Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? (1625 Views)

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / Wedding Reception Order Of Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by AmenJoan(f): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2013
Got this from another forum I belong to. Couldn't help but laugh and share. some are however quite true...

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your doctor confirms your pregnancy.
2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.
_______________ _______________ _______________ ________
Preparing for the Birth:

1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time breathing didn't do a thing.
3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.
The Layette:

1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.
2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?
Worries:

1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby.
2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.
Dummy:

1st baby: If the dummy falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
2nd baby: When the dummy falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.
_______________ _______________ _______________ _________
Nappies:

1st baby: You change your baby's nappy every hour, whether they need it or not.
2nd baby: You change their nappy every two to three hours, if needed.
3rd baby: You try to change their nappy before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.
Activities:

1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.
2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.
Going Out:

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.
2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.
3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.
_____________ _______________ _______________ __________
At Home:

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.
Swallowing Coins:

1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital and demand x-rays.
2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.
3rd child: When third child swallows a coin, you deduct it from his pocket money. grin

7 Likes

Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by remecy(f): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2013
Very funny and quite true. At the 1st birth you are careful about very little something and nothing. By the second,u seem alittle relaxed about the baby.........true
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by remecy(f): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2013
Very funny and quite true. At the 1st birth you are careful about very little something and nothing. By the second,u seem alittle relaxed about the baby.........true. 3rd no experience yet
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by lizfab(f): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
Quite true
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
For some strange reasons I didn't experience the first baby thingy,probably because mum gave me one to care for before I actually had mine(my little brother who was 21years my junior).By the time I had mine,I was a pro at baby matters lol,though the first baby thingy happens to most people.Nice piece op.

1 Like

Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by AmenJoan(f): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
byvan: For some strange reasons I didn't experience the first baby thingy,probably because mum gave me one to care for before I actually had mine(my little brother who was 21years my junior).By the time I had mine,I was a pro at baby matters lol,though the first baby thingy happens to most people.Nice piece op.
think that will be my case too cos I've taken care of my fair share of babies...
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by toofine765: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
Quite true, the worries reduce considerably with the arrival of each new baby. I use to so cover my firstbaby no matter the wheather condition and stay awake better part of the night just to make sure she is not exposed in any way but now I go to bed and even leave them in the parlour. Lol
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by othenok(f): 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
This sooo true! Especially d Nappy part. Guilty guilty guilty! It's just not d same for my 2 kids.
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2013
Amen Joan:
think that will be my case too cos I've taken care of my fair share of babies...

Yes,it will just flow naturally,no over fusing.
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by AmenJoan(f): 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
othenok: This sooo true! Especially d Nappy part. Guilty guilty guilty! It's just not d same for my 2 kids.
cheesy
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by Abukenzy(f): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
So true:-) when i had my lst child i pic d kind of food i eat but d 2nd child can't control what goes into my mouth. When my first child cries while he was still a baby i do cry too, but now when 2nd child cries i know what could be posibly wrong with her.
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by zayhal(f): 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
Interesting and mostly true.
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by kekilika: 5:39am On Apr 19, 2013
just saving a space for my wife-to-be to comment later. See ya
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 19, 2013
Very interesting and funny!@op u,thank u,good tonic!
Re: Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? by AmenJoan(f): 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
grin

(1) (Reply)

Mod Please Give It Suitable Topic / Meet 36-year-old Mother Who Treats 300 Lifelike Dolls As If They're Her Children / Kids can be funny when they lie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.