Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (16357 Views)

Breaking News: David Edvbie Wins Delta Governorship Primariy / Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by wesley80(m): 7:43am On Mar 12, 2013

Human rights activist, Mr. Festus Keyamo, has indicated his interest to vie for the governorship of Delta State with a promise to take Deltans out of what he called the present state of underdevelopment. Speaking at his country home in Effurun-Warri, during the maiden meeting of Delta Forces United (a platform he is using to mobilise all progressive Deltans), Keyamo declared that time had come for the citizens to be liberated from the dynasty of thieves that has been created over the years in the state. The fiery lawyer who did not mince words in condemning what he regarded as politics of cronyism, ethnicity, prebendalism and underdevelopment in the state, pointed out that there had not been much to show for the 14 years of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state. He explained that what the state had been saddled with was a legacy of primitive accumulation and godfatherism, while the masses continue to live in abject poverty with little infrastructural development of the state. Keyamo wondered why a few who have continued to marginalise majority of Deltans would arrogate the power and right to decide who succeeds them instead of allowing the people’s will to prevail. Revealing his vision to over 200 members of the Delta Forces United, who attended the meeting from the various local government areas of the state, the activist who has vowed to live the rest of his life for the betterment of the state, noted that Deltans over time have been held hostage by members of a cabal, who would not see any other candidate as having the right qualities to govern. According to him, the cabal has done much to promote mediocrity by not allowing internal democracy to reign. Priority in his vision (among other things) he said would therefore be the enthronement of democratic governance and provision of employment for the jobless Deltans even as he promised to take agriculture to a level where it can generate revenue like oil. Though Keyamo has not yet decided on which political party platform he would run for the election, yet he has ruled out the possibility of joining the PDP as he did not see anything good in the party particularly in the state. From the expression of participants at the meeting, it was quite evident that many Deltans were already tired of the present state of affairs in the State and would be ready for a positive change being promised by Keyamo. Each of the speakers, a good number of who travelled from Lagos, Asaba, Ughelli, the creeks of Delta State and other places to attend the meeting expressed high degree of optimism and confidence in the ability of Keyamo to lead the struggle against politics of despoliation, greed, intimidation, corruption and under-development in the state. With Keyamo’s vow to pursue the philosophy of returning power to the people (by allowing the masses to choose who would govern the state) like the case of Edo State, every participant agreed to take the message back to the grassroots with a view to erecting a structure that would facilitate the actualisation of his ambition come 2015. This, many participants said, dated back to 1999, when Chief James Ibori, emerged as governor and after eight years, handed over to his cousin; Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, who continued in the same tradition which had favoured only a few in their clique.
thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-keyamo-declares-for-delta-governorship-race/141867/

6 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by wesley80(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2013
Delta state needs urgent help but I'm wary of talkatives. That said, it's great to see some of the states better people aspiring for its governorship but outside the PDP, Keyamo's only realistic chance lies in the courts! The PDP owns, understands and runs Delta state like no other state - and they love noisemakers.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 12, 2013
Now we know his hidden agenda.

I wish him well, I wish him success.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by thirty(m): 8:32am On Mar 12, 2013
wesley80: Delta state needs urgent help but I'm wary of talkatives. That said, it's great to see some of the states better people aspiring for its governorship but outside the PDP, Keyamo's only realistic chance lies in the courts! The PDP owns, understands and runs Delta state like no other state - and they love noisemakers.
unlike before, deltian are getting wiser. If Keyamo is serious PDP should not be state anymore.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by wesley80(m): 8:57am On Mar 12, 2013
^ That's what you guys said with Buhari only to get a hiding from the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by sweetmimi(f): 9:03am On Mar 12, 2013
Wetin concern me?
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Sweetapple007(f): 9:04am On Mar 12, 2013
Its too early.
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by UnknownMember: 9:04am On Mar 12, 2013
Festus Keyamo...

Another Onye Ara..

Would probably end up sueing himself to court for winning the election without knowing!!

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by gen2briz(m): 9:06am On Mar 12, 2013
I wish him Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 12, 2013
Food Is Ready!

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Tolexander: 9:10am On Mar 12, 2013
The problem about this kind of people is that at the end of the day, you discovered that they are unable to transfer their professional dexterity to governmental administration.

7 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Ejine(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2013
Patrick Utomi stands a better chance than he does; but even that one no wan gree get sense and run for governorship first - Mbanu, he's aiming for presidency - a post you and I know he can never get for now, seeing as he lacks grassroot support.

Utomi as Governor and Keyamo as Deputy (as a launching pad) for make sense... But both men no wan gree see road.

My state is politically cursed, I tell you.

10 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by oloriooko(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2013
on one hand, its good to do something instead of making noise on the side line, wish he knows that he cannot rule delta alone, so he a lot to fight and cleaning up to do.

on the other hand, he must know that politics is a contagious game which transforms people,so he must be careful before he starts singing a different song.
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by gen2briz(m): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2013
careytommy: Food Is Ready!

#singing# mama do good oo, e do good she give us in...... e

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by raeez(m): 9:12am On Mar 12, 2013
if the good people dont come into it the bad people will continue to rule over us

9 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Wsdm: 9:14am On Mar 12, 2013
Good! Like Oshomele of Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by MATUREZEE: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2013
He should start with underground politics and keep his intentionout of media for now, its too early.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2013
Keyamo and Utomi can go to hell for all i care. UDUAGHAN shuld continue his good works joor.:p
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by StudioCFR(m): 9:15am On Mar 12, 2013
Goodluck keyamo
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by superior1: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2013
He smells like the APC candidate for Delta Gubernatorial

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by obicentlis: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2013
I Wish him well!
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by kessyur: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2013
Pls how can one join the Delta Force United?. I think I love this since my preferred -Pat Utomi has refused running for the seat instead keeps pursuing his dream of going to Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by nitrogen(m): 9:17am On Mar 12, 2013
Where is garri X7??
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 12, 2013
[b]He should really be prepared.Delta state is not like any other state coupled with the multi lingual nature of the state.The Delta North are ripe enough for power but the greedy nature of those from Delta Central won't want to give room for any other ethnicity in the state.They are not different from the Northerners who think ruling the nation is their birth right.Its purely going to be politics of money come 2015 cause PDP in the state have subjected the masses to poverty in the midst of plenty and they are hell bent to use that same money to buy votes from the people they have impoverish.Therefore Festus Keyamo should be ready financially just like Peter Okocha in 2007 in other to tame the PDP anything short of that he should go back to his chamber in Zone 1 and continue what he is known for.Less i forget what has he really done in Delta state?I haven't heard or seen him contribute in anyway to the growth of the state.Or he wants to bask on his popularity nationwide as an astute and controversial lawyer?Infact so many Deltans don't know he is actually from the state.Time will tell[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by gen2briz(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2013
nitrogen: Where is garri X7??

In garri factory
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by vaserce(m): 9:24am On Mar 12, 2013
Politicle offices in 9ja are not for partrotic,diligent and truthful 9jerins
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Pacesetter2: 9:25am On Mar 12, 2013
the questions that comes to my mind is that will he be able to live up to expectation?
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by dulphines: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2013
Those from that part of Delta are a bunch of disappointment. We need an ANIOMA man as Governor. They level of negligence experienced by these group of Deltans is unbearable.
If no body from ANIOMA voluteers to contest for that position, I will; even without money in my pocket. Enough is Enough!
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by joseph1832(m): 9:27am On Mar 12, 2013
Ejiné: Patrick Utomi stands a better chance than he does; but even that one no wan gree get sense and run for governorship first - Mbanu, he's aiming for presidency - a post you and I know he can never get for now, seeing as he lacks grassroot support.

Utomi as Governor and Keyamo as Deputy (as a launching pad) for make sense... But both men no wan gree see road.

My state is politically cursed, I tell you.

I thought Pat Utomi was from Edo State and Esan by tribe?
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2013
joseph1832:
That man is from Ibusa in Delta state.He should not even near there cause he does not associate with the state.I bet you he can't even win a councillorship election in his Local Government
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by bestower: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2013
Keyamo doesnt really understands the word "POLITICS" and if he does he wouldnt be kidding himself venture into such a deadly position in such a very deadly zone state,i pray he doesnt dig his own grave before his death,not him.Betterstill,he should go back to courtroom with his white wig than risking his life....i wish he sees the election of 2015 than being a contestant with peace in his house.
Re: Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race by Ejine(m): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2013
joseph1832:

LOL.
Patrick Utomi is Igbo, from Ibusa in Oshimili North LGA of Delta State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Invites Arewa Youths Who Issued Igbo Quit Notice For Questioning / Senate, House Of Reps Pass Bill Re-Introducing 'Park And Pay' In Abuja / Jonathan: Electronic Voting Is The Only Way To Credible Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.