Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (5416 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / We Will Never Support PDP Again – Igbo Forum / Afenifere Group: Yoruba Will Stand Alone If Military Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by bilms(m): 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
WHY YORUBA WILL NEVER SUPPORT GOODLUCK JONATHAN IN 2015
You will agree with me that Yoruba's are the most detribalized Nigerians. When it comes to standing against wrong practices and condemning bad things happening in our society, Yoruba's are usually in the fore front.

If you are competent and just, Yoruba's would support you at all cost, but if you are not, they would reject you. It doesn't matter if you are from their tribe or not. They support truth and human rights for all.

During Obasanjo's era, those who constitute major opposition against some policies and actions perceived to be unjust are the Yorubas. Yoruba's did say Obasanjo his our son, so we must support him, no, they are mostly against him, making sure he does the right thing. Notable among them include, Late Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Prof Wole Soyinka, Barrister Femi Falana, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Yinka Odumakin among others.

Even popular Fuji Musicians like King Saheed Osupa, K1, Muri thunder and others sang severally tracks to advise and some times condemn the perceived wrong practices by the then president.

It is in Yoruba's nature to support you when you act right and condemn you the next moment you act wrongly. This is the spirit of development.

Again, when the so called cabal were trying to prevent president Goodluck Jonathan from assuming the leadership of this country, those who lead the way were the Yoruba's. We all remember the Pastor Tunde Bakare led Save Nigeria Group. These selfless Nigerians slept on bare floor at the National Assembly for days protesting and fighting for truth and justice. I was right there with them.

At the end, Justice prevail and truth won over falsehood.

Now, its 2015 election and the unjust, incompetent and oppressor is president Goodluck Jonathan. The entire nation is against him for what has been described as clueless government. A govt in which the leader is insincere,confused, incompetent and selfishly greedy.

Apart from the fact that GEJ has greatly marginalized the Yoruba's which is not a problem by itself if he had perform well, his clueless and poor performance has clearly seen by all well meaning Nigerian is what is generally unacceptable for all Nigerians (Yoruba inclusive)and for this reason, i believe no sane Yoruba son and daughter would ever vote for GEJ in 2015. Yoruba's are known for fairness, competence and capability. They will never support incompetence, cluelessness and incapability.

Despite being marginalized in GEJ's 6years govt,where no one single Yoruba person occupy any reasonable position,Yoruba's never make such marginalization an issue. Yoruba believe in good governance not tribal or religious representation. But despite such marginalization by this govt, the Yoruba's and the entire nation had seen that GEJ's govt doesn't mean well for this country and it has failed beyond redemption. Therefore, it must be sent packing come March 28, 2015.

For the records
1. President- not a Yoruba
2. V-President- not a Yoruba
3. Sen. President- not a Yoruba
4. Speaker HR - not a Yoruba
5. Chief J - not a Yoruba
6. Pres. C Appeal - not a Yoruba
7. Sec Fed Govt. - not a Yoruba
8. Chief of Joint staff- not a Yoruba
9. CBN Gov - not a Yoruba
10. Min.of Fin - not a Yoruba
11. Attorneys-G - not a Yoruba
12. Defense Min - not a Yoruba
13. Petroleum Min - not a Yoruba
14. Chairman Port A - not a Yoruba
15. GMD NNPC- not a Yoruba
16. IG-Police - not a Yoruba
17. PDP chairman- not a Yoruba
18. GEJ campiagn DG- not a Yoruba
19. GEJ failed Yoruba and the entire nation in terms of leadership
20. No amount of endorsement from those who shared in GEJ's dollar bribe can make him have above 10% votes among Yoruba's.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by kay29000(m): 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2015

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by blackfase(m): 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
Spot on! You nailed it bru... This should at least let the ignorant Yoruba haters know that there's a valid reason for Yoruba's rejection of clueless, inept leadership and not based on parochialism as they purport. Punchline is; Yoruba's love to be governed well. We wont have it any other way....

12 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by temitemi1(m): 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
But we have decided to follow GEJ till 2019 tongue tongue tongue

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
Yorubas shouldn't blame anybody for their failure, No one told them to relinquish the post of the speaker for the northerners.

I am tired of these marginalization wailing and blame games

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by denko(m): 10:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
The speaker ship was zone to yoruba tinubu (yoruba man) and tambuwal (APC Lord) gang up against mulikat how is that Gej doing, no apology if you like vote against him i don't care but be rest assure this time next year you wont have nairaland to communicate cos Buhari cannot stand criticism

20 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by kheart(m): 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
This is the first time in d history of naija we ve real opposition party.

Let make a statement as one formidable force dat can change any inept govt. If Apc fails naija we collected back our mandate and hand it to another party (APGA or LP).

If we got it right dis time no party or politician ll loot treasury/money meant for the betterment of the masses.

One Naija
One africa
One luv

8 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Goddex: 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
Chief of staff is Yoruba from Ondo state.

Tinubu and APC aranged to rob Yorubas of House Reps speakership position

14 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
denko:
The speaker ship was zone to yoruba tinubu (yoruba man) and tambuwal (APC Lord) gang up against mulikat how is that Gej doing, no apology if you like vote against him i don't care but be rest assure this time next year you wont have nairaland to communicate cos Buhari cannot stand criticism
Leave them, later they will claim political sophistication. They want to put their eggs in one political basket(buhari) and they can't stop wailing like a less privileged tribe over marginalization, is this sophistication?

12 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Juliaann(f): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
Yoruba's should keep their vote we don't need it

With or without their vote GEJ will still win

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by stevecantrell: 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
Goddex:
Chief of staff is Yoruba from Ondo state.

Tinubu and APC aranged to rob Yorubas of House Reps speakership position

Raymond Dokpesi ?
Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by kestolove95(m): 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dats why I like d yoruba..dey will collct ur. Moni and vote against u...sowie gej

7 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by bilms(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
hum
Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by blackfase(m): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pls dont come here & mention any Mulikat here as a representative of the SW. That woman is as clueless as the head lizard himself. She wouldnt even be able to locate her own self in a toilet...
Mulikat ko, Alicat ni...

12 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by denko(m): 12:14am On Mar 08, 2015
blackfase:
Pls dont come here & mention any Mulikat here as a representative of the SW. That woman is as clueless as the head lizard himself. She wouldnt even be able to locate her own self in a toilet...
is that what you think
Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by realjoker(m): 12:37am On Mar 08, 2015
op abeg remove the last part, it contradict all what you have stated, and mod and seun, i will be glad to see this hit the fp, just for those who have been having misconception about yorubas on this matter.
no Yoruba in is right sense will vote for the incumbent government.
yorubas stood for him when he was being bullied by the northerners

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by chat2deen(m): 12:54am On Mar 08, 2015
TEACHER:
Jonathan, 2+8?

JONATHAN:
March 28, Sir.

TEACHER:
This boy, I wonder how dull you are. Did I ask you of the month of March. Sit down!
(turns to a female pupil) You Patience, solve this problem.

PATIENCE:
Sir no bi me start d problem. Na Jega, dat boy weh de sit by d door. Make you sendam out, d problem go solve be dat.

TEACHER:
If I send him out, what will I do to dull pupils like Jonathan and you?

PATIENCE :
Make you allow us repeat class, Sir.

BUHARI:
(Raises hand and cuts in) Don't agree sir. They'll always fail. Dismiss them. The answer is 10.

TEACHER:
Very good! But give me 10 reasons why Jonathan should be dismissed, first. Remember he's still the class captain.

BUHARI:
1. He never speaks the truth.
2. He is wicked.
3. He never wears shoes to the school.
4. He cheats.
5.He sold all the bulbs in this classroom, that's why we can't read when it is dark.
6. He dances even when the class is in trouble.
7. He over sleeps.
8. He keeps rats in the same box we keep our monthly contributions.
9. He doesn't take correction and
10. Hates to be advised.

TEACHER:
Class, what Buhari listed are bad qualities of a leader. So I will give you the chance to choose another class captain before the end of March. Is that okay?

ALL:
Yes sir!!, it is okay sir

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by bilms(m): 11:04am On Mar 09, 2015
lol
Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by seunfly: 11:13am On Mar 09, 2015
It is not about Yoruba as a group, it is about individuals. If you as an individual feels he has better my life why won't I vote for him but if I think otherwise why will I vote for him again?

3 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by bilms(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
cheesy
Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Anikulhapo(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
blackfase:
Exactly, She Represent My Constituency And I Can Not Point To Anything That She Has Done Other Than Sharing Money When Election Comes, Thank God That She Was Not Elected As The Speaker,She Is As Clueless As Jonathan!

3 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Anikulhapo(m): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
blackfase:
Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by bilms(m): 6:28am On Mar 12, 2015
wink
Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by udemzyudex(m): 6:42am On Mar 12, 2015
I'm just laughing at this OP and some people commenting..

Saying that yoruba won't vote for GEJ is funny,you talk as if you're the only yoruba person here in south west.

Anyway before you post something like this again,fist you have to stop your yorubab from campaigning for GEJ,cos i believe you saw the crowd in his campaign when he came to lagos.

Apart from that,have seen a lot of guys,sharing his hand bill,many of his gingle been played on radio etc,yes in lagos state and i believe such is also happening in other south west state.

So i'll advice you to stop dreaming,it would have been better if u had said,GEJ won't win in southwest than saying yoruba won't support him...

I also want to let you know that GEJ is winning at least 3 states in southwest... Take it or leave it..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 12, 2015
udemzyudex:
I'm just laughing at this OP and some people commenting..

Saying that yoruba won't vote for GEJ is funny,you talk as if you're the only yoruba person here in south west.

Anyway before you post something like this again,fist you have to stop your yorubab from campaigning for GEJ,cos i believe you saw the crowd in his campaign when he came to lagos.

Apart from that,have seen a lot of guys,sharing his hand bill,many of his gingle been played on radio etc,yes in lagos state and i believe such is also happening in other south west state.

So i'll advice you to stop dreaming,it would have been better if u had said,GEJ won't win in southwest than saying yoruba won't support him...

I also want to let you know that GEJ is winning at least 3 states in southwest... Take it or leave [b][/b]it..

Point of correction Sir. GEJ is winning the 6 SW States. Afterall, he got the blessings of the royal fathers, afenifere, opc among others already. God bless the Yorubas. God bless Nigeria.

....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by menesheh(m): 7:11am On Mar 12, 2015
chat2deen:

TEACHER:
Jonathan, 2+8?

JONATHAN:
March 28, Sir.

TEACHER:
This boy, I wonder how dull you are. Did I ask you of the month of March. Sit down!
(turns to a female pupil) You Patience, solve this problem.

PATIENCE:
Sir no bi me start d problem. Na Jega, dat boy weh de sit by d door. Make you sendam out, d problem go solve be dat.

TEACHER:
If I send him out, what will I do to dull pupils like Jonathan and you?

PATIENCE :
Make you allow us repeat class, Sir.

BUHARI:
(Raises hand and cuts in) Don't agree sir. They'll always fail. Dismiss them. The answer is 10.

TEACHER:
Very good! But give me 10 reasons why Jonathan should be dismissed, first. Remember he's still the class captain.

BUHARI:
1. He never speaks the truth.
2. He is wicked.
3. He never wears shoes to the school.
4. He cheats.
5.He sold all the bulbs in this classroom, that's why we can't read when it is dark.
6. He dances even when the class is in trouble.
7. He over sleeps.
8. He keeps rats in the same box we keep our monthly contributions.
9. He doesn't take correction and
10. Hates to be advised.

TEACHER:
Class, what Buhari listed are bad qualities of a leader. So I will give you the chance to choose another class captain before the end of March. Is that okay?

ALL:
Yes sir!!, it is okay sir

You just displayed your ignorant here, answer this question yourself,
Who failed mathematics amongs them
-GEJ
-PEJ
-GMB

if u answer correctly, you know to yourself that you are not biased and Ingrate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by organic973: 7:16am On Mar 12, 2015
Whoever posted this is just funny it's full of contradictions.
You said yorubas marginalization is not really seen as a problem and yet you listed the different positions that they are denied of and at the end you said no sane yoruba will support GEJ which YOU know it's impossible.

I mean no insult but were you asked to do this and by who?

GEJ is liable to get 65 to 75 percent of votes in all the yoruba states put together.

Thanks

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Bifwoli: 7:18am On Mar 12, 2015
Naija govt is a govt of the east,by the easterners for easterners.

Deal with it Yorubas........GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Rilwayne001: 7:26am On Mar 12, 2015
myhoodlink:

[s] Point of correction Sir. GEJ is winning the 6 SW States. Afterall, he got the blessings of the royal fathers, afenifere, opc among others already. God bless the Yorubas. God bless Nigeria. [/s]
We shall see.

....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. T

Better go find another business do. Boys don wise up.

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

We shall see.

Better go find another business do. Boys don wise up.

Ignorance is a disease. Call 180 (MTN Call Centre)

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by iconize(m): 7:34am On Mar 12, 2015
The op is contradicting himself. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 by nakamora: 7:58am On Mar 12, 2015
Let the flow of money continue & all the mudsliding.We are also ready to give gej/PDP news of sw endorsement of his candidacy.

o rese were o bu,....... grin grin

aja ti o ba sonu ko ni gbo fere Olode.

Let the spray of money continue, arungun omo,apa,ojo esin Gej suu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THE TRUTH ON WHY GEJ SACKED FIRS BOSS AND APPOINTED ACTING CHAIRMAN / BREAKING!! Arthur Eze, Anumudu, Ekeoma, 200 Billionaires ‘shutdown’ Lagos(Photos / Youngest Governor To Rule Lagos State With Senator Tinubu. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.