Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,463 members, 7,850,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha (4719 Views)

Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam / Buhari Should Be Pardoned If He Cannot Produce His Certificates. --lai Muhammad / Lai Mohammed Fires Back At FFK- "whats all the noise about Buharis credentials?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by biafransoul: 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
I've noticed the hypocritical attitude of various emergency commentators on this forum concerning the state pardon granted the governor general of the Izon nation; D. Alamieyeseigha. I'm just wondering what the noise is all about as this same gesture was also extended to Awolowo (a well reknowned traitor) with no one then raising an eyebrow. It should be on record that the president committed no constitutional breach by exercising his discretionary powers which is guaranteed by the 1999 constitution and therefore, owes no one no apology. Afterall, what is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.

7 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nwanne, idi on point.

3 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by debetmx(m): 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
biafran soul: I've noticed the hypocritical attitude of various emergency commentators on this forum concerning the state pardon granted the governor general of the Izon nation; D. Alamieyeseigha. I'm just wondering what the noise is all about as this same gesture was also extended to Awolowo (a well reknowned traitor) with no one then raising an eyebrow. It should be on record that the president committed no constitutional breach by exercising his discretionary powers which is guaranteed by the 1999 constitution and therefore, owes no one no apology. Afterall, what is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.
You are a lost biafran soul. Get yourself a life

9 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Tolexander: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
I wonder o why they are shouting!
Just state fund looting and saving them in foreign back. Jumped bail in UK by dressing like a female and noting else.

What should will talk about the man that deceived over 2million of his people telling them they can triumph over those that feed them. Wasted their life and the many of the remaining ones downed by kwashiokor.
As if that was not enough, he fled the war front to abidjan in womens dressing overnight.
Considering the above, alamiesegha still seems to be a saint.

6 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
biafran soul: I've noticed the hypocritical attitude of various emergency commentators on this forum concerning the state pardon granted the governor general of the Izon nation; D. Alamieyeseigha. I'm just wondering what the noise is all about as this same gesture was also extended to Awolowo (a well reknowned traitor) with no one then raising an eyebrow. It should be on record that the president committed no constitutional breach by exercising his discretionary powers which is guaranteed by the 1999 constitution and therefore, owes no one no apology. Afterall, what is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.

Ojuku despite causing the deaths of millions of ibos and Nigerians was GRANTED AMNESTY;paid pension till death when he should have been tried in ICC for crimes against humanity.May his soul rest in pieces in hell.

12 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by joeyfire(m): 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
Double post
Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by joeyfire(m): 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
OP- abeg leave awolowo matter. Alam's pardon is a shameful thing everybody should condemn

6 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by funkybaby(f): 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
@ op

You are mad! You are a complete lunatic. undecided

how can you compare awolowo with alamieyeseigha?

*** let me see the fool that's going to edit my post again**

12 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Geomac: 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
This is the dumbest post of the year.

8 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by PaulJohn1: 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
cheesy Awolowo pardoned by who? Biafrans I guess?
He has no reason to be pardoned because he owed no one.
I think the Nigerian turned Ivorian is the one that should be forgiven for leading over 2million people to an untimely death

2 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by biafransoul: 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
Paul John: cheesy Awolowo pardoned by who? Biafrans I guess?
He has no reason to be pardoned because he owed no one.
I think the Nigerian turned Ivorian is the one that should be forgiven for leading over 2million people to an untimely death

the onus of the matter remains that Awolowo who committed treasonable felony against the Nigerian state was released by Ojukwu, given a state pardon ( just like Alamieyeseigha) by Gowon and no one raised an eyebrow. you guys should just stop whining like little babies cos as Awolowo got a second chance, the governor general of the Izon nation equally deserves a second chance

10 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by jaso1(m): 6:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
OBJ is the cause of this mess, the stupid man did same thing by handing over power to Shagari which as a result gave us retarden Nigeria. This same obj engineer another wost trend in the chain of Yaradua and GEJ to satisfy his evil for not been allow third time. This cauntry has sufferd a lot in the hand of obasanjo, and is high time the man should be call to the bar and explain why he hate the country and the citizen. he serave same evil with most of those we call our pastors. Nigerians are bein brainwash and remain blindness. most of them never see obj as evil, hes the problem of Nigeriaand he should be dealt with before he finally finished this country.
Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
biafran soul:

the onus of the matter remains that Awolowo who committed treasonable felony against the Nigerian state was released by Ojukwu, given a state pardon ( just like Alamieyeseigha) by Gowon and no one raised an eyebrow. you guys should just stop whining like little babies cos as Awolowo got a second chance, the governor general of the Izon nation equally deserves a second chance

On the surface you are right but the Nigerian people are not as gullible as you think. Yes, Awo was pardoned (for a crime he didn't commit in the first place) He went on to become the finance minister and built political parties. Ojukwu was also pardoned and he couldn't win a measly senatorial seat in his own neighbourhood.
History also awaits Alameiseigha and the band of criminals who pardoned him in total disregard for the sensibilities of the Nigerian people.

5 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Tolexander: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
biafran soul:

you forgot to mention how odumegu ojukwu was pardoned in 1982 after he flew away in 1970 after inflicting genocide on his people.

4 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by biafransoul: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
Aigbofa:

On the surface you are right but the Nigerian people are not as gullible as you think. Yes, Awo was pardoned (for a crime he didn't commit in the first place) He went on to become the finance minister and built political parties. Ojukwu was also pardoned and he couldn't win a measly senatorial seat in his own neighbourhood.
History also awaits Alameiseigha and the band of criminals who pardoned him in total disregard for the sensibilities of the Nigerian people.
excuse me!!! Awolowo was a confirmed convict till he was pardoned and he further went on to commit much more atrocious acts. history never judged him right and that's why he went on to commit suicide.

5 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
I hope say people dey see who start the tribal thread o

When we now respond in kind they would begin to moan and run to Moderators

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
biafran soul:
excuse me!!! Awolowo was a confirmed convict till he was pardoned and he further went on to commit much more atrocious acts. history never judged him and that's why he went on to commit suicide.

You can try and be stupi.d all you want, that is ok. But now that Alams is a free man, maybe Jonathan will consider making him the next finance minister just like Awo was after his pardon. I wouldn't put anything past that dumb ars.e and his naive supporters anyway.

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Chiddysville(m): 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu: I hope say people dey see who start the tribal thread o

When we now respond in kind they would begin to moan and run to Moderators
pls, what's tribal about the posts. he only stated the obvious facts. Was Awolowo not a convict?
2) Was he not granted a state pardon just like Alamieyeseigha?
3) Did other Nigerians whine when Awolowo was granted a state pardon? No
4) Then, why are some people from a particular part whining about the presidential pardon granted the governor general of the Izon nation?
5) pls tell me; is what is good for Obi not good for Okafor?

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
Chiddysville:
pls, what's tribal about the posts. I only stated the obvious facts. Was Awolowo not a convict?
4) Then, why are some people from a particular part whining about the presidential pardon granted the governor general of the Izon nation?

If you really want to make sense, you will ask why people like Alams are pardoned while petty criminals are languishing in jails all over the country. Talk about warped logic.

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Chiddysville:
pls, what's tribal about the posts. he only stated the obvious facts. Was Awolowo not a convict?

Excellent I love this reasoning

The same reason why Awolowo was pardoned was the same Ojuku was pardoned

Imagine the crimes the pedophilicc ikeeba wurururu committed,

waged war against a country, killed millions, fled like a coward in the middle of the night, molested an underaged girl who happened to be his godDAUGHTER and daughter of his best friend

If Ojuku can get pardon in Nigeria then Awolowo should be made god

12 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by ninja4life(m): 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Wen will we forget abt all dis historic rubbish cos d real truth CANNOT be known,why do we still keep making d same mistakes over and over,personally i was not born wen civil war likewise millions of nigerians why do we hav to keep living on d past mistakes of our past leaders wen we d new generation ought 2 tink abt our future it seems to be getting out of hand.why bring memory of awo and ojukwu into alami and gej matter.

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Dede1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
Pardon is a pardon is a pardon. Any person who thinks the pardon is out of place is either a moronic self appointed moralist or tribal bigot. Anyway, Nigeria is epitome of tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
Dede1: Pardon is a pardon is a pardon. Any person who thinks the pardon is out of place is either a moronic self appointed moralist or tribal bigot. Anyway, Nigeria is epitome of tribalism.

Of course, except that Anini did not steal anything close to Alams, why is he not pardoned posthumously?

3 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by masu: 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Olanlere11: The reported pardon granted to some Nigerians appear to be generating mixed reactions. While some are condemning the move, others are hailing the Council of state. The anti pardon proponents argue that Alami who incidentally was a beneficiary should not have been granted pardon, against the backdrop of the ongoing fight against corruption. They also query the process solely becos he is from Bayelsa state and a former boss of Gej. Nigerians! why politicise such political exercise? Is he not qualified to be pardoned? Most people have not even taken time to study how this thing works. They've not asked to know those that constitute the council of state. Well for the benefit of doubt, let's say A pardon is defined in criminal law as an official act of forgiving a crime. A pardon may be granted under the executive powers of a governor or the President. By granting a convicted person a pardon, the conviction is eradicated from the records, the person is freed from further punishments and penalties, and may not be retried for the same offense.
A pardon may be granted to persons for such reasons as advanced age, acts proving rehabilitation, unfairness of trial proceedings, doubts about guilt of the convicted person, or terminal illness. It is usually based upon a notion of undeserved punishment. A pardon does not indicate that the person pardoned is not guilty, but that they are forgiven and no longer deserving of punishment.
Now, who are those responsible for granting pardon? The Nigerian constitutions says the council of state. Who are the council of state members? We have, present and former heads of state, vice president, attorney general, Chief Justice of the federation and all governors.
Before a person is considered for pardon, he is expected to apply formerly to the council of state, and the council will deliberate on the issue. Most times, his actions, behaviors and contributions to national growth, peace, law and order are cardinal prerequisite for pardon. If these conditions are met, then the council will unanimously okay the pardon for such individual.
Did Alami meet these conditions? THE ANSWER IS YES. HE APPLIED, HE HAS BEEN MONITORED BY COUNCIL MEMBERS, HE HAS SHOWN REMORSE, HE IS CURRENTLY INVOLVED IN DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS IN THE NIGER DELTA. HE PARTICIPATED IMMENSELY IN THE EFFORT TO RESETTLE FLOOD VICTIMS, HE IS CURRENTLY PREACHING AGAINST MILITANCY, OIL THEFT AND PIRACY IN THE REGION. HABA WHY SHOULD HE NOT BE CONSIDERED.
LASTLY, NIGERIANS CAN'T FAULT THE PROCESS THAT LED TO HIS PARDON, THIS IS BECOS PERSONALITIES LIKE GOWON, ATIKU, IBB, BUHARI, OSHIOMOLE, FASHOLA, BABANGIDA ALIYU, OBASANJO, SHAGARI, CJN, AREGBESOLA, EKWUEME AND OTHERS UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED IT. LET'S KNOW THIS, GEJ DIDN'T GRANT THEM PARDON, THE COUNCIL DID.
Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by IB5(f): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Excellent I love this reasoning

The same reason why Awolowo was pardoned was the same Ojuku was pardoned

Imagine the crimes the pedophilicc ikeeba wurururu committed,

waged war against a country, killed millions, fled like a coward in the middle of the night, molested an underaged girl who happened to be his godDAUGHTER and daughter of his best friend

If Ojuku can get pardon in Nigeria then Awolowo should be made god

This is the bomb cheesy
Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Dede1: Pardon is a pardon is a pardon. Any person who thinks the pardon is out of place is either a moronic self appointed moralist or tribal bigot. Anyway, Nigeria is epitome of tribalism.

Dendemoron Welcome back, Kedu maka ahia.

Did you enjoy you ban? grin

We are talking about How the coward ojuku fled in the middle of the night wetin you think?

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by bloggernaija: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
Awolowo like gani fawehinmi was a prisoner of conscience . They were not guilty of any crime in the first place.for you to mention the living sage in the same breathe as alams or any nigerian living or dead for that matter is an absolute insult.
Using the same conservative technique that has been used by all sorts of dictators and despots from time immemorial ,the government and its hanger-on set about jailing all opposition to their power.in nigeria case, awolowo was the man standing up to power .
The tactic
1 create a crisis(openly rig an election)
2 forment trouble by fanning the flame(
3accuse your enemies of creating the crisis
4fold your arms as the place gets engulfed
5ride in as the liberator,( jailing all opposition to your power)
5a decimate your opponent's power base(creating the mid west region while leaving the eastern and northern region especially when you realise that the SW had more historical links to the minorities in the region than the other regions,to their minorities.from time immemorial ,they have been edo traders and artisans,urhobos farmers ,fishermen plying their trade from Lagos to Ibadan to ondo and yoruba traders,artisan timber merchant plying their trade in the old Midwest .in fact till today, there are still many isobos(yoruba for urhobos ) in yorubaland .
6benefit from the aftermath(with your opponent safely in jail,create an incompetent,wasteful and corrupt government )
7 nemesis catches up on you(the regime got obliterated by a naive and over ambitious young set of officers)

The result is what you have now. Enjoy your garri now because the worst days are yet to come

3 Likes

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
Maybe the "noisemakers" are sponsored by Bode George and his supporters. . . I suspect he feels cheated and left out. Otherwise, I don't see what the furore is about.
Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Bobandgreat: 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
I-B.:

This is the bomb cheesy

What makes it the Bomb, ehh IB.? If everybody starts bringing out artrocities commited in the war by our so called leaders, u may not b able to answer Yoruba again unless u denounce Awo. He is a hard sale. He has lived his life and died, likewise Ojukwu, lets live ours positively.
Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by eggheaders(m): 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
@ Op.you are a barrier to all homo sapiens with this your shyte line of reasoning.God when did this a55 lickers turn to animals like this.nothing we no go hear from this brainless andriods.later now Ganiy and Mandela will also be compared with alams.one thing is obvious the Op and his comrade clowns in stupidity.urgently needs a brain transplant cause the current one in their skull can only be equated with that of an housefly.

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
Bobandgreat: [color=#006600][/color]

What makes it the Bomb, ehh IB.? If everybody starts bringing out artrocities commited in the war by our so called leaders, u may not b able to answer Yoruba again unless u denounce Awo. He is a hard sale. He has lived his life and died, likewise Ojukwu, lets live ours positively.

Please bring out the atrocities commited by everyone in the war

We know what the coward Ojuku did in order to achieve his biafran dream and run to Abidjan at night while molesting toddler Biancar

1 Like

Re: If Awolowo Could Be Pardoned, Why The Noise About Alamieyeseigha by Bobandgreat: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
eggheaders: @ Op.you are a barrier to all homo sapiens with this your shyte line of reasoning.God when did this a55 l[color=#006600][/color]ickers turn to animals like this.nothing we no go hear from this brainless andriods.later now Ganiy and Mandela will also be compared with alams.one thing is obvious the Op and his comrade clowns in stupidity.urgently needs a brain transplant cause the current one in their skull can only be equated with that of an housefly.

Believe u me Great Gani or Mandela would not have agreed with ur post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video: SEE Nigerian Soldiers Running From Boko Haram / Ipob Ready To Negotiate With FG - "Nnamdi Kanu / List Of The 14 Most Useless Organisations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.