Jsmyth:

Yes!....he(Son) is the second in the Godhead while God(Father) is the head. Jesus Christ is [a]God.

lol. Is that ^ tutulogy?

Pls. Explain.

Jsmyth:

I hope you agree with me that Jesus Christ even when he had ressurrected had an immortal glorified body

Jesus is not almighty God that has no beginning.

We are talking about God almighty. We have seen christ but "No man have/can see God almighty".

Jsmyth:

of flesh and bone.....He told Thomas(coz he tot Jesus was a spirit) touch me, feel my hands, he ate and dined with them and told them that he is not a spirit for a spirit hath no flesh were it not so he would not av eaten with them.....(John 14 : 9) says ...HE THAT HATH SEEN ME, HATH SEEN THE FATHER, and how sayest thou then, shew us the Father.......(2Cor 4 : 4) ...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.......(Philip. 2 : 5-6) let this mind be in you, which was also Christ Jesus ; who being in the form of God.......(Col 1 : 15) ...who(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God...............( Heb 1 : 3) who(Jesus) being in the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person(God)...................many other scriptures tell us that Man was created in God's image, his form, ressemblance....which means that God has a body just like Man.......(James 3 : 9) therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.......(1Tim 3 : 16) ...God was manifest in the flesh ; justified ain the spirit.........I haven't included Book of Mormon scripture passages which testifies of and affirms and adds more knowledge to what the Bible has said alread, since am pretty sure you will outrightly condemn......

Beware of self deceit.
The bible can be quoted to support any thing, but it does not mean it will scale through Genesis to Revelation.

The bible is a different book from the book of Mormon and the quran.

And they teach completely different things.
Peace.
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by jtenna: 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
Good day brethren and sisters, I have read through all the comments and posts about the LDS church and I only have this to say.
I bear my testimonies that the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saint is a true church. I believe in God, my heavenly father, his Son Jesus Christ whom through him we can have eternal life, and the Holy Ghost.
I have read about the issues of the pasts, things my church did and didn't do and I retain my strong believe that in as much as we are all humans with flesh, we are bound to make certain decisions which we would regret in latter years. I believe that whoever is called of God is worthy to serve and God himself makes manifest the things ђ3 wants known to men through his prophets.
If all critics still want to hold the past against the church concerning those things which were done then, then tell me which one religion hasn't a dark history?
My beloved brothers and sisters, I am proud to be a mormon.

1 Like

Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by goldplated(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
Jsmyth:

I hope you agree with me that Jesus Christ even when he had ressurrected had an immortal glorified body of flesh and bone.....He told Thomas(coz he tot Jesus was a spirit) touch me, feel my hands, he ate and dined with them and told them that he is not a spirit for a spirit hath no flesh were it not so he would not av eaten with them.....(John 14 : 9) says ...HE THAT HATH SEEN ME, HATH SEEN THE FATHER, and how sayest thou then, shew us the Father.......(2Cor 4 : 4) ...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.......(Philip. 2 : 5-6) let this mind be in you, which was also Christ Jesus ; who being in the form of God.......(Col 1 : 15) ...who(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God...............( Heb 1 : 3) who(Jesus) being in the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person(God)...................many other scriptures tell us that Man was created in God's image, his form, ressemblance....which means that God has a body just like Man.......(James 3 : 9) therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.......(1Tim 3 : 16) ...God was manifest in the flesh ; justified ain the spirit.........I haven't included Book of Mormon scripture passages which testifies of and affirms and adds more knowledge to what the Bible has said alread, since am pretty sure you will outrightly condemn......

this 'logically' makes sense to me though if you reason it
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by Jsmyth(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
goldplated:

this 'logically' makes sense to me though if you reason it
smiley
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by jtenna: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2013
Jsmyth:
smiley
Jsymyth, let's not kill this thread? Let's make it lively for future mormons cheesy
I believe you have been on mission or abt to go on one. I myself never had the opportunity to so I want us to help each other in sharing the gospel to friends and family.
Now I was in a discussion a friend and then he told me he that he would only believe mormons are Christians if I tell him where d restored gospel and the authority of the priesthood was mentioned in the bible... Can you help me on that? Thanks
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by truthislight: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
Jsmyth:
smiley

I may have other doctrinal issues with the Mormons, but one is upper most going by my experience with them.

It is always that they will come to you with the bible to win your trust and confidence on them, but once that trust is gotten, that is, you trust them, then they will replace the bible with their book of Mormons.

They will hence start telling you that you can only trust the bible if it is correctly translated, that it is no longer possible to get/see the correct bible today.

My question is this:

since they already know there is no Genuine bible, why not go straight to people with the book of mormoms instead of fronting the bible only to letter rubbish the bible ?

To me, that ^ seems fraudulent.

Since you stand for the book of mormoms, start with it and end with it, dont rub it against the "now fake bible".
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by truthislight: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
^

If they mormons believe in the God of the bible, why cant they trust that that God can preserve his word that is necessary for the salvation of people today in the bible ?

Why resort to translation destroying the bible's efficacy ?
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by jtenna: 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
truthislight: ^

If they mormons believe in the God of the bible, why cant they trust that that God can preserve his word that is necessary for the salvation of people today in the bible ?

Why resort to translation destroying the bible's efficacy ?
My dear, we never and I mean never destroy the bible or its contents. We strongly believe that they are the true words of God. And would you please give me instances of how any of us discredited the bible?
Now I have this to say, we come to you or any non member of the church WITH the bible becos, that is the only widely accepted book of Christianity in the world seeming that if we rush onto you with the book of mormon, you would never give us the audience we seek to interact with you. And pls understand this, we will never force you to believe in it. Never! And We don't replace the book of mormon with the bible, rather, they work together. Some of the things that isn't clear in the bible can be better explained with the book of mormon. Like it is writtn on it 'another testament of Jesus christ' it never contradicts the bible.
The only thing I will say about SOME OF the bible not being correct is by asking you this questions;
1. What was the original language of the bible before it was translated?
2.It was translated by whom?
3.Where all the books written by ancient prophets of God and disiciples of jesus christ completely found b4 the bible was compiled and called 'bible'?
4.Should we solely and totally depend on just the BIble as the only compilations of books written by the inspiration of God?
Waiting to hear from u.
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by TeetoEsq(m): 9:12am On Dec 23, 2013
25th December (christmas): what's the take of the Mormons?
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by jtenna: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
25th December (christmas): what's the take of the Mormons?
hey! Been long since this thread was alive. B4 i answer, i need to ask u pls, are u a mormon?
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by mikeud22: 12:08am On Jun 30, 2015
fellow members, i am a new convert, i need advice because i have a pressing need. i just got a visiting visa to USA, please can some one tell me how i can go about being accommodated for few weeks by our Church in USA. you can contact me on mikeud22@yahoo.com or 08035091670
Re: Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. by jtenna: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
i think you should talk to your stake president.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"What Is The History Of Christianity?" / What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? / Best Nigerian Christian Movies Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.