Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Who Is Your Stockbroker? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Who Is Your Stockbroker? (6176 Views)

Most Reliable Stockbroker In Nigeria / Minimum Amount Your Stockbroker Accepts To Invest For You? / Stock Brokers In Nigeria: Rate Your Stockbroker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Stockbroker? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Please state who your stocker broker his, why you are sticking to this particular broker, share your personal encounter.

I am creating this topic as I have been looking for reputable, recommendation-based stock brokers but to no avail.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by bigx(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2013
I've been using Amyn Investments since 2006, they've had some hitches but they've improved spectacularly of recent.

I also used Dependable securities in 2009.

Then Cashcraft from 2011 till date.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
I also used Amyn Investment between 2002 and 2004. I currently use BGL Securities, UBA stock brokers, FBN Securities and Union Capital market.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by AVECDEO: 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
UBA STOCKBROKERS LTD ALL THE WAY.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by lilmonnie(m): 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Cashcraft since december 2011
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by Omexonomy: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
I use Chapel Hill and Deham 25 Saka Tinubu V/I. I have been with them since 2005. I hardly go there in person. If I want to buy or sell any stock i will pay into their bank account scan the teller and then send it through mail
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by TableLeg(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hargreaves Lansdown, Bristol!

Reasonable dealing and administrative costs ....
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by Tjohn1(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
I used Cash craft before the market crashed in 2008, this year they sold off my stock without consent because my acct was in debit.

Now i use BGL, Vetiva and Meristem Securities
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Dominion Trust Ltd.. They have been in existence since 1988. Strong and Dependable
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by scribble: 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2013
If you're looking for a stockbroker just make sure its uba stockbrokers, meristem, city securities, stanbic or vetiva.

Don't go and give a company with oyinbo speaking woman ur money. Na 419 be dat

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
T-john:
I used Cash craft before the market crashed in 2008, this year they sold off my stock without consent because my acct was in debit.

Now i use BGL, Vetiva and Meristem Securities

How come were you a margin trader with Cash craft.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ijogz K: Dominion Trust Ltd.. They have been in existence since 1988. Strong and Dependable

My Mom uses Dominion Trust, they used to be at Great Nigeria House on Martins Street, before moving down to Igbosere.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
scribble: If you're looking for a stockbroker just make sure its uba stockbrokers, meristem, city securities, stanbic or vetiva.

Don't go and give a company with oyinbo speaking woman ur money. Na 419 be dat

It be better to trade with the big stockbroking houses. Investment one, FSDH, FBN Securities and BGL are also good.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by 222Martins(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
Lead Capital and Securities Investment...........I have never had a problem with them.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by hrmgr: 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
i use ECL Asset Management Ltd, VI- lagos. They send me pricelist at the end of each trading day, also market analysis to guide in which stocks to buy or sell. Finally they have an online platform where you can track your transaction with them. Am cool with them!
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by Tjohn1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

How come were you a margin trader with Cash craft.

I guess it was my account officer at that time, i was hoping to sale my shares one day, only to receive alert that they've been sold. called to inquire, was told my account was in debit.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
Verbes: Not investing in stock for now.

If you are not investing now, please don't invest when the market goes crazy because it may be detrimental to you. People who have hundreds of millions and billions in shares did not invest when the market is popular, they invested when the market was a no go area.

You only need to know how value a stock, and commit your money into the stock whenever it is selling at a discount to the average of the valuation methods prices.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
T-john:

I guess it was my account officer at that time, i was hoping to sale my shares one day, only to receive alert that they've been sold. called to inquire, was told my account was in debit.

You need to take it up with the appropriate authorities.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by anelka101(m): 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Aims Asset Ltd,Oga na Master
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
T-john:

Don't you have an alert that notifies you whenever there is a trade on your stock? Don't they forward your contract notes to your mail box.

Please transfer your account from that stock broking house.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
anelka101: Aims Asset Ltd,Oga na Master

Is it the one on Broad Street.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by Tjohn1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

You need to take it up with the appropriate authorities.

Thanks, i will do that.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by manie(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
T-john:

Thanks, i will do that.

The earlier the better.
Re: Who Is Your Stockbroker? by spokesboy: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
CORDROS CAPITAL LIMITED ARE THE BEST STOCKBROKERS FOR NOW. THEY'RE AMONG THE TOP 10 VOLUME MOVERS ON THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Joins JP Morgan Government Bond Index / Ease Of Doing Business: How Mdas Are Frustrating Investors / Dr. Maduka Constructs The Best Hospital West Africa, In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.