Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention (9870 Views)

PDP Disowns Jalo, Denies Asking Jonathan To Speak On Arms Deal / PDP Disowns Dokpesi, Says Apology To Nigerians His Personal Opinion / PDP Disowns Group Over Unauthorized Statement On Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Maxymilliano(m): 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
The ruling party says opposition are merely seeking attention and sympathy

The governing Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has denied it is behind the “APC” name crisis that has engulfed opposition parties seeking alliance, disowning a party hatchet man, Ugochinyere Ikenga, named as the instigator of the feud.

Multiple media investigations have exposed Mr. Ikenga, a card-carrying member of the PDP, as the individual behind the formation of African Peoples Congress, APC, a rival controversial group seeking to be registered as a political party under the acronym “APC” already adopted by a merger of four opposition parties.

The effort is suspected to be aimed at thwarting the new coalition, namely Action Congress of Nigeria, Congress for Progressive Change, All Nigeria Peoples Partyand All Progressive Grand Alliance, seeking toform the All Progressives Congress.

A figure well known to similar underhanded deals at the behest of the ruling party, Mr. Ikenga’s scheme this time, to launch the new party, has struck off intense crisis between the opposition parties and the PDP, accused of backing him.

In a statement on Saturday, the PDP denied the allegation, a refutation it has repeatedly made. The party said Mr. Ikenga’s past, whichsaw him also lead a campaign against the current chairman of the party, Bamanga Tukur, had rendered him an “estranged fellow” who cannot be an agent of the party.

“To the best of our knowledge, no member of the PDP is involved in the formation of any other political organization, neither are we interested in the activities of any other Party,”the party said in a statement signed by spokesperson, Olisa Metuh.

“The alleged involvement of one Ugochinyere Imo Ikenga in the formation of the other APC has no bearing whatsoever on us. From our findings, Mr. Ikenga’s recent activities, including his unsavoury attacks and illicit campaign for the dissolution of the the Bamanga Tukur led National Working Committee makes him an estranged fellow and therefore can never be an agent of the PDP in anyway
.”

The party accused the opposition, led by the ACN, of staging the crisis to gain sympathy and popularity.

“We strongly suspect that the current drama on ownership of name may have been contrived by the ACN to attract attention to themselves and earn undue sympathy,” it said.

“This plot has played out in the sudden emergence and withdrawal of a third group bearing the acronym APC. The question is, could the merger group be creating a scenario where they would compete within themselves and claim “victory” after overheating the polity with phantom parties? The capacity of our opposition for mischief has never been in doubt. We will not be surprised to find out at the end of the day thatthe merger parties are behind this needless crisis”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125268-pdp-disowns-hatchet-man-ikenga-says-acn-behind-apc-name-crisis-for-attention.html

2 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Pizzanatty(m): 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
I would hv comment,bt i dont want my OGA AT D TOP 2 say sometyn else...so plsss wait ,let me ask Oga at d top if i can comment as first 2 comment

1 Like

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by seunfly: 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
Some peaple will still delibratly make this be be real and defend this lies despite all the evidence that link him with pdp. This website i hail o!

1 Like

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Kajiang02(m): 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
I've always said I'm beginning to seriously suspect fowl play from the hands of ACN. The authority and confidence the buhari/tinubu led APC reacts to these issues as if "nothing dey happen" makes one believe all these are publicity stunts and its sure working for them cos they generate lots of traffic on these.
PDP is no saint either, but my pick will be the merger APC at work.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by seanet02: 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
How low can you PDP hatchets stoop?
Not Denying that a card carrying member is doing this but claiming that it was ACN trying to get sympathy.
Pure madness.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by ugoezeb(m): 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
Weda d ACN is playing sympathy tricks or publicity stunts, (of which i thought of), all i know is dat Nigerians are more enlightened in politics than b4.

One thing is certain, GEJ-PDP will win 2015 presidential election. Dats all.

14 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by seunfly: 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
I hope they did not use pdp spokes person again just like the website.
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by seanet02: 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
ugoezeb: Weda d ACN is playing sympathy tricks or publicity stunts, (of which i thought of), all i know is dat Nigerians are more enlightened in politics than b4.

That will only happen in your dreams.

42 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by seunfly: 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
ugoezeb: Weda d ACN is playing sympathy tricks or publicity stunts, (of which i thought of), all i know is dat Nigerians are more enlightened in politics than b4.

My own is not about pdp/jeg winning the election but let the best that will favour Nigeria wins.
Both of them are not my father, God is my father and i am only loyal to Nigeria and not my tribe, jonathan, Tinubu Buhari or any body 4rm pdp to Apc.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
If caught...you will be DENIED! grin

4 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Kajiang02(m): 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Funny enough we'll never find new parties with young minds and clear breed of people with a Vision but these sets of old recycled hag of non-thinking men.
What's the difference with the PDP and the merger party.
Looking thru the Manifesto of the other APC sef, one can't help but even imagine how good their plans are.
Btw, we know them all na. Good on paper works and nothing to show on ground.

1 Like

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by takedat(m): 11:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE! When he(Ikenga) was used in hounding and terrorising Atiku, Nnamani and Nwodo, PDP didn't see him as an estranged fellow but now that he's underhand dirty dealings has been exposed, they are quick to disown him! A motley crew of brazen-faced liars, thieves and despicable desperados!

7 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by EkoIle1: 11:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
seanet02: How low can you PDP hatchets stoop?
Not Denying that a card carrying member is doing this but claiming that it was ACN trying to get sympathy.
Pure madness.

As if ACN need sympathy. These PDP clowns operate like elementary school kids.
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by lacasa: 12:19am On Mar 17, 2013
With all the evidence of PDP's underhand tactics to play dirty, we still hhave some people here, declaring for the same evil Party and it's corruption czar, GEJ

#... Hммм°! ..will Nigeria ever reach the Promised land

2 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 17, 2013
Next time they (coalition) will conclude first in private (as the case should warrant), register with the relevant agency (INEC in this case) before they start making unnecessary noise.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by dangiwa09(m): 4:32am On Mar 17, 2013
Pizzanatty: I would hv comment,bt i dont want my OGA AT D TOP 2 say sometyn else...so plsss wait ,let me ask Oga at d top if i can comment as first 2 comment

Give it a rest, it's old now. Besides, you're no better.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Redoil: 4:34am On Mar 17, 2013
Kajiang02: I've always said I'm beginning to seriously suspect fowl play from the hands of ACN. The authority and confidence the buhari/tinubu led APC reacts to these issues as if "nothing dey happen" makes one believe all these are publicity stunts and its sure working for them cos they generate lots of traffic on these.
if CPCandACN merger should lose the election thier will be more bombig and distruction of property and killing in the north. So gej should not contest he should just hand over to osamabuhari and tinubu.even if he contestest and win
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Parnassuss(m): 4:35am On Mar 17, 2013
CAMPAIGN TO IMPEACH GEJ
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Redoil: 4:35am On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=lacasa]With all the evidence of PDP's underhand tactics to play dirty, we still hhave some people here, declaring for the same evil Party and it's corruption czar, GEJ if CPCandACN merger should lose the election thier will be more bombig and distruction of property and killing in the north. So gej should not contest he should just hand over to osamabuhari and tinubu.even if he contestest and win
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Cmoyor: 4:38am On Mar 17, 2013
They are the same bunch of clueless old men
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Redoil: 4:42am On Mar 17, 2013
OK_2_NV: Next time they (coalition) will conclude first in private (as the case should warrant), register with the relevant agency (INEC in this case) before they start making unnecessary noise.
dont mind them stupid coalition that do not uderstand the rudiment of politcs. if CPCandACN merger should lose the election thier will be more bombig and distruction of property and killing in the north. So gej should not contest he should just hand over to osamabuhari and tinubu.even if he contestest and win he should quit the seat and run away.

1 Like

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Redoil: 4:46am On Mar 17, 2013
seanet02: How low can you PDP hatchets stoop?
Pure madness.
pure madness indeed. stupid coalition that do not uderstand the rudiment of politcs. if CPCandACN merger should lose the election thier will be more bombig and distruction of property and killing in the north. So gej should not contest he should just hand over to osamabuhari and tinubu.even if he contestest and win he should quit the seat and run away.
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by BabaOyo(m): 5:19am On Mar 17, 2013
Redoil: pure madness indeed. stupid coalition that do not uderstand the rudiment of politcs. if CPCandACN merger should lose the election thier will be more bombig and distruction of property and killing in the north. So gej should not contest he should just hand over to osamabuhari and tinubu.even if he contestest and win he should quit the seat and run away.
You are beginning to sound like a broken record already madam!!!
I can't believe with all the happenings in this country some people like you Redoil is still supporting PDP & GEJ !!!!!
Any right thinking fellow who believes in good governance & transparency should look beyond party affiliation & wake up to reality!! Even if APC is no better, I will NEVER believe anyone will still go & thumb print for PDP in the next election!! I still maintain....SHAME on you ALL who voted for JONATHAN...shame on everyone of you!!!!
Eni ti a fe sun je, ti o tu lo fi epo ra ara l'oro yin

6 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by kennytidistar(m): 5:58am On Mar 17, 2013
Baba Oyo:
I can't believe with all the happenings in this country some people like you Redoil is still supporting PDP & GEJ !!!!!
Any right thinking fellow who believes in good governance & transparency should look beyond party affiliation & wake up to reality!! Even if APC is no better, I will NEVER believe anyone will still go & thumb print for PDP in the next election!! I still maintain....SHAME on you ALL who voted for JONATHAN...shame on everyone of you!!!!

assuming you are able to do a good job by convincing all nairalanders to vote tinubuhari what are the chancess that both will win? Since nairaland has only one million people out of over 180 million people and seventy percent of nairalanders are not eligible to vote because they are under 18years old having atleast 300,000 elegible voters on nairaland including those boko boys in the north because i could remember those that voted in the north are ibos with 70 percent high margin compare to the core notherners, so what are the chances that the APC will win? Because i wonder how the magic is gonna happen when 50 percent vote is not even sure for the APC in the west considering the inhuman attitude of some governors like that os lagos state.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by killuminati(m): 6:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Mumu party, mumu leaders, mumu followers. Add everything together equals to mumu talk, mumu decisions. So-called president sef carry mumu face, dress like a mumu, wife mumu, pikin mumu, papa mumu, mama mumu, entire family mumu...abeg make we stop these mumu people before dem turn our country to mumu country! Na everyday mumu thing dey happen for naija, which way naija? Abeg stop to dey mumu dey go na only one life dey oh!

6 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by ugoezeb(m): 6:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Baba Oyo:

If you dont like Gej look for d nearest transformer in ur area nd kiss. GEJ is the best President Nigeria has ever had, though d opposition and haters r tryin to paint him black. I'm not saying that he is a saint, but atleast he is better for Nigeria nw. Within 2yrs, his administration has made serious impact like improved power, better aviation, better agric sector, reviving d railtracks. These achievements r very conspicuous for all to see. GEJ-PDP till 2019.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Aussie(m): 6:09am On Mar 17, 2013
Your life will be, at best, stagnant. You shall generate several billions of dollars in revenue but you offsprings will walk the stressts in rags and eat crimps from you. Darkness shall perpetually be yours and wailing and gnashing of teeth shall not leave your domain. These shall be the lots of those that will thump-print for PDP in 2015 presidential election cos this is the situation Nigeria is in now and that means they will be voting for continuity rather than for a Change as the slogan of the APC connotes.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by killuminati(m): 6:12am On Mar 17, 2013
ugoezeb:

If you dont like Gej look for d nearest transformer in ur area nd kiss. GEJ is the best President Nigeria has ever had, though d opposition and haters r tryin to paint him black. I'm not saying that he is a saint, but atleast he is better for Nigeria nw. Within 2yrs, his administration has made serious impact like improved power, better aviation, better agric sector, reviving d railtracks. These achievements r very conspicuous for all to see. GEJ-PDP till 2019.
Na devul go hammer that ya head there Mumu person!

1 Like

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by ogadTop2: 6:20am On Mar 17, 2013
i wonder what good you guys expect Tinubu and Buhari will bring to our nation..... of a truth.... i now see Buhari as a DESPERATE MAN. .. don't trust him no more...
... i still prefer GEJ's devil to Buhari/Tinubu's angels

1 Like

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by koruji(m): 6:23am On Mar 17, 2013
You need some repairs upstairs...

Kajiang02: I've always said I'm beginning to seriously suspect fowl play from the hands of ACN. The authority and confidence the buhari/tinubu led APC reacts to these issues as if "nothing dey happen" makes one believe all these are publicity stunts and its sure working for them cos they generate lots of traffic on these.
Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by ugoezeb(m): 6:23am On Mar 17, 2013
killuminati: Na devul go hammer that ya head there Mumu person!

I dont have time for u cos u dont have any point to make. So piss off.

GEJ-PDP till 2019

4 Likes

Re: PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention by Jesuspikin87(m): 6:27am On Mar 17, 2013
It cud be TRUE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Quotes On Corruption, Governance, Leadership, Poverty And Hunger. / Why Sanwo-olu Won’t Probe Ambode’s Government / Reno Omokri Replies Guardian UK Piece On Jonathan's Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.