Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? (762 Views)

Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation / Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / Osinbajo At Tinubu’s Residence To Celebrate With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? by waleadex(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
In January, Nigeria will be celebrating 100 years of her existence as a united and indivisible nation. It was in January 1914 that Lord Frederick Lugard signed the amalgamation document uniting the Colony and Protectorate of Southern Nigeria and the Protectorate of Northern Nigeria.

He signed the document in Zungeru which he established as his capital. This house here where he signed the document was effectively the Aso Rock of Nigeria until Lugard moved the capital to Lagos because of its proximity to the sea.

As we prepare to celebrate our centenary in January 2014, should restoring the house where the amalgamation was signed and turning it into a museum not be top of the agenda? Unfortunately, look at the pathetic state of the house in Zungeru.

It is in a state of disuse with weeds haven taken over. I hope those charged with organising the celebrations do something about it. I also think that Zungeru as a town should get an economic boost too, ditto Lokoja, Nigeria's other colonial capital.

Nigeria has had four capitals in her history - Lokoja, Zungeru, Lagos and Abuja. Today, they should all be world class cities!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=350125468430482&set=a.220003301442700.43914.184759784967052&type=1&relevant_count=1

Re: Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? by Qbaba(m): 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
So we have had 4 Capitals in history?
Re: Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? by adewale005: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Wow! I did confirm this on google,never heard of this before now.This post is educative.
Re: Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Another opportunity raising its urgly head in 2014 for political vampires in PDP to dry the treasure for 2015 electoral robbery.
Re: Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? by waleadex(m): 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
JudismphD: Another opportunity raising its urgly head in 2014 for political vampires in PDP to dry the treasure for 2015 electoral robbery.
I quite agree with you.Personally I don't have any confidence in our government.Stuff like this should be celebrated but the handlers will see it as loop-hole to eat-up the nation's treasury.It's so sad that the masses have lost confidence in Nigerian movers.
Re: Nigeria Will Be 100yrs Come Jan.,2014 - Worthy To Celebrate Or Not? by Qbaba(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
waleadex:
I quite agree with you.Personally I don't have any confidence in our government.Stuff like this should be celebrated but the handlers will see it as loop-hole to eat-up the nation's treasury.It's so sad that the masses have lost confidence in Nigerian movers.
Well said brother!

(1) (Reply)

OPC Throw Wait Behind Northerners Demand For Amnesty To Militant / When Will This Electoral "Mago Mago" End In Bayelsa State? / Local Government Council Or Business Venture Council?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.