Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse (11811 Views)

Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” / Third Mainland Bridge Is Vibrating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by biafransoul: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2013
Coming in from Asaba this morning, I noticed that the River Niger bridge the connects the West and Old Eastern region is seriously vibrating and may collapse soon. The traffic on the already weakened old bridge is also a great concern even as the expansion ridges are already weakened by wear and tear. With the way things are now, the bridge may give way soon if nothing drastic is done about it.
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by 9jii(m): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2013
No pics?bye!
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Chiddysville(m): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Whao! I hope the concerned authorities do something about that bridge. It will be so disasterous if that bridge should collapse as casualties will be too much to bear. Moreso, for equity and justice, this also should be taken to the front page for proper publicity.
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by biafransoul: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2013
9jii.:
No pics?bye!
if you don't value your life; mine is precious. We are talking about a bridge that may collapse at any time and you telling me to stay on top and take pics?

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by gratiaeo(m): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2013
Everything in Nigeria is politicalise. GEJ have really disappointed easterners
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Abagworo(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2013
gratiaeo: Everything in Nigeria is politicalise. GEJ have really disappointed easterners

The East/West road is an alternative route incase the bridge falls. We Igbos can build that bridge ourselves by donating only 10,000 each through our various town unions. The Owerri airport was built that way.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by nduchucks: 11:12am On Mar 13, 2013
sebi our people talk say, what is good for the Mainland bridge is good for Onitsha bridge. make una help me figure out which one is the goose and which the gander. cheesy
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Pray(m): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Nna men!!!!! let me start constructing canoes!!! Its business time!! No dulling, Easter is around the corner. The young shall Grow Canoe Line ;DNna men!!!!! let me start constructing canoes!!! Its business time!! No dulling, Easter is around the corner. The young shall Grow Canoe Line!!! grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by biafransoul: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2013
Abagworo:

The East/West road is an alternative route incase the bridge falls. We Igbos can build that bridge ourselves by donating only 10,000 each through our various town unions. The Owerri airport was built that way.
in as much as I would like to concur with you; then, what is the essence of paying tax and having a govt that can't safeguard the lives of her citizens. Moreso, how much was contributed by lagosians toward building of third mainland bridge? Or don't you think that what is good for the goose should equally be good for the gander

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 13, 2013
All our bridges in Nigeria are vibrating and May collapse soon cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Okay.

In situations like this, i'd prefer to go with Dana.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Pain(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2013
Nigeria is also vibrating and may collapse soon.

27 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by venorite(m): 11:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Na wa ooo, GEJ how e dey be na
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Coldfeet(f): 11:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Really?? Op are u sure?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Pain(m): 11:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Imanuelle: Okay.

In situations like this, i'd prefer to go with Dana.

Dana is to Suicide as Alqueda is to B-Haram

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 13, 2013
ndu_chucks: sebi our people talk say, what is good for the Mainland bridge is good for Onitsha bridge. make una help me figure out which one is the goose and which the gander. cheesy
The Osha, Asaba bridge is the goose,because is connecting many state,while the Mainland is the gender.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Dygeasy(m): 11:21am On Mar 13, 2013
What's with vibrating bridges today?

Switch the damn thing off if you can't get the 'sound settings'

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by austinsmat(m): 11:22am On Mar 13, 2013
i wish our presdo will come to our rescue the bridge is in bad conditon
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by waja(m): 11:23am On Mar 13, 2013
9jii.:
No pics?bye!
. Do you want to see vibration?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by thoth: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2013
Pain: Nigeria is also vibrating and may collapse soon.

well said.
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Angel778(f): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2013
Abagworo:

What then is the work of the FG? what can Nigerians point to, that they benefited from all these fai led governments? SO SAD!!!!
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by mikedore: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2013
I dnt knw wat is really wrong wit Nigerian leaders, evrytim keep waitin 4 calamity to happen b4 they take action. When dis brigde collapse and thousands of people lose their life ,they wil declare national day of mourning. But i pray dat God wil nt let this happen. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by denony(m): 11:27am On Mar 13, 2013
SO YOU GUYS WANT TO TELL ME THAT THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE AND ONITSHA HEAD BRIDGE STARTED VIBRATING AT THE SAME TIME?
THE NEXT THING OUR AIRPORTS WILL START VIBRATING
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Fogman(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2013
Authority concern, you act immediately.
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by OluEmmaAss: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2013
austinsmat: i wish our presdo will come to our rescue the bridge is in bad conditon
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by OluEmmaAss: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2013
austinsmat: i wish our presdo will come to our rescue the bridge is in bad conditon
All your people in d senate and ministries, what have they done for u?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by Coldfeet(f): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2013
ndu_chucks: sebi our people talk say, what is good for the Mainland bridge is good for Onitsha bridge. make una help me figure out which one is the goose and which the gander. cheesy
angry when will you drop this your archaic manner of reasoning?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by coputa(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2013
The hype that the niger bridge is vibrating and will collapse soon is laughable and steems from high ignorance. Most bridges makes this creaking sound whem heavy load is on them. The niger bridge is fit and strong,the pillars are okay without cracks or any defects..they should stop misleading people by crying wolf when there is non..
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by ifyalways(f): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2013
That bridge have been creaking and vibrating for the past 5 years or more.
Question is :when was the last repairs and upgrading done on that bridge?
Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by nmagirl(f): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2013
coputa: The hype that the niger bridge is vibrating and will collapse soon is laughable and steems from high ignorance. Most bridges makes this creaking sound whem heavy load is on them. The niger bridge is fit and strong,the pillars are okay without cracks or any defects..they should stop misleading people by crying wolf when there is non..

When last did you see or ply that bridge? it is really in a bad shape.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse by biafransoul: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2013
coputa: The hype that the niger bridge is vibrating and will collapse soon is laughable and steems from high ignorance. Most bridges makes this creaking sound whem heavy load is on them. The niger bridge is fit and strong,the pillars are okay without cracks or any defects..they should stop misleading people by crying wolf when there is non..
Abeg no vex; when last did you pass through the Niger bridge?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N186bn For Health Sector Omitted As Revised 2020 Budget Approval Suffers Setback / Peter Obi Campaigns In Jigawa Today, 30 January, 2023 / Barnabas Bala Bantex Apologises Over Remarks On World Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.