Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? (4585 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 2:03am On May 04, 2013

Romans 13
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. {honestly: or, decently}

14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 6:04am On May 05, 2013
Hallelujah, I am walking in the consciousness of the life of Christ in me and I am living to the fullest.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:13pm On May 06, 2013

Galatians 6

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:21pm On May 08, 2013
Only those that endure to the end shall be saved Matthew 24:13!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2013
Oloriode: Accept the Lord Jesus christ and repent of ur sins.

Accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal savior is just the beginning of a world of adventure that never ends!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:19pm On May 18, 2013

Revelation 22

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:09am On May 30, 2013
Pastor Olu
T:

Revelation 22

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this
book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous
still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every
man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the
last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right
to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and
murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
Repent, Jesus is coming soon, I mean His coming is imminent!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Repent, Jesus is coming soon, I mean His coming is imminent!

Luke 21:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them.

Those who need to repent should do so because it is the right thing to do not just because Jesus is coming soon, This mantra of Jesus is coming soon has been drummed up even from the time of Jesus himself and this is a prophesy has never been fulfilled:

Jesus Predictions::

Behold, I come quickly. Revelation 3:11, 22:7, 22:12

Surely I come quickly. Revelation 22:20

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass. Revelation 1:1
The time is at hand. Revelation 1:3

Jesus prophesies DIRECTLY to the high priest (Caiphas) that he would live to see his second coming. Jesus uses the term “coming on the clouds of heaven”. This clearly negates the “coming” as the resurrection but as a return to the earth on CLOUDS, not his return in human form from the dead. Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.

"But I tell you: From now on you will see 'the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power' and 'coming on the clouds of heaven.'" (Matthew 26:64 NAB)

Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'" (Mark 14:62 NAB)

Jesus tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 23:36 & 24:34

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

YET AGAIN, Jesus says those standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM shall see the Armageddon. Matthew 16:28 “There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Obviously the people he was speaking to died, and curiously Jesus STILL isn’t here to claim his kingdom.

Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, wars, stars, etc.) will occur within the lifetime of his listeners. He purposely defines their generation and NOT a future one. Considering that NONE of those signs took place during the resurrection and that he uses the term of “Heaven and earth shall pass away”, Clearly Jesus is prophesizing that nearly 2,000 years ago Armageddon SHOULD have occurred. Luke 21:25-33

"There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand." He taught them a lesson. "Consider the fig tree and all the other trees. When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Luke 21:25-33 NAB)

John’s Prediction:

John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.” Revelations 1:1-3

John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 22:7, 12 & 20

John thinks he is living in “the last times.” He “knows” this because he sees so many antichrists around. 1 John 2:18

John says that the antichrist was already present at the time 1 John was written. 1 John 4:3

John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 3:11, 22:7, 12 & 20

Paul’s Predictions:

Paul thought that the end was near and that Jesus would return soon after he wrote these words. Philippians 4:5

Paul believes he is living in the “last days.” Hebrews 1:2

Paul believed that Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37

Other Prophecies About end times::

James thought that Jesus would return soon. James 5:8

Peter wrongly believed that he was living in the “last times” and that “the end of all things is at hand.” 1 Peter 1:20 & 4:7
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
cry
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
omonuan: cry

Your point if I may ask? undecided

Are all the scriptures u quoted pointed His coming, you also said people should not repent 'cos He is coming but that is the right thing to do. True, but His coming should make them make the decision fast 'cos when He comes and they are yet to repent, then they are lost.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 26, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Your point if I may ask? undecided

Are all the scriptures u quoted pointed His coming, you also said people should not repent 'cos He is coming but that is the right thing to do. True, but His coming should make them make the decision fast 'cos when He comes and they are yet to repent, then they are lost.

I quoted the verses to show that your claim that he is coming soon rings hollow because for more than 2000 years they have been saying that and yet it has not happened. Your own claim seems not based on anything but your mere hunch. It has become a cliche!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2013
[quote
author=omonuan]

I quoted the verses to show that your claim that he is coming soon rings
hollow because for more than 2000 years they have been saying that and
yet it has not happened. Your own claim seems not based on anything but
your mere hunch. It has become a cliche![/quote]
[quote
author=omonuan][/quote]

You are so wrong 'cos all the scripture u quoted says He is coming! And for His delaying, I bet u have never seen this scripture;

2 Peter 3:9-10

The Lord is not slack concerning His promises, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering towards us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the Heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the element will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 6:48am On Jun 29, 2013
[quote
author=Pastor Olu T]

You are so wrong 'cos all the scripture u quoted says He is coming! And
for His delaying, I bet u have never seen this scripture;

2 Peter 3:9-10

The Lord is not slack concerning His promises, as some count slackness,
but is longsuffering towards us, not willing that any should perish but
that all should come to repentance. But the day of the of the Lord will
come as a thief in the night, in which the Heavens will pass away with a
great noise, and the element will melt with fervent heat; both the
earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable[/quote]
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2013

Salvation is nearer than when we first believe, REPENT AND BE SAVED FROM THE COMING WRATH
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2013
Pastor Olu
T:

Romans 13
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of
sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast
off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness,
not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. {honestly:
or, decently}

14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the
flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 5:42am On Aug 01, 2013
Pastor Olu T: I 'll go first, i think the best way we can prepare for the
second coming of Jesus and occupy till He comes is to live daily for Him.
we live daily for Him and in developing a relationship with Him by spending
time daily in his presnece, we spend time in His presence to read the bible
and pray. As we do this constantly we grow and become more like him daily.
We become Heavenly conscious daily and our motives and lifestyle will be to
please Him all through our lives.

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 2:52am On Aug 18, 2013
Who is that wise n faithful servant that his master put in charge of His household to give meat in due season? Blessed be that servant when His master shall come n found him so doing.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:47am On Oct 07, 2013
One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Many at times when i ask people are they prepared for the second coming of Jesus Christ, they always give me this weird look as if such questions should never have be asked. Then i begin to wonder if something is wrong with the
question, when Jesus was leaving the earth He said occupy till
I come and also watch for you know not when the master shall come.
The way men live their lives today is obvious that many are not occupying neither watching, so my question is how can one prepare for the second coming of Jesus?

Salvation is nearer than when we first believed, are u SAVED and SAFE?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2013
Are you prepared for the second coming of Jesus?

Spending unique quality time in the presence of the Father daily to pray and read the bible, will keep one spiritually inclined and alert!

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Are you prepared for the second coming of Jesus?

Spending unique quality time in the presence of the Father daily to pray and read the bible, will keep one spiritually inclined and alert!

Ignorance!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Jesus is coming back, so says d bible n i believe it, my question 2 u is what do u believe n not just what u think?
Now if @ d end of d day u find out dat all dis is true, what would u say 4 u 'll b lost 4ever?
If @ d end of d day i found out dat its not true, i would say i had a nice time getting there, bt is in fact true my bro.

Fear that's wat keeps people in christianity

Fear is a negative emotion that causes maximum restrictions to the lives of men.

You are only a Christian because u fear that christianity might actually be true and then if u leave, you go to hell.

This are the kind of techniques I use against lil kids but for this to work on adults just means that such adults are not grown up atol
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2013
macof:

Fear that's wat keeps people in christianity

Fear is a negative emotion that causes maximum restrictions to the lives of men.

You are only a Christian because u fear that christianity might actually be true and then if u leave, you go to hell.

This are the kind of techniques I use against lil kids but for this to work on adults just means that such adults are not grown up atol

Fear? U have no idea my friend, well I dont expect much 'cos spiritual things can only be discerned by spiritually inclined/minded people.

No matter the reason u came to Christ, u fall in love with Him. The idea had been love all along n not fear, though one might not understand at the initial stage!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:56am On Nov 30, 2013
ifeness:

Ignorance!

Sincerely i laugh.

U are right, I am ignorant.
I am ignorant to the ways of the world.
I am ignorant to evil.
I am ignorant to so many things that is not of God n the likes.

But u my friend, u are ignorant.
U are ignorant of God.
U are ignorant to good.
U are ignorant to everything that pertains to God, bt wise to everything anti God.

U see the difference between us?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Fear? U have no idea my friend, well I dont expect much 'cos spiritual things can only be discerned by spiritually inclined/minded people.

No matter the reason u came to Christ, u fall in love with Him. The idea had been love all along n not fear, though one might not understand at the initial stage!

I agree with the bold.

You pastor T are not spiritual but religious.

You can never understand spirituality or live for the spiritual side of life because u are caged to religiosity
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
macof:

I agree with the bold.

You pastor T are not spiritual but religious.

You can never understand spirituality or live for the spiritual side of life because u are caged to religiosity

Smile, so what's the difference between religion n spirituality, also animism has also becomes spiritual, tell me what I dont know?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Smile, so what's the difference between religion n spirituality, also animism has also becomes spiritual, tell me what I dont know?

Spirituality is a system of sacred practices in the knowledge and understanding of the unseen world in order to rediscover nature and the universe.

Religion is a system of faith in certain doctrines and worship of a God in line with certain rules that must be followed.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Many at times when i ask people are they prepared for the second coming of Jesus Christ, they always give me this weird look as if such questions should never have be asked. Then i begin to wonder if something is wrong with the
question, when Jesus was leaving the earth He said occupy till
I come and also watch for you know not when the master shall come.
The way men live their lives today is obvious that many are not occupying neither watching, so my question is how can one prepare for the second coming of Jesus?

Watch and pray until the master come? The slave mater to come again?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
macof:

Spirituality is a system of sacred practices in the knowledge and understanding of the unseen world in order to rediscover nature and the universe.

Religion is a system of faith in certain doctrines and worship of a God in line with certain rules that must be followed.

U are right, though not %100 'cos there is no way u can take faith out of spirituality. In fact faith brings u to the realm of spirituality 'cos if u dont have faith u cant experience the realm of spirituality. I have had my share of spirituality, in fact I am going through what I am going through right now 'cos of my stand against religiousity in the church!

So why do u now say I am not spiritual bt religious?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U are right, though not %100 'cos there is no way u can take faith out of spirituality. In fact faith brings u to the realm of spirituality 'cos if u dont have faith u cant experience the realm of spirituality. I have had my share of spirituality, in fact I am going through what I am going through right now 'cos of my stand against religiousity in the church!

So why do u now say I am not spiritual bt religious?

I understand ur point of view but I maintain that spirituality isn't about faith, it's believing but not faith in sense of believing without evidence or logical reasoning.

spirituality often pursues more understanding and knowledge so there's no stable ground to build a faith in but this isn't even important, the important aspect is dat it is a course for spiritual enlightenment and growth of consciousness, no set rules but merely advice. You follow as suited, all for enlightenment and search for truth within ones consciousness to achieve growth and soul development.

Religion is of the core of christianity by acting upon rules to qualify a good Christian from a bad one, standards and rules are all religion is about and it is far from nature and it recognizes or appreciates no force of nature.

I say u are not spiritual but religious because all u do and post here are in line wit rules and standards for the so-called qualities of a good Christian.
You strive to pls someone(Bible God) and not urself, u see no need for knowledge and understanding of the unseen world as u believe u already do all there is to it through Bible.

This is being religious and not spiritual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Your Faith In God Or Religion Ever Been Seriously Challenged? / Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. / Black Hebrew Israelites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.