Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project (16808 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by FabulousAutos(m): 6:30am On Mar 15, 2013

Governor Rochas Okorocha’s house is among those demolished for the massive upgrade and road network projects in Orlu town.

Managing Director of Timik consult Limited, Mr. Goke Anjoirn, one of the firms, handling the projects, told Daily Sun that the governor approved the demolition because the house fell among those to be removed to facilitate the project.

One item that has featured prominently in the Rescue Mission Agenda of Governor Rochas Okorocha is probably the infrastructural development of the three senatorial zones. To this end, Okorocha’s administration has embarked on massive road constructions in the Orlu zone to reverse the critical infrastructural deficit and now the city is wearing a new look .

Driving from Owerri into Orlu, a visitor is greeted by 87-metre span city gate, arguably the largest modern city gate in Africa that is still under construction. When completed the gate would provide a spectacular view to the entry into the envisaged new city of Orlu.

The city gate spans across two six-lane Orlu-Owerri Road Highway. When Daily Sun visited the emerging Orlu city, road construction and beautification projects were ongoing while some have been completed. Anjorin explained that massive demolition and clearing works, which opened up the town for development, were carried out by his firm.

According to him, even one of Governor Okorocha’s buildings was also demolished to pave way for the expansion of old Orlu city. He said Okorocha had allowed his building to be demolished to underline his administration’s serious intentions that no single individual or group could be above the law or constitute a barrier to the desperately needed infrastructural development in the zone.

The Timik boss commended the governor for engaging local contractors in the development of the area.

He disclosed that his company conceptualised the new Orlu city, which Governor Okorocha keyed into. He also noted that if indigenous contractors were given the opportunity and necessary financial backings, they would perform very well and deliver on time.

“Rochas has tremendous vision for development of the state. A lot of road constructions are taking place in Orlu. Government at all levels should invest in local companies and monitor them. Infrastructure should not be left until it goes too bad before government comes in.

“There should be proper monitoring and evaluation of projects and feedback by resident engineers from time to time. Awarding contracts to only foreign firms will not help in capacity- building.

Project management skills are lacking on the side of indigenous contractors. Employing expatriates to join indigenous companies to help out in projects will ensure quicker transfer of technology,” he stressed.

Among completed and ongoing works in the emerging Orlu city, Anjorin said, included, a stretch of 1.5km of the federal highway from the popular Banana Junction to Nkwoito Junction, which is near completion, a 6.22km stretch of six lanes expressway, from Nkume Y-Junction to Banana Junction, Timik’s biggest ongoing project. “All the required right-of-way for the road expansion project has been cleared and the panoramic view of the expressway is already visible.

From Banana Junction, about 2km of stone base (on one side) had been completed and almost a kilometre of drainages with beautiful walkways over them are ready,” he said.

Also, the Project Manager (Operations), Timik, Mr. Ante Asuguo, explained that work had progressed so fast in Orlu because of co-operation of the community and youth leaders, who love what the governor is doing in the area and have ensured that nobody disturbs the work, as majority of the youths have been employed by the firm.

However, he pointed out that work in the area had been slowed down recently due to paucity of funds, urging Governor Okorocha to expedite the construction works in the area by ensuring that the contractors were paid as at when due. Mr. Joseph Echendu, one of the elders in the area, expressed gratitude to the transformation, going in Orlu and thanked the Okorocha-led administration for the initiative.

He also commended Timik Construction Company for their efficiency and working towards ensuring that Orlu becomes a beautiful city as envisaged by the governor and the people of Orlu.

Another indigene of the area, Mrs. Felicia Okorie was full of praises to the governor for the transformation going on in Orlu. She said Okorocha had performed very well when compared with his predecessors in the area of road construction.

She agreed that the age-long saying of Orlu being the least developed in Imo would soon be a thing of the past. Similarly, a trader, Mrs. Mercy Williams, thanked the governor for constructing the street that runs through the market where most of the neighbouring villages come to buy food items.

The Umuezeala Street is one of the nine streets fully completed and asphalted by Timik while four other similar streets in the area are near completion. Meanwhile, a youth leader, Mgbeahurike Cosmos, said the infrastructural transformation of Orlu was good and urged Governor Okorocha to ensure that most of the roads were completed before the rains.

He further admonished the governor to pay contractors promptly so that they would be able to complete the works on schedule.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/okorochas-house-demolished-in-orlu-for-road-project/

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by acidtalk: 7:11am On Mar 15, 2013
But he will use state funds to reconstruct or acquire a new one.

Who is fooling who?

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 15, 2013
It's a good example he showed there, "lead by example" Even when it's plain that he may use state fund to acquire another one.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk: But he will use state funds to reconstruct or acquire a new one.

Who is fooling who?
Dont be an ediot, if it was Fashola that demolished his own toilet, by now you'd have been Singing ur usual 'Eko oni baje' anthem. Let's for once give honour to whom it is due. Not that that i'm a fan of his though

40 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by oluwadare26(m): 7:26am On Mar 15, 2013
Okorocha for Vice-President come 2015
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Ikengawo: 7:51am On Mar 15, 2013
vice to buhari right?
idiot.

And to be clear okorocha is one of the only govs that refuses to receive any form of government salary

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 15, 2013
Okay.

Okorocha is doing well.

If i say am sixth, he will do better.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Libkid(m): 9:12am On Mar 15, 2013
Abeg who is decieving who nw?.shey later him go carry state fund go build anoda mansion.mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by elari(m): 9:13am On Mar 15, 2013
all na wash. he wants to awake a sense of public sympathy. me can't easily be fooled o.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14am On Mar 15, 2013
Wash!!!!

Somewhere in the IMO STATE 2013 BUDGET, the compensation for that house has been factored in.. Imo State people will build Rochas a bigger, better and more luxurious house than that..

The Bible according to the book of Ichie John 3:16 For Rochas so Loved his state, that he gave his only begotten house, That Imo people should vote for him would not suffer, and have everlasting roads.. King Okijas Version... grin

I dey laff....

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2013
where is that T.A orji? U dey see wetin your mates dey do? Your own na to build swimming pools(potholes) in our roads.. Ediot!!

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2013
I believe if yur fada was a literate.. He might be one all dis politicians choping d money and dat time you go close mouth... Mtcheewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 15, 2013
Yawns......... The contractors have probable teamed up to biuld him a house more massive than the previous ones with full furnishings.

Or some sycophantic partisan.
Trust me, between, bootlickers,contractors and other sycophants, new manshions have already been erected.

My humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Airforce1(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2013
What is Rochas Okorocha please?
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2013
Ikengawo:
And to be clear okorocha is one of the only govs that refuses to receive any form of government salary

Who needs a measly salary when you have direct and unfettered access to public funds?

We're not impressed by these tokenisms.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Flyingngel(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2013
Ikengawo: vice to buhari right?
idiot.

wait until 2015 come before you abrogate the post of VP to Okoracha because People Destroying People (PDP) will kill to rule.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by HisMajesty1(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2013
This man is an enigma.
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 15, 2013
It's good that Okorocha himself is a victim of the demolition. Many would have cried foul had Ohakim's house, for instance, been also affected. Whatever anybody says, Okorocha is my man.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by bigx(m): 9:25am On Mar 15, 2013
An excuse to later demolish houses of those who don't have access to state budgets that can rebuild a better house in days
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by point5: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2013
Dats gud govnance we ar tlkin abt,,but d questn is,,wat is d provisn 4 d common man whoes house was demolishd too,,was dia compasatn or places 2 stay cus irratin a new hous nw is nt easy task..

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by sureteeboy(m): 9:26am On Mar 15, 2013
He doesn't care if his house is demolished or not. He can rebuild it anywhere, anytime,
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Slizbeat(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2013
One of his buildings as it was said. I thought it was his family home. Well, its good though, a politician to forgo a pin of his for development? Nice, even though we know that it would be built back from public fund.

Has fashola ever for gone a pin of his to his demolition and development in lagos state? What his praisers would say is "his house or properties has never fell in such areas".

But with all this, it never stopped my mind from thinking that Rochas move to APC is a bad one and for a selfish reason.
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Arysexy(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2013
Managing Director of Timik consult Limited, Mr. Goke Anjoirn, one of the firms, handling the projects, told Daily Sun that the governor approved the demolition because the house fell among those to be removed to facilitate the project.

@ d boldened, when fashola is busy shouting "Go back to ur village" his broda is in another man's "village" reaping wia he did not sow.

Sophisticated tribalists!

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by PointB: 9:39am On Mar 15, 2013
Some State governors loot their states dry without even demolishing a stall. Let's cut the guy some slacks already, he is not taking salary, and is using the his security votes to fund his free education pet project.

I think he made the right call!
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by janvier27(m): 9:42am On Mar 15, 2013
Airforce1: What is Rochas Okorocha please?
He is the oga at the top in Imo. Later he will let us know the mansions that will replace this. If we point to any of the existing mansions now, he may later reveal another one to us.
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by xynerise: 9:42am On Mar 15, 2013
He has set an example. Bro Rochas carry on.

Pls Rochas, when the new house gets to roofing level pls inform me grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by kunlekunle: 9:44am On Mar 15, 2013
The guy dey study AKINTOLA
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by yuzedo: 9:47am On Mar 15, 2013
elari: all na wash. he wants to awake a sense of public sympathy. me can't easily be fooled o.
Okija_juju: Wash!!!!

Somewhere in the IMO STATE 2013 BUDGET, the compensation for that house has been factored in.. Imo State people will build Rochas a bigger, better and more luxurious house than that..

The Bible according to the book of Ichie John 3:16 For Rochas so Loved his state, that he gave his only begotten house, That Imo people should vote for him would not suffer, and have everlasting roads.. King Okijas Version... grin

I dey laff....

Fact of the matter! Kill two birds with one stone. Destroy my old house built in 1985, COMPENSATE MYSELF HEAVILY, build a fücking modern edifice, voilá! The public sees me as a fùcking saint, I get a super new-ãss house, and everybody's happy! cheesy
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49am On Mar 15, 2013
PointB: Some State governors loot their states dry without even demolishing a stall. Let's cut the guy some slacks already, he is not taking salary, and is using the his security votes to fund his free education pet project.

I think he made the right call!

He is using his security vote money to Fund Free Education in Imo State that is already free according to the UBE act of 2004 abi?! undecided And he is not taking salary, yet he is hand picking contractors for roads in Imo State that according to the law should ordinarily pass through the Bereau of Public Procurement bidding process.

Okay!! I think its time for me to take my drugs.. I'll be right back..

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by akatonero(m): 10:00am On Mar 15, 2013
What is this man trying to tell us self?
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju: Wash!!!!

I dey laff....
Hahahaha Guy have you considered stand-up comedy ?
Re: Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju:

He is using his security vote money to Fund Free Education in Imo State that is already free according to the UBE act of 2004 abi?! undecided And he is not taking salary, yet he is hand picking contractors for roads in Imo State that according to the law should ordinarily pass through the Bereau of Public Procurement bidding process.

Okay!! I think its time for me to take my drugs.. I'll be right back..

In case you didn't know, UBE Act 2004 only guarantees free and compulsory PRIMARY education. But in Imo, Okorocha has taken it further to SECONDARY and TERTIARY levels.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari May Recall Sacked Mani, CSO, To Redesignate Him Chief Detail - Tribune / Akeredolu Attends His First Ever Governors Forum Meeting(pics) / Lai Mohammed Launches Campaign Against Fake News In Nigeria - Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.