Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (14427 Views)

Co-workers Who Could Sabotage Your Career / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by donsax: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2013
My real oga

3 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by KINGwax(m): 10:30am On Mar 16, 2013
Zzyzx92: Go and hang yourself at the Top
cOOOoooOOL!!!!!
That's all
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Paulonminyi: 10:32am On Mar 16, 2013
candygosh: He shouldn't only be punished but should be fired.
Why must he extend his folly to a working environment.
That's unprofessional
even u.u dnt ve ogas on top of u? In any bearucratic gov dot com. Sorri am abt 2 say in any parastatal we ve oga on top. Or oga at midway top.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Mathewa(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2013
Laughin!!
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by plendil: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

My Question is, Shouldn't organizations pass a memo to ban this trending joke during Office house amongst its employees?

Methinks a memo requiring employees to have at least the basic info of the organisation they work for, such as its official website address, will be more desirable. Had that been the case, the joke would not have arisen in the first place.

Tackle the cause, not the effects.

3 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2013
amiskurie:
Acidtalk,but u can cook stories o.only u had like 4 experiences.I hail thee!

The guy way na. Im sabi cook up stories come personalise am then use am open thread.

I don't why one should be bothered about something that will just fade away with time.

Let it run its course and it will pass.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by emmatok(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

Let us be serious and sincere for once. Even if this joke is said on forums and amongst friends during social gatherings should employees of top organizations (or any organization at all) take such joke to their work place?

This is your second thread on this issue.

Is the man your father?

The word OGA is not new in corporate Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by ujchief(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2013
Like I said in another thread:

ujchief: In another unrelated news; the officials of nairaland has encouraged this oga@top trend by moving all the threads to frontpage. Right now, more than 3 of such topics are on the frontpage and gathering traffic for nairaland.

Please, when it finally becomes old and boring, don't go on a banning feast, banning all those that drop the comment here and their. You are actually encouraging them now.

I knew what we went through in the hands of the garri gang and the 'first to comment' gang before now.

Don't click that 'ban' button when the phrase becomes old and annoying.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 16, 2013
amiskurie:

Na the guy way na. Im sabi cook up stories, come personalise am then use am open thread.

I don't know why one should be bothered about something that will just fade away with time.

Let it run its course and it will pass.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Amya(f): 10:59am On Mar 16, 2013
People can sha take things too seriously. It's just a joke.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by juman(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2013
Meaningless thread. Hiss.
OP always like to make a lot of fabulous jiggy-jags.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by ujchief(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2013
amiskurie:

Seems you're new to nairaland. Aidtalk cooks up stories just like Musiwa. But our dear musiwa uses satelite pictures to prove his own storiesgringrin

#acid, how far for those your predictions? I lost count of how many of them failed to come to pass. The last time you posted another one, it was about super eagles exiting the nations cup at group stage...#

2 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by bright007(f): 11:03am On Mar 16, 2013
No..it shouldn't be banned.There is already a movie out there on the viral comment.

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by amiskurie(m): 11:10am On Mar 16, 2013
KINGwax: we can't jes get serious like dt without d permission of our O.G at the top. Sebi I try for dt one? Nice modification, Ugh?
our novelist, acidtalk, is somehow new to u. I guess.
Will u wait till he tells u his germen shephered said so too!!
just that I never knew he's this sophisticated. cheesy
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by amiskurie(m): 11:13am On Mar 16, 2013
Zzyzx92: na wa o...i tink say na only me observe am oo
Maybe we rename him"too can cook?"
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by amiskurie(m): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2013
Watchout for nollywood trailer,blockcuster,"oga at the top"Acidic version.will premier on the frontpage on this same nairaland.soon!
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by dramendra: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2013
Its democracy, and freedom of speech, I heard a police man asking a driver, my oga at the top can I see your papers. So no scolding of anyone, let the foolish illitrate face his shame like the first lady did.

4 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by clemz85(m): 11:28am On Mar 16, 2013
smth for the children of the Most High, my gift for ur dp.
costumizing my t-shirt sharpperly sharpperly

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by SHARA33: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2013
Nairalanderz come-on lets face the truth. we have so many competent graduates out there doing Okada business...while these corrupt and counterfeit Ogas at the top...force their way into leadership just for the money sake ...its ok to disgrace them. lastly, can someone please remind me of the website of the NSCDC? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by crackhouse(m): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk again!, i can see u are related to the NSCDC man. how come u are trying to clear the man's name like this or were u paid?. this is the second post coming from you on this issue.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Airforce1(m): 11:33am On Mar 16, 2013
Please be patient let me ask my oga at the top
Cuz I don't want to say something now and my oga will say another one.

Daz all grin

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 16, 2013
candygosh: He shouldn't only be punished but should be fired.
Why must he extend his folly to a working environment.
That's unprofessional

Do you work with fire service

Greet your Oga@the top.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2013
This has been discussed before, this trend like others before it will pass away. No one can kill it, it will die on its own. Just let it be.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by amiskurie(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2013
ujchief:

Seems you're new to nairaland. Aidtalk cooks up stories just like Musiwa. But our dear musiwa uses satelite pictures to prove his own storiesgringrin

#acid, how far for those your predictions? I lost count of how many of them failed to come to pass. The last time you posted another one, it was about super eagles exiting the nations cup at group stage...#
Acidtalk is cool,but he can be so undecided at times that you would wnt to break a bottle.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 16, 2013
Acidtalk the boyboy at the below, the speaker for left right zombies must think we all work in the cdcc office.

Oga at the middle is probably issuing queries righyt left and center to any 'disloyal' boyboy at the below with the effontery to view a MOATT meme
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 16, 2013
amiskurie:

hahahaha, are you insulting my oga@the top
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by lonelypal(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2013
plendil:

Methinks a memo requiring employees to have at least the basic info of the organisation they work for, such as its official website address, will be more desirable. Had that been the case, the joke would not have arisen in the first place.

Tackle the cause, not the effects.
Spot on...@ OP u obviously lack sense of humour, u shld av ursef checked On top...ds just a fuckn rave of d moment...wil def fade away wiv time n if it doesnt, deal wiv it or u fit go hug transformer
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Tonitelli: 11:43am On Mar 16, 2013
SHARA33: Nairalanderz come-on lets face the truth. we have so many competent graduates out there doing Okada business...while these corrupt and counterfeit Ogas at the top...force their way into leadership just for the money sake ...its ok to disgrace them. lastly, can someone please remind me of the website of the NSCDC? grin grin grin

Ww.nscdc....."clears throat.....daz all!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 16, 2013
bright007: No..it shouldn't be banned.There is already a movie out there on the viral comment.

Mr. Ibu will make a very good Oga@the top.

Abeg make una laugh while it lasts.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by amiskurie(m): 11:49am On Mar 16, 2013
okpara ugo:

hahahaha, are you insulting my oga@the top
Na lowkey I dey,I no get horns to lock o. lipsrsealed
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by johnstar(m): 11:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Is der knw order topic apart 4rm dis oga stuff undecided, dis site shuld also be ban, bt make I first sell my gadget first undecided undecided, make dm put my post 4 front page jawe
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by goldfish80(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2013
ΤђΞ only inappropriate joke not to use at office hours should be lewd jokes, apart from that, employees can joke about anything. It helps in bonding απϑ better work environment.
Acidtalk seems to be so particular about this oga at τђΞ top case. I suggest υ just leave it alone, it will die α natural death. Just give it α fortnight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips On How To Stop Being A Digital Slave. / 1.7 Million Nigerians Became Jobless In Nine Months —NBS / How Should I Respond To My Boss Who Fired Me Via Email?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.