Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power (16343 Views)

JUST IN: Tension In Gov Bello's Camp As S/court Affirms Use Of Forensic Analysis / Kogi: Bello's Camp Releases Documents Showing Wada’s Health Status (photos) / Kogi Guber: I’m Dumping PDP For Yahaya Bello’s Camp Soon – Ex-gov, Olufemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by abc115: 5:50am On Mar 11, 2022
The crisis of leadership in the ruling All Progressives Congress APC assumed another twist on Thursday following indications that the embattled National Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee CECPC, Gov. Mai Mala Buni officially transmitted a letter handing over power to Governor Abubakar Sani Bello.

This came as Gov. Bello hinted that the National Secretary of the CECPC, Senator John James Akpanudoedehe might be replaced soon even though he said the matter has not been tabled for discussion.

Vanguard had on Monday exclusively reported details of how Gov. Bello emerged as acting National Chairman, stating how Buni was persuaded to transfer power to him rather than to the Secretary, Sen. John James Akpanudoedehe.

Vanguard had reported that Gov. Buni had earlier wanted to hand over to the National Secretary, Sen. John James Akpanudoedehe or a former Senate President, Sen. Ken Nnamani but that some forces within the party, especially state governors, wanted a “neutral” person to steer the affairs of the party in the interim.

“Last week, Governor Mai Mala Buni travelled overseas on a private visit and appointed via a letter Governor Sani Bello to act in his absence.”, a source in the office of Governor Buni told this newspaper, dispelling rumours that President Muhammadu Buhari had sacked Buni as the Chairman of the APC CECPC and appointed Governor Sani Bello.

“Gov. Buni usually hands over to Sen. Akpanudoedehe and on few occasions, to Sen. Ken Nnamani. Before he jetted out of the country, he wanted to hand over to either of the two but some vested interests prevailed on him to hand over to Gov. Bello, and which he did. It is surprising that some people are now spinning very dangerous narratives to the effect that Buni has been sacked and to the ridiculous extent of some characters saying a sole administrator has been named, implying that the CECPC has been disbanded. Nothing can be farther from the truth”, said a party source.

However, on Wednesday, the said letter was leaked to the public, showing how Gov. Buni handed over to Gov. Bello.

While the Niger state Governor has denied receipt of the said letter, one of his close allies said Buni’s letter was an afterthought.

“Buni initially transmitted powers to Akpanudoedehe, the secretary but on Monday when they saw how the pendulum was swinging and how Gov. Bello was wisely supported to take over the reins of the party, the Buni camp decided to hurriedly put together another letter and transmitting powers to Gov. Bello. So, it was an afterthought and that was why even though they backdated the letter, they couldn’t send it to us be she we know when they typed it and why they did that”, said Bello’s ally.

When asked if elko had received any letter, he simply said no, but added that the “letter for National Convention has been sent”, to the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC.

Kaduna state Governor, Nasir el-Rufai had on Wednesday night said Gov. Buni was sacked and that he did not willingly transmit power to anyone.

However, in the letter dated February 28, Buni directed Governor Bello to act in his absence as the chairman of CECPC because he would be away for a medical trip to Dubai.

The letter was also copied to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and all members of CECPC.

The letter reads: “This is to please inform you that I will be embarking on a medical trip to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from today, 28th February, 2022.

“In my absence, I hereby transmit the functions of my office as the National Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) to you.

“This is to enable the committee conclude all arrangements leading to the National Convention slated for March 26th, 2022 and other duties that may be required of the office.

“I invite all members to cooperate with Governor Abubakar Sani Bello by extending to him all the support that I have enjoyed from you.

“Please do accept the assurances of my best regards.”

But when confronted after a meeting of the CECPC Thursday at the national secretariat of APC, governor Sani-Bello told newsmen that he has not seen the said letter.

When asked the governor simply said: “The letter? I haven’t seen it. Did you say on social media? I have not seen it.”

When asked to confirm whether the CECPC has appointed another national secretary, governor Bello said: “It has not been discussed. It wasn’t on the agenda in today meeting.

Probed further on whether another national secretary will be appointed, the Niger governor said: “Probably. But it has not been discussed yet.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/apc-crisis-bellos-camp-counters-buni-over-transfer-of-power/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by helinues: 5:52am On Mar 11, 2022
shocked

Summary of their fracas pls

4 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by todaynewsreview: 5:53am On Mar 11, 2022
It's all about interest

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by FaithELEFAN(f): 5:56am On Mar 11, 2022
You people are disturbing your self

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Michelle70(m): 5:57am On Mar 11, 2022
K
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by 175(m): 5:57am On Mar 11, 2022
Shameless party. . . grin

8 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Afonjashapmouth: 5:58am On Mar 11, 2022
APC IS A FRATERNITY AND THE MOST DANGEROUS ONE IN NIGERIA...... THEY STAGE THINGS AND ACT LIKE VICTIMS

15 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by omoredia: 5:59am On Mar 11, 2022
We should never sit back and keep watching

Support

#omoredia4president2023

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by ohosi4real(m): 6:00am On Mar 11, 2022
APC time are number, 2023 pls come let evil party pack there things out of ASU Rock

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Obyangel: 6:01am On Mar 11, 2022
Party of confusion, karma will fight for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by popesco123: 6:02am On Mar 11, 2022
I really wish adesina akinwumi, Kingsley mohalu, ngozi iwuaala and Sanusi can just come together and for third force. Nigerians are tired of these bunch of crooks from Apc and pdp.

9 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:02am On Mar 11, 2022
Selfish interest in nigeria politics
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Odin13: 6:04am On Mar 11, 2022
Bye bye Apc

Nigerians must join hand to kick the blood sucking party out

Never again Apc ..

Machete and guns are available.. in their offices .. they can cut their neck .. nobody send.. Nigerians will only help with the needful

Apc is evil

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by benuejosh: 6:05am On Mar 11, 2022
The letter was written and backdated. If not so, show us the file copy that proves it was received and signed, who received the letter. Buni is gone!

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by blancsn1: 6:05am On Mar 11, 2022
Is that right
What will you now call the devilish PDP ? The party of the saint, beta go have your dead brain examined or you think you are talking to only Jews from hell who don't use their brains.

Afonjashapmouth:
APC IS A FRATERNITY AND THE MOST DANGEROUS ONE IN NIGERIA...... THEY STAGE THINGS AND ACT LIKE VICTIMS
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by SAMTOBIJU(m): 6:05am On Mar 11, 2022
May our enemies camp continue to be scattered. The suffering for a common Man is just too much...
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Login12: 6:07am On Mar 11, 2022
It's all a distraction
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by AdiokOnoNland: 6:08am On Mar 11, 2022
It's well grin grin
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by JAMO84: 6:08am On Mar 11, 2022
Buni is a past tense. Whether he transmit letter or not doesn't change anything.

9 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by mekonglobal(m): 6:14am On Mar 11, 2022
Oh God i pray, may this confusion be permanent...

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Moferere: 6:15am On Mar 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Stevenson20: 6:15am On Mar 11, 2022
Useless party that has rendered most Nigerians Jobless.

Exodus 14:14 is really dealing with them.
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Racoon(m): 6:22am On Mar 11, 2022
Everyday one problem or drama.
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by FreeStuffsNG: 6:24am On Mar 11, 2022
All these political developments will end in praise to God for the victory of Asiwaju Tinubu at the Presidential polls.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.
Please support the BAT 2023 winning team and vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

Asiwaju Tinubu is extremely brilliant, visionary, capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
Please support Asiwaju Tinubu.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by jojo1415: 6:24am On Mar 11, 2022
Na lie,he did not hand over anything to Gov Sani,he was sacked out of disgrace na why him run enter Dubai
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Great2017: 6:26am On Mar 11, 2022
They are all fighting for their interest.
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by 96ACE: 6:27am On Mar 11, 2022
grin
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by Raziq: 6:28am On Mar 11, 2022
LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 60% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦3,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Call us with the number on the flyer or contact us via WhatsApp to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

[img]https://images./3stpdmgoRZEDDTJMBvSLV8.jpg[/img]

[url=/sM3g][img]https://i./3OK6Q.gif[/img][/url]

[img]https://i./3OK6U.gif[/img]
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by akanbiaa(m): 6:29am On Mar 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power by ivandragon: 6:29am On Mar 11, 2022
One way to verify the period the letter was written is to go to INEC to inquire when it was received there...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies / IBB – All Presidential Candidates Have My Blessing / CAN, HURIWA Ask El-Rufai To Resign Over Kidnap Of 26 Baptist Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.