Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. (5496 Views)

Some Of Ezu River Bodies Were Shot – Senate / Kidnappers Executed And Dumped In Ezu River / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan: The "Ezu River 50" incident has to be probed by a judicial commission of inquiry!

Yes, to recommend a restructuring of the police at least to demand that force members should be serving in their own tribal areas in Nigeria. It is clear enough to me that Nigerians have not risen above tribalism in politics; what makes us think that they can rise above it in security services?

But on the issue of the dead people, it is necessary that the culprits are arrested, tried, convicted and hanged according to Nigerian law. Anything short of that would not be fair to the deceased. We need to start latching on to cases like these and never letting go until culprits are handed down the punishment prescribed by the law. We also need to reject any diversions.

Thanks.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^^
True. That's why the Nigeria Police Force needs to be totally overhauled. A new set of managers and trainers (for the police colleges) need to be hired by the FG, in order to ensure that a new professional orientation is entrenched in the force. Another alternative could be the enactment of a constitutional amendment which allows states to set up their own police forces.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
True. That's why the Nigeria Police Force needs to be totally overhauled. A new set of managers and trainers (for the police colleges) need to be hired by the FG, in order to ensure that a new professional orientation is entrenched in the force. Another alternative could be the enactment of a constitutional amendment which allows states to set up their own police forces.

In all honesty, state police would be the first honest attempt at solving this problem; but it seems like there are elements within Nigeria that are hardcoded with a third world mindset. The most annoying part of it all is that the country we copied her political system -the US- has SEVERAL LEVELS OF POLICE FORMATIONS. Even certain public transit companies have their own police. That way it is easy to hold someone accountable should something go wrong.

Why on earth would a single police force with a singular boss (based in Abuja) serve a nation of 170 million with 36 states, 6 geopolitical zones, and 250 different ethnic groups? Pray how is that even remotely possible?

Professionalism must start with RESTRUCTURING (read dismemberment of current force).

I am not a supporter of death penalty in civilian cases of murder; BUT I am a ardent supporter of death penalty in cases of security agents killing civilians. No option of fine, or compensation would do in those cases. Else, it means that Nigeria has sacrificed the lives of the entire 170 million citizens to a motley force of 300 or so thousands of individuals. It would then mean that the military government served Nigerian civilians better.

So, all remedies are welcome, provided that the killers are brought to justice according to Nigerian law -a life for a life!
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
So, I guess I am ditching my earlier position on death penalty, just to ensure that killers of helpless Nigerians are brought to justice and handed down with a MAXIMUM sentence.

Nothing else would deter demons in security services.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^^
I concur with your position on establishing state police. State Police will be responsible for investigating most crimes, with the exception of financial crime and human-rights abuses. Those should be handled by a federal police, just like the FBI in the US.
Inter-state crime (same set of criminals committing crimes in 2 or more states) would definitely be within the purview of the federal police.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
I concur with your position on establishing state police. State Police will be responsible for investigating most crimes, with the exception of financial crime and human-rights abuses. Those should be handled by a federal police, just like the FBI in the US.
Inter-state crime (same set of criminals committing crimes in 2 or more states) would definitely be within the purview of the federal police.

I once advocated the scrapping of current police force and replacing it with current SSS for starters.
Then states should form their own police forces according to a nationally agreed criteria. For example, known tribalists should not serve in any state police in the country.

Heck even IBB recommended state police. Warts and all, that guy still remains the most intelligent northerner to rule Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^

Anyway, I digress!
What we need for NOW is JUSTICE FOR THOSE HAPLESS NIGERIANS KILLED WITHOUT COURT PROCESS.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by manny4life(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
Onlytruth: ^^

Anyway, I digress!
What we need for NOW is JUSTICE FOR THOSE HAPLESS NIGERIANS KILLED WITHOUT COURT PROCESS.

Haha, I feel your pain as well

However, let JUSTICE prevail. Justice shouldn't be swept under the carpet like it never happened, slowly but surely, we'll get there.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by alex101(m): 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
If Igbo politicians do not see the need to push for a state police, then I must say they're as blind as a bat. What most of us Igbo don't get is (in addition to the jealousy and envy we get all over nigeria), we are in a country that tolerates and encourages violent form of Islam. We live along side lslamic fundermentalists whose only aim is to subjugate others of different faith and ethnicity. One of the most closely guarded secrets is the extremist form of Islam that is being practised in northern nigeria.
So you can imagine what a police or military officer with an extremist view will do (with little or no provocation) when posted to Igboland. Stopping these types of crimes has to start from everybody in Igboland engaging in some coordinated type of critical and logical thinking. We are loosing too many young men with no form of repercussion visited on our foes. "Geopolitical-Zonal" police is a logical way forward at this point in time.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 2:20am On Mar 20, 2013
The killing started way before Kano bombing. Every sensible Igbo should see it and be on FULL alert mode.
Shying away from this thread will never change the facts on the ground. The mayhem will never stop until we call it by name and face it head on.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by cfours: 4:57am On Mar 20, 2013
another stup[size=1pt].[/size]id biafra-cabal thread filled with a bunch of tribalistic farts.
you aren't fooling anyone here.

soon they will come up with a story of how 50 bodies that washed up the river in Anambra were killed by yorubas or hausas (if they haven't done that already). rubbish
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by cfours: 5:06am On Mar 20, 2013
Mr McJay: The madness called extra-judicial killings is not one peculiar to any tribe, so no need playing the victim's card. The Orie-Ohabiam market deaths which occured in Aba and claimed about 37 lives was perpetrated by Igbos. What we need to do is to demand that justice be done at all levels. When we start rejecting monetary compensations and insist on lengthy prison sentences and execution for killer state agents, we'll make a bold statement.

As for the Apo Six, I saw the pictures of their families smiling like roasted goats while receiving 'compensation' from the police. That isn't compensation, it is 'shut-up money'.

you are speaking to unrepentant schemers. they know exactly what they are doing and the mischievous acts they are up to. it has nothing to do with seeking justice but everything do with their tribalistic mission against hausas and yorubas.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by bamuhanya: 7:11am On Mar 20, 2013
I feel for the victims.Not only this ones but all others even yet to be discovered.I am from the North and I share in your pains.Igbos need to keep tribalism out of such issues.So Nigeria as a whole stands with you for justice.It would be hard and difficult for someone like me despite my feeling towards this unjustifiable killing of the innocent to come out and join your ranks for justice with fingers already pointed toward me and my entire people suggesting we are all involved or we have certain hidden motive that we encourage against your people.That said,i share in your sorrow and hope the victims get justice.I stand with you if need be.I feel everyone regardless should see the bigger picture and where it could end.
All involved should face justice and the victims most have justice not becuase they are Igbos or anything but Becuase they are innocent people and Nigerians that have a right to live and get justice.

3 Likes

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by manny4life(m): 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
c.fours:
another stup[size=1pt].[/size]id biafra-cabal thread filled with a bunch of tribalistic farts.
you aren't fooling anyone here.

soon they will come up with a story of how 50 bodies that washed up the river in Anambra were killed by yorubas or hausas (if they haven't done that already). rubbish

Please be quiet when u need to, you mustn't talk on every thread.

1 Like

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 2:45am On Mar 21, 2013
bamu_hanya: I feel for the victims.Not only this ones but all others even yet to be discovered.I am from the North and I share in your pains.Igbos need to keep tribalism out of such issues.So Nigeria as a whole stands with you for justice.It would be hard and difficult for someone like me despite my feeling towards this unjustifiable killing of the innocent to come out and join your ranks for justice with fingers already pointed toward me and my entire people suggesting we are all involved or we have certain hidden motive that we encourage against your people.That said,i share in your sorrow and hope the victims get justice.I stand with you if need be.I feel everyone regardless should see the bigger picture and where it could end.
[size=14pt]All involved should face justice and the victims most have justice not becuase they are Igbos or anything but Becuase they are innocent people and Nigerians that have a right to live and get justice[/size].

Thank you for these words which included the KEYWORDS -ALL INVOLVED SHOULD FACE JUSTICE.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by alex101(m): 5:22am On Mar 21, 2013
@ manny4life, Eze Onlytruth, et.al, please check your hushmail, I've prepared a short statement for the "Kano bombing". Thanks.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by alex101(m): 5:39am On Mar 21, 2013
bamu_hanya: I feel for the victims.Not only this ones but all others even yet to be discovered.I am from the North and I share in your pains.Igbos need to keep tribalism out of such issues.So Nigeria as a whole stands with you for justice.It would be hard and difficult for someone like me despite my feeling towards this unjustifiable killing of the innocent to come out and join your ranks for justice with fingers already pointed toward me and my entire people suggesting we are all involved or we have certain hidden motive that we encourage against your people.That said,i share in your sorrow and hope the victims get justice.I stand with you if need be.I feel everyone regardless should see the bigger picture and where it could end.
All involved should face justice and the victims most have justice not becuase they are Igbos or anything but Becuase they are innocent people and Nigerians that have a right to live and get justice.
Thanks for your concern, but what do you think lead(s) to these types of killings and the most recent one we've just had in Kano, besides pure hate? If you ask me, Tribalism is one of them and Ndigbo are by far the least tribalistic group in nigeria, and that's why they've continually placed themselves in danger zones within nigeria. We are not accusing the entire people of north of this crime based on tribalism, rather we are doing so on some based on series of past events. Going forward, I will like to see reasonable northerners like yourself speak out against the extremist form of Islam that is taking root in your region, for the world as we know it frowns at such. If, you check out the websites of foreign news media like BBC, ABC, CBC, CBS, CNN, et.al, you will think nigeria has gone the way of Iraq with the recent terrorist act in Kano.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re:re What Have Yoruba Ever Produced / Video: Omoyele Sowere's Past Catches Up With Him As Woman Lays Curses On Him / Naira Redesign: You Have 12 Hours Left To Deposit Your Old Note..(CBN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.