Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? (9782 Views)

Gear Selection Issue On Golf 3 / See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by layday2005: 10:01am On Mar 16, 2013
Is it possible for a faulty brain box to cause transmission problem? it jumps, jerks and flashes drive light.
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by achinaboy(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2013
if the brain box is faulty,the car will not start,maybe it`s distribution problem
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2013
layday2005: Is it possible for a faulty brain box to cause transmission problem? it jumps, jerks and flashes drive light.

yes it can but it is very very rare

let us the problem you are having then we can narrow down to where the problem is

i assume that the car is an automatic

there is not link between distribution (coil pack) and gearbox
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by layday2005: 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
The car is baby boy, v6.automatic, 1998 model. i av done alot like oil drain, switch change, gear service and scanning but the problem still persists. it pulls, jerks and blinks drive light. kindly assist.
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
layday2005: The car is baby boy, v6.automatic, 1998 model. i av done alot like oil drain, switch change, gear service and scanning but the problem still persists. it pulls, jerks and blinks drive light. kindly assist.

sorry i am a zimbabwean, tell us the actual make of the car not the nickname we give them

since the drive blinks, am sure a code must be picked if scanned, yes you did scan but the question is the tool that scanned was it a simple cheap ones or those fully equipped one

cheap ones wont pick up anything
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

sorry i am a zimbabwean, tell us the actual make of the car not the nickname we give them

since the drive blinks, am sure a code must be picked if scanned, yes you did scan but the question is the tool that scanned was it a simple cheap ones or those fully equipped one

cheap ones wont pick up anything

he's referring to the 1997-2002 Honda Accord for the US domestic market (USDM).
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by cretin: 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
hope u are changing the fluid with correct honda atf fluid?
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by layday2005: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
i used ATF III
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by 7mentrouble(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2015
my 2002 camry gear moves freely without selecting any gear. what can be de cause?plzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by mayor2013: 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
7mentrouble:
my 2002 camry gear moves freely without selecting any gear. what can be de cause?plzzzzzzzzzzz

Run a scan and get a proper trouble shooting done. What kind of transmission oil did you use? Have you serviced your transmission. If you need proper diagnosis and a scan and you are in lagos. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837, bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by ryanfletcher: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2015
there is a reason they call it a brainbox,if your brain isn't functioning can you type with your fingers,likewise very other part of the car
Re: Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? by amilebills(f): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.SW Drive

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man With 7,000 Luxurious Cars(sultan Of Brunei) / Cars With Good Resale Value / Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.