Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,105 members, 7,838,796 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions (912 Views)

Did El-Rufai And His Deputy, Bantex Slap Each Other? Here Is The Story / El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary / Aliyu Orders His Deputy To Leave Executive Meeting For Calling Him A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Shadowblaqq(m): 6:52am On Mar 12, 2013
Imolites and Nigeria lets be realistic here. The governorship seat of Imo State originally belonged to Martin Agbaso, but Rochas used treachery to take it away from him and instead made his junior brother his deputy as a means of compensation. Now having realised this ambition wants to dump the guy by alleging he collected bribe from a contractor. Why not just dump the guy silently? i have always known from the onset that something like this will happen. Nigerians and their crude politics na waaa!
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2013
When I heard the report that the deputy governor collected as much as over N400million as kickback from contractors, I took it with a pinch of salt. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE for a deputy governor, who is a mere spare tire, to get as much as N400million or even N10million from a contract. The looters in the states are the governors and their trusted appointees, not deputy governors.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Shadowblaqq(m): 10:24am On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When I heard the report that the deputy governor collected as much as over N400million as kickback from contractors, I took it with a pinch of salt. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE for a deputy governor, who is a mere spare tire, to get as much as N400million or even N10million from a contract. The looters in the states are the governors and their trusted appointees, not deputy governors.
you are right my dear.This is the kind of things we hear in Nigerian politics that has made Nigeria the laughing stock of Africa.
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by solopumpy227: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When I heard the report that the deputy governor collected as much as over N400million as kickback from contractors, I took it with a pinch of salt. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE for a deputy governor, who is a mere spare tire, to get as much as N400million or even N10million from a contract. The looters in the states are the governors and their trusted appointees, not deputy governors.

Egbon Reno can you substantiate your claims? A well-paid Junior Minister like you should at least give us evidence when you do you work. Dont you think so?
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Abagworo(m): 11:08am On Mar 12, 2013
Shadowblaqq: Imolites and Nigeria lets be realistic here. The governorship seat of Imo State originally belonged to Martin Agbaso, but Rochas used treachery to take it away from him and instead made his junior brother his deputy as a means of compensation. Now having realised this ambition wants to dump the guy by alleging he collected bribe from a contractor. Why not just dump the guy silently? i have always known from the onset that something like this will happen. Nigerians and their crude politics na waaa!

From what I came to understand, Rochas is very much in good terms with Jude Agbaso and does not want him impeached. The aim of it all is to destabilize APC faction of APGA by PDP faction.
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2013
solopumpy227:

Egbon Reno can you substantiate your claims? A well-paid Junior Minister like you should at least give us evidence when you do you work. Dont you think so?

I refuse to dismiss this claim on whim, even though it makes for uncomfortable reading.
Scratch beneath the surface and you are likely to find similar trade-offs belies the success of most politicians who make it to high office in Nigeria.

To the electorate in Imo state, does the end justify the means after Ohakim's tenure which substituted plunder for governance?
Time will tell...

Recall that Governor Rochas was given the governorship ticket of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in 2011 after he was alleged to have paid off Martin Agbaso, the elder brother of the deputy governor who was the party’s flag- bearer in 2007 and was known to be the leaders of the party in Imo State.

Apart from paying heavily to buy APGA ticket from Mr Agbaso, Governor Rochas was made to accept to have Mr Agbaso’s younger brother, Jude as his deputy, a condition he accepted without hesitation. Political analysts had predicted then that the marriage with the Agbbasos would be very brief.
Source
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Abagworo(m): 11:27am On Mar 12, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I refuse to dismiss this claim on whim, even though it makes for uncomfortable reading.
Scratch beneath the surface and you are likely to find similar trade-offs belies the success of most politicians who make it to high office in Nigeria.

To the electorate in Imo state, does the end justify the means after Ohakim's tenure which substituted plunder for governance?
Time will tell...

Source

And after reading this, what would you conclude?

IMO State House of Assembly Monday insisted that the impeachment process against Deputy Governor Jude Agbaso would go on and that it would not allow external forces to deter it from carrying out its duties.

Also, the state Chairman of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Eze Duruiheoma (SAN), expressed its support for the investigation and impeachment process going on at the 27-member Assembly which it said was an indication that issues of corruption were dogging the current APGA administration of Chief Rochas Okorocha.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115930:imo-assembly-pdp-insist-on-deputy-govs-impeachment&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

If you were Rochas, the best you can do in this situation is neutral to avoid being grouped with the crime. "Ishi kota ebu, ebu agba ya" and "Otu eka ruta mmanu, ozue eka dum". Rochas needs to cut off the finger that touched the oil before it ruins him and others.
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 12, 2013
@Abagworo,

Oh, I am in no doubt that the opposition party has a lot to gain from driving a wedge between the governor and his deputy.
But then, it is also obvious that matters bordering on financial impropriety have continued to circumscribe the best efforts of the current administration.

My question is this: is the deputy governor being indulged by a principal beholden to an unwritten agreement signed in the run up to the last elections?
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Abagworo(m): 12:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Abagworo,

Oh, I am in doubt that the opposition party has a lot to gain from driving a wedge between the governor and his deputy.
But then, it is also obvious that matters bordering on financial impropriety have continued to circumscribe the best efforts of the current administration.

My question is this: is the deputy governor being indulged by a principal beholden to an unwritten agreement signed in the run up to the last elections?

I honestly don't believe that Rochas and Jude have any friction in their relationship. It is a kind of unfortunate situation we often find ourselves in life. The question to me remains if Jude is innocent or guilty. A friend of mine had this kind of issue but didn't pay any 10% as alleged but had to appease to get paid for a job he already executed. Jude is not an innocent man but this 400million issue might be false but have an element of truth. According to Bob Marley "I shot the sheriff but I didn't shoot the deputy".
Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by Duru1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
Imo State House of Assembly should be getting ready to impeach Rochas Okorocha because he will soon not be affiliated with a political party as a sponsor. The registered APGA party will soon expel him due to anti-party activities.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Used His Deputy To Actualise His Selfish Political Ambitions by harrisnimasa(m): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
U c u want to leave the substance and chaste shadow...let him deal wit the issue of bribery and stop linking that wit politics...instead of we (taxpayer)insisting that he should proof his innocency in the case,rather we are providing a softlanding for him by politicizing the issue,its quite unfortunate for nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Local Council Election In Progress. IN F.C.T ABUJA. / Prision Overcrowding; Nigeria Vs US / Who Said GEJ Is Clueless? Watch This Video Of His Visit To Bornu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.