Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest (841 Views)

Pix Of Gov Rochas Okorocha As Surprise Uninvited Guest At A Wedding Today / Photo:channels Tv Not Too Perfect!!!!!!!!!"good @ Laughing @ People!!!! / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by OduntanGabriel(m): 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
THE NSCDC OFFICER CHANNELS TV INTERVIEW VIDEO being circulated in the media refers.

We sincerely feel the show was deliberately designed and hatched to destroy than to build.

Rather than assist their guest to inform their viewing public that the website of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps is nscdc.gov.ng, the Channels crew wasted quality time to dwell on exposing their guest as ignorant of the website address which I believe have been visited by the Channels crew themselves before the program. It was obvious that the guest needed help with the website address yet the Channels crew failed to manage the program professionally and assist their guest.

They chose to bash the image of the NSCDC officer who apparently believes more in action on the field than gazing into a computer monitor. The inability of the officer to recite the website address on a TV program should not be used to judge the NSCDC whose positive impact on public security has been on the increase lately. I urge the NSCDC not to do its job or blow its trumpet in or rely on the media which can be destructive. Rather, let NSCDC action continue to speak louder than the Media and let the PR officers do their work of reporting the achievements, Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by tpia5: 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
i have to agree.

people have no respect for authority these days.

they just behave anyhow.

seems the organization has been having issues with scammers and who else (trying to get them closed down), and channels tv is involved in whatever is going on.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by tpia5: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
the Channels crew failed to manage the program professionally

i didnt watch the clip but going by what i viewed on nairaland, nigeria has been disgraced once again, not by the officer but by the media and their online sidekicks.

can we ever get it right.

maybe channels should just focus exclusively on reality shows and not feature anything outside that.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by mymadam(m): 10:44am On Mar 16, 2013
Oduntan Gabriel: THE NSCDC OFFICER CHANNELS TV INTERVIEW VIDEO being circulated in the media refers.

We sincerely feel the show was deliberately designed and hatched to destroy than to build.

Rather than assist their guest to inform their viewing public that the website of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps is nscdc.gov.ng, the Channels crew wasted quality time to dwell on exposing their guest as ignorant of the website address which I believe have been visited by the Channels crew themselves before the program. It was obvious that the guest needed help with the website address yet the Channels crew failed to manage the program professionally and assist their guest.

Even though I'm not quite sure of what the NSCDC impact on 21st Century Nigeria really is, it appears that "...the show was deliberately designed and hatched to destroy than to build". I totally agree with the bolded part above. Well, let's wait & see what the egg-heads at the TV House involved will do next. Did I hear you say "nothing"? God bless Nigeria.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by qualified(f): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
I agree with d op.
Either d man did not drop a fat envelope or d presenters have some secret scores to settle with NSCDC.
Tnx too to Nl for blowing everything out of proportion.
How many IGs, minister, DGs know d url of their organizations.
I once heard d owner of BUA cement (a conglomerate like Dangote) cannot speak English talk more of website
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by tpia5: 1:08am On Mar 17, 2013
Either d man did not drop a fat envelope or d presenters have some secret scores to settle with NSCDC.

true that.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 17, 2013
Oduntan Gabriel: THE NSCDC OFFICER CHANNELS TV INTERVIEW VIDEO being circulated in the media refers.

They chose to bash the image of the NSCDC officer who apparently believes more in action on the field than gazing into a computer monitor. The inability of the officer to recite the website address on a TV program should not be used to judge the NSCDC whose positive impact on public security has been on the increase lately. I urge the NSCDC not to do its job or blow its trumpet in or rely on the media which can be destructive. Rather, let NSCDC action continue to speak louder than the Media and let the PR officers do their work of reporting the achievements, Thanks.

He was there to shed light on the Corp and should have at least prepared for the interview.

Shows like this should be encouraged and not dismissed since it shows the pervalance of mediocrity and incompetence of those in the helms of affairs.
It did not shock me that the likes of the guest are in charge of affairs in this country. You just have to take a look around you and see the evidence of their incapabilities.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by pluto04(m): 1:19am On Mar 17, 2013
You have to also blame 'oga at the top' ffor sending a man with no media training or media skills to Channels.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2013
tpia@:
i have to agree.

people have no respect for authority these days.

they just behave anyhow.

seems the organization has been having issues with scammers and who else (trying to get them closed down), and channels tv is involved in whatever is going on.
If he as a commandant does not know the web address then he could as well be scammed too!

1 Like

Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by Kx: 8:38am On Mar 17, 2013
Oga is a popular nigerian word.
Oga at d top was just d man's way of showing respect to his boss.
Its not new in our environ dat govt officials just don't speak without clearance frm dia bosses.
D man was ignorant of his orgs website addy and dat is absolutely normal if his daily routines has nothing to do with websites.
Channels ridiculed d man by over emphasising his ignorance and by so doing caused great pain to his person, institution and disgrace to d nation and journalsim.
Dey shud apologise to him.
Channel's invitees had better bn advised by their loved ones not to honor Chanels tv invitations else dey ll be ridiculed like d nsdc man.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2013
In my opinion, Channels tv presenters are not to be blamed.

We shouldn't get too emotional over this matter. For people that have access to the video, please do play it over and over again.

The man didn't allow them to clean up the mess. He kept on saying wait-wait!
Common saying in yoruba: "Ko fun won l'oro so." One of the presenters was even trying to break it down so that the man did not have misconception of recruitment website, but the NSCDC wouldn't stop interrupting.

The man would've saved himself all of this if he had just been honest for a mere five seconds -
" I can't remember the website address
now" just that!

It is okay & human to sympathize - but not that we should call a spade - a pen.
Re: Blame Channels Tv Not The Guest by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 17, 2013
Kx: Oga is a popular nigerian word.
Oga at d top was just d man's way of showing respect to his boss.
Its not new in our environ dat govt officials just don't speak without clearance frm dia bosses.
D man was ignorant of his orgs website addy and dat is absolutely normal if his daily routines has nothing to do with websites.
Channels ridiculed d man by over emphasising his ignorance and by so doing caused great pain to his person, institution and disgrace to d nation and journalsim.
Dey shud apologise to him.
Channel's invitees had better bn advised by their loved ones not to honor Chanels tv invitations else dey ll be ridiculed like d nsdc man.
sorry it is NSCDC, dats all grin
The man must have been informed of some things he will be interviewd on, why did he not prepare?
Can he face HardTalk of BBC with Steven, without preparing? I thnk Channels must be congratulated, anybody going there must know they are going to face thorough questioning

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Tinubu Blasts Jonathan, Says President Should Resign. / Osun Under Attack / Buhari Not Boko Haram Sponsor-GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.