Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? (7924 Views)

Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
Like the president said, you can't grant amnesty to ghosts.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Maxymilliano(m): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
I am sick of this amnesty call by some people for Boko Haram and even JAMBBS aka Ansaru. Shekau had never told us they want resource control, or sick of corruption, poverty, bad governance, education for almajiris and better life for herdsmen. He says he hates democracy, constitution and western education and yet, we keep makin excuses for them..

Shekau said until we have Theocracy, (Govt ­ by the Ulamas and Ayatollahs) convert Aso Rock into a mosque, and if possible, behead any woman who wears jeans, this is what Shekau wants, he doesn't want amnesty!

1 Like

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by debetmx(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yes the Federal Government should grant them amnesty, after all the FG had granted amnesty to the Niger Delta militants and they are now multi billionaires.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by vanstanzy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yes!(fingers crossed)
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
HELL NO! which amnesty? Thunder fire dos idiots wey nid amnesty,. Na becuz them get catle nd groundnuts naim mak them the ask 4 amnesty? If them get cow and groundnuts for north. We get oil and fish for south. If GEJ. no fit deal wit boko haram mak them ask niger delta militants mak the join JTF. Go flush dos rascal for ones. Nd any body wey say mak them grant boko haram amnesty 4 naira land.. Thunder fire you wit ur boko haram people.

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by SIRKOL(m): 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
tspun: Since the fg can't control their madness they should grant them amnesty so peace can rain. I m tired of hearing of killing and bombiing.
u go and grant dem Amnesty na...so after all their attrocities, u would prefer 2 see dem leave hapily everafter??...hv u tot of wether anoda group would emerge nd also demand 4 Amnesty mayb dis time more Deadly.....listen if dis bloodsuckers are given amnesty, the would only use it 2 reinforce more cos it is obvious dat their sponsorers are begining 2 go out of cash...They say they are fighting 4 Mohammed why would u fink Amnesty would stop dem...fink well frnd FINK!...d only Amnesty dis ppl need is d Anger of God through JTF

1 Like

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by adamu50: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
YOU GUYS CALLED THEM GHOSTS.LET BE SINCERE TO OURSELVES,I WANT TO CATEGORICALLY SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT GHOSTS AND IF WE ALL AGREE THAT THEY ARE GHOSTS IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT OUR SO CALLED PRESIDOR WHO SEVERALLY SAID THAT HE WAS HAVING TALKS WITH THEM IN BACKDOOR STYLE IS ALSO A GHOST.SO LET JOINTLY FLUSH OUT THE GHOST ADMINISTRATION OF PRESIDENT BADLUCK (MR. FRESH AIR) FROM GOVERNMENT.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
Amnesty is haram.

1 Like

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Chamber10(m): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
adamu50: YOU GUYS CALLED THEM GHOSTS.LET BE SINCERE TO OURSELVES,I WANT TO CATEGORICALLY SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT GHOSTS AND IF WE ALL AGREE THAT THEY ARE GHOSTS IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT OUR SO CALLED PRESIDOR WHO SEVERALLY SAID THAT HE WAS HAVING TALKS WITH THEM IN BACKDOOR STYLE IS ALSO A GHOST.SO LET JOINTLY FLUSH OUT THE GHOST ADMINISTRATION OF PRESIDENT BADLUCK (MR. FRESH AIR) FROM GOVERNMENT.

Adamu, come and shine my shoe nah. Ur reasoning is very poor, typical of a cattle rearer
shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Tlake(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Seriously I feel we should be able 2 neutralize this groups cos if nigeria stary giving amnesty to terror groups den we shud expct more bizness terror grps bt generally wat I tink should be offered is rebuilding of their houses,place of worships and permitting sharia in their respective states
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Reference(m): 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yes. It can be considered if the necessary conditions are met by both sides. And the list is long. On the part of the government it has to get the approval of the people of this country through the NA. It cannot be by Presidential fiat. It must be debated so that the public truly appreciates the cost of such amnesty. Hopefully this will disuade such tragedies in the future.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Reference(m): 6:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yes. It can be considered if the necessary conditions are met by both sides. And the list is long. On the part of the government it has to get the approval of the people of this country through the NA. It cannot be by Presidential fiat. It must be debated so that the public truly appreciates the cost of such amnesty. Hopefully this will disuade those who wish such tragedies in the future.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by franchizy(m): 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
Boko Haram are not faceless. GEJ told us dat he knows them and they r in his cabinet, the Army, Police, Navy etc. So I support Amnesty for Boko haram afterall the Niger Delta militants shed blood like Boko haram and destroyed oil pipeline and facilities worth Billion of Dollars.
The FG shud go ahead and declare there intention to grant all the islamist sect Amnesty and see if the sects will not comply
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by wazobiaforu(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
YES YES YES

if they are ready to give amnesty to:

rapist
yahooboys
kidnappers
thief
hoodlums

Also to those who deserve it

Uneploy youth
Widows
Orphan
Olds

If it will not extend to all aforemention then NONONONONONONO
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by blaqoracle: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
touch_me_hard: No, because they are ghosts who have refused to show their faces unlike the Niger-Delta militants
IF THEY ARE GHOST, THEN JTF HAS BEEN SHOOTING AT GHOST.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Yeeyo: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
Am speechlezz
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by badesco(m): 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
Amnesty is granted to people with genuine cause not to terrorist and faceless group. They deserve no amnesty at all.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by jakedes(m): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
This our beloved country has her cunny and funny ways of operating with her cunny and funny leaders,politicians and under minded thinking citizens...Amenesty for boko haram...I definetly knew it will come to this when all these started...now the news is humming like rumours and suggestions...lol..I just laugh..how can GEJ tell Nigerians that Boko Haram are faceless...if they are faceless as he claims then who is Karima Sokoto? whose house was he caught?who is senetor Ndume?who is shekau? How about all the aclaimed Boko Haram members that are in Prison that in which their members in and outside the country are agitating for their release?..GEJ and his band of wagon leading is country are just playing scrable and chess with this country and I do not blame them
If GEJ really wants Boko Haram to be shot down totally he knows what to do because he knows the cat and the rat in that Haram hole
we Nigerians are light hearted we only complain via the internet
But I just know for sure with the natural law of gravitation "WHAT EVER THAT GOES UP MUST SURELY COME DOWN"its all about time and when that times comes...ohhhh lol I just laugh again...
If he likes let him give them Amenesty if he likes let him not..his brother Asari(the confussionist) has already suggested he should...
It only takes wisdom to see the drama here and not just talking bla bla bla
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Fussbot: 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
Fun kini??sori yin o buru??
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by homosapien(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
The only amnesty needed, is the provision of happiness for the Nigerian citizens through equal access to resource. The political leaders should perform the constitutional responsibility rather than frivolities they engage in. The present security quagmire is as a result of years of govt neglect to its responsibilites. Dere4 grantin amnesty to B-H will neva and can never bring stability to the Nig-state if the root cause is not address. For any amnesty to be effective, the govt must make good governance as its watchword, ensure equal rights and social justice and must discourage delinqent behaviour among the youth thru provision of basic infrastructure dat can improve the quality of life of its citizens. Quality and free education should be a right and not a priviledge and the country resource should be use to develop the state rather than what is obtainable now. Consequently, govt sud find out wat mak dis anti-social behaviour attractive to dis Sect member and luk for a way to defang dat interest rather dan amnesty. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Akpan107(m): 7:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
hakymworld1: The problem is will they agree .?
They dont need to agree... No to amnesty!
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by JamesLucia: 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
if FG grants B H amnesty another group will certainly come up. so NO
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Davidogar(m): 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
before the fuckin goverenment paid nonses boko haram money let dem send my own first, because the oil money belong to us not so call heartless boko haram killers thunder fire their generation?
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by jmoore(m): 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
If Boko haram is sincere they should drop their arms and evil plans, they need no amnesty before they should surrender.

These "bokoharams" killed people, destroyed churches etc..

From their videos, they were against western education, against Christianity, against polio vaccination. The only "amnesty compensation" they need is to stop western education in their region, stop polio vaccination and destroy all churches. Of course no sensible government will grant this request.

For CBN Governor Sanusi and other northern politicians to say that low monetary allocation to the northern region is the cause of the terrorist acts shows the ulterior motives of some of these folks. If they can't say the truth they will be sending the northern region to the stone age.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by akyus(m): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
Amnesty is a pardon granted to offenders. But this guys don't even believe killing is an offence, they have been indoctrinated from an early age and carry out this act hoping to be rewarded here after. The FG would have to be careful else this guys will enjoy the benefits that come with the package and later go back to their doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by harakiri(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
The very people advocating for "Amnesty" to these cold blooded terrorists are the same people sponsoring them. Isn't it funny that whenever the Northern Elite "speak for their people", its ALWAYS complaints of inadequate funds from federal govt and "marginalization"? All they are interested in is more funds and more importantly, getting back the reins of power. BOKO HARAM IS ALL ABOUT THE 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS and nothing more. If a northerner (e.g Buhari or IBB) had emerged as president after Yar'Adua died, things would have been different. The senseless killings came into full force and progressively skyrocketed and GEJ became president.

Their intention was frustrate his tenure so it would seem as if he is not doing anything about "security" and thus, deter him or anyone that isn't from the North from contesting. Amnesty is given to people fighting for a just cause NOT rampaging lunatics who wipe out entire families in cold blood.

The Northern Elite keep complaining about inadequate funding yet its been revealed that they control 83% of our oil. Apart from that, what do their governors,senators,rep members and LG chairmen do with all the billions they get from Abuja every month?

The Sultan should shut up!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Katsumoto: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
If they can return the lives of those killed and properties destroyed. Otherwise, GEJ should prosecute every single one of them.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by mikky2k2(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
if the govt. Grant doz retards amnesty,... Them i will start my own group since dz terrorism tin is nw a lucrative biz in 9ja..
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by mikky2k2(m): 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
franchizy: Boko Haram are not faceless. GEJ told us dat he knows them and they r in his cabinet, the Army, Police, Navy etc. So I support Amnesty for Boko haram afterall the Niger Delta militants shed blood like Boko haram and destroyed oil pipeline and facilities worth Billion of Dollars.
The FG shud go ahead and declare there intention to grant all the islamist sect Amnesty and see if the sects will not comply
u deserve to be stoned to death.. Big fool

1 Like

Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by searay(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
YES!

Only in HELL.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by ozodimgba(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
No. Unless if Nigeria federal government wants cease this oppurtunity to show its weakness. Hhhhmmmm odikwa very risky.
Re: Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
A pattern is begining to emerge where people take up arms against Nigeria knowing that after a while an amnesty deal will be reached where people are paid off to drop their arms. I warned against amnesty for MEND knowing that another terror group will soon emerge. If Boko Harram is granted amnesty they surely wont be the last, another terror group will soon emerge from another angle.

Boko Haram are saying they reject western education/civilisation, they want full blown sharia in Nigeria and suspension of the Nigerian constitution and prevention of girls from going to school.

Those who call for amnesty/dialogue with Boko Harram can start by advising us which of the various demands of Boko Haram they will concede to if they were the President of Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tompolo, Other Top Ex-militants Spotted As Alams Remains Arrives Home Town / Dankwambo Wants TSA, Other Reforms Strengthened / Ray Nkemdirim On Charter Of Equity: We Must Avoid Breakdown Of Law Order In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.