Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa (20228 Views)

2 Female Suicide Bombers Kill 4 In Borno / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) / Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by dc555: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
These statistics are absolutely wrong and they are not based on facts.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by k00lxpert(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
even fashola hinder can not come & tell me he has a profound solution 2 naija's compounded & inherited but simple problems. it is a shame on an elected governor to be feeding on Tax payers money & still be boasting to the Tax payers & electorates in whose interest he's ofice to serve & make life more cheaper & easier for dem in their respective locations in the state, but pretended & decide to impose whatever law he like on dem anytime, anyday he feels like doing it. I am not impressed by blindfolded fans of an authoritarian democratically elected supposed leader, who feeds dem with an awful load of cow shit everytime he comes out in public, esp against opposition gov(eg. Pdp) I will personnally write a petition against him on why he's running a state like a biz centre...what if he got to that post as a militry officer? what would hav been u & I fate today? contemptlate on all these aforementioned & stop being fooled my fellow comrades. hav a gud sleep.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by chucky234(m): 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Activcupid:
If a tin of milk is 50naira in 9ja @ Accra its 100naira. With their current currency. U know 1 dollar is 2ghana cedis, and 1 dollar is 160 naira. Check it out na
Na back of school you dey sidon when you dey secondary school.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by vandarsar(m): 11:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
You obviously have zero things upstairs. Seriously how can you not shut up if you don't have good stuffs to say?

ninja4life: Interesting no wonder why governor of lagos state tells people to go to deir village.lagos is an expensive place and not 4 evry1 hmm 2nd 2 comment slowly walks outta thread
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by vandarsar(m): 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
Am a regular reader of the economist since '05, I hardly miss any issue. I can tell you they hardly gets data right when it comes to africa and they can easily be bribed to manipulate or maneuver some "matter arising".

Obviously, if you ever been to Accra, you will know Lagos is F/u/c/ing cheap to live in. Jo'burg is 4 times more expensive than Lagos, and my 3 years old cousin knows Luanda is the most expensive city in Africa.

in essence, I believe Lagos is overrated. Abuja of course is expensive and its still not as expensive as Accra.

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by rill: 12:05am On Mar 16, 2013
It seems dis pple neva enta PH. Place is bleeping expensive.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 2:27am On Mar 16, 2013
I will say tripoli and dakar are too expensive
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by profstar(m): 3:34am On Mar 16, 2013
Okontami: I feel this is a rubbish report that lack all the full facts. I can confirm perfectly that Accra is much more expensive than Lagos.
People like you are worst for who you are, just because you don't like your country, then you try to criticize it in every area you can, that's too bad for you, you need to change
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Nobody: 3:35am On Mar 16, 2013
Don't know much about Accra or Lagos cause i have never stayed there and don't plan to.For Abuja apart from the housing and school i don't see what is expensive there.I stayed there for a Long time.For housing the statistics might be right especially if you stay in the city centre.A bed sitter can go for $3000 annually for there is no one room in that city center.Then for two bedroom that should be around $10,000 annually.Then three bedroom flat should be around $15,000.Sometimes i do ask myself how Civil Servants that stay in the city center do cope considering their meager salary?But corruption can't be ruled out though.But for transportation and other things i.e food stuff and alcohol(wine shop Wuse 2) they are damn cheap.Another thing expensive in Abuja are schools.For those who plan to live there and send their children to a private school they should be ready.I really miss that town
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by profstar(m): 3:45am On Mar 16, 2013
Activcupid:
If a tin of milk is 50naira in 9ja @ Accra its 100naira. With their current currency. U know 1 dollar is 2ghana cedis, and 1 dollar is 160 naira. Check it out na
You don't know what you are talking about, i wonder if you have ever step out of Nigeria to ever change currency, because what you are saying is not relevant to the general discussion.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 16, 2013
Gaddemit!

Lagos and Abuja ARE the most expensive cities in Africa.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by romanlaw(m): 4:25am On Mar 16, 2013
Our oga at the top 'Fashola' must see this report esp. The aspect of pothole cum bad roads....after all his noise and tour of commissioning of renovated roads.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by fdiva(f): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2013
fredopayee: That was stupid reasearch.. Accra cost more dan lagos. And even capital of ivory cosat cost more dan lagos too.
I wonder where you got the fact that capital of ivory coast cost more than Lagos. That place is really cheap, if you even know the name of that country's capital
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by hapholahbi: 6:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Rubbish, PH is more expensive than Lagos

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Capnd143(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2013
Am 100% sure that the used the price of garri to calculate cost of living im lagos and abuja!
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by jephiano: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2013
If Lagos is one of the most expensive cities in Africa then PortHarcourt would be one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Most Lagosians that relocate to PH find the cost of living to be considerably higher than what they were used to in Lag. Abuja peeps also notice the same but console themselves with the fact that they pay less for accomodation.
Yenagoa i think is even more expensive than PH.
Thus this 'research' doesnt really make sense to me.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Ebestsmscom: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2013
blink182: Muslims when de put beer and gin inside kettle.

Just saying

LMAO.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Vmugabe: 8:53am On Mar 16, 2013
Is not as u tink, wot about ph
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Dynamicmedialtd: 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Which city is cheap now for honeymood and rest.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Austinio: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
sheyie2007:
If asaba is very costly, it means you're poor... ultra poor lipsrsealed
its ur Father nd ur fore Fathers are POOR. FOOL
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Austinio: 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
sheyie2007:
If asaba is very costly, it means you're poor... ultra poor lipsrsealed
. Am not poor nd wl never be but its ur Father nd ur fore Fathers are POOR. FOOL
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Litmus: 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Looks as if some from Ghana equate most expensive city with most sophisticated city or best city undecided boy, nairaland is full of bush people.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Networkmaster(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
Malabo is number one, Namibia, South africa and others. Nigeria is not that expensive my good people.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by PapaBrowne(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
vandarsar: Am a regular reader of the economist since '05, I hardly miss any issue. I can tell you they hardly gets data right when it comes to africa and they can easily be bribed to manipulate or maneuver some "matter arising".

Obviously, if you ever been to Accra, you will know Lagos is F/u/c/ing cheap to live in. Jo'burg is 4 times more expensive than Lagos, and my 3 years old cousin knows Luanda is the most expensive city in Africa.

in essence, I believe Lagos is overrated. Abuja of course is expensive and its still not as expensive as Accra.

The mistake you guys keep making is the Lagos been referred to is actually the Island where foreigners reside. This article is actually published for use by expatriates and investors seeking to do business in Africa. If you think places like ajegunle and alimosho are included when assessing lagos, then think again.

The cheapest hotels on the Island cost upwards of 35,000 Naira per night. And they are usually basic duplexes with no recreational facilities. The more elaborate ones cost upwards of 60,000 naira per night. And this is absolutely ridiculous when you consider the price for a 5 star hotel in dubai can actually coist less than half of that price. Johannesburg is extremely cheap. Accra on the other hand is expensive but not anywhere near Lagos.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by ojialo(m): 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
in durban southafrica u pay a selfcontain room for a 1000 southafrica rand, about #17000 a month stupid statistics.
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
CARLISTO77:

Nope. I stayed there for 9 years, so stop misleading people.

recent worldwide survey ranks Douala, Cameroon, as the most expensive city in Africa. Douala is the seat of most of the country’s trade and industry but suffers from poor infrastructure, chaotic growth and a soaring population, estimated at three million inhabitants. It contributes more than 80 percent to Cameroon’s national earnings.

Voice of America English to Africa Service reporter Ntaryike Divine in Douala, says many might be surprised to see Douala ranked as Africa’s most expensive city, rather than Lagos or Johannesburg. But the Canadian group, Mercer Human Resources Consulting, named Douala in its 2007 worldwide cost of living survey.

It’s not the most expensive worldwide. That would be Moscow, named for the second year
http://m.voanews.com/347314.html

http://m.irinnews.org/Report/79784/CAMEROON-Life-in-Douala-one-of-the-world-s-most-expensive-cities
Get educated bro no pun intended.thanks
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
Austinio: . Am not poor nd wl never be but its ur Father nd ur fore Fathers are POOR. FOOL
Lol are you crying? I can help you and your family with 100bucks.."ultra" poor fellow lipsrsealed.. just private mail me like you always do... grin
Re: Most Expensive Cities: Lagos, Abuja Among Top 4 In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
f diva: I wonder where you got the fact that capital of ivory coast cost more than Lagos. That place is really cheap, if you even know the name of that country's capital
LWKMD....U jst make my day....The same ivory coast I knw is expensive?Dakar is 100% more expensive than ivory coast...Water,electricity and tax for here na die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gains We Have Made On Different Fronts, By Buhari In Meeting With British P.M / NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs / Declaration Of Election Results Will Be Speedy - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.