Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? (5163 Views)

Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) / Two Die In Enugu Community Over Adulterous Woman / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by bawomolo(m): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2008
stop fronting ladies.

Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by Gamine(f): 12:02am On Mar 29, 2008
Chivalry is good cheesy
it musn't die.

We've always been equal, why should it die now.
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by ariblaze(m): 4:12am On Mar 29, 2008
trust you to come up with a smart remark
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by Gamine(f): 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2008
Different Definitions of Chivalry

An idea developed first by Queen Eleanor of England. Basically, it encouraged gentlemenly
behavior between knights, and proposed a system of courting ladies to gain their hearts
instead of dragging them home by their hair (sarcasm).

the medieval knightly system with its religious, moral and social code.

the combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight, especially courage, honour, courtesy, justice, and a readyness to help the weak.

courteous behaviour, especially that of a man towards women.

Choosing to not rape a woman, just because you want to.
Jon: "Hey, Jonathan, that bitch is fine."
Jonathan: "Yeah, but in the name of chivalry, we probably shouldn't rape her."
Jon: "Yeah, you're right. Damn it."

shocked shocked

The act of a self-deluded sucker. Self-destructive self-sacrifice in favor of those
seeking to exploit or destroy the practioner. Self-debasement to those seeking
exploitive profit and lack of due recriprocation. Often stupidly misconstrued by those practicing as honorable or altuistic.

Many travesties of justice, self-destruction, and the concealment and promotion of evil have come from the chivalry of fools.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

that's when the girl she goes to get out and the guy opens the door and throws her shit out with her,
so she doesnt have to go back in and get it all herself it's a nice gesture of chivalry

"get outta here bitch and take your damn cat too!"

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by akara(m): 7:45am On Mar 30, 2008
Chivalry ke!!! What a man can do, a woman can do much better.

Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2008
Chivalry!!
thats a new word for me grin
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by icezik1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2008
Chivalry makes sense abroad but is stupid in Nigeria. If you're chivalrous, a Nigerian girl will just walk all over you. You have to be slightly arrogant and show you're a man and not some ass-kisser. If possible bitc-slap the girl every once in a while. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by bawomolo(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2008
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
bawomolo. . .no mind them jare. I LOVE the titanic. . .

@Gamine
LOL. . .na wa o. . .

ice_zik:

If possible bitc-slap the girl every once in a while. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
what a very stupid comment to make. . .no one is asking you to be chivalrous, but at least show her some respect . what makes you a man is not how often you slap a girl or that you even slap a girl at all. see this irresponsible, arrogant, undisciplined men. . .you wan slap a girl like she's a game. come slap me and from that day you'll know why they say women can be devils. oloshi
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by firestar(f): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2008
Interesting issue raised, @ topic.

Regardless of origin African, European, or whatever. Respect shown as well as manners are noble, but should there also be a battle of the sexes demanding chivalry without the inferiority complex? @topic Please reply. Thanks.
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by firestar(f): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2008
Interesting issue raised, @ topic.

Regardless of origin African, European, or whatever. Respect shown as well as manners are noble, but should there also be a battle of the sexes demanding chivalry without the inferiority complex? @topic Please reply. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by just2day: 7:53am On Apr 04, 2008
if one is treating a woman as inferior then one cannot call that chivalry. But, with the way things are going were a girl is expected to pay her side of the bill on a date whethere it be a restaurant, tickets transportation e.t.c it looks like the days of the knights has ended. What we cant forget is u ladies fought and u fought hard for this though u might not think so. What did u expect when u wanted equal rights. You cant eat the icing on the cake and want the cake to look pretty at the same time or something like that
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by Zirconia(f): 11:36am On Apr 08, 2008
I think men and women should treat each other with respect.

Physically, a man is stronger than a woman.

Spiritually and soulwise men and women are equal.

I don't know about chivalry but I no that if a man likes a woman he is appreciative of her and is constantly thinking about ways to make her life easier.

If a woman likes a man she is appreciative of him and constantly looks for ways to make his life easier.

Go figure!
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by Seastone(f): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
Given that most civillized people accept women are equal to men. is there still a place for chivalry?? i believe no since women should be able to perform similar duties as men and shouldn't be treated as fragile beings. chivalry is a remnant of victorian era sexism so why should it continue to exist. i see no reason why it is job of men to open the doors or pay for dates all the time. anyway state your viewpoint
[flash=200,200]http://[center]
Chivalry died when the woman though she was unequal to men.
And now she wants to be equal
Define equal, and who told you that your not?
Man and Woman live simultaneously, ying and yang, without one the other can not be!
So their should be question about equality!
Man and woman need to find unity!
Before Christianity came who were you, and what was your position?
[/center][/flash]
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by jkpretty(f): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2008
Chivalry still exists, it could be far-fetched but it exists, even in Africa Nigeria. Yes i can testify to that for sure. A man respecting his partner is one thing and at the same time being courteous and chivalrous is unquestionably rare but a wonderful package. wink

Do it if ur partner's worth it.

It mustn't die.
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by JayFK(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2008
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by ariblaze(m): 12:12am On Apr 09, 2008
Seastone:

Given that most civillized people accept women are equal to men. is there still a place for chivalry?? i believe no since women should be able to perform similar duties as men and shouldn't be treated as fragile beings. chivalry is a remnant of victorian era sexism so why should it continue to exist. i see no reason why it is job of men to open the doors or pay for dates all the time. anyway state your viewpoint

Chivalry died when the woman though she was unequal to men.
And now she wants to be equal
Define equal, and who told you that your not?
Man and Woman live simultaneously, ying and yang, without one the other can not be!
So their should be question about equality!
Man and woman need to find unity!
Before Christianity came who were you, and what was your position?

i love this response!!!
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by kobikwelu(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2008
there is a difference between chivalry and chauvism.
take this example:
a house is burning and a mother is shouting for help.i bet u , 99.99999999% (error margin +/-.000000001)of the time its a brave guy that jumps into the inferno and rescue's the woman(y not a woman).this is chivalry and it shouldnt die.
when the world trade center collasped, we all saw pictures and head stories of how brave men(y were there no women) gave their lives to save people?
is it not chivalry!!!!it should not die.
any woman saying that it should die is just living in a fools paradise because when she is in a dangerous situation and she needs help , she wll be open to help from any male , who as i said 99.99999%(error margin +/- .000001) of the time will be a male to her rescue.

chivalry is not chauvism!!!
women should seek equity(equal opportunities) not equality(a woman cannot pee in a bottle) angry
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by syren: 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2008
kobikwelu:

there is a difference between chivalry and chauvism.
take this example:
a house is burning and a mother is shouting for help.i bet u , 99.99999999% (error margin +/-.000000001)of the time its a brave guy that jumps into the inferno and rescue's the woman(y not a woman).this is chivalry and it shouldnt die.
when the world trade center collasped, we all saw pictures and head stories of how brave men(y were there no women) gave their lives to save people?
is it not chivalry!!!!it should not die.
any woman saying that it should die is just living in a fools paradise because when she is in a dangerous situation and she needs help , she wll be open to help from any male , who as i said 99.99999%(error margin +/- .000001) of the time will be a male to her rescue.

chivalry is not chauvism!!!
women should seek equity(equal opportunities) not equality(a woman cannot pee in a bottle) angry

That's all I ask for grin So guys can pee in a bottle but still manage to miss the toilet bowl at times undecided undecided
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by ayobase(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
when he is somnanbulising abi
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by Jay5000(m): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2012
If u catch d chic, end d chivalry straight up, save 4 any special occasionz or sumfin. Too much of anythin is bad. 9ja girls are one of the most pampered in the world. It's hard 2 believe but it's true. Anyone who has lived outside 9ja will confirm this. Reminds me of back in d days wen ma sis will call n beg me 2 come back home early to turn on d generator wen all she had to do was turn a key, and she could drive. U don't do nearly as much 4 white women. Ironically, 9ja girls r the ones who complain the most. Dat's y it's hard 4 dem to get guyz outside 9ja n wat do dey do wen dat happens? Turn around n blame it on d 9ja brodas tellin us its our fault cos we're always talking shit abt dem. grin I just luv ma 9ja sistahs. grin
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by decode55(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2014
chivalry for naija girls? undecided

Its so not gonna happen.
Re: Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? by KanwuliaJara: 2:20am On Aug 12, 2014
He has risen from the dead and he is LORD! wink
Only in the third world countries of DISISIS! kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Should Poor Couples Have Children / I Want To Give 20 NAIRALAND Families 50k For Christmas / I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.