Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! (19558 Views)

Beans Lovers Come In / Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans / Fish Lovers Come On In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
moi moi with smashed beef
yummy

Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
^Did you make that, vicky? Because I've seen that picture elsewhere online. :p
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
denzel2009:
Hmmmmn divine!

You are a confirmed wicked man . . . Now you are making me so so hungry . . . Why are you so wicked - Father forgive this guy oh
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
Yield: ^Did you make that, vicky? Because I've seen that picture elsewhere online. :p

i didnt say i made them, tongue
i posted them for viewers
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by chichrist64(m): 3:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
[/color][code][/code]
From the way the grass bends, one can know the direction of the wind.

Read more at http://quotes.dictionary.com/subject/politics?page=1#yDZ74g16Fj1RAvkl.99
[color=#006600]i didnt say i made them, tongue
[/quote]
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
~vicky~:

i didnt say i made them, tongue

Thanks ma. smiley
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by denzel2009: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
~vicky~:
denzel kai, eating moi-moi with garri and groundnut, cheesy kai u no sabi diet at all

don't jealous me o...

Fhemmmy:

You are a confirmed wicked man . . . Now you are making me so so hungry . . . Why are you so wicked - Father forgive this guy oh

No be my fault na..If you know the kain waka I do to get this thing
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
denzel2009: No be my fault na..If you know the kain waka I do to get this thing

OK, You are forgiven.
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Cool: 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
I've heard it's possible to make moin-moin in the oven.
Has anyone tried that?
What's the trick please?

Cool
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
Cool: I've heard it's possible to make moin-moin in the oven.
Has anyone tried that?
What's the trick please?

Cool

I've never tried making them in the oven but I don't think I would want to. I think the texture wouldn't be as moist as if cooked on the stove. But I'll give it a try this weekend to see how it'll turn out. I have watched a YouTube video of a Nigerian woman who cooks them in the oven. Videos below:

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohhdAJdjGE8

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2bYPz5Ay8
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Moi moi made easy, contact us for Beans Flour for making moi mio and beans cake (Akara) for bulk supply contact

Goodnews Food Ventures

Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
Moin-moin, daydreamin' and I'm thinkin' of you, daydreamin' and I'm thinkin' of you. cheesy
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by seunny4lif(m): 11:54pm On Jun 08, 2013
Yield: Moin-moin, daydreamin' and I'm thinkin' of you, daydreamin' and I'm thinkin' of you. cheesy
Kia,i 4get say dis thread dey cry cry and i just finish my own moin moin grin grin but no problem i go prepare again 2morrow... kiss kiss
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 09, 2013
seunny4lif: Kia,i 4get say dis thread dey cry cry and i just finish my own moin moin grin grin but no problem i go prepare again 2morrow... kiss kiss

And you didn't save any for me? angry. Anyway, I forgive you. I will wait for tomorrow. tongue
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by seunny4lif(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Yield:

And you didn't save any for me? angry. Anyway, I forgive you. I will wait for tomorrow. tongue
Oh,sorry,maybe next week sat becos nw na rice i prepare oh...
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
seunny4lif: Oh,sorry,maybe next week sat becos nw na rice i prepare oh...

You're not serious. angry angry
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
( :
Re: Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! by babybuzx(f): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
I made moin-moin for the first time a few weeks ago and let me tell you, I've found my new favourite food! The only difficult part is getting the skin off the black-eyed beans with your hands, pheew! But once you get past that part, the process becomes much more enjoyable and fun. I made my own containers using aluminium foil too. I've heard some people use bean flour to make things easier, but I want to be making it from scratch and won't be using bean flour. Oh, how I love moin-moin! I love eating beans in general, so this is a more fun way to eat one of my favourite foods.

Do you like moyin-moyin? Have you made it yourself before? How often do you eat it?

What methods do you use to remove the skin? Do you have tricks that make it easier for you to do so?

What types of meat do you put in the mix? How long do you cook your moyin-moyin?

Any other comments about moin-moin? Share them here!

i like any food made with beans as far as its not d normal beans porridge. So i had to search for d easiest way to Wash beans using an elèctric blender.
Step 1: soak any kind of beans u intend using till u Can see d coats sagging
Step 2: put some quantity of the beans in d blender with water upto three times the quantity of the beans.
Step 3: run the blender @ the lowest speed ( so d beans doesnt get grinded) for 5 secs and stop. Repeat this about thrice
Step 4: pour in a bowl and Wash using a Fine sieve and clean water. U ll marvel @ the neatness of the beans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) / Cooking Made So Easy / Five Health Benefits Of Agbalumo (african Cherry/star Apple)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.