Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Religion Has Been Hijacked By The Devil (By Dayo Isaac Oje) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Been Hijacked By The Devil (By Dayo Isaac Oje) (659 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / Nairaland's Religion Section Has Been Hijacked By Atheist / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Has Been Hijacked By The Devil (By Dayo Isaac Oje) by TDIsaac(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
Religion is a means by which humans relate with the Creator and Supreme being. All over the world, people have various religious affiliations which differ greatly in their belief systems, mode of worship and practices. Very interesting is the fact that each of the religion adherents believe their own religion is the best, the true and ultimately the right way.
Actually, religion should be a very good invention because virtually all of them have teachings and practices that are meant to make humans fear, respect and honour God which also translates to obeying His teachings to love and care for other humans and to see them as brothers. It is good to note that religions teach people that after God the next thing is to live in peace and harmony with fellow men and to care for them. However, what we have now in terms of religion is an epitome of segregation, enmity and competition among various religions which result into hatred and animosity between humans. Also some people capitalize on freedom of expression to create destruction of moral rectitude.
I want everyone to know that if they regard their fellow men as of less importance and think ill of them just because they practice different religions, then they are in the devil’s version of religion. The devil has succeeded greatly in this regard as a lot of souls are being destroyed due to religious intolerance and the zeal for some people to kill in other to appease or satisfy whoever they believe in.
Aside violence, another sad thing about religion is that some religions do not carry strict penalties for errant ones thereby giving people who are directly involved in the religion or those who live in the area where such religions prevail to indulge in all manners of perversion. People capitalize on the freedom they have and patience of God to act in various forms of absurdity. They have all the privilege to blaspheme and commit all forms of immorality without the fear of being punished. Actions that are supposed to be abnormal (i.e homosexuality) are allowed to take place. Acts of parliament have allowed various diversions to be accepted as normal. I keep wondering what our world is turning to.
That accounts for the reason why some people feel religion is a waste of time and should not have existed in the first place. In my own opinion, I believe the problem with religion is that the enemy of man i.e the devil found a right footing in the phenomenon called religion to wreak more havoc in a world where peace and sanity are already scarce.
Conclusively, if you hide under the cover of religion to harm any other person for whatever reason or you feel you have the freedom to practise various forms of perversions then your brand of religion has been hijacked by the devil. My advise : Examine what you are practising and if there is any element of abnormality in relation to how you treat others and the standard of morality, then it’s time you escaped for your life! Take your time to seek after God and find out what He really wants from you as His creature. Religion doesn’t give salvation, it only puts you in bondage. There is ONLY ONE way to salvation, find Him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation / Easter Meat LOST / Ringtones Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.