Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery (13756 Views)

***~How Old Is Your Laptop~*** / Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria / How Much Can I Get A Hp Laptop Battery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Iceslizer(f): 1:32am On Mar 16, 2013
Valiantvaliant: just purchase a desktop computer
Its a new laptop !!! angry angry angry
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by 7508: 1:41am On Mar 16, 2013
if your laptop is recent (circa up to five years old), consider replacing your mechanical (spinning) hard drive for a solid state hard drive. You will not only get lower power consumption since there is one less spinning device to power but you will benefit from greatly improved computer response, your programs will load quicker, windows will boot quicker which means the processor of your laptop will not have to work that hard which in turn (again) leads to lower power consumption leading to better battery life.

I did this recently and it will take a fair bit of work but not impossible.

ultimately, it depends on the age of the laptop but if you are not comfortable with the above, try not sung the laptop's battery (infact remove it all together if powering it from the power brick)
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by baruten67(m): 1:55am On Mar 16, 2013
Naso my ba3 ma don bring red star pls how much is Compacq original ba3?
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by toluleke(m): 2:32am On Mar 16, 2013
I need to come over and read this when am tru DAZ ALL
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by ibitomisi: 2:44am On Mar 16, 2013
mine iz working perfectly, like 5hrs
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by pauladonis(m): 5:19am On Mar 16, 2013
adaobi123: my laptop battery is shyte ! it doesnt work anymore......the charger has to be in the laptop whenever i use it, so that the laptop can stay on undecided
congratulations, u have turned ur laptop into a television. had d sane problem with my battery in january .....but I can assure u dat my double cell battery gives me a minimum of 4 hours backup.
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 16, 2013
Someone told me all these when I initially bought my system.its beem over 3yrs Now,nd the ba3 lasts 3hrs straight when there s no light.
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by pauladonis(m): 5:24am On Mar 16, 2013
baruten67: Naso my ba3 ma don bring red star pls how much is Compacq original ba3?
got mine for 7.5k......single cell costs half d price.
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by kabba7(m): 5:44am On Mar 16, 2013
This Tkunbo laptop want to eat my moni a local IT company is asking for 7500 for battery ,heard of recharging how reliable is that 'me no dey do yahoo oh !
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Sibrah: 6:26am On Mar 16, 2013
I need a 9 or more cell battery for an Acer Aspire E1-531 Laptop. Anyone with idea on where i can get such?
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by tanimz(f): 6:26am On Mar 16, 2013
Mac users nko? You can't take out a Mac's battery unless you use a screwdriver.
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by jimino(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2013
adaobi123: my laptop battery is shyte ! it doesnt work anymore......the charger has to be in the laptop whenever i use it, so that the laptop can stay on undecided
madam on top Na destop tins b dat o. Go get a UPS 2 complete d package. Na joke ooo
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by damdeloy(m): 7:18am On Mar 16, 2013
thank you for the useful information
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by webcalculator(m): 7:39am On Mar 16, 2013
This society is uncivilized. so, no one to argue OP in any of those cautions. I saw a similar post on digg some months ago and it was really interesting because several people contributed instead of imbibing all that OP said....

Anyway the OP has good points
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 16, 2013
Numbers 4 and 8 are contradicting each other.
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Theloveth(m): 8:13am On Mar 16, 2013
Iceslizer:

Assuming there is a steady power supply, is it a good idea. Just to prolong the life of my battery?
I dont tink its a gud idea.Kip using it with the battery

1 Like

Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Theloveth(m): 8:14am On Mar 16, 2013
A mobile desktop....av got one too
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Theloveth(m): 8:15am On Mar 16, 2013
kinsab: Over 2yrs of use, My laptop batery use to be good but since 2 months now it just mark a red bad sign on the battery icon, since then if I charge it is nolnger holding current ah..... I'm tired of this battery wahala...oo and I guess it have spoil shocked pls how much can I get Original direct come hp pav.batry now?
Depends on the battery size that your HP own should be nothing less than 7k
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by slimyem: 8:22am On Mar 16, 2013
Never knew I could plug a laptop directly to a power source without the battery until now.
Imma try it.
That said,my current system is abt. 2 years old and the battery still lasts 3 hrs or thereabout if its running on basic applications.
Not by my power o.Been using and charging as the spirit leads..grincheesy
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by JEMMYP(f): 9:00am On Mar 16, 2013
Thanks man!
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Biggyd2: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by onegig(m): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2013
Iceslizer:
WON'T NOBODY ANSWER THIS QUESTION? angry angry angry
if you are sure of steady supply of electricity
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 16, 2013
uihebom: that sounds like television to me.
undecided
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2013
oh lord, i only said i have a problem with my battery laptop undecided undecided
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by GoodBoi1(m): 10:40am On Mar 16, 2013
I think u need a new charger. I had same problem with my dell laptop. The cause was a broken chip(pin) in the plug that goes to the laptop.
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2013
Good Boi: I think u need a new charger. I had same problem with my dell laptop. The cause was a broken chip(pin) in the plug that goes to the laptop.
thank you for your help smiley
Re: Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery by onegig(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2013
blink182: Numbers 4 and 8 are contradicting each other.
really?

they are not ? one is advocating you not discharging your battery tottally too frequently and the other says you should do battery recycle once in a month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? / Make Your PC More Secured With These TIPS / Huawei Modem Unlock Code Calculator V3.2 (v1 + V2 + V3 Algo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.