Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,009 members, 7,953,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Passionate Letter To Hon Commissioner Of Transprt In Lagos State On Lastma Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passionate Letter To Hon Commissioner Of Transprt In Lagos State On Lastma Issue (1582 Views)

Hon. Commissioner For Road Inspect Ongoing Projects / Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital / Diamond Bank Apologizes To Hon. Abike Dabiri-erewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passionate Letter To Hon Commissioner Of Transprt In Lagos State On Lastma Issue by davodyguy: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2013
I sent a mail to the Hon Commissioner of Transport in Lagos State Mr Kayode Opeifa as a result of the serious misconduct of Lastma Officials which is impacting Negatively of Lagosians.

I hope someone would read this, judging by the fact that Nairaland is very popular in Nigeria among Nigerians and know to some extent that some of the government officials do visit this site.

The mail is quoted below

To: opeifak@yahoo.com kopeifak@lagosstate.gov.ng

Good Morning sir, Trust you had a splendid weekend.

I write with great disdain and grief of heart because of the activities of the unscrupulous and satanic elements amongst the Lastma officials spoiling your effort and that of our great Governor BRF as a result of the criminal activities on Lagos roads.

I'm complaining bitterly sir because the Lastma officials in conjunction with the mobile policemen with bikes, would hide themselves at the No 'U' turn corner, arrest vehicles that has broken the law without arresting the real cause of breaking the law.

I expect in a civilised country and in a city like Lagos trying to make a mega city that Government officials/public servants will do the right thing. The right thing in this circumstance is for them to go to the Bariga junction where people drive abnormally and break traffic laws, which in turn result into waste of man hours on the road, rather than hiding to arrest people for breaking the law.

Sir, i can swear that if we can have traffic officials at the bariga/oworo/diya Street junction passing vehicles coming from various direction and there's reasonable traffic, people wouldn't break the law.

Imagine sir, someone who wakes up as early as 5.00am and gets on the road, yet nuisance breaks the law and go free, what do u think would go through the mind of such person?

Other Lastma officials would be there seeing commercial bus drivers driving against traffic but would never arrest them, rather they'll arrest gentlemen in 'nice and exotic cars'

When will this insanity be curtailed?

I've lived in England and Republic of Ireland, I saw how things are done. I'm sure you've also been there. Cant we just get things right in our darling Lagos?

Sir this is for you to address.

I have highlighted the salient points which are

1) No traffic personal before 7am stand at the bariga/oworo/diya Street junction to control vehicles
2) Lastma officials hide to arrest only Private cars, whilst allowing commercial bus drivers go free
3) Lastma officials who do the arrest fails to control the traffic that makes people break the law.

I've chosen to hide my identity, but if I can be provided with a number, I wouldn't mind calling you to narrate verbally the full details of this Menace.

Sir, I also wish that a direct contact of senior officials of the Lasg can be given for us to make direct report.

This mail would also be published on Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Nairaland, for the message to be passed across.

Thank you for the good works done so far and in anticipation of more good works to come from you.

I sincerely hope you'll give this mail urgent attention so as to forestall a repeat tomorrow Tuesday 12th March 2013.

God bless Nigeria
God Bless Lagos State
God Bless BRf
God bless you

Eko onibaje ooo

Yours Faithfully

I also copied BRF

brfgov@lagosstate.gov.ng

brfgov@gmail.com
Re: Passionate Letter To Hon Commissioner Of Transprt In Lagos State On Lastma Issue by donbuchi1(m): 11:03am On Mar 11, 2013
God bless you
God Bless BRF
God Bless Lagos State
God bless Nigeria
Re: Passionate Letter To Hon Commissioner Of Transprt In Lagos State On Lastma Issue by ipasco: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
E go better
Re: Passionate Letter To Hon Commissioner Of Transprt In Lagos State On Lastma Issue by davodyguy: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
when? grin

(1) (Reply)

Okey Ndibe's Article / Destabilisation Plot: Lai Muhammed Is A Liar - Afenifere / Army Retires Major Al-mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.