Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,833 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (14426 Views)

Co-workers Who Could Sabotage Your Career / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by yemmy19(m): 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk: I went to a Glo Customer care centre yesterday to make a complain and to my greatest surpeise and dismail, the guy attending to me kept on repeating "Let me go and ask my oga at the top", "don't ask me, go and ask our oga at the top" refering to his colleagues (a male and a female). While the female chukkled a few times, the other guy was obviously irritated and kept on frowning. He didn't utter a word probably because of the few customers around.

Samething thing happened at a GT Bank branch same yesterday. A junir staff came to take some files from her colleague to go delivver to a senior staff upstairs. To my disgust the male staff kept asking "is it the oga at the top that told you to come and take this file?". The obvuiosly irritated and tired female colleague had to audibly ask him if he wasn't tired of repeating same joke all day? The guy was obviously embarrased as even some customers on queue scolded him for not acting like a professional during office hours with such joke.

I just read on another thread on nairaland about how a doctor repeated this same joke to an anxious mother who brought her sick child to the hospital.

My Question is, Shouldn't organizations pass a memo to ban this trending joke during Office house amongst its employees?

Una see tribal mark for my face,na only u dey come across all ∂!ѕ experiences,guy go pack ur siblings aπϑ start to tell them lies cos me wan drop ℓ̊ no ðεƔ go again,haba!.....u ar not even different frm d "my oga @ †ђξ top" cos ur composition self na ogbonge
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by dadicvila(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

Let us be serious and sincere for once. Even if this joke is said on forums and amongst friends during social gatherings should employees of top organizations (or any organization at all) take such joke to their work place?
haba!!!Oga you too like attention.....take am easy abeg,in due time the "Oga @ the top joke will become boring and outdated"..you can't force it,just be patient,except you are just using the whole affair to seek attention as you usually do
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Dospix(m): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
amiskurie:
Acidtalk,but u can cook stories o.only u had like 4 experiences.I hail thee!
this post by acidtalk was cooked.If u don't like phrase, close ur eye and ear whenever u hear people use it.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by touchmeder: 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nah its just what it is a joke. It is going to die a natural death but certainly people have to be professional at work at all times.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by TriggerHappy: 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
180 million CLOWNS, my oga at da top is now da new craze in mugugeria. Nairaland is turning into a joke now.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
@Op, hope u r a worker sha, this one u just moving from one organisation 2 another spotting who n who I saying "MyOgaAtTheTop". If u r not working better face whatever Is facing u n let others have fun while "MyOgaAtTheTop" joke last.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by kennydee05(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
First of all is "my oga @ the top a punishable offence"?
What then is now the freedom of speech?
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
amiskurie:
Acidtalk,but u can cook stories o.only u had like 4 experiences.I hail thee!
Rule of the thumb...Always take any thread started by Acidtalk as fiction. Nairaland 101. EVERY single post he starts is fake. Just read it for reading sake.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by ektbear: 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
So I missed this whole meme. Is there a video of it available?
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by lawizle(m): 12:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
D ppl I feel most for are dose working in CDCC...dem no born dem well to talk ds joke for office..dem go c d red eye of dr oga at the top..

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by tiwasiaife(m): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Am a victim my 1st appearance on NL i wntd to ask to ask my oga at the top Seun hw to reply a msg. And i was banned.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Sike(m): 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
A Joke Is a Joke... Irrespective of the location. My Oga at the top self can't deny it.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by okechukwu2013: 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hi Nairalanders I just enterd today oh I have been an observer all this while but I have caught up with MYOGA@DTOP virus so more side lines oh! This is because where I Work there are a lot of OGAS@DTOP.

So back to the point why is it wrong to use the term at work place? This is a country where no one wants to take responsibility, we all shift it up and who born you to play the Oga at the top role. In my work place we call it escalating it to your hairachy! This is only another way of saying MYOGA@DTOP!

I DEY COME OH

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by chucksbadt(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk: I went to a Glo Customer care centre yesterday to make a complain and to my greatest surpeise and dismail, the guy attending to me kept on repeating "Let me go and ask my oga at the top", "don't ask me, go and ask our oga at the top" refering to his colleagues (a male and a female). While the female chukkled a few times, the other guy was obviously irritated and kept on frowning. He didn't utter a word probably because of the few customers around.

Samething thing happened at a GT Bank branch same yesterday. A junir staff came to take some files from her colleague to go delivver to a senior staff upstairs. To my disgust the male staff kept asking "is it the oga at the top that told you to come and take this file?". The obvuiosly irritated and tired female colleague had to audibly ask him if he wasn't tired of repeating same joke all day? The guy was obviously embarrased as even some customers on queue scolded him for not acting like a professional during office hours with such joke.

I just read on another thread on nairaland about how a doctor repeated this same joke to an anxious mother who brought her sick child to the hospital.

My Question is, Shouldn't organizations pass a memo to ban this trending joke during Office house amongst its employees?

please did your English teacher die early? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by tonididdy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

Let us be serious and sincere for once. Even if this joke is said on forums and amongst friends during social gatherings should employees of top organizations (or any organization at all) take such joke to their work place?
YOU AGAIN ...hmm did the oga at the top hire you...or is he your oga at the top.cheer up bro,stop being a party pooper geez ANTI-moatt
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
I'm not sure. Because in my office, it is'my oga at the top' that is cracking jokes about 'my oga at the top.'
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by VillageBoi(m): 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
It depends. For certain jobs where a professional manner in front of customers is needed at all times like in a bank for example the staff doing it should be fired immediately. No ifs & no buts. On the spot dismissal!
For co-workers you may do it once or twice; after that it becomes irritating.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
chucksbadt:

please did your English teacher die early? undecided undecided

I don die!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Guy you WICKED!
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Yes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by cecegorz(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2013

You are damn hilarious man! Though trying to sound serious.
You mean a whole company execs will have to sit down in a meeting just to craft out penalties for staff using 'oga at the top' jokes?
You must be a joker!
Enjoy it while it lasts bro, Nigeria in itself is one big comedy central. This will soon pass away, another gaffe is already on the queue.
DAZ ALL!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
cecegorz:
You are damn hilarious man! Though trying to sound serious.
You mean a whole company execs will have to sit down in a meeting just to craft out penalties for staff using 'oga at the top' jokes?
You must be a joker!
Enjoy it while it lasts bro, Nigeria in itself is one big comedy central. This will soon pass away, another gaffe is already on the queue.
DAZ ALL!!!

the guys works in govt is all. jobless people with no real work.

i'm sure they are posting memos about stiff penalties for ogaatthetoppers
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by MicroBox: 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
Because its work then we shouldnt lol again abi, because na work make we no mess again abi
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Oballer: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
wow...acid talk..only you went to Glo and GTB just to go and hear this ridiculous viral joke....why not try go to Gombe, Gambia and Guatamala to exhaust all the G words looking for Oga at the Top jokes..while i agree that it is unprofessional to use the word during work hours in a firm that requires such anyway like customer care etc it depends on the corporate culture of every organization...so chill out and we will see it fizzle out like madam patience' jokes.........Easy

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by biijei(m): 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
ok seriously, ds "oga @ d top" tingy has strtd getn irritatn kinda.... Usd 2 be hilarius readn bout it buh sme pple r jst unecessarily overdoin d whole tn... So much d@ seein or hearin anytn related 2 it nw cn dampn sm1's spirit......
We suppose sabi do smtn small small naaa #sigh... sme pple sef #smh
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by zenatta: 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

Wait...wait, wait...I can catergorically tell you... that my oga at the top... has made known... to his oga at the top of a multiple website, www, that is making waves in town. His Oga at the top says "its going to be a long-lasting, messy richocheting affair, people will roflmao, some will lol, others will lwkmd, but I will only smh, that's all".
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Costa2000(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
Workers are free to use ogas at the joke now.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by arki(m): 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
jammyng: When repeated unnecessarily is wrong. But others nothing wrong using that in an office as long as it is necessary. I think one can use "my boss at the top". That's better grin
Pls neva mind my ignorance,i'll like 2 knw d meaning of that statement, "oga at the top" is it a comedy or wot?
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by idrisolaide(m): 7:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
If i Hear! I even use am for my HOD Self Yesterday before close of work grin
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Kayman4life(m): 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dear All, I'd like to ask that we do please be a bit more responsible with our use of social media specifically regarding the 'Oga at the top matter' it may have made for a good laugh in the beginning..but now its an overkill, with Tshirts, Dp's, viral videos,pple following the man's children on twitter...these have now become abit too heavy! His wife went to channels to protest his inability to sleep! Do we need a suicide case on our hands just for a few laughs?- pls let's 'keep it down!'..not to mention that we are further hurting our countrys image when we go viral with these..Pls be sensitive. End it! Don't forward videos, any thing viral, don't comment on websites etc. Help a man here afterall we all don't get obvious things right all the time. sign ur name and forward if you agree. Many thanks! Kassey
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by acidtalk: 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
For those who still think this whole thing is funny, let us all answer this question genuinely on this thread.

Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google?

https://www.nairaland.com/1227898/know-school-offices-website-without
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by konami001: 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk: For those who still think this whole thing is funny, let us all answer this question genuinely on this thread.

Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google?

https://www.nairaland.com/1227898/know-school-offices-website-without

LET ME ASK MY OGA AT THE TOP FIRST....I AM C*U*MMING!

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by acidtalk: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
konami001:

LET ME ASK MY OGA AT THE TOP FIRST....I AM C*U*MMING!

You are a big fool.
Your children's mate in China are there innovating things that you most likely never be able to imagine and here you are making an idiotic specie out of yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Warning Signs That You Won’t Get The Job – And How You Can Fix It / 5 Signs A New Employee Won't Make It In Your Company / Tips On How To Stop Being A Digital Slave.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.