Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37402 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 8
Who is Mr. Experience's uncle?
Mr torment
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
mr torment
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=Michaellegend]
Mr torment[/quote
Correct!
Karev 13pts
Damex 8pts(seconding)
You 6pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=Karev_wite][/quote]
U quoted me without putting answer. Why?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=Sammy Hoe][/quote]wtf thunder fire ds network...neva new ma ansa dnt update...i psted d ansa b4 anibodi
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Karev_wite: wtf thunder fire ds network...neva new ma ansa dnt update...i psted d ansa b4 anibodi
Bros suffre on ntwrk now. Na human being like u im be now. Lol.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Bros suffre on ntwrk now. Na human being like u im be now. Lol.
lol d gui no try atal...aniwais 2mre 2 go...if e f me up again na cane
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
Question 9
What did Mother Witch improvise for a blind at her window?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 9
Widow's weeds
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 9
widow's weeds
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
Michaellegend:
Widow's weeds
Question 9

Correct!

Karev 14pts(seconding)
Mlegend 9pts
Damex 8pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
Question 10 (last question for today)

What did Dwarf Faith forget to take along to the Hurt huts?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 10 (last question for today)

shield of faith
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 10 (last question for today)

Shield of faith
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
***Story continuation ***

Mr. Doubt had invited Revenge to the Dilapidation dwelling place to get him to work. Having agreed on a sum to be paid, Revenge left for the Hurt huts to rescue Hope. However, at his departure, Doubt said, “I doubt if this youth called Revenge can indeed avenge Hope’s afflictions by beating down the hurters and bringing back our child, Hopelessness.”
“You doubt?” Limitation was shocked.
“Yes, I can doubt, but you don’t doubt the doubts of Doubt your brother, because my doubts are doubtlessly outstanding.”
“Okay, I won’t doubt your doubt, brother Doubt,” Limitation yielded.
“Good!” he yelled.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
Karev_wite: shield of faith

Correct!
You 17pts
Mlegend 10pts (seconding)
Damex 8pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sammy Hoe: ***Story continuation ***

Mr. Doubt had invited Revenge to the Dilapidation dwelling place to get him to work. Having agreed on a sum to be paid, Revenge left for the Hurt huts to rescue Hope. However, at his departure, Doubt said, “I doubt if this youth called Revenge can indeed avenge Hope’s afflictions by beating down the hurters and bringing back our child, Hopelessness.”
“You doubt?” Limitation was shocked.
“Yes, I can doubt, but you don’t doubt the doubts of Doubt your brother, because my doubts are doubtlessly outstanding.”
“Okay, I won’t doubt your doubt, brother Doubt,” Limitation yielded.
“Good!” he yelled.
tnx 4 d update
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
As the three boys approached the Dilapidation dwelling place, the dwarf bade them goodbye. Conspicuously, Dwarf Faith’s refusal to get into the Dilapidation dwelling place with Hope and Vulnerability was hinged on the fact that he had aversion for their uncle, Doubt, whose sight had remained his major challenge. Little Faith hadn’t gone too far when Revenge approached the two brothers.
“I’m Revenge,” said Revenge. “I can take a guess. You’re Hope, and you, Vulnerability.”
“How d’you know?” Vulnerability got carried away with surprises but Hope kept calm in imperviousness.
“Don’t worry, let’s be friends,” Revenge said as he held out his right hand toward Vulnerability to have a handshake. Without thinking twice, Vulnerability received and shook his hand cheerfully, but his cheerful countenance gave way to frowns when he noticed a look of hostility in Hope’s face. However, Revenge turned to Hope and demanded a handshake with him too, but Hope yelled “No!” when he remembered a quote Father Sage had recited some years back:
When you get hurt, don’t seek Revenge,
But wait for Justice to avenge your hurt.
“You are evil!” Hope accused but Revenge only gave a smile and said, “Hopefulness, you’re wrong. Life is all about me, Revenge. If you seek Justice you may not find him, but if you seek me, Revenge, you will always find me. I’m swift to act,” Revenge paused.
“Listen to me, Hopefulness, Mr. Peacemaker didn’t seek my service when his first child, Virtue, a kind virgin, was raped to death and that’s why the evil rapist is remaining alive till today. If Mr. Knowledge had employed my service when his School of Thought was destroyed, I’d have destroyed every School of Thought in this town to avenge him.”
“It’s enough, Revenge!” Hope screamed. “I’m fed up with your natters.”
“Alright, Hopefulness, seek me anytime you need my help.” Revenge pronounced as he turned on his heel to leave in haste.
‘I’ll never do that,” Hope responded.
“Then your sense is just as less as newborn babies’.” Revenge turned to Hope again. “Little wonder people call you little Hope. Little people like yourself and little Faith have little brains having nothing other than little things to think about.”
“It’s a lie!” Hope impugned. “I think big things, the Island of Greatness.”
“Shut your little mouth, little boy!” Revenge hollered. “The Island of Greatness is a little place occupied by little fairies. You’d better ask me why I said you’re just as senseless as newborn babies and stop arguing.” Hope asked “Why?” immediately.
“It’s only babies who haven’t employed my service. Young and old, great and small, poor and rich have used me one time or the other, time without number. Only babies refuse to seek my help. Instead, they would weep and weep. If they’d sought me, then I’m telling you that most of them would have become motherless by now.”
“How do you mean?” Vulnerability demanded in awe.
“Simple!” Revenge responded. “Most of these babies get offended with their mothers. If only they’d opened their toothless mouths to ask for my help, I’d have murdered their mothers for them, and so, they’d have had no mothers to cater for them.”
Revenge’s speech sounded gibberish to Hope. The senseless speech of Mother Witch while he was in the Attire of Satire began to haunt him. Revenge’s speech had sounded similar.
“Out of my way!” screamed Hope, fearing the outbreak of maggots again.
“Okay, Hope, I’ll leave you alone,” said Revenge. “But I’m sure that someday you’ll need my service.”
“Help, from the Hoodlums? Never!” Hope snapped his fingers.
The two boys remained on a spot to watch Revenge hurry away. Vulnerability’s face was set at Revenge and he felt a sense of admiration for him. He smiled, turned to Hope and said, “Hope, next time I get a penny, I’ll go after Revenge to send him after Badmouth and Loudmouth who beat me up that day. Isn’t it a good idea, Hope?” Hope remained silent, having lent his mind to something else. Vulnerability put an arm around him and said, “Wow! Revenge can also assist you to humiliate Slander junior, who kicked you with his Sandals of Scandal—”
“Keep silent, Vulne,” Hope whispered thoughtfully. “Father Sage hates Revenge, so let’s do the same.” They began to trek homeward...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 17, 2013
Good day all
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 17, 2013
“Asking for a pay without rendering a service?” Mr. Doubt chortled. “It’s absurd.”
“I said I’ve rescued him already,” Revenge affirmed. “He’s on his way with Vulnerability.”
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” Limitation laughed. “Don’t poke fun, Mr. Revenge. Father Sage’s Dotage cottage and Mother Witch’s Hurt are the two homes with the most distance apart in this town, so don’t tell me that Vulne was following that path.”
“Believe me,” Revenge said with a grin. “It will pay off for you to pay me off, then I’ll be off, else I’ll get offended and show you all how I kindled the Fire of Trouble upon Mother Witch and her tenants, especially that stubby one called Stubbornness and that hirsute one called Oppressor.” Limitation and Mediocrity freaked, but Mr. Doubt dauntlessly replied, “Don’t threaten us. I doubt if you indeed did these deeds you say you did. I even doubt if you set your feet into the Hurt huts at all, let alone setting your eyes on Hope, let alone setting the Hurt on the Fire of Trouble, let alone setting Hope free. So, don’t let us set our minds on the fear of your enormous stature and on your—”
“Hope is back!” screamed everyone within as they spotted Hope through the cracks, walking towards some other cracks to get into the room.
“Now my money,” Revenge demanded in haste with his palm opened before Limitation. Without hesitating, she dropped some cash into it and said, “Here, have double.” In a matter of seconds, Revenge had sneaked out of Dilapidation unspotted by the newcomers, having left through some other cracks. Everyone rallied around Hope except Standaloof who was kept standing by Limitation. As a matter of fact, at Hope’s arrival, Standaloof had wanted to go low and crawl to meet him, but her mother prevented her by pulling her up to keep her away from changing her posture.
Hope ignored them all and rushed into his room to rest. Limitation advanced to rush in with him but Doubt stopped her.
“Don’t go after him now. He’ll need rest dearly, so let him have it.”
“You’re right, in-law,” Mediocrity corroborated his speech. “Let’s just be glad that we have back our lad.”
“And let’s be grateful to Father Creator who kept him away from death in the Hurt,” added Limitation as she set her face up to view the sky through the cracks in the roof, but Doubt debunked and spoke harshly, “Lim, stop being grateful to that man who doesn’t exist. I’m highly disappointed that the doctrine begotten by the gut of Father Sage has turned you a bigot.”
“What d’you mean, brother?” Limitation quickly demanded.
“How could you be fooled into believing that there’s any mister called Creator? In fact, I doubt if the so-called Father Creator is in existence. If at all he does, he should be dead by now, because it had been proven that his names were found scribbled on antiquities discovered in every town. So, if he’d existed in millipede years, he’d be extinct by now.”
“What is millipede years?” asked Mediocrity in confusion and Doubt responded, “It doesn’t mean anything now, but after I’ve completed my School of Thought on the premise of Despair my father, I shall make millipede years to mean a very long time ago.”
“Then to whom should we owe our existence?” Limitation asked with a bamboozled countenance.
“Owe it to nature,” Doubt replied. “Everything that happens is all the product of nature, I quote Mr. Atheist,” Doubt added, putting smiles of convictions on the faces of the couple.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 17, 2013
Question 11(first question for today)

What is the name of the c*ock in the Hurt huts?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 11(first question for today)

c*ock of mock
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2013
After Doubt had promised to return to Dilapidation dwelling place early the next morning, he left for his home, the Flirts’ flats. However, Limitation stealthily entered Hope’s room and found him lying in a corner, eyes shut.
“He’s asleep,” Limitation whispered to herself and approached him gently to lay the Blanket of Restriction on him. As the heavy blanket made contact with Hope’s body, he flicked his eyes open and pulled it away instantly. His rapid response stirred up great shock in his mother, who breathed heavily and gaped awfully. She soon gathered herself together again and confessed, “Hope, you amaze me. After all the tribulations you went through in the Hurt, you could still raise your fingers? It’s incredible, I mean!” Hope smiled and replied, “I remember what Father Sage told me last month. He said, Hope, no hurt can kill your hope, yet your hope can die if you give room to Doubt.”
“So—?”
“The pains inflicted by the hurters can not weaken me for too long,” Hope confessed. “Only uncle Doubt’s words can do that.” Limitation smiled quizzically as Hope made the revelation. In a hurry, she cuddled Hope and nuzzled his nose affectionately.
“Okay, Hope, get your rest,” Limitation spoke kindly, something unusual of her. “You may decide not to use this blanket if you wish. Goodnight!” She turned to leave, but Hope called, “Mum!” and she turned back. “I feel like meeting Father Sage this night.”
“Why?” she asked curiously.
“To say a word of thanks.”
“Word of thanks for what?”
“For sending Dwarf Faith to rescue me.”
“Hey, don’t go about that now, Hope,” Limitation spoke worriedly. “It’s not the Dwarf who saved you, but Revenge.”
“No, it’s Dwarf Faith, mum,” Hope insisted.
“Uh...Hope, were you clothe with the em, uh...Attire of—”
“Satire?” Hope completed.
“Exactly!” she expanded her eyes.
“Yes—and so—?”
“Ow!” she howled and sighed. “I’m glad I found the truth. That attire creates some kind of illusions, isn’t it?”
“Of course...and then?” Hope asked as though not having a clue pertaining to what his mother would deduce.
“It’s the Attire of Satire at work, making you see such gigantic Revenge as diminutive Faith. I’d have called you crazy, but no, I’ve discovered the truth of the matter. This attire must be ridiculous indeed, turning that gigantic Revenge into a dwarf.”
“You’re wrong, mum. Dwarf Faith saved me.” Hope’s words didn’t get Limitation convinced, instead, she said, “Last time it was Giant Faith, this time it’s Dwarf Faith. Why are you so particular about the Faiths?”
“They’re kind and—strong,” Hope said with a smile. “I like them.”
“Stop kidding me, Hope. To get you informed, Dwarf Faith is now late. His corpse you’ll ask, eaten by a wild beast, perhaps a wildebeest.” Hope laughed and said jokingly, “Maybe it’s you who’s now in the Attire of Satire, mum.” Limitation set her eyes on Hope in silence briefly and then uttered, “If you haven’t called me mum just now, I would have thought it’s Standaloof you think you’re seeing standing before you. Anyway, Hope, take some rest, by daybreak, I’m sure the intoxicating effect of that attire would have broken away from your eyes. Goodnight! Sweet dreams!” She turned to leave immediately.
“Mum, I still have something to—” Hope spoke, but she didn’t wait to listen. “Dang!” Hope banged his knees in frustration. Hope rose to his feet suddenly and rushed to one edge of the walls where he peeped at his departing mother. When she wasn’t within the scope of his eyes anymore, he jumped out of his room through a round crack as he made to leave the house, this time without Vulnerability.

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=Damex333]
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 11(first question for today)

c*ock of mock
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2013
Damex333: c*ock of mock
Correct!
Karev 18pts(seconding)
Damex 11pts
Mlegend 10pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 17, 2013
Question 12

On whose building site did the Mediocres remain to blow their trumpets?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 12

Whose building site did the Mediocres stay to blow their trumpets?
building Site of miss endurance
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 17, 2013
Michaellegend:
building Site of miss endurance
Correct!
Karev 18pts
You 13pts
Damex 11pts
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 12

On whose building site did the Mediocres remain to blow their trumpets?
miss endurance
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
guis js dai kum here kn ansa ?...u dnt even comment on d stori again or even click d lyk botton...its bad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Scents Of Lust / Broken Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.