Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? (4584 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:06am On Dec 02, 2013
macof:

I understand ur point of view but I maintain that spirituality isn't about faith, it's believing but not faith in sense of believing without evidence or logical reasoning.

spirituality often pursues more understanding and knowledge so there's no stable ground to build a faith in but this isn't even important, the important aspect is dat it is a course for spiritual enlightenment and growth of consciousness, no set rules but merely advice. You follow as suited, all for enlightenment and search for truth within ones consciousness to achieve growth and soul development.

Religion is of the core of christianity by acting upon rules to qualify a good Christian from a bad one, standards and rules are all religion is about and it is far from nature and it recognizes or appreciates no force of nature.

I say u are not spiritual but religious because all u do and post here are in line wit rules and standards for the so-called qualities of a good Christian.
You strive to pls someone(Bible God) and not urself, u see no need for knowledge and understanding of the unseen world as u believe u already do all there is to it through Bible.

This is being religious and not spiritual.

I have so many things to u friend about my being religious, bt for some reasons I will reserve it for the future 'cos I dont want sound apologetic.

U talk of spirituality, have u ever had spiritual experiences, if u had, how n it will be nice if u share ur experiences?

And what exactly do u believe in n how can one obtain spirituality?

These questions before we move on.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I have so many things to u friend about my being religious, bt for some reasons I will reserve it for the future 'cos I dont want sound apologetic.

U talk of spirituality, have u ever had spiritual experiences, if u had, how n it will be nice if u share ur experiences?

And what exactly do u believe in n how can one obtain spirituality?

These questions before we move on.

I had scenes of My past life flashed back to me, mostly in dreams at other times it comes suddenly. It was about happening yesterday but I stopped it and concentrated on wat I was doing at the time.

I have had numerous premonitions about incoming bad events.

I believe in the power of my consciousness, that wit it I achieve a lot and develop my soul.

Spirituality is just freedom with nature, experiencing life from the unseen part of life. You can obtain spirituality by feeding ur consciousness, by being close to nature you recognize the forces and appreciate their roles to the universe.

Buddha was a Great spiritual teacher, he gained enlightenment through nature, he connected with his inner self through meditation and a lot was reviled for the development of his soul.
If you want to understand spirituality you need to appreciate life and all about life, you need to recognize the forces of nature around u.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
macof:

I had scenes of My past life flashed back to me, mostly in dreams at other times it comes suddenly. It was about happening yesterday but I stopped it and concentrated on wat I was doing at the time.

I have had numerous premonitions about incoming bad events.

I believe in the power of my consciousness, that wit it I achieve a lot and develop my soul.

Spirituality is just freedom with nature, experiencing life from the unseen part of life. You can obtain spirituality by feeding ur consciousness, by being close to nature you recognize the forces and appreciate their roles to the universe.

Buddha was a Great spiritual teacher, he gained enlightenment through nature, he connected with his inner self through meditation and a lot was reviled for the development of his soul.
If you want to understand spirituality you need to appreciate life and all about life, you need to recognize the forces of nature around u.

Believe I have had spiritual experiences, I am not talking about just dreams n premonitions! So how do u hope to convince otherwise about Jesus, n secondly what make u believe Buddha as against Jesus?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Believe I have had spiritual experiences, I am not talking about just dreams n preconditions! So how do u hope to convince otherwise about Jesus, n secondly what make u believe Buddha as against Jesus?

Wat kinda spiritual experience? Supernatural healing, Falling down when pastors touch u or wat

No, Buddha is not against Jesus

Buddha teaches Enlightenment and growth of consciousness
that's the whole point of spirituality, helping humans build a bond with the unseen to grow in consciousness
it's not about competition
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2013
macof:

Wat kinda spiritual experience? Supernatural healing, Falling down when pastors touch u or wat

No, Buddha is not against Jesus

Buddha teaches Enlightenment and growth of consciousness
that's the whole point of spirituality, helping humans build a bond with the unseen to grow in consciousness
it's not about competition

Seeing and knowing things about the spirit world!
Even if ur teaching do not negate Jesus, bt know that Jesus said He is the only way to salvation.

So what do u say about Jesus being the only way n salvation?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Seeing and knowing things about the spirit world!
Even if ur teaching do not negate Jesus, bt know that Jesus said He is the only way to salvation.

So what do u say about Jesus being the only way n salvation?

I have once experienced the feeling of the spirit world; I was defending by body from intruding spirits and I won- this I felt

Jesus said so, doesn't mean everyone should take that as universal truth.
Different people with different understanding, No human can achieve perfect knowledge of the universe

I say that was made up, because it sounds very silly that humans are doomed except they worship a man who died several years ago.
It's Hell that is the driving force- Souls are eternal because they are pure Energy, free bound and unrestricted.
I cannot say about the existence of a "hell" for souls, but this Christian hell is total fiction because Souls cannot feel pain from fire lmao.

If we think about it properly, we would resolve that non-Christians are doomed already, that's over 60% of the world's population.
Christians don't believe in reincarnation, calculate all humans that have lived from Jesus till now, that would be Trillions and Trillions upon people on judgment day.

A hell which is God's punishment for not accepting his son(Jesus). Wat about those who never heard of Jesus?
In Yorubaland about 400yrs ago No one ever heard of Jesus, wat happens to those ones?

According to Christian doctrines, Spirituality is fetish and Evil just to eliminate the competition, But I have seen Powers here being used for more good than u can imagine, nothing evil about Spirituality, We gain powers from Nature around us, a conversion of energy to work for use in the physical realm, it's how some people use the powers that are evil and not the power or system itself.

Everything Christian God is about Israel, even Christians refer to Abraham as their father- do you share any ancestral blood ties with Abraham?
This shows that the Christian God is one centered, he is not universal and as such Jesus his son cannot possibly reflect all mankind when his father has been an Israel God all along

If Jesus truly is for all mankind, Everyone would have known him, there should have been prophecies about him in China, Ile-Ife, Rome, Egypt, Somalia etc. but there was none. How can such an important figure be coming and No prophecy? When kings or Great warriors are to be born there are prophecies talkless of A Messiah of all mankind.
Even the verses of the Bible that Christians claim to be prophecy made by Jews about Jesus can be disproved.

Now the main point Salvation: This simply refers to "being saved", In most Instituted spiritualities only u can save urself, Ur acts and deeds in life are to be checked those who do bad are punished by the measure of their deeds and those who do good are blessed in the same manner. A Jesus would mean the law of karma is dead and All there is to salvation is accepting Jesus after all the bad u do.

I do not see the point of Jesus, because the world existed fine before him and is still doing so after him.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:07am On Dec 06, 2013
macof:

I have once experienced the feeling of the spirit world; I was defending by body from intruding spirits and I won- this I felt

Jesus said so, doesn't mean everyone should take that as universal truth.
Different people with different understanding, No human can achieve perfect knowledge of the universe

I say that was made up, because it sounds very silly that humans are doomed except they worship a man who died several years ago.
It's Hell that is the driving force- Souls are eternal because they are pure Energy, free bound and unrestricted.
I cannot say about the existence of a "hell" for souls, but this Christian hell is total fiction because Souls cannot feel pain from fire lmao.

If we think about it properly, we would resolve that non-Christians are doomed already, that's over 60% of the world's population.
Christians don't believe in reincarnation, calculate all humans that have lived from Jesus till now, that would be Trillions and Trillions upon people on judgment day.

A hell which is God's punishment for not accepting his son(Jesus). Wat about those who never heard of Jesus?
In Yorubaland about 400yrs ago No one ever heard of Jesus, wat happens to those ones?

According to Christian doctrines, Spirituality is fetish and Evil just to eliminate the competition, But I have seen Powers here being used for more good than u can imagine, nothing evil about Spirituality, We gain powers from Nature around us, a conversion of energy to work for use in the physical realm, it's how some people use the powers that are evil and not the power or system itself.

Everything Christian God is about Israel, even Christians refer to Abraham as their father- do you share any ancestral blood ties with Abraham?
This shows that the Christian God is one centered, he is not universal and as such Jesus his son cannot possibly reflect all mankind when his father has been an Israel God all along

If Jesus truly is for all mankind, Everyone would have known him, there should have been prophecies about him in China, Ile-Ife, Rome, Egypt, Somalia etc. but there was none. How can such an important figure be coming and No prophecy? When kings or Great warriors are to be born there are prophecies talkless of A Messiah of all mankind.
Even the verses of the Bible that Christians claim to be prophecy made by Jews about Jesus can be disproved.

Now the main point Salvation: This simply refers to "being saved", In most Instituted spiritualities only u can save urself, Ur acts and deeds in life are to be checked those who do bad are punished by the measure of their deeds and those who do good are blessed in the same manner. A Jesus would mean the law of karma is dead and All there is to salvation is accepting Jesus after all the bad u do.

I do not see the point of Jesus, because the world existed fine before him and is still doing so after him.

Even if u do not see the point of Jesus, I bet u see all that is happening is just exactly as the bible prophesied long ago!

I thought u said u are a traditional worshiper, how come a Buddhist?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Who is that wise and faithful servant that his master put in charge of His household, blessed be that servant when his master shall come n find him so doing.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
Am well prepared.. Since they say nobody is gonna die,..no problem with am
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Even if u do not see the point of Jesus, I bet u see all that is happening is just exactly as the bible prophesied long ago!

I thought u said u are a traditional worshiper, how come a Buddhist?

What prophecy? People make prophecies all the time, I make prophecies all time. check my posts I even made one for 2014 which would all come to pass. There's nothing special about prophecies, When you make true prophecies you would know that. Prophecies are normal ish. It's all about 'thinking and visualizing the future' a use of consciousness- this consciousness I always tell you about.

I worship nothing but my consciousness. I Am Yoruba, and am a child of Orunmila but saying I 'worship' is restricting me to religion. And I am not religious(except when it comes to defending my ancestral beliefs). I am just a pagan
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pastor Olu T: Many at times when i ask people are they prepared for the second coming of Jesus Christ, they always give me this weird look as if such questions should never have be asked. Then i begin to wonder if something is wrong with the
question, when Jesus was leaving the earth He said occupy till
I come and also watch for you know not when the master shall come.
The way men live their lives today is obvious that many are not occupying neither watching, so my question is how can one prepare for the second coming of Jesus?

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

Any idea where he is taking you to?

You speak like someone who has 0% intelligence. How could you believe such a lie even if it was written in a book. Occupy till i come might also mean remaining useless and unproductive for ever.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Arcsniper: Am well prepared.. Since they say nobody is gonna die,..no problem with am

?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
macof:

What prophecy? People make prophecies all the time, I make prophecies all time. check my posts I even made one for 2014 which would all come to pass. There's nothing special about prophecies, When you make true prophecies you would know that. Prophecies are normal ish. It's all about 'thinking and visualizing the future' a use of consciousness- this consciousness I always tell you about.

I worship nothing but my consciousness. I Am Yoruba, and am a child of Orunmila but saying I 'worship' is restricting me to religion. And I am not religious(except when it comes to defending my ancestral beliefs). I am just a pagan

Well understood, bt bible prophecies goes beyond predictions, all u said there are just predictions.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
ifeness:

Any idea where he is taking you to?

You speak like someone who has 0% intelligence. How could you believe such a lie even if it was written in a book. Occupy till i come might also mean remaining useless and unproductive for ever.

I never knew u are 100% intelligent? Good for u, n I hope ur wisdom will be able to save u in that day.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 02, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

I never knew u are 100% intelligent? Good for u, n I hope ur wisdom will be able to save u in that day.

What day? You have failed to say exactly where you will be taken to by Jesus.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
ifeness:

What day? You have failed to say exactly where you will be taken to by Jesus.

Dont fall my hand nah, as a wise man cant u figure that out?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
If you dont make enemies preaching the gospel and everyone is okay with your faith, then you are simply compromising and a waste to the kingdom.

Contend for the faith by standing for the truth wherever, whenever and to whomever you come in contact with.

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1 Timothy 6:12

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by macof(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
www.nairaland.com/1577497/god-science

pls read and understand. also input your ideology on God and Energy
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by ExpressBooking(m): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
May the good Lord show us His mercies,and keep us ready for His coming.in Jesus name,Amen.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
macof: www.nairaland.com/1577497/god-science

pls read and understand. also input your ideology on God and Energy

I have saved it n would read it later.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
ExpressBooking: May the good Lord show us His mercies,and keep us ready for His coming.in Jesus name,Amen.

Amen, but also meditate on Titus 2:11-12
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 8:05am On Jan 05, 2014
We are in the last lap of our race on earth and would soon give accounts of our sojourneying on this side of eternity. The bible says we should be wise as serpent and gentle as a dove, also it says it is required in stewardship that a man be found faithful.

Let us all arise from our slumbering and receive the light and life of Christ running with focus and perseverance the final lap of the race we are called to!

Seeing wherefore brethren that we are compassed around with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us do away with every sin and weight which easily beset us, and running this race with perseverance that is set before us. Looking unto Christ the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was placed before Him endure the cross, despising the shame and has sat at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1-2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Your Faith In God Or Religion Ever Been Seriously Challenged? / What Is Faith? / Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.